PDA

View Full Version : How do they make so much money???

Mayan2012
8th February 2011, 03:11
I am asking this because I am very confused.

I am sure you are all very familiar with FaceBook.

If am not mistaken we all use FaceBook the same way.

We open a free account then log on a dozen times a day to check on new messages for free.

I have never been asked to pay anything nor have any of my friends or family.

So...... How on earth is FaceBook worth 50 billion dollars, that's $50,000,000,000????

Where does aaaallll that money come from?? Why is it worth so much???

unplugged
8th February 2011, 03:14
From all the advertisers who buy those little ads that appear along the side of your FB page. They market the details of every single member to marketers who can target FB's users via very sophisticated demographic targeting -- age, race, income, level of education, hobbies, interests, etc.

They make an obscene fortune from advertisers each and every minute of each and every day.

Mayan2012
8th February 2011, 04:29
From all the advertisers who buy those little ads that appear along the side of your FB page. They market the details of every single member to marketers who can target FB's users via very sophisticated demographic targeting -- age, race, income, level of education, hobbies, interests, etc.

They make an obscene fortune from advertisers each and every minute of each and every day.

Thanks for your answer but I find it hard to believe that it is so profitable. $50,000,000,000 is a lot of money. Hmmm

Neal
8th February 2011, 05:14
Yes, Facebook most likely makes money on advertising, however, I even doubt they are worth the previous valuation of about $12 billion. The current private stock shareholders are trying to sell it to other people in order to push the value higher. This will probably cause a bubble to burst if Facebook ever has an IPO. The banksters responsible for selling the stock and getting more people into the "scam" is Goldman Sachs. That's the very reason people should avoid this like the plague.

Facebook is in no way ever really worth $50 billion.

It's called overvaluation.

Whitehaze
8th February 2011, 05:20
Not only do they make money from adverts, they make money from those stupid little games that people play. they let you get so far and then make it so you can either wait a day to play again or you can pay to play full time. Farmville, Wheel of Fortune, Braaaains, etc etc. And the vegatables will pay to play.

SHAPE
8th February 2011, 07:13
I don't have a facebook account. So not sure on what disclaimers you sign or not. But my understanding is that the actual database (members) is what is woth the $$$$$ this of course in on top of the advertising and rights of the actual url of FACEBOOK value. Having said that the $50 billion dollar tag, does incoprate some speculative value too. Very sure thery are very profitable business, however, have not ever looked at their financials to verify their profitabilaty.

unplugged
8th February 2011, 17:57
Now, let's all remember it's "funny money" to begin with. That said, IF Facebook has 400,000,000 million users worldwide, and each member is estimated to be worth 10 cents per day in revenue to Facebook (trust me -- it's MUCH more), then you have a valuation of $40 million per DAY!

(BTW, thanks, Whitehaze, for mentioning the games. That is certainly a big money-maker as well.)

Now, if we put a more realistic price-tag of every member being worth 25c per day to Facebook, we're looking at $100 million per day.

If anything, the value is being underestimated so as limit excessive IRS looting -- the IRS being the only racket run by the PT-(Whatever) that exceeds even the Federal Reserve in its ubiquitous, obnoxious illegal presence.

Calz
8th February 2011, 18:14

We open a free account then log on a dozen times a day to check on new messages for free.

So...... How on earth is FaceBook worth 50 billion dollars, that's $50,000,000,000????

Are you kidding me my awake and aware brother/sister??? :jaw:

Facebook is the ultimate in intel gathering tool.

Where would you guess the money comes from???? :wof: :wof: :wof:

Caterpillars Lens
8th February 2011, 18:20

Are you kidding me my awake and aware brother/sister??? :jaw:

Facebook is the ultimate in intel gathering tool.

Where would you guess the money comes from???? :wof: :wof: :wof:

Right on the spot - the informations all facebook users are putting there voluntary is PRICELESS ;)

Necromancer
8th February 2011, 18:47
Now, let's all remember it's "funny money" to begin with. That said, IF Facebook has 400,000,000 million users worldwide, and each member is estimated to be worth 10 cents per day in revenue to Facebook (trust me -- it's MUCH more), then you have a valuation of $40 million per DAY!

(BTW, thanks, Whitehaze, for mentioning the games. That is certainly a big money-maker as well.)

Now, if we put a more realistic price-tag of every member being worth 25c per day to Facebook, we're looking at $100 million per day.

If anything, the value is being underestimated so as limit excessive IRS looting -- the IRS being the only racket run by the PT-(Whatever) that exceeds even the Federal Reserve in its ubiquitous, obnoxious illegal presence.

Having used Facebook to advertise my business, I can tell you that $.10 is too low. I would estimate, at minimum, $1 per day per member. But, even at only $.10 per member per day, yearly ad revenue alone would be $14.6 billion!

JDM
8th February 2011, 19:01
I dont have a FB account. Or many online accounts period.
They wont get all my info! and by they I mean datamining operations and companies (NSA) that use it to know everything about an individual

Almost everyone I know does have one though. Allways posting on their "tweety books" and "Facey places"

I know they get money when an ad is diplayed and even more when someone clicks on them. I cant believe people actually click those things.
Like the one where the women or guy makes $1000 a day in (whatever town your IP address is located).

Caterpillars Lens
8th February 2011, 19:08
It is all about control -the best way to control large population is to indulge their ego. There is wonderful BBC documentary called The_Century_of_the_Self (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Century_of_the_Self)
:)
It explains a lot