PDA

View Full Version : What happens within upon love and acceptance

Unified Serenity
11th February 2011, 12:19
I will give you a short bit of information about me. I had a terrible accident back in 2000. I got into a car wreck and had a compound pylon (sp) fracture of my lower right leg about 2 inches above my ankle. There is a very funny story here about what I did in the hospital, but I won't go into that now. I was rushed into surgery, they put steel posts in my leg and externally fixated it. I was in the hospital a week, then went home and had another surgery when I got back to my town immediately as my doctor (one of the best ortho's in the country) redid the surgery so I would recover better and have up and down movement of my foot.

I was in a wheel chair for 4 months, had two more surgeries, and was on crutches for a year. I lost something precious to me in this. I lost my ability to run. Even now, it brings tears to my eyes and though I thought I had completely dealt with that loss, I obviously haven't. I was a top athlete and could have played at Wimbledon. I've always been into sports and extremely active. So, the doctor told me I now have the ankle of a 90 year old with bad arthritis. I lived with pain daily on an immense level. I still have days that I have to call my partner to meet me outside with crutches because I literally cannot walk inside when I drive home.

So, in 2010 I decided to stop fighting the pain. I loved my injury. I loved my weakness. I sent love to my leg, and to the event that caused it and what it has taught me. I know for those of you this is all elementary. Sometimes we get so caught up in our forest we don't back up and walk the talk. I know and have helped other people with physical injury. I taught meditation for years. But, this daily agony (and yes I do mean agony) had me closed.

I loved my pain. I loved my injury. I loved that which was hurting me, and do you know what? (I am crying as I write this) my leg quit hurting me one day later. (Takes a deep breath) Now, I am not pain free. I still have days at work where I surprise my co-workers who do not know of my problem and I use a cane because I am in too much pain. Each time I am in pain now, I stop and send love to my pain, injury, leg and STOP! I stop fighting. I AM. Then I am free.

ps. less anyone think I was at that moment a current top athlete, I was not. I meant in my past in high school and University. But, once an athlete always an athlete. ;)

write4change
11th February 2011, 12:27
Yes, I have known a lot of cures or remissions--I am one of them--when you embrace the now of yourself--which allows a deeper experience of the self. It is difficult in this society to find the god within because we equate commitment to the inner self as equating to selfishness. It takes time and reflection with an open mind to truly understand that you cannot give what you do not have. Cheney is a mean SOB because that is what he gives to himself first and from that pain dishes it to everyone else next.

Beren
11th February 2011, 12:27
When someone or something hurts , it shows you that they or it needs Love.
SO Love , love and see what happens!
:happy:

conk
11th February 2011, 16:16
Sounds corny, but what we resist, persists.

I was taught to send waves of gratitude to everything in my life, even the bad stuff. I sit and write down my thanks for good things in my life, and on a separate page I write down thanks for the other stuff.

Many processes teach that we are responsible for everything in our life, everything. So, when something bad happens, say thanks for it. "Thank you for this experience. I'm sorry I created it, will you please forgive me. I love you". From a Hiwaiian practice called Ho'oponopono.