PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the shuffle - General Discussion has surged past Charles forum

Calz
15th February 2011, 19:09
silly for a thread ... or is it???

I have not seen that since becoming a member.

Whitehaze
15th February 2011, 19:42
Perhaps when we focus on one thing only, we get lost in the shuffle.

greybeard
15th February 2011, 20:10

Hi Calz

That is where a lot of old timers feel hurt,
Avalon has literally been their home since for ever and all of a sudden your post becomes trivialized by 90 Charles threads.
Two minutes front page and gone lost for ever because no one even knows it was posted.
My one thread "Enlightenment: Ego what is it?" has stood the test of time because it has a sticky which keeps it up front in spiritual section.
Not that many new comers have made it to the spiritual section, as far as I can see.
New threads have been posted without checking to see if there is already one covering the subject that they could contribute to.

Now I fully accept the new comers, its part of growth and life, I do not appreciate in fighting, lack of respect, flaming etc, why should I?

It is also up to the newcomers to appreciate this forum, which has years of experience on many diverse subjects.

Many to their credit have, but there are a few that I would not want to have in my home in real life, thankfully this forum is big enough to avoid them.

Bill and mods have bent over backwards to accommodate the new.
The pre Charles Avalon would not have tolerated so much.

I wonder how long this thread will remain posted on?
It is making a very valid point.

Thanks Calz

Calz
15th February 2011, 20:22

Hi Calz

Avalon has literally been their home since for ever and all of a sudden your post becomes trivialized by 90 Charles threads.
Two minutes front page and gone lost for ever because no one even knows it was posted.
My one thread "Enlightenment: Ego what is it?" has stood the test of time because it has a sticky which keeps it up front in spiritual section.
Not that many new comers have made it to the spiritual section, as far as I can see.
New threads have been posted without checking to see if there is already one covering the subject that they could contribute to.

Now I fully accept the new comers, its part of growth and life, I do not appreciate in fighting, lack of respect, flaming etc, why should I?

It is also up to the newcomers to appreciate this forum, which has years of experience on many diverse subjects.

Many to their credit have, but there are a few that I would not want to have in my home in real life, thankfully this forum is big enough to avoid them.

Thanks Calz

FWIW - none of your posts have ever been trivialized.

Perhaps, as in my case, we are waiting for a resolution or direction so that ***IF*** this Charles material takes a meaningful and positive direction, we can withdraw our attention.

I am hoping for "the next step" to occur so that all of us can participate at will yet focus on what has been here all along.

As you have mentioned, bottom line is support for Bill and Avalon.

Bosswagon
15th February 2011, 20:28
and it is up to the "older members" to remind themselves of the merits of increased membership. if you can't tolerate 700 new members, then how will you tolerate the millions when we build a world together? at its best, this forum has nothing to gain by starting a "generational rivalry". apparently this forum is not at its best. i have been a member here for 22 days, and i haven't been disrespectful, negative, or made personal attacks. but many "older members" don't want us here because "all of a sudden your post becomes trivialized." this is not anybody's fault. this is divisive logic. we have things to do, but we can't get past "things to bitch about".

it is not my intention to make this specifically about what you said, but i have sat idly and read many disrespectful generalizations about "new members". i thought your post was thoughtful and it encouraged me to summarize my perspective. no disrespect intended, greybeard.

viking
15th February 2011, 20:38
Perhaps, as in my case, we are waiting for a resolution or direction so that ***IF*** this Charles material takes a meaningful and positive direction, we can withdraw our attention.

I am hoping for "the next step" to occur so that all of us can participate at will yet focus on what has been here all along.

This is the problem ... will you all, ever reach the top ...

http://www.psdtop.com/bigimages/6208_440_bigimage.jpg

I hope I am wrong... Charles!

viking

Bosswagon
15th February 2011, 20:39
that is the trick - there is no top, or bottom. there is only "the next step", perpetually.

keep walking and you won't fail

greybeard
15th February 2011, 21:09
and it is up to the "older members" to remind themselves of the merits of increased membership. if you can't tolerate 700 new members, then how will you tolerate the millions when we build a world together? at its best, this forum has nothing to gain by starting a "generational rivalry". apparently this forum is not at its best. i have been a member here for 22 days, and i haven't been disrespectful, negative, or made personal attacks. but many "older members" don't want us here because "all of a sudden your post becomes trivialized." this is not anybody's fault. this is divisive logic. we have things to do, but we can't get past "things to bitch about".

it is not my intention to make this specifically about what you said, but i have sat idly and read many disrespectful generalizations about "new members". i thought your post was thoughtful and it encouraged me to summarize my perspective. no disrespect intended, greybeard.

Thank you I know my posts have not been trivialized as I have no trivialized others.
I meant new threads were ignored unless the magic Charles name was in it.
Please read what I said and the essence of it.
I was not speaking for my self because as mentioned, my one thread is doing fine over twenty thousand have visited it.
So I have welcome new comers but I dont welcome those who brought friction etc to a once peaceful place, why should I.
You are not going to build a new world here certainly not this way.

There are many places that have a greater positive effect on the promoting a New and better World.
Avalon is tiny in numbers. More watch the soaps, 40 Million watched Coronation Street on UK TV the other night.

Many millions are now buying books like The Power of Now which states clealy that a raising of consciousness is happening because the totality wants it.
Its inevitable.
It is happening Now.

Many people have been praying working for this for a very long period of time, Avalon contributes in its own way but not through friction and empire building.

Comunities like The Findhorn Foundation and many other through out the world have been doing much for countless years to promote spiritual values.

We did not invent loving or spirituality here but we do make a very necessary contribution.

Chris

Bosswagon
15th February 2011, 21:45
Thank you I know my posts have not been trivialized as I have no trivialized others.
I was not speaking for my self because as mentioned, my one thread is doing fine over twenty thousand have visited it.
So I have welcome new comers but I dont welcome those who brought friction etc to a once peaceful place, why should I.

There are many places that have a greater positive effect on the promoting a New and better World.
Avalon is tiny in numbers. More watch the soaps, 40 Million watched Coronation Street on UK TV the other night.

Many millions are now buying books like The Power of Now which states clealy that a raising of consciousness is happening because the totality wants it.
Its inevitable.
It is happening Now.

Many people have been praying working for this for a very long period of time, Avalon contributes in its own way but not through friction and empire building.

Comunities like The Findhorn Foundation and many other through out the world have been doing much for countless years to promote spiritual values.

We did not invent loving or spirituality here but we do make a very necessary contribution.

Chris

i read what you said, the specifics and the essence. i am a careful reader. i did not assume you meant "trivialized" in the sense of being rendered obsolete but rather in the sense of "getting lost in the shuffle". that is what this thread is about. but i think the mere fact that there is such a shuffle is not a bad thing. there can only be so much to say about the subjects the "alternative community" has been discussing since i was born, subjects like FEMA camps, out-of-body-experiences, Phil Schneider, Nibiru etc.

these topics are not as interesting to me as those which constitute new ground to be broken.

as far as the friction goes, i think it would be more fair to examine the frictive person instead of when they registered, because i have observed friction coming from all types of members, including senior members spewing their vitriol on the newer members. the blame game won't make anything better.

again, no disrespect. disagreement is not disrespect. i enjoy your perspective and your contributions.

i am aware that the world is waking up, and that Project Avalon is not the only group that deserves credit. this is obvious, because if the world wasn't waking up, there wouldn't be a Camelot, Avalon, or a Bosswagon. i have been actively engaged since i was 16, when i saw Bush II steal an election, followed by the Enron scandal, followed by 9/11. since then I have counseled numerous friends about the changing world, i have written around 30 songs, released two records, played upwards of 60 concerts, and have been working in a social work practice for the last three years. i don't need Avalon to be productive. if Avalon wants me, i'll be here, but if "new members" aren't welcome to discuss things they find pertinent, then i have other ways i can spend my time, which i have quite little of and is very precious to me.

Ineffable Hitchhiker
15th February 2011, 21:53
I am new to the forum but managed to find many threads that inspire me.
eg. The spiritual section, the music threads, the poetry and uplifting video interviews. The inspirational, thought-provoking threads.
Not too keen on the mind-game ones,yet, and I get to choose to ignore them if I want! Lucky me. :D
I guess it´s up to everyone, who likes a certain threads, to keep them on the front page. What I really like is the green marker to show me where I have posted. Big thumbs up for that.

So, yes, many of those that I like get lost in the shuffle, but somehow they always manage to find me again. ;)

Shairia
16th February 2011, 00:49

If you have not found positive response to new membership, then you have not read enough of this forum. As others have suggested dig a little deeper and I'm sure you will find what you seek. If not, then create threads in the area of interest that might enable discussion between you and all members.

Bosswagon
16th February 2011, 01:59
I have found positive response to new membership to be much, much more common than negative response.

Fractalius
16th February 2011, 02:11
An interesting topic when I combine all that is said and examine the many sides of each.
It must have been a big surprise for existing members to have a video released and then an almost miraculous swelling of numbers. Have said that before.
This forum is quite good from what I have seen. Others who have seen a range of forums will understand the goldilocks analogy where some are too this or too that.

A main stream forum where there are no stickies, no editing.. that is a good environment to practice tolerance, and practice putting out a message without causing ridicule or negativity.
A 'new age' forum, where everything is that particular form of superficial love and light, where folk don't see their own judgemental thinking when they over dramatise any negativity they percieve with 'tut tuts'.

Perhaps those could be used as the extremes of too this or too that.

I'll say again even if I've already been heard.. mentioning that my main forum posting interaction since leaving a forum that was as good as this one in 06-07 has been the one described as the former. Maybe it is visible in my posting sometimes lol.
I left the previous forum I liken to this one, as we are calling, an 'elder'. Everyone was quite patriotic there too and claimed to be one of a kind and avant-garde. It was as good as this one because it had a balance of people and topics. Even so, I took head of the inclination that I was, for lack of a better term 'preaching to the converted', and chose to talk with my own people in my country in quite a busy forum, think universally, act locally so to say.
To be honest, I am not sure why I am here now exactly. Over the last so many years I have included some of the PC material in my meanderings of research...
One of my biggest all time passions, is people watching.. understanding emotions, consciousness and cognition at personal, social, and spiritual levels.
I have perused a few other areas of the forum and added posts here and there, so I am not a total tourist. Have always liked participating too. However, being that I signed up here by coincidence and it seems for specific reason, I'll unashamedly say I'm here only to observe the dynamic unfolding from the Charles related catalyst. Though I do also like to participate, and still find that temptation hard at times. I won't be reading more than I have to or want to in other areas, they are interesting, but to me, distracting. :)

Sorry for the long post making myself a case study of a newcomer or whatever, hopefully some of it is useful.
Arohanui

Humble Janitor
16th February 2011, 02:26

So, you're saying that if you find out that the Charles material is a total hoax, you're going to take your bag and leave?

Dabble in threads. Read up on the soul of this forum.

Buchanan561
16th February 2011, 03:00
Good post Arohanui and thank you for sharing.

It is always good I believe to share things like you just did as it shows the real human side of yourself. As it is ......people are just words on a paper, (actually just glips of light across a computer screen) which makes everyone almost like a story in a book. Following some line of thought. It's good to see the human element bursting through. It can relieve some of the boredom of some posts. Sometimes I feel like I am in some kindergarten class listening to children. Thanks again. Emma

Buchanan561
16th February 2011, 03:24

Hi Calz

Thanks Calz

Hello Greybeard: I have been around since the beginning to Camelot, was on Avalon1 but rarely posted anything. Always got lost in the forum not knowing my way around.

I understand completely when you 'speak' about all the new people and their inclination to start new threads after being a member for only a couple of days. It is almost like a child with a new toy. I have been amazed by it. And threads that were not needed and somewhat childist in my opinion. I would look to see their join date and......only two days before. I do not believe that new members should be allowed to start new threads until they have been here for a while. After so many posts showing that they are responsible enough to do so. Allowing this right away has, in my opinion, has caused a lot of heavy traffic and confusion. Too many threads spread out for anyone to go through and find important information, and or ability to pick up and learn new things. Sometimes I feel like I am in a three ring circus if it's permitted for me to say so.

I am not against new members. They are needed. I am just against all the new threads by people that are so new a membership . Even if they have been 'lurkers' for a long time.

Know that I am very aware of your posts and threads and I look for them. Keep up your spirit as you are not alone. Many silent readers seek you out I am sure as I always did before I started posting. I am glad you are here. Emma

blufire
16th February 2011, 03:32
I wonder . . . is there a way to find out how many of the recent members have actually posted on the threads and/or have posted significantly since being accepted as an “bonifide” member.

Or perhaps many are like me.

I was a member of the original forum, but never formally joined here. I have been a “shadow member” of this forum since it began. The forum for me has always been a source of learning, research and melding with the “collective”.

When the Charles saga hit the forum I could no longer find my favorite “posters” and yes I was very curious about this very significant turn.

More importantly, Bill’s “personal message” when he introduced the Charles video touched me on an incredibly deep level. It snapped me to attention and out of the rut I had fallen into.

Joining the forum allowed me to be able to find my favorite posters and navigate the forum to use the little time I have to read and research more effectively.

I am very pragmatic.

I am not eloquent in verbalizing my thoughts. The thoughts that meander in my little mind are much more significant but somehow maddeningly elusive when I try to write them.

I am pathetic in esoteric meanderings.

And eschatological dialogue gives me a massive headache.

But, I am driven to keep reading, researching, and thinking and wondering because I KNOW somewhere all the pieces of this wondrous mysterious puzzle exists. They have been thrown to the four corners of the universe on purpose. It is the collecting of the pieces and sorting and rearranging and jerking them off the table and starting all over again that will allow us the find the true picture.

I would like to humbly ask that the Avalon elders be patient with us younglings. I am sure many of the thoughts, questions and ideas that many of us bring up were “put to bed” by the more advanced long ago.

Growing Pains and Getting’ Old Pains both hurt . . . . .maybe? . . . . just a wee bit?

Icecold
16th February 2011, 03:44
Chris:

An excerpt from a newsletter from David Spangler, late of Findhorn now the founder of the Lorian Association....

He is writing in reference to recent events in Egypt...

What the Angel of Humanity (if that is what it was) was saying, though, is that underneath these surface differences is an activity that goes beyond the commonality of shared aspirations or empathy. Rather than letting the differences in our specific needs and circumstances separate us, we can see more deeply and broadly into what is happening in our time. We can realize that we are all facing and struggling with a need to change and go beyond our current ways of treating each other and our world if we are all going have a livable future, much less realize the fullness of our human potential.

In December of 1963, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave a talk at Western Michigan University on the theme of social justice and the emerging new age. In it he said:
"All I'm saying is simply this, that all life is interrelated, that somehow we're caught in an inescapable network of mutuality tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. For some strange reason, I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality."

This thought by Dr. King catches the sense of what this Angel was implying, but there was more to it even than this. It was, I think, an invitation to see ourselves as revolutionaries in the context of seeking to overthrow oppressive and limiting thought forms and ways of thinking.

We, of course, are focused on the physical realm; it is the environment most apparent and immediate to all of us. But our colleagues and helpers in the spiritual realms deal with the invisible environment of subtle energies, thoughts and feelings. This environment can be every bit as oppressive as a tyrant; it can be every bit as harmful as a department of secret police. Certainly it can’t cause us physical pain and suffering, at least not directly, but it’s this environment that in its polluted and negative states gives rise to and energizes such physical phenomena such as tyrants and secret police, torture and terrorism, murder and mayhem. It’s this environment that can hold beliefs and thought forms that limit our conceptions of ourselves, that blind us to the wholeness of the earth, that make us doubt the goodness of the earth and the presence of the Sacred.

It is the oppression of this inner tyranny of ancient and outworn thoughts, emotions, habits, and beliefs that all of us, all of humanity, is now struggling against, like a butterfly trying to break out of a cocoon. We are all being called to make our way to the Tahrir Square of our minds and hearts, there to stand together and demand the old ways step down so a new humanity may emerge.

The world and we revolve around this pivot point of history in search of a new and better tomorrow, demanding creative and holistic change. The Revolution is upon us! What inner tyrannies will you overthrow today?

Buchanan561
16th February 2011, 04:06
I don't want anyone to think that 'I think' that this thread was/is irrelevent as I do not.

If I had I would have just read some of it and then left the thread. It has opened a door for some to post that which might not be thrown out for being 'off topic'.

I have enjoyed this thread. It it is allowing posters to mention their frustrations regarding frivolous threads. (or other concerns) Which...... can be irritating when they cause an overload of threads that can make if difficult to important ones.

I am glad this thread is here even if it is by a 'new-bee'. (smile) Emma :high5:

Thanks Calz_Avaretard

Calz
16th February 2011, 09:48

So, you're saying that if you find out that the Charles material is a total hoax, you're going to take your bag and leave?

No not at all. Sorry if I seemed to imply that.

Trying to keep up with the Charles material has proven to be a challange. I never said it was hoax. It seems it is approaching the "next step" beyond the Q/A and that's a good thing. I am hoping for a positive direction and that remains to be seen.

I do, indeed, dabble in other threads.

Truth be told ... I have been here all along going to the PA1 days. Guest Lurker I suspect was my name but I simply couldn't find an avatar that fit :)

Yes the "soul of this forum is *amazing*" and that would be why we are here.

"Withdraw our attention" was a poor choice of words. Lower our attention so there is time for all the other great material here is much more appropriate. Of course no one is forcing me to monitor one thread or another.

Bill says that perhaps something special is happening here (paraphrasing).

I am sitting in the "cheap seats" happy to see the "game" moving into the 7th inning stretch.

Nortreb
16th February 2011, 09:55

No not at all. Sorry if I seemed to imply that.

Trying to keep up with the Charles material has proven to be a challange. I never said it was hoax. It seems it is approaching the "next step" beyond the Q/A and that's a good thing. I am hoping for a positive direction and that remains to be seen.

I do, indeed, dabble in other threads.

Truth be told ... I have been here all along going to the PA1 days. Guest Lurker I suspect was my name but I simply couldn't find an avatar that fit :)

Yes the "soul of this forum is *amazing*" and that would be why we are here.

"Withdraw our attention" was a poor choice of words. Lower our attention so there is time for all the other great material here is much more appropriate. Of course no one is forcing me to monitor one thread or another.

Bill says that perhaps something special is happening here (paraphrasing).

I am sitting in the "cheap seats" happy to see the "game" moving into the 7th inning stretch.

Peace.
Perhaps all of the confusion present on the forum is occuring in order to allow everyone to prepare to be responsible for their life experience after the information is release.

I am almost sure each and everyone watching and waiting are getting clues.

The main part is to be active and not a spectator as we have been indoctrinated with the TV age.:lever:

Peace

Calz
16th February 2011, 10:11

Its inevitable.
It is happening Now.

Chris

Understood and well put.

Ego thread has stood the test of time and I am sure will continue to do so.

I am "guilty as charged" for contributing to the swift slide down the "today's posts" list. I don't post much in the Charles threads but sometimes start threads merely linking to what I feel are interesting news items.

Anyway ... the "tide is turning". I've seen the totals of the General Discussion forum on top again today.