PDA

View Full Version : The Ego and its Consequences

Icecold
13th February 2011, 03:44
Originally Posted by aikya
Hello Enlightened,

With respect, I do not know you, please kindly explain to me why I would want to discuss my future with you.

There is no need to wait for Bill's reply, your explanation can be given in the meantime. I would ask that any claims you make be backed up by solid evidence.

You say 'choose wsely because this your fate'.

Please explain what choice you are referring to, this is very unclear.

According to my beliefs, my fate is in my own hands, in fact I rather resent the implication that you claim it is in yours.

and forgive me if this appears rude, but your words

are unsubstantiated and seem very much to have as their purpose to instill fear.

Just remember that I am the one that you will need to convince of your desire for a future that includes you in it.
Lol, you make such extravagent, ridiculous claims without even telling me who you are? My future is not yours, it is mine.

There is nothing to convince you of.

Why are you fearmongering like this? What would be your purpose?

I was told earlier today that your friend, Atticus, is angry at the criticisms being made of him.

Frankly I would have thought that a hit man of his alleged ilk would have a thicker skin and much, much more sang froid.

He has allegedly done many bad and dangerous things. Why would a few pointed questions bother him?

Please inform Atticus that his anger belongs to him, not anyone else. I'm surprised he hasn't yet grasped this simple, basic spiritual truth.

In fact, he seems to have an anger problem. We've seen a couple of outbursts from him, and he's made a couple of unwarranted threats.

Perhaps you could find someone to assist him in starting to understand the first basic step on the spiritual path, which is learning to take responsibility for ourselves.

Or even help him find some anger management.

As I'm sure you are aware, someone who can't control their anger is a liability in any serious undertaking.

You see, I someone who is committed to transparency and openess, and nurturing that which is good in the the world.

I mistrust secrecy, innuendo, obscurantism and fearmongering.

So please take this as my official notice that I do not consent to participating in any way in your agenda, or that of any of your anonymous team.

You have failed my test.
If i would be Enlightened,
i would NEVER respond to that kind of post...

It seems the untasty flavour of the "Bigger Snapshot " thread is seeping into this thread...

i am out.

Temper...temper. ;)

Well Bashi,

I guess the idea of SPF is a bit of a soft spot.

What no thanks for saving you from the forces of darkness???:bump2:

and .....:bump:

Yes....yes...but this is hilarious don't you think?

It even gives everybody some background into your motivation for the SPF thread. :juggle:

bashi
13th February 2011, 03:50
-----------------------

Tuza
13th February 2011, 03:56
Can someone please direct me to a thread so I can work out what bashi is going on about.?

bashi
13th February 2011, 03:58
Can someone please direct me to a thread so I can work out what bashi is going on about.?

that thread has been pulled 5 minutes ago...

Icecold
13th February 2011, 03:59
Tuza,

His thread has disappeared into the Twilight Zone...where it belongs.

He can play here in the playpen.....;)

Tuza
13th February 2011, 04:00
Oooh, okay.

bashi
13th February 2011, 04:02
its not funny any more here...

jorr lundstrom
13th February 2011, 04:03

Beats me. LOL

Icecold
13th February 2011, 04:03
its not funny any more here...

No its not......it is bloody hilarious.

You really ought to know better.

Bashi, I am an expert at this stuff.

Let it go.

bashi
13th February 2011, 04:05
One more "activity" behind Bill's back. And straight into the recruitment... Inelia, do you think Bill is losing it?

Most certainly not his temper... yet, I don't think.
Not sure if that would be a bad thing though. Although people got very angry with him when he did loose his temper on the forum if I remember correctly.
As to the his grip ... mind... not sure what else a man could loose. I'm sure we can slap some sense into him if he does.

Yes, Yes. The EGO, isn't it?

So Inelia is sure she can slap some sense into Bill Ryan?

Icecold
13th February 2011, 04:08
Get it off your chest. This thread is here for you to vent.

Let's hear it. What's your beef. Take your time.

bashi
13th February 2011, 04:09
I just asked a suitable question on this EGO thread.

You didn't answer. Will you now?

Icecold
13th February 2011, 04:14
Sure.

Q1. Yes it is.

Q2. I think she was using a metaphor.

Its rude to turn your back on people when they are responding to a query.

jorr lundstrom
13th February 2011, 04:23
LOL and LMAO

Icecold
13th February 2011, 04:25
Ok folks, I guess he has some time out for reflection.

Inelia:

You should PM Bill. Public remarks such as you have put up there are not appropriate.
I know sometimes we can lose it a little.

It seems to be a day for it today.

Others have had similar problems.

Watch the energies.

We can all be victims.

Enlightened has some spite in her and I felt it this morning AEST.

So just be aware that subtle energies are around and that they can effect you.

Inelia
13th February 2011, 06:13
One more "activity" behind Bill's back. And straight into the recruitment... Inelia, do you think Bill is losing it?

Not sure if that would be a bad thing though. Although people got very angry with him when he did loose his temper on the forum if I remember correctly.
As to the his grip ... mind... not sure what else a man could loose. I'm sure we can slap some sense into him if he does.

LOL it was a joke/metaphor mate... WE the forum members will let him know if he starts loosing it.
NO hard feelings Bashi.
:tea:

Inelia
13th February 2011, 06:36
Ok folks, I guess he has some time out for reflection.

Inelia:

You should PM Bill. Public remarks such as you have put up there are not appropriate.
I know sometimes we can lose it a little.

It seems to be a day for it today.

Others have had similar problems.

Watch the energies.

We can all be victims.

Enlightened has some spite in her and I felt it this morning AEST.

So just be aware that subtle energies are around and that they can effect you.

Read my response above. Hey, you actually did get the post as it was intended in the first place. I guess I better start using "j/k" or explaining regular jokes so that people don't get the wrong idea. Will try doing that from now on ;)

aikya
13th February 2011, 12:30

lightblue
13th February 2011, 12:42
what's LMAO short for? anyone?

what was the thread that was "pulled" ? :blink:

moais
13th February 2011, 13:05
laughing my ass off

greybeard
13th February 2011, 13:13
What happened to bashi
Was he pushed or did he go?
Chris

SHAPE
13th February 2011, 15:08
----

[Mod hat on]

Post deleted. Bashi is unsubscribed for seven days.

Not sure here but you can make any assumptions ....

Peace & love.

lightblue
13th February 2011, 15:11
chris:
Re: The Ego and its Consequences

What happened to bashi
Was he pushed or did he go?
Chris

i see no graciousness behind the OP of this thread...

think he was reprimanded for seven days but the chances are he won't come back, in which case avalon is at loss..

icecold, you started this thread with some quotes, giving no introduction and no reason (the way you see it) as to why give these 2 quotes a satus of a thread...i would like to know why, or else i find it irresistible to conclude your intention was to pick on one perticular member, i.e. bashi
...thank you :yu: l

joedjemal
13th February 2011, 17:21
That's a shame about Bashi (I have no idea why he was slapped on the wrist, I guess he lost his temper and said something unwise) I really enjoyed it when he was playing devils advocate the other week. Hope he comes back.

bashi
15th February 2011, 11:19

LOL it was a joke/metaphor mate... WE the forum members will let him know if he starts loosing it.
NO hard feelings Bashi.
:tea:

LOL, something has happened during my absence.
The lady which is “allergic to seriousness” has edited her post and posthumously labelled it to be a “joke”. :doh::doh::doh:

Well, let`s not get fooled here and call it what it is:

A SLICK MANOEVER TO DUDGE THE UPCOMING HEAT.

For doing that in my absence, I give a penalty point.

The game has started and it's score is

bashi : icecold/inelia
1 : 0

ASIA
15th February 2011, 12:04
Myth lets you know where you are across the ages of life--at 40 or at 80...

This video is a brief excerpt from interviews filmed with Joseph Campbell shortly before his death in 1987, previously unreleased by the Joseph Campbell Foundation http://www.jcf.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgOUxICCHoA&feature=related