PDA

View Full Version : Ancient city found on Caribbean sea floor. Is it Atlantis?

Lancelot
7th February 2011, 19:03
This story appeared in todays Herald De Paris.

http://www.heralddeparis.com/previously-undiscovered-ancient-city-found-on-caribbean-sea-floor

Could this be a part of Atlantis?

Lord Sidious
7th February 2011, 19:12
Looks fake to me.
One thing missing in the pics is evidence of sea growths.
I could be wrong, I have been before and will be again.

Lancelot
7th February 2011, 20:55
This looks similar to the underwater anomalies recently found in Peru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXphCO1YDw4&feature=player_embedded#at=117

theguardian
7th February 2011, 21:19
Similar patterns can be found on several lakes, rivers, oceans on google earth, i think its something to do with pixel

pyrangello
8th February 2011, 14:34
I believe edgar casey said Atlantis would reappear in this lifetime, if this isn't it , don't worry it's coming!

Jean-Marie
8th February 2011, 14:39
This is an old Article From December 9, 2009. I remember when it came out then. There has been a couple I remember hitting the media in the last four years. They claim that they find some proof of Atlantis, After the first article you never hear anymore. I am sure that Atlantis exists, but if it is disclosed to everyone then our history completely changes and TPTB don't want us to wake up to that.

Jean-Marie

Muzz
8th February 2011, 14:47
Have a look at Paulina Zelitsky and the Cuba one. I agree with you Lord Sidious it looks a bit fake but who knows.

seko
8th February 2011, 15:05
Hi lancelot, I have seen this story before and is like ten years old...more less. It seems to be real though.

I'm pretty sure there are more like things in more parts of the planet, but very few people can go deep under.

conk
8th February 2011, 16:51
I just called the authorities to ask. No, they said, it's all a hoax. Our world is only 6,000 old and the current thinking still prevails. They also said to stop using logic and in the words of David Byrne, STOP MAKING SENSE!

vibrations
8th February 2011, 17:12
I like it Conk. But I can not go by to ad a bit of what (I think) I know. The Atlantis was entire continent in (logicaly) Atlantic ocean. The earth crust reacomodation starts about 25.000 years ago when first parts of the continent started to sink, and gradualy the process was going on at least until 12.000 years ago (everything approx.). The only physical remains are supposedly three points: Bimini, Azores and Canary Islands.
So it is about time to start to see if all this is true. I belive it is. Apart from this, you can find reports about submarine ruins also beside some Canary Islands, and in Tenerife (one of the biggest islands in Canary archipelag there are at least two step pyramids which I saw and touch with my own hands. There are a lot more info about it.

McKracken
8th February 2011, 21:12
Those "buildings" on the see floor in the images shown on the Herald de Paris website are not more than enlarged JPEG artifacts.
Who is behind the story? Must have been a respected person if the newspaper takes it without check by their chief science editor.

Lancelot
9th February 2011, 11:44
Does seem a bit strange that this story has done the rounds over the last 10 years. There was a similar story about underwater ruins off the coast of Cuba in 2001 which never went anywhere (at least not in the mainstream media). Its also a bit fishy that there is no mention of who the group are who discovered it- this would give some credibility at least to the report. It is difficult to see the benefits of a false flag here though- unless its diversionary...

iceni tribe
11th February 2011, 10:35
here is a post from a navy friend , after he had seen the heralddeparis link

.......new discovery? New to you perhaps, but not new, just hidden

Atlantis or part thereof. The US Navy, and we can therefore safely assume, the Naval powers of the world, are already well aware of the many underwater (sunken cities) ask a submariner....it may cost you a few drinks!

When the US Navy dive team found the pyramid at that location, it was said the lights were still burning inside one of them (an everlasting flame of unknown power source) true? Who knows, I wasn't on the dive...good story though!

math330
11th February 2011, 21:26
The Cuban discovery was mentioned on Coast to Coast am as well (I think!). I'll have to dig out the mp3, a guest said the same - that there was a light still burning in the pyramid and also that a Navy Seal had got drunk and said 'You know, we found Atlantis down there'.

There's some really nice material on undersea cities in this interview with David Hancock too - about 50mins in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNEVvHgOOY

Mr54
12th February 2011, 13:11
The images seem to be too crisp and straight edged to be anything other than some kind of digital artifact of either the imaging process or the process of compression. I imagine that an actual image of Atlantis would be much more aged, corral encrusted and well, broken looking. To me the images look much more like circuit boards which is in itself quite strange.

I find many more valid questions in the work of Graham Hancock and from anyone using underwater imaging techniques. It would be interesting to see when these anomalous Google Earth images started doing the rounds as they could be some sort of dis-info tactic aimed at muddying the waters (sorry for the pun!)

Gustav
21st February 2011, 11:13
I like it Conk. But I can not go by to ad a bit of what (I think) I know. The Atlantis was entire continent in (logicaly) Atlantic ocean. The earth crust reacomodation starts about 25.000 years ago when first parts of the continent started to sink, and gradualy the process was going on at least until 12.000 years ago (everything approx.). The only physical remains are supposedly three points: Bimini, Azores and Canary Islands.
So it is about time to start to see if all this is true. I belive it is. Apart from this, you can find reports about submarine ruins also beside some Canary Islands, and in Tenerife (one of the biggest islands in Canary archipelag there are at least two step pyramids which I saw and touch with my own hands. There are a lot more info about it.

When I was a lot younger than today I saw a documentary about columbus. In that documentary a small portion of time was tributed to the people of these mentioned islands. I don't have the source for this, but maybe you can verify it. It is said that upon the first rediscovery of the islands by europeans the inhabitants claimed to be the decendants of the last survivors on earth, believing that the rest of the people had vanished in a great catastrophy a very long time ago. That would fit in perfectly with the uncovering of numerous sites/cities under sealevel in places all around the world.