PDA

View Full Version : Are we all Avatars? (from a Newbie)

Linden
25th January 2011, 17:01
After reading what *Charles* has to say, there is so much to process! I am going to begin with my own experiences, as that is the only reference I have at this point. I have what I call my spirit guide that has come into my life within the last, say, ten years that has told me to *Be at peace* (followed by a wash of peacefulness) when I struggle with the suffering that humans go through with the devastation of war and natural disasters. I have been told that when one of my dearest loved ones might have passed that, *It will be all right* (followed by a feeling of acceptance and peace). I have been told very clearly by this entity that *I am you.* I have experienced the most complete feeling of acceptance and all immersion into all inclusive love. Are we avatars being used individually by the *one* that exists in order to advance that *one's* growth of the *whole* existence, spirit, universe or whatever name we give it? Summing it up, ultimately all of our earthly struggles culminate in serving the purpose of growth of the whole? This may seem simplistic, but I am grasping for an understanding of what is going on.

Can we know what happiness is without Sorrow? Peace

pilotsimone
25th January 2011, 17:23
deleted post

Linden
25th January 2011, 18:37
From my own experience and what I've learned for myself so far...I would agree with your post. Though I'm learning that things change on a dime and what I thought to be true yesterday, might not be true today. :)

Very true.... I have so much to learn, and there is so much material to go through at this site. I love your quote,*Nature loves Courage* I had to muster a lot of courage to post. :) I appreciate your kindness. Peace

Charlie Pecos
25th January 2011, 18:55
Hello Linden,
I too am new here at PA. I was really touched when you said that you were told "I am You". I had a very similar experienced last week when I was told "we are you, we are all around you".
By "we" they meant my friends and family. My living relatives higher selves came through during meditation! Believe me, I'm not used to this kind of thing.

Linden
25th January 2011, 19:40
Hello Linden,
I too am new here at PA. I was really touched when you said that you were told "I am You". I had a very similar experienced last week when I was told "we are you, we are all around you".
By "we" they meant my friends and family. My living relatives higher selves came through during meditation! Believe me, I'm not used to this kind of thing.

Charlie, I'm glad to know someone else that has had an experience such as this. I think it gives it more credence that we are truly all together in this and are connected. I appreciate your input. :)

Dennis Leahy
25th January 2011, 20:29
In a word, yes. (At least, that's my understanding.)

After rejection all 'religions', and after spending years embracing Buddhist philosophy, the one thing that always baffled me was the Buddhist belief in reincarnation. I never accepted it, and figured it was one of those cultural things from ancient India that somehow got blended in with the teachings of Buddhism. I figured that it wasn't a critical aspect of Buddhist philosophy, and thought of karma in concrete terms over the course of a person's life, (birth to death), and not really as something attached to past or future lives.

I mentioned that to a wise and spiritual friend, and (knowing my pragmatic, scientific mind), she sent me two books:
Many Lives, Many Masters - by Dr. Brian Weiss
and
Journey of Souls - by Dr. Michael Newton

These are books written by two scientifically-minded men that steadfastly did not believe in reincarnation - until they were presented with overwhelming evidence.

I read them in the order that I listed them, and for me that was the perfect introduction, followed by world-shattering disclosure of our lives in the spirit realm between incarnations.

Unlike listening to one individual person that has (possible) insight and always wondering if they are deluded or have an agenda (such as a financial motive) - for me David Icke falls into this category - the Journey of Souls book documents the "between lives" (spirit) memories of over 7000 different patients. On top of that, dozens of hypnotherapists have been trained in the special hypnosis techniques to help people break through the human state of amnesia to their spirit memories, so for this to be BS, they would have to conspire with all of the hypnotherapists plus everybody who has undergone the "Life Between Lives" (LBL) sessions. In short, I would think it is impossible for this to be BS or false memories. And finally, unlike joining a monastery and meditating for a dozen years hoping to gain insight/memory of spirit life (which some people do without any hypnotherapy), if you really want to gain the answer to the questions of whether reincarnation is real, and what your own personal spirit memories are, and maybe find out what specifically you set for yourself as your major task in this incarnation, you can go to one of the LBL hypnotherapists yourself and experience it. We might have the opportunity to get on a low earth orbit ship for half a million dollars in the next year, but it only costs between $500 and $800 to go through a 2-day (two 4 hour sessions, back-to-back days) LBL hypnotherapy sessions to experience this. Better deal than a weightless view of Earth, if you ask me.

(No, I'm not affiliated in any way with LBL hypnotherapists.)

The Avatar movie was the only movie in my life I ever went back to a theater twice to see and see again, and it was probably because it was a cinematic representation of incarnation that touched me spiritually. So, your use of the word "avatar" I believe is accurate.

Dennis

Linden
25th January 2011, 20:58
In a word, yes. (At least, that's my understanding.)

After rejection all 'religions', and after spending years embracing Buddhist philosophy, the one thing that always baffled me was the Buddhist belief in reincarnation. I never accepted it, and figured it was one of those cultural things from ancient India that somehow got blended in with the teachings of Buddhism. I figured that it wasn't a critical aspect of Buddhist philosophy, and thought of karma in concrete terms over the course of a person's life, (birth to death), and not really as something attached to past or future lives.

I mentioned that to a wise and spiritual friend, and (knowing my pragmatic, scientific mind), she sent me two books:
Many Lives, Many Masters - by Dr. Brian Weiss
and
Journey of Souls - by Dr. Michael Newton

These are books written by two scientifically-minded men that steadfastly did not believe in reincarnation - until they were presented with overwhelming evidence.

I read them in the order that I listed them, and for me that was the perfect introduction, followed by world-shattering disclosure of our lives in the spirit realm between incarnations.

Unlike listening to one individual person that has (possible) insight and always wondering if they are deluded or have an agenda (such as a financial motive) - for me David Icke falls into this category - the Journey of Souls book documents the "between lives" (spirit) memories of over 7000 different patients. On top of that, dozens of hypnotherapists have been trained in the special hypnosis techniques to help people break through the human state of amnesia to their spirit memories, so for this to be BS, they would have to conspire with all of the hypnotherapists plus everybody who has undergone the "Life Between Lives" (LBL) sessions. In short, I would think it is impossible for this to be BS or false memories. And finally, unlike joining a monastery and meditating for a dozen years hoping to gain insight/memory of spirit life (which some people do without any hypnotherapy), if you really want to gain the answer to the questions of whether reincarnation is real, and what your own personal spirit memories are, and maybe find out what specifically you set for yourself as your major task in this incarnation, you can go to one of the LBL hypnotherapists yourself and experience it. We might have the opportunity to get on a low earth orbit ship for half a million dollars in the next year, but it only costs between $500 and $800 to go through a 2-day (two 4 hour sessions, back-to-back days) LBL hypnotherapy sessions to experience this. Better deal than a weightless view of Earth, if you ask me.

(No, I'm not affiliated in any way with LBL hypnotherapists.)

The Avatar movie was the only movie in my life I ever went back to a theater twice to see and see again, and it was probably because it was a cinematic representation of incarnation that touched me spiritually. So, your use of the word "avatar" I believe is accurate.

Dennis

Dennis,
Your response is very much in line with this idea. I know that even though I have not done extensive research of Buddhism, when someone asks me what *religion* I am, I tell them that my beliefs are closer to Buddhism than any other, and living in the bible belt, I get some pretty strange looks, since I am also Caucasion. I do have detailed memories of 2 past lives, and a birthmark that, at least to me, proves one of them. Anyway, I find it fascinating that your reply has led to Buddhism, because it seems very appropriate in reference to the idea of our being avatars. I really appreciate your reply, as it adds to my contemplation on this matter. With Great Appreciation, Linden :)

Charlie Pecos
25th January 2011, 22:47
Dennis,
Thank you for bringing up "Avatar". Like you, I watched it twice in the theatre, something I have never done. I am amazed James Cameron got away with making this film, and yet very few talk about it. How many times does someone say "you need to wake up"? It's like he's slapping us in the face! What exactly is our "secret space program" doing up there?

pilotsimone
26th January 2011, 00:57
deleted post

Linden
27th January 2011, 23:02
I cannot speak to reincarnation, I have no memories of any other lives. I have had several experiences (while meditating w/entheogens) where I assumed my 'role' in a higher dimension.

By this I mean, I became part of a collective consciousness. It's almost impossible to verbalize, but we (this particular collective consciousness) were working. I had a 'job', so to speak, but I didn't know where they ended and I began, if that makes sense. It's like being a drop in an ocean.

So, after these experiences it isn't hard for me to imagine reincarnation. It just makes sense. Although I'm more of the opinion that I'm living all of these incarnations at once (since time is not really linear). So, maybe the word 'reincarnation' isn't entirely accurate?

Fascinating stuff either way.

I find your experience very interesting! I also like the idea of living all of our incarnations all at once. That makes sense to me. We are the *whole* of all of our experiences at every level. It is all very dimensional, and it feels true. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Carmody
28th January 2011, 05:01
read a book, once... on the thing about the old masters coming here now,as this is where they are needed.

Called 'reborn in the west'. Very interesting.

Dennis Leahy
28th January 2011, 05:25
I cannot speak to reincarnation, I have no memories of any other lives. I have had several experiences (while meditating w/entheogens) where I assumed my 'role' in a higher dimension.

By this I mean, I became part of a collective consciousness. It's almost impossible to verbalize, but we (this particular collective consciousness) were working. I had a 'job', so to speak, but I didn't know where they ended and I began, if that makes sense. It's like being a drop in an ocean.

So, after these experiences it isn't hard for me to imagine reincarnation. It just makes sense. Although I'm more of the opinion that I'm living all of these incarnations at once (since time is not really linear). So, maybe the word 'reincarnation' isn't entirely accurate?

Fascinating stuff either way.
pilotsimone/Brook,

Wait 'til you read the accounts of remembering being in spirit form and learning to manipulate/transform energy and matter. Evidently, the process of 'creation' - at least some of it - is some kind of (for lack of a better analogy) mid-level job not handled directly by the Source, but by advanced souls. If I recall correctly, creation is most frequently handled by teams/groups of souls.

...and the discussion of souls who choose to split in three or more (replicants) with varying amounts of the original soul energy, to enable simultaneous incarnations.

...and your intuition that the human way of speaking of time (linear) is inadequate to the reality of non-linear time.

Seems you're breaking through to or intuiting the same experiences reported by some people who have remembered life between lives in hypnotherapeutic sessions.

Dennis

slipknotted
28th January 2011, 06:26
sometimes i will pick a post and i see it has everything to do with me at the moment things can be so in sync, so thanks everybody.

Carmody
28th January 2011, 14:48
the path to truth is as long as you allow your fears to make it.