PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious road of Greece (Pendeli)

the_flyingboy
12th February 2011, 00:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY840IN1WL0

This road has been puzzling everyone for a very long time!!!

Etherios
12th February 2011, 00:52
i just love my country lol ... even the laws of nature are ... not playing fair lolol

Lifebringer
12th February 2011, 01:01
First time i've heard of it.

Is it magnetic force drawing the car's steel to it?

Lord Sidious
12th February 2011, 01:54
There is a road going up a hill in the foothills of the Stirling Ranges outside Perth, Western Australia like this.
I was taken there in the late 80s, but can't find it anymore.
It is roughly the same as this, even the speed.
I left the car in neutral with the engine off and I could jog alongside it.

the_flyingboy
12th February 2011, 02:19
i found a video of that to of some greek aussie boys playing around there with their cars and balls even a water bottle.

Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku
12th February 2011, 02:39
We also have this in Canada. I believe it is called "Magnetic Hill". :-)

witchy1
12th February 2011, 02:45
I wonder if the cars are connected in some way to the 'not so secret' underground lines - they run on magnetic energy. Just a thought

the_flyingboy
12th February 2011, 02:56
its not just cars its water as well!

tonymo
12th February 2011, 03:01
i heard of one by my town, burlington ontario - on the hamilton escarpment....

str8thinker
15th February 2011, 12:13
Methinks this thread should be merged with http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?13989

Lancelot
15th February 2011, 12:18
Thanks for this post. I'd heard about this urban legend years ago and always wondered what caused it.
Maybe the orientation of the road in relation to North and the earths spin?

gigawatt
15th February 2011, 12:21
We also have this in Canada. I believe it is called "Magnetic Hill". :-)

Yup! I tried it first hand and it's awesome.

Lancelot
15th February 2011, 12:21
On the other hand, maybe its an optical illusion. Have you checked the roads slope with a spirit level?

Midnight Rambler
15th February 2011, 12:22
I have heard of this happening in Jerusalem also. A taxi driver told me the story of how a truck was rolling up the hill with no one sitting in it. He sad a lot of strange stuff goes on there.

=[Post Update]=

On the other hand, maybe its an optical illusion. Have you checked the roads slope with a spirit level?

Yes or take a look who is pushing the car uphill. :p

Lancelot
15th February 2011, 12:22
If the spirit level agrees with you then check with a compasss for any magnetic anomalies. Let us know how you get on :)

Sumo Sun
15th February 2011, 12:40
I was journeying the dessert of San Pedro De Atacambra in Chile, somewhere in the 90. There we witnessed the same Illusion or magnetism, when the bus we drove in, without the engine on, drove uphill.

Shairia
15th February 2011, 13:19
It would be very interesting to plot these locations on a globe to see if there is any pattern to places with these anomalies. Does anyone here have the software?

PathWalker
15th February 2011, 13:28
There is a road going up a hill in the foothills of the Stirling Ranges outside Perth, Western Australia like this.
I was taken there in the late 80s, but can't find it anymore.
It is roughly the same as this, even the speed.
I left the car in neutral with the engine off and I could jog alongside it.

I wonder Lord Sidious going so far to Australia.
We have such a hill on the outskirts of Jerusalem. Kind of anti-gravity hill.
Watch the video here:
nVXC6Fk2JO8

I was there in a school bus of kids in the 80ies (before the uprising). Rolling the bus uphill. The road in the video is twice as wider then it was.
Now you know something personal about me.

king anthony
15th February 2011, 13:55
i heard of one by my town, burlington ontario - on the hamilton escarpment....

Where on the escarpment? It would be interesting to see.

conk
15th February 2011, 14:44
There is a road like this in Northern Alabama. I've been on it many times. Quite a strange experience. Does not seem to be an illusion or optical in nature.

tonymo
15th February 2011, 21:43
I have tried it and wasn't sure if it worked..... It was also ten plus years ago:) Nevertheless, see below:

"The City of Burlington has the distinction of having one of only a few naturally occurring magnetic hills in Canada. The Magnetic Hill is in North Burlington along a rural section of King Road which runs from Burlington Bay to the top of the Niagara Escarpment. The Magnetic Hill is just 4 kms from downtown Burlington. "

str8thinker
16th February 2011, 00:34
In the Jerusalem video the subtitles say "People still don't know if it's uphill or downhill". This sounds suspiciously like another optical illusion, even if "scientists" have tested it.

Water is not naturally magnetic, otherwise it would cling to the side of a bottle to which you apply a magnet. So I doubt that lines of magnetic force play any part here. If car compasses started going crazy on that road, then I'd consider magnetic lines of force.

I don't think the Earth's rotation plays a part here either. That generates Coriolis forces, which influence the direction of rotation of large masses of air and water such as cyclones. At places such as the equator where water is "demonstrated" to spin in opposite directions depending which side of the equator line you happen to be standing, this is nothing more than a tourist trick.

There may indeed be another explanation, but the current ones don't hold much water, if you'll excuse the pun.

slipknotted
16th February 2011, 01:59
it might just be q trick of the eye's we have that same thing here in the U.S. and the elavation is playing a trick to make look like an up hill when it's not .