PDA

View Full Version : Living the Real Simple Life (ABC Nightline)

daledo
30th January 2011, 07:22
The Dervaes Family have created the original modern urban homestead that has yielded an entirely new, revolutionary alternative lifestyle. Make their own fuel and solar power and grow all their own food. If everyone copied this lifestyle we will regain our power back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51JRTjoI1A

Calz
30th January 2011, 07:55
Thanks for the vid ... great intent and good idea ... but

Living in a major city what happens if (when) food runs out? Lotso hungry people roaming the streets.

Most seem to agree (even Charles who discounts 2012) there is likely to be some degree of solar activity that will disrupt life as usual. This is not speculation as changes in the earth's protective sphere are scientifically documented (sorry no links ... not hard to find).

Getting off the grid is excellent and providing your own (healthy) food source even moreso.

Best have a good way of storing such food and not be in a major metropolitan area.

They didn't spend all that money for underground facilities for no reason??

MargueriteBee
30th January 2011, 09:53
Daledo could you provide a link, on this iPad I can't see the embed.

non
30th January 2011, 14:54
I like it, I like it a LOT. There is a wholesomeness to the entire thing; it is more than a way to have good food on the table. Notice the joy they have in relaying what they do, and the intouchness with the community, they are an operating model that used to be the norm - a self-reliant family. Love what you do and do what you love is showcased here, and thanks a lot for bringing this vid to so many who can easily duplicate even a small portion of what these folks are living.

ThePythonicCow
31st January 2011, 05:02

I'm not sure what sort of link you'll need for an iPad. Here's the Youtube link:

Does that work for you?

daledo
31st January 2011, 06:50

Here you go:

meeradas
31st January 2011, 07:36
i absolutely love these folks & their way of living.

Victoria Tintagel
31st January 2011, 09:55
Thanks for this :) Hey Calz Avaretard, investment of money, based on fear = short vision, doesn't pay off, usually. Many times money is an alternative of trust and love. I believe we may trust the ascension process providence. See Tom Kenyon's Hathor message in Spirituality. Be in grace, Victoria Tintagel

goldmother
31st January 2011, 10:17

Living in a major city what happens if (when) food runs out? Lotso hungry people roaming the streets.

Most seem to agree (even Charles who discounts 2012) there is likely to be some degree of solar activity that will disrupt life as usual. This is not speculation as changes in the earth's protective sphere are scientifically documented (sorry no links ... not hard to find).

Getting off the grid is excellent and providing your own (healthy) food source even moreso.

Best have a good way of storing such food and not be in a major metropolitan area.

There is so much emphasis on being in the right place and making sure you have food, water for your loved ones if and when we have a major disaster of some kind. Thats all well and good for those that can, but don't you feel those that did store food and water will only have it taken from them by force, knowing Human nature to be what it is , this may put well prepared people in danger so I guess what Iam saying Is you cant really win whatever you do . Maybe the answer is to put your trust in the Universe and see what happens

Calz
31st January 2011, 10:49
Thank you for comments directed at keeping with the positive vibes of the original post.

Did not mean to take away from the video.

It is true there are many alledged "miracles" based on resonance, vibration or level of consiousness. One such story was from Japan and a few people who survived one of the bomb blasts despite being quite close. They were (alledgedly) in a church praying and survived with no harm. Of course there are many others.

goldmother
31st January 2011, 11:15
Thank you for comments directed at keeping with the positive vibes of the original post.

Did not mean to take away from the video.

It is true there are many alledged "miracles" based on resonance, vibration or level of consiousness. One such story was from Japan and a few people who survived one of the bomb blasts despite being quite close. They were (alledgedly) in a church praying and survived with no harm. Of course there are many others.

Thats good to know then I have no room to start stock piling baked beans and tins of soup although I do have a wind up torch lol

daledo
7th February 2011, 20:45
http://urbanhomestead.org/ If you liked the Dervaes family you might want to look at their web site. Lots of good info on it.

daledo
7th February 2011, 21:03

There is so much emphasis on being in the right place and making sure you have food, water for your loved ones if and when we have a major disaster of some kind. Thats all well and good for those that can, but don't you feel those that did store food and water will only have it taken from them by force, knowing Human nature to be what it is , this may put well prepared people in danger so I guess what Iam saying Is you cant really win whatever you do . Maybe the answer is to put your trust in the Universe and see what happens

In OUR new community that we will form it will have to be a collective and knowledge will be shared freely because no one will make huge profits. If someone wants to eat your food that you grow they will have to help out with the harvest. Work together to build a perfect world with free food for anyone that wants to work. You have to give in order to take.