PDA

View Full Version : #S@Q(*@#!! Forum

sjkted
16th February 2011, 21:14
Changes on the Forum

To All:

I'm posting here, similar to Celine's thread because I care about this forum. From what I can tell, most of the mods are not performing their duties or have decided to look the other way while threads are hijacked and our little forum is being hijacked. I don't even want to say the C****** word, but this is about community standards and part of what we all agreed to in participating here. The only mod I have seen who has been trying to address community standards has been Luke.

Take a look at the moderator activity lately:

Beth (0 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16)
Bill Ryan (has been active, but not much posting as moderator)
Burke (2 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16)
Dale (1 post from Feb 13 - Feb 16)
Fredkc (4 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16)
Hiram (8 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16, but no posts as moderator)
illuminate (1 post from Feb 13- Feb 16, but no posts as moderator)
Luke - (7 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16, appears to be attempting to handle forum issues)
morguana - (no posts since Jan 22)
Paul - (11 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16, but no posts as moderator)
Richard - (2 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16, but no posts as moderator)
Ross - (2 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16, but no posts as moderator)
Scott - (1 post from Feb 13 - Feb 16, but no posts as moderator)
Shane - (2 posts from Feb 13 - Feb 16)

My questions to moderators:

(1) It took months to transition everyone over from PA1 and we were told you had a screening process. We went for a good while with small amounts of new members who were welcomed into the group and now I am hearing we have around 1000 new members in the last month. What's up with this? Why was it allowed instead of the prior screening process?
(2) Why do you just stand by while threads are being hijacked?
(3) Why did you enforce these standards just a few months ago, yet are looking the other way right now?

Here's a highlight on posts from modwiz and Jorr Lundstrom from Feb 13 - Feb 16, which is just a small samping of what is happening to the forum.

For the record, I have nothing against new members per se, but this place is turning into a circus.

--sjkted

From modwiz (all from Feb 14 - Feb 16):

Well so far it looks like the P's have it.

Well so far it looks like the P's have it.

I want a category for unseen and imaginary beings like: elves,gnomes,pixies,elementals,devas,hobgoblins,
boogiepeople and wizardywitches.

Well, we rescued this thread from needless maudlin meandering and any hint of seriousness.

We have certainly moved on. IMHO

Sister site,hmm.

Avalonodon. No.

Avalonus Rex. No.

Avanother, Maybe

I've moved on.

Are we there yet?

This soap opera needs a title.

Thread change

Name the soap opera.

(As the Guinness guys would say,) "Brilliant!"

As long as I can still wear my hood.:pray:

I have a weakness for men in hoods.

This page of the thread is beginning to take on a quality of despair. Did Dante have a ring in his Inferno like this?

We are 37th in the world in science/math but #1 in self esteem. Makes for strange brew.

Disinterest?

This wool hood must be blocking transmission.

Would candling my ears help at all? :confused:

Post removed because of wrong thread placement.

From Jorr Lundstrom:

The feeling guys, the feeeeling.

Usually they say : It wasnt me, it wasnt me, it wasnt just me.:tape2:

Nothing is over until its over.

There is nowhere in the world to run, sorry.:cool:

There is a storm blowing up.

Nowhere to hide

In the storm, most stiff oaks survive, all willows bend and prosper.;)

One moment

One moment

......lmao

It was very rude of him to leave the scene five minutes to twelve. A great loss.:bad:

I know naaaaaaaaaaaating, Im from Barcelona.

Cool, just cool.:cool:

karelia
16th February 2011, 21:24
There are how many new posts a day? And how many mods? And, imagine that! Mods have lives in need of attention, too. But if you have so much time on your hand that you can start a thread like this, and it must have taken you a while to find, copy, and paste all the relevant quotes and probably even longer to visit each mod's page and note down their individual posts, why don't you apply to be a mod? Oh, they probably don't want someone with your attitude. Can't say I blame them.

Lord Sidious
16th February 2011, 21:31
Moderators and Administrators greatest value isn't solely in posting, it is in controlling what is left up on the forum.
With this in mind, you and I won't be able to see exactly what they are doing in that regard as we don't have that status.

Richard
16th February 2011, 21:34
Hi, Thank you for the observations however any absences that may of existed are now gone.

Get ready for the re-greening of Avalon my friends.

Cheers

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Oh and, thread closed.

G'day :)