PDA

View Full Version : Would you join a militia?

chrstian_indianapolis
10th February 2011, 19:40
I’m listening to Alex Jones (good source for alternative media) but he can get a little cookie sometimes. He has a guest, Stewart Rhodes, leader (I think) of the Oath Keepers. My question is, would you join or are you part of a local militia? Do you see this as a bad idea or a good way to stop the NWO? Will the American people stand up like the Egyptians?

we are strength in numbers :boxing:

Inelia
10th February 2011, 20:08
Well, it is my understanding that the Egyptians are not a militia, but ordinary folk who organised themselves using the internet and other sources of social networking. To answer your question, no, I would never join a militia. But I do respect what the Oath Keepers are trying to achieve.

pilotsimone
10th February 2011, 20:11
deleted post

sshenry
10th February 2011, 20:22
There is a very old saying that says "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword." The law of the universe in action - what you give out; love or fear, healing orpain, comes back to you. With interest.

Is there a time to defend yourself or someone in your care against physical harm? Of course, I'd defend my daughters in a heartbeat. But we can't create a new society and base it's beginnings in war and bloodshed, no mater how idealistic the values and intentions are. A society that is created using the techniques of those it overthrows is no better than those they overthrow. Simply the old regieme with a new name and new faces.

chrstian_indianapolis
10th February 2011, 20:40
There is a very old saying that says "he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword." The law of the universe in action - what you give out; love or fear, healing orpain, comes back to you. With interest.

Is there a time to defend yourself or someone in your care against physical harm? Of course, I'd defend my daughters in a heartbeat. But we can't create a new society and base it's beginnings in war and bloodshed, no mater how idealistic the values and intentions are. A society that is created using the techniques of those it overthrows is no better than those they overthrow. Simply the old regieme with a new name and new faces.

wise words my friend

¤=[Post Update]=¤

cool. for some reason you look familiar........

Shairia
10th February 2011, 21:15
Nope. Not in my nature, now ask me if I would join an underground movement and you might get another answer.:nod:

58andfixed
11th February 2011, 01:56
No.

It wouldn't fit in with concepts and experiences that are more important to me.

I would look to be involved sooner, before weapons are required, and look for points of commonality and not for lines of division .

pilotsimone
11th February 2011, 02:02
[deleted post

Lost Soul
11th February 2011, 02:06
Not a militia in the sense of a group training to overthrow the government or engage in insurrection, but a neighbor protection group which serves to assist each other in an event of a natural disaster or to prevent looting in the aftermath of one. Also, to deter the approach of rioters.

sshenry
11th February 2011, 02:38
cool. for some reason you look familiar........

LOL -it's possible, I get around the internet :)

Or maybe it's from somewhere else :)

Dennis Leahy
11th February 2011, 02:55
... My question is, would you join or are you part of a local militia?...
Nope.

Maybe in another lifetime in the past, but now I realize that violence is not a solution for violence. I will defend myself and my family, but the term "militia" implies (at least it seems to imply), violent action, a willingness to take offensive action, and leaving your home rather than defending your family at home.

Dennis

Shairia
11th February 2011, 02:59
Nope. Not in my nature, now ask me if I would join an underground movement and you might get another answer.:nod:

Now this sounds FUN (and adventurous!) :grouphug:

Alright, we have two members any more?

torchwood
11th February 2011, 03:25
Not for me either. Sorry.

BowMan
11th February 2011, 03:35
I would join a militia if they went into battle playing guitars, banjo's and ukeles instead of rifles guns and bombs.
So until that happens, I'm out too...

damian
11th February 2011, 05:43
There is no such thing as a justifiable war.

"In short, let us pull back from being a military superpower, and become a humanitarian superpower.

Let us be a more modest nation. We will then be more secure. The modest nations of the world don't face the threat of terrorism.

Such a fundamental change in foreign policy is hardly to be expected. It would threaten too many interests: the power of political leaders, the ambitions of the military, the corporations that profit from the nation's enormous military commitments.

Change will come, as at other times in our history, only when American citizens-- becoming better informed, having second thoughts after the first instinctive support for official policy--demand it. That change in citizen opinion, especially if it coincides with a pragmatic decision by the government that its violence isn't working, could bring about a retreat from the military solution.

It might also be a first step in the rethinking of our nation's role in the world. Such a rethinking contains the promise, for Americans, of genuine security, and for people elsewhere, the beginning of hope". Howard Zinn 2001

chantelle
11th February 2011, 05:51

Now this sounds FUN (and adventurous!) :grouphug:

Alright, we have two members any more?

Count me in!! :wave:

conk
11th February 2011, 16:28
Not a militia in the sense of a group training to overthrow the government or engage in insurrection, but a neighbor protection group which serves to assist each other in an event of a natural disaster or to prevent looting in the aftermath of one. Also, to deter the approach of rioters.

This is what a lot of folks did in Argentina. Protect your neighborhood! That's why I'm glad there is only one entrance into my neighborhood. In times of stress, rioting, etc. we could set up a barrier and control access.

Bosswagon
11th February 2011, 16:38
I am in a local militia with my animal companion, H.P. Lovecat. We are often assaulted by my roommates dog, Harvey. i have to guard the cat food and i have often had to chase Harvey away from the cat.

i suspect Harvey is just a patsy in a larger game.

gwangsun
11th February 2011, 16:45
In my opinion, I see a civil war happening in the US before there is any uprising against a NWO. Reason being that there is still, unfortunately, a lot of inequality. People will begin to blame each other before banding together to blame the government. Again my opinion. \\//

Peace of Mind
11th February 2011, 17:37
Yes.

If the militia is all about taking care of our family, land, and rights. This is already in the process. In fact, there are U.S. military personal considering it, after all...they did take an oath to protect the country from threats foreign and domestic...

Peace

Kindling
11th February 2011, 17:52
No way! I think I would consider joining Bosswagon's militia, tho :-).

SPIRIT WOLF
11th February 2011, 18:03
If it meant resistance against tyranny, elite take over, taking away of freedoms then YES most certainly

Bosswagon
11th February 2011, 18:15
No way! I think I would consider joining Bosswagon's militia, tho :-).

Texans for Animal Justice

Project_Buggy_Beach
11th February 2011, 18:39
The original US militia had 60 seconds from the time a bell was sounded or a bugle played to assemble in the courtyard of the town, if it was a grassroots movement like this to protect your local neighborhood then yes, it seems its everyone's responsibility to not live in a dreamworld. The best defense is always connecting to your higher power but once those systems have been broken down and your left with a tyrannical real-time situation, then unless you have developed to the point of moving mountains with your faith the size of a mustard seed, it would seem prudent to have developed a few relationships within the community you live in, instead of continuing to parrot prosaic comments of higher spiritual development, when honest evaluation of said abilities may prove inadequate when faced with physical threats to your family or property.

off_the grid
11th February 2011, 18:48
Sometimes we have to step up and fight for what is right.....

It isn't everyone's path but a the path of the warrior is a noble one.

Most of us have both qualities inside of us.....peace and violence, but in the case of violence it must be tempered with critical thinking, and not based on emotion.

chrstian_indianapolis
11th February 2011, 19:20
I see it this way.

Before there’s a rainbow, there’s a storm. People say “Yes, I would protect my family in a heartbeat”, well I’m sure your neighbor wouldn’t mind fighting by your side to protect your family. Now if you listen to the podcast for yesterdays Alex Jones show, the idea of the Oath Keepers is not to fight and kill. But to PROTECT the people and the constitution. Wouldn’t protecting the people fall under family? So they would protect your family. I myself am a spiritual person. I don’t condemn violence what so ever, but if I see govt turning into a dictatorship either I can do nothing or wait till the train hits me, THEN do something. On the interview Steward talks about finding ways that when (and it will) the economy collapses, then the people wouldn’t be in panic mode and start killing each other to feed their baby’s. A back up plan, if you will.

When people hear militia, they think (Army, Guns, Violence, War) but that’s because we’ve been thought these things. We don’t think (neighbors, good police officers, husbands and wives). It’s the propaganda we’ve been feed. The post I’ve read are about how a militia is out to fight (maybe I’ve read them wrong). But after reading these views, NOW WOULD YOU JOIN A MILITIA?

If not explain why. I would write more, but I have work to do :/

vibrations
11th February 2011, 19:27
No militia, no army, no political party not anything related with institutions of any kind. But I love Avalon. Maybe because it's an expression of freddom?

chrstian_indianapolis
11th February 2011, 19:31
eres de espana vibrations?

jozam
11th February 2011, 19:34
yep if i had to defend my locality against an invader........ My husband is Tunisian and he was there during the Jasmine Revolution ( i threw that in because someone mentioned Tunisia in their answer)

moais
11th February 2011, 19:51
interesting the idea of a militia, although I am already in a group

called avalon, where I can freely discuss and debate over interesting subjects, like everything,,,,

altough forming a more organized group seems interesting, it is totally impossible for me to join it

chrstian_indianapolis
11th February 2011, 19:56
interesting the idea of a militia, although I am already in a group

called avalon, where I can freely discuss and debate over interesting subjects, like everything,,,,

altough forming a more organized group seems interesting, it is totally impossible for me to join it

Moais

Having to post your view is different then doing something (getting involve with a community). I too am a member of this wonderful Avalon community. But being a member is nothing in life, unless you do something. I can be a member of the Ronald McDonald house, but that nothing unless i actually volunteer.

moais
11th February 2011, 20:24
getting involved with a community.

would be very interesing, it has been a long time since I joined a group and did something good