PDA

View Full Version : Happy Earth Day to you and all



mike1414
22nd April 2010, 12:34
http://jamaicandawta.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/earthday.jpg

Forty years after the first Earth Day, the world is in greater peril than ever. While climate change is the greatest challenge of our time, it also presents the greatest opportunity an unprecedented opportunity to build a healthy, prosperous, clean energy economy now and for the future.

Earth Day 2010 can be a turning point to advance climate policy, energy efficiency, renewable energy and green jobs. Earth Day Network is galvanizing millions who make personal commitments to sustainability. Earth Day 2010 is a pivotal opportunity for individuals, corporations and governments to join together and create a global green economy. Join the more than one billion people in 190 countries that are taking action for Earth Day.

http://www.earthday.org/earthday2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day

much love and peace to you always
mike


A human being is part of the whole,
called by us "Universe,"
a part limited in time and space.
He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings
as something separated from the rest
- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us,
restricting us to our personal desires and
to affection for a few persons nearest to us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison
by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures
and the whole of nature in its beauty.
~ Albert Einstein

Jacqui D
22nd April 2010, 13:11
Celebration of earth day.
Thank you Mike, something we all need to think about in these days of greed and selfishness.


http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/jenial/Earth%20Pictures/earthlikePlanet-590.jpg

rosie
22nd April 2010, 13:14
http://i39.tinypic.com/vyl307.jpg

Hi Mike, love the Albert Einstein quote!

HORIZONS
22nd April 2010, 13:32
http://jamaicandawta.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/earthday.jpg

Forty years after the first Earth Day, the world is in greater peril than ever. While climate change is the greatest challenge of our time, it also presents the greatest opportunity an unprecedented opportunity to build a healthy, prosperous, clean energy economy now and for the future.

Earth Day 2010 can be a turning point to advance climate policy, energy efficiency, renewable energy and green jobs. Earth Day Network is galvanizing millions who make personal commitments to sustainability. Earth Day 2010 is a pivotal opportunity for individuals, corporations and governments to join together and create a global green economy. Join the more than one billion people in 190 countries that are taking action for Earth Day.

http://www.earthday.org/earthday2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day

much love and peace to you always
mike


A human being is part of the whole,
called by us "Universe,"
a part limited in time and space.
He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings
as something separated from the rest
- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us,
restricting us to our personal desires and
to affection for a few persons nearest to us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison
by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures
and the whole of nature in its beauty.
~ Albert Einstein

That Einstein quote is genius - he knew even more than he is given credit for. Earth Day 2010 - lets focus our intent for the betterment of our planet and its inhabitants.

conk
22nd April 2010, 14:02
Einstein also said that 95% of the people sit around waiting for the other 5% to tell them what to do. So many sheep. The 5% are mostly made up of extremely powerful people who only have their own interests at heart. The 95% are just cattle providing meat.

God Bless you Mother E. Happy Day!

kriya
22nd April 2010, 16:21
Happy Earth Day

http://www.gaiahumanityproject.org/images/peace_on_earth_hands.jpg