PDA

View Full Version : TPTB & Social Media

White Rabbit
23rd January 2011, 04:15
I was just wondering about anyone's thinkings on how we can accentuate what The Powers That Be may be viewing as the abomination in their plans of tempering their message... and that is known as "Social Media" aka Facebook, Twitter and the like. Did they allow for this mass dynamic to become what it has? The spiderwebbing of information... the leaps and bounds we humans can and do go through to push forth what we believe in and want to see passed on? Did they factor in someone randomly joining one of these sites and then randomly search out and connect with others? Finding the very information they themselves are seeking? Did TPTB count on the power of one connecting with one connecting with many many more with an unlimited potential? Now whether 'the one' chooses to pass on any information, well that is the wonder of curiosity isn't it? Did TPTB take into consideration the power of human social networking? No? Is it because they are not social beings... therefore they are not able to fathom the power of the people!? So how can we use this medium with the most effectivness? To pique others curiosity... maybe they are thinking and observing yet do not know where to turn... so how do we help spread the information but yet not sound like alarmists? How do we raise awareness of the obvious... that is a challlenge seeing the obvious is being choaked out by things like sit-coms, PS3, manufactured news, unexplainably severe weather patterns, any shiney object to catch our collective eye... grabbing us fron the "what the hell.... " to "oooh shiney!!" I want to open eyes... but in a way that the eyes want to see more making the mind curious and seeking answers... not the eye rolling snake oil gloom and doom prophit....

thanks for listening...

the white rabbit & such

KosmicKat
23rd January 2011, 14:46
So much depends ... I assume for the purposes of this reply that the term TPTB refers to the powers that want to continue to wield their authority over those who have not yet realized their power. If my assumption makes an ass of U and ME please correct me.

What the information revolution has done is to make it possible to disseminate ideas more quickly. But that just means that the truth is still getting it's electronic sneakers on while the lie is rounding the electronic third base.

Do you give any credit to the idea that perhaps some of those behind the scenes genuinely want the best for humankind?

White Rabbit
24th January 2011, 01:35
I (think) I have inserted blue comments into your quoted reply... if this doesn't look like I am hoping... I apologize and probably won't be able to fix it lol (Hitting 'post reply' now and crossing my fingers...)

So much depends ... I assume for the purposes of this reply that the term TPTB refers to the powers that want to continue to wield their authority over those who have not yet realized their power. If my assumption makes an ass of U and ME please correct me. TPTB in my mind has never been a positive thing and I associate it with oppressing others, so I believe we are on the same page with that...

What the information revolution has done is to make it possible to disseminate ideas more quickly. But that just means that the truth is still getting it's electronic sneakers on while the lie is rounding the electronic third base. And I am counting on that 3rd baseperson to stick out their foot or something to trip up that lie...

Do you give any credit to the idea that perhaps some of those behind the scenes genuinely want the best for humankind? ah! you said 'some of those behind the scenes'! yes I fully believe that some behind the scenes do want what is best and they are doing what they can however they can to make that happen.. but TPTB... nope... they want to distract us with the "ooh shiney" things...