PDA

View Full Version : 'Fringe': Creation & Destruction and 'The Machine'

daledo
30th January 2011, 06:11
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1545148137?bctid=763414600001
This is a 3 minute summary with the writers and cast talking about the series.

The third season episode 11 got me thinking of Charles and The Machine he had mentioned. Are we all interviewing for a staring role is the movie that is going on right now in our heads. Reality is being scripted today like a blockbuster hit series or movie. I am having a good time for sure... this is way better than any stuff on the T.V. We get to live it!

If you want to watch any of the Fringe episodes go here
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/fringe/

Alliamber
30th January 2011, 06:14
Only TV show I watch now. Not sure what that says about me though?

jackovesk
30th January 2011, 13:18
I watch 'Fringe' too and 'The Event'...

These are the only 2 shows I watch on commercial TV besides Aussie Rules and the Cricket...

I tape them so I don't have to watch the commercials...

Both 'Fringe' and 'The Event' have an uncanny knack of realism when it comes to playing out some Trueisms I have researched...

kerbie
30th January 2011, 13:29
haha me and my girlfriend just resumed watching season 2 of fringe last night. We stopped watching it a year ago when we moved countries and now we've started watching it again we wondered why we stopped. That and the event as others have said are the best shows on tv at the moment. On a less conspiracy related note, the walking dead was amazing too.

As for it fitting with the charles material, i'd be surprised if there was a science fiction series in existence that didn't have one tie to it.

Andrew
30th January 2011, 13:42
Fringe is excellent!! Bishop is a star "Dont you see that mind is God!" with his pants down doing a lecture lmao

luking
31st January 2011, 04:02
Haha, yeah your thread reminded me I subconsciously made the link Fringe <-> Charles last week also. I've been hard on myself at times for liking Fringe so much, considering TV and control and the PTB. But it's such an engaging story. Abrams also does a good job of keeping the technical details close to "reality" as we know it. So that, plus a home run with the new Star Trek movie, and my inner nerd grants true appreciation.

White Rabbit
31st January 2011, 05:00
Fringe is one of my favorite shows and I have not missed one. I fully believe that there are parallel, alternate or whatever you want to call them, realities. No clue how it works but they are there.

There is more to say, but the words will not make it to my fingers to put them here... oh well. Not the right time I guess...

Erin
31st January 2011, 06:21
Fringe is such a well crafted show, from a film student perspective! But of course I do love seeing these topics delved into on a mainstream platform. I actually have a friend who used to write for the show, but he left for another one because the hours on Fringe were so long (they would literally write all night). They really put their heart and soul into making it good over there. :)

giovonni
31st January 2011, 07:11
i love fringe ~ thank goodness for vuse :o

john noble (aka) walter bishop is :clock:

http://zapatopi.net/blog/afdb_fringe_02-07_bishop-1.jpg

Unified Serenity
8th February 2011, 06:19
I just watched latest fringe on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/watch/212915/fringe-concentrate-and-ask-again?c=Science-Fiction#s-p1-so-i0) and with the machine discussion going on with Charles, I found it quite interesting. Peter's frequency will decide which Universe makes it. I believe we have had many tell us of the need to raise our vibrational frequency if we are to make it through the change to the higher dimension or redo this 3d experiment. Great show tonight.

Loki
8th February 2011, 16:46
lol you guys know the writers of those shows have access to the Internet and can gain their concepts from things they read on sites like ATS and others right ???

slipknotted
8th February 2011, 16:53
yep great show the writer's for sure have inside knowledge like the x files and all the stargate series.

Unified Serenity
8th February 2011, 17:01
lol you guys know the writers of those shows have access to the Internet and can gain their concepts from things they read on sites like ATS and others right ???

Yes, of course. I am also a believer that tptb tell us a great deal through movies / media. If we are smart enough to pick up on it great, if not then we are as stupid as they think we are. 777 did an amazing thread on the old avalon sharing this symbolism as well as in your face information on the old avalon forum. So the question does become are we providing the stories for them to sell because they are just to rich or are we discovering truths they realize mankind is ready to be exposed to in regards to their master plan.

Loki
8th February 2011, 17:02
yep great show the writer's for sure have inside knowledge like the x files and all the stargate series.

They don't need inside knowledge, you just need to visit a few very popular websites and cater a TV show to that audience ... many many many TV shows do this ( ie. The Big Bang Theory, Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy theory, ect. ) ... and the way that they write the scripts caters to the audience. If you cater a show to alternative science knowing there is already millions upon millions of people who are interested in the subject, as long as you don't do a super crappy job you know the money will role in and the market research is basically already done.

Not everything is an inside job ... there are very very smart marketers out there who know how to earn dollars.

InCiDeR
8th February 2011, 17:04
I do love this show, and also this forum which has lots of speculations and theories:

http://fringe-forum.com/forums/

What if Charles is one of the writers :wacko:

Loki
8th February 2011, 17:11
I am also a believer that tptb tell us a great deal through movies / media. If we are smart enough to pick up on it great, if not then we are as stupid as they think we are.

no they show us what they have already research we want to see ... do you really think they just make a TV show and say "damn I hope this works" no way in hell ... its all researched and marketed.

So funny when you see people claim this stuff until they realise how much market research actually goes into some of the top main stream shows.

Say your writing a show like the X-files or whatever ... it would be beneficial for you to have 1-2 absolute conspiracy nuts in your writing team to give ideas to talented script writers who then write those stories into a script ... and some times by chance these crazy conspiracy guys were actually talking about some thing that actually happened for real ... then it comes out that X-files have a show that has shown something "real" ... it generates more popularity and earns more money.

And you can apply that to pretty much every show.

Loki
8th February 2011, 17:15
What if Charles is one of the writers :wacko:

Me and my girlfriend love the show also, and i like that idea ... a media outlet would not be below setting this up for some extremely cheap advertising, they do it all the time. Remember people, most of the cost associated with anything these days is marketing, and corporations will do anything and I mean anything to get it done cheaply.

they find out a site like project Camelot has X number of members and an interview would cost almost 0 but reach a huge target audience and be put on you tube for free then it would be taken from you tube and posted on a site like ATS then more and more and more ... and BAM massive free advertising that cost bugger all ... win

Unified Serenity
8th February 2011, 17:17
I am also a believer that tptb tell us a great deal through movies / media. If we are smart enough to pick up on it great, if not then we are as stupid as they think we are.

no they show us what they have already research we want to see ... do you really think they just make a TV show and say "damn I hope this works" no way in hell ... its all researched and marketed.

So funny when you see people claim this stuff until they realise how much market research actually goes into some of the top main stream shows.

Say your writing a show like the X-files or whatever ... it would be beneficial for you to have 1-2 absolute conspiracy nuts in your writing team to give ideas to talented script writers who then write those stories into a script ... and some times by chance these crazy conspiracy guys were actually talking about some thing that actually happened for real ... then it comes out that X-files have a show that has shown something "real" ... it generates more popularity and earns more money.

Your condescension is noted. Did you even read the thread by 777 at the old Avalon forum? My guess is no you have not. They put stuff in movies that has not been talked about publicly on any forum, and is later discovered. Remember the 911 references in movies well before the event? You honestly think they are not trying to steer the people to be afraid of aliens now? Maybe it's just capitalizing on the adrenaline rush people love in horror flicks, but maybe it's designed to make us ready to fight them and thereby walk blindly into their solution to the crisis they created.

Loki
8th February 2011, 17:22

Your condescension is noted. Did you even read the thread by 777 at the old Avalon forum? My guess is no you have not. They put stuff in movies that has not been talked about publicly on any forum, and is later discovered. Remember the 911 references in movies well before the event? You honestly think they are not trying to steer the people to be afraid of aliens now? Maybe it's just capitalizing on the adrenaline rush people love in horror flicks, but maybe it's designed to make us ready to fight them and thereby walk blindly into their solution to the crisis they created.

I don't have to read the thread as it will in no way change my opinion ... i have never ever ever seen anything in any movie or any TV show about something the public has not already known ... if you can show me something undeniable be my guest, my guess is you cannot or you would have already.

You cant claim that something in a TV show is not in the public arena in some capacity just because your slow on the up keep.

I have seen many threads ignorantly claiming these things and i have never seen one stand up to its claims ... never ... i can almost give you a 100% guarantee its just smart marketing and writing by a TV show directed at an audience.

what is it with some people on this site making wild uneducated claims and providing no proof to back up the wild claims ?

I love it how people say "well if you haven't read this thread you don't know" ... let me break it down for you

1. It was a thread written by a random person on the Internet.

2. In the 15+ years I have been into this field I have seen more then just that 1 guys opinion on the subject.

3. He was possibly totally incorrect and ill informed.

4. There is 0 proof.

5. This would be another great marketing ploy to say they produce unknown information and place it in their shows plain and simple.

6. There is no monetary gain to do this legitimately.

7. There is a massive monetary gain to do it illegitimately by claiming that you do it.

8. The fact that TV show writers and producers have access to this type of information is totally ridiculous, they are some of the most loud mouth drunkards around.

But if you can find me a document from a high ranking, high clearance military official saying that a producer has to show a certain item of information in a TV show or movie ... then I will change my opinion.

Loki
8th February 2011, 17:52
I watch 'Fringe' too and 'The Event'...

These are the only 2 shows I watch on commercial TV besides Aussie Rules and the Cricket...

Blasphemy ... sif not watch Supernatural as well :)

Unified Serenity
8th February 2011, 18:04

I don't have to read the thread as it will in no way change my opinion ... i have never ever ever seen anything in any movie or any TV show about something the public has not already known ... if you can show me something undeniable be my guest, my guess is you cannot or you would have already.

You cant claim that something in a TV show is not in the public arena in some capacity just because your slow on the up keep.

I have seen many threads ignorantly claiming these things and i have never seen one stand up to its claims ... never ... i can almost give you a 100% guarantee its just smart marketing and writing by a TV show directed at an audience.

what is it with some people on this site making wild uneducated claims and providing no proof to back up the wild claims ?

I love it how people say "well if you haven't read this thread you don't know" ... let me break it down for you

1. It was a thread written by a random person on the Internet.

2. In the 15+ years I have been into this field I have seen more then just that 1 guys opinion on the subject.

3. He was possibly totally incorrect and ill informed.

4. There is 0 proof.

5. This would be another great marketing ploy to say they produce unknown information and place it in their shows plain and simple.

6. There is no monetary gain to do this legitimately.

7. There is a massive monetary gain to do it illegitimately by claiming that you do it.

8. The fact that TV show writers and producers have access to this type of information is totally ridiculous, they are some of the most loud mouth drunkards around.

But if you can find me a document from a high ranking, high clearance military official saying that a producer has to show a certain item of information in a TV show or movie ... then I will change my opinion.

I wrote a long reply point by point answering you and lost it. Nothing happens without reason. In a nutshell, you know all, and we are stupid. I think this discussion is over. Good day, sir.

Loki
8th February 2011, 18:10
I wrote a long reply point by point answering you and lost it. Nothing happens without reason. In a nutshell, you know all, and we are stupid. I think this discussion is over. Good day, sir.

?? Just re write it surely you couldn't have forgotten something you wrote 10 mins ago ... ???

just show me some proof ... thats all I'm asking ... that would instantly prove me wrong ... thats all you have to do.

Humble Janitor
8th February 2011, 19:07
Fits my theory that the people who control the Charles material are Hollywood scriptwriters.