PDA

View Full Version : Michio Kaku really is a shill

irishspirit
27th January 2011, 19:34
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/41290750#41290750

That man at one stage had my respect, now, he is just a shill.

Swami
27th January 2011, 19:52
What positions are possible in a Global Swing....?:smokin:

araucaria
27th January 2011, 19:59
What positions are possible in a Global Swing....?:smokin:

A Global Backswing followed by a Global Hook/Slice into a Global bunker?

Garry Irwin
27th January 2011, 20:41
These guys do like their new buzz words don't they?
We've gone from Global Warming to Global Climate Change and now it's Global Swing.
Whatever name they give it they haven't got a clue what is really going on.
The good professor more or less says so in the video.

Swami
27th January 2011, 20:45
These guys do like their new buzz words don't they?
We've gone from Global Warming to Global Climate Change and now it's Global Swing.
Whatever name they give it they haven't got a clue what is really going on.
The good professor more or less says so in the video.

Climate Disruption should also be in the list, between Change and Swing.......

Garry Irwin
27th January 2011, 20:52
Climate Disruption should also be in the list, between Change and Swing.......

OK, good one Swami...
That's a new one on me.
Adds it to the list.
Any more?

And anyway...
What is a Professor of Theoretical Physics doing on a news show talking about the weather?

bashi
27th January 2011, 21:00
vMN6tsHvWD4

norman
27th January 2011, 21:04
And anyway...
What is a Professor of Theoretical Physics doing on a news show talking about the weather?

Err... returning a few favours?

Bosswagon
27th January 2011, 21:08
I have never had much respect for Michio Kaku. He may have some fancy letters at the end of his name, but to me that has not overshadowed the fact that he rarely has anything insightful to share on a topic. the man said we are 1000 years from being able to create a wormhole. is he just not paying attention? or is he, like all other pop academics, desperately clinging to the status quo which prevents his training and worldview from becoming obsolete? i would guess the latter.

AlkaMyst
27th January 2011, 21:09
irishspirit

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...90750#41290750 (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/41290750#41290750)

WOW.....I can't believe the non-sense that Dr. Kaku is talking about in this video. I used to highly respect this man, but it's more clear now that TPTB already got to him! :(

Some of the latest videos and articles I've seen on the man are actually getting more and more rubbish and full of BS, really sad!!!

LunarCrystal
27th January 2011, 21:29
I do believe his name was mentioned as being a participant in a panel for the recent Global Competitiveness Forum that took place this past Jan. 22-25. You know, right? The one where supposedly all these world business leaders were basically flat-out told of the reality of ETs and UFOs? (I'm hoping this is actually true and not just a silly news story floating around to get all of us on the "fringe" excited for nothing. . . )

In any case, based on this news, I assume that perhaps Dr. Kaku knows more than he lets on. And, yeah, he's in on it 'cause he gets paid for it. Knowledge is power . . . and profitable. I still think the little guy is kinda cute though. ^^ Like, I want to pet him and go, "Aww."

astrid
27th January 2011, 21:34
it seems that they wait until a person has enough of a following then they use them for their own means.

Its a good thing some are aware of this game and can see it for what it is.

It's then becomes a task of stopping this insidiousness before it passes through the gate.

We are the gatekeepers .

firstlook
27th January 2011, 21:38
He isn't a shill, just isn't ready to face the fall of his paradigm. The word shill is thrown around way to much these days.

norman
27th January 2011, 21:47
He isn't a shill, just isn't ready to face the fall of his paradigm. The word shill is thrown around way to much these days.

I agree. Shill implies they've all got informed intention. Most of them, including so called bright academics, are better described as Shmuts. There seems to be a huge and growing crowd of failing or compromised celebrities who congregate at the media hiring line to be 5 minute jerks.

Teakai
28th January 2011, 00:15
He'd have to be a shill.
He works for NASA and gets mainstream media airtime.

At least, I think he works for NASA - from listening to his interviews I always got the impression he did.
I'll do some checking up.

OK - seems he doesn't work for NASA - which make this post pretty irrelevant but for the mainstream media air time bit.

modwiz
28th January 2011, 00:21
irishspirit

WOW.....I can't believe the non-sense that Dr. Kaku is talking about in this video. I used to highly respect this man, but it's more clear now that TPTB already got to him! :(

Some of the latest videos and articles I've seen on the man are actually getting more and more rubbish and full of BS, really sad!!!

He has cultivated a following and he is likable and seen as intelligent and reasonable, a perfect vessel for pouring propaganda onto all his admirers and people who respect scientists. As a quantum guy he is seen as a mystical scientist, a guru with degrees. He will be, and probably already is, well rewarded for his utility.

str8thinker
28th January 2011, 03:12
I just watched the video and think he did a good job of explaining a difficult concept within a limited timeslot. So how does that make him a shill?

ketikoti
28th January 2011, 03:28
He has cultivated a following and he is likable and seen as intelligent and reasonable, a perfect vessel for pouring propaganda onto all his admirers and people who respect scientists. As a quantum guy he is seen as a mystical scientist, a guru with degrees. He will be, and probably already is, well rewarded for his utility.

I think what you stated is highly likely. What to think of the statement he makes in this movie: "These are the terrorists" (with regard to any people resisting a NWO/"type I" civilization on the scale of Kardashev...)

annoyance alert: The video comes with some annoying texts to support the personal views of the guy who posted this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2uGyQG1PrM&feature=player_embedded

truthseekerdan
28th January 2011, 03:44
It looks like Michio Kaku' common sense is content to stay in a Type 0 civilization..?

Kano
28th January 2011, 03:48
Michio Kaku is a total shill! Bump!

modwiz
28th January 2011, 03:58
I just watched the video and think he did a good job of explaining a difficult concept within a limited timeslot. So how does that make him a shill?

He is a very good scientist and excellent at making complex ideas comprehensible.

It is when he uses his sterling scientific credentials and moves into other fields, say geopolitical science, that he becomes a pawn. Given his intelligence, a willing one.

Most science is funded by someone and early on researchers learn to dance for dollars.

Being obscure is another choice.

truthseekerdan
28th January 2011, 04:04
I would give Nassim Haramein (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nassim+haramein&aq=0) a look instead of M. Kaku. JMO

nowisthetime
28th January 2011, 04:40
Yes, I agree. You can feel it when he speaks. It's as though he is a puppet for TPTB.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/41290750#41290750

modwiz
28th January 2011, 08:19
I agree. Shill implies they've all got informed intention. Most of them, including so called bright academics, are better described as Shmuts. There seems to be a huge and growing crowd of failing or compromised celebrities who congregate at the media hiring line to be 5 minute jerks.

Both of your posts on this thread have produced belly laughs in me. It doesn't hurt that your avatar is in front of me whilst reading them.

rgray222
28th January 2011, 11:55
Kaku is most likely driven by the University system he works for, which dictates.....publish or die. Even better get air time and become a star! So if you can publish and get air time your a huge star.

He is working in a corrupt University environment which is horribly slanted towards global warming, cap and trade and blaming man for the enviromental problems. He will not be able to let go of the global warming issues because his masters in the education system demand compliance! Once you realize the system he is working in, he seems like a nice reasonable guy!

slipknotted
8th February 2011, 16:20
to me he is not what he seems he's probaly on nasa books his veiws are in line with the commercial aspects of information that i dont believe, why is he not rocking the boat with his smarts, just a puppet for the cabal we call nasa. imho

sshenry
8th February 2011, 16:35
Kaku has my respect as a scientist in his own field. His original work was groundbreaking (anyone read Hyperspace?). The problem is that in the field of Acadamia you have to, as rgray said, publish or die - and if you have no new findings in your own field, making your work apply to other fields is a logical step.

Unfortunately, once someone has stepped out of the bounds of their own arena, they are fair game to anyone who wants to use their name to expand their own agenda.

Shezbeth
8th February 2011, 19:26

People in the US are easily swayed by a few things. In particular "doctors" - especially asian ones ('cause them thar orientals have all them fancy schools and stuff!). It doesn't matter if the doc is the RIGHT one or even knows wtf he's talking about,.... No disrespect to the guy, that program (the particular news show) is entirely geared toward directing the thoughts of the masses and maintaining the "official story".

I agree that TPTB got to him, likely without his own knowledge. Isn't that how they work primarily?