PDA

View Full Version : Members new and old

The One
18th February 2011, 09:06
Members new and old why do you feel the need to thank after every post and get thanked after every post from everyone in relation to the Charles material. I amazed how many new members have joined since January in relation to the Charles material and thatís the only reason why. I personally didnít get involved in the Charles material but if i did i would probably be on about 4500 thanks and been thanked 6000 times by now. It really doesnít bother me who gets thanked but my personal opinion we thank people for useful information. I am not saying the Charles information isnít useful but after looking through the Charles material members are being thanked for just about anything.

Remember good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment. Every goal, every action, every thought, every feeling one experiences, whether it be consciously or unconsciously known, is an attempt to increase one's level of peace of mind.

Love ya all xxxx

vibrations
18th February 2011, 09:16
For me the "Thanks" icon is some kind of reminder that I saw it, I kinda like it but won't coment it. I don't see it as a santification or whatever, maybe just "Iwas here too" statement. From this point of view it doesen't look so bad, don't you think.

crosby
18th February 2011, 09:32
some people just like a little recognition for their input, that's all. and i think they feel (especially if they're in the dark about a particular topic), that the person who left a post semi-explaining the situation, they should receive the recognition. it doesn't specify in the forum rules that you have to "thank" someone because of particular criteria in answering a post or perhaps starting a new thread. mostly it is a show of respect. by that's just my opinion.
warmest regards corson

vibrations
18th February 2011, 09:36
some people just like a little recognition for their input, that's all. and i think they feel (especially if they're in the dark about a particular topic), that the person who left a post semi-explaining the situation, they should receive the recognition. it doesn't specify in the forum rules that you have to "thank" someone because of particular criteria in answering a post or perhaps starting a new thread. mostly it is a show of respect. by that's just my opinion.
warmest regards corson

I agree wit this.

ace
18th February 2011, 09:36
I must admit, it did make me laugh, much prefer "thumps up" in green, "thumps down" in red, no names,
cuts out all that click'y click click, "guilty by association stuff out"

I'am certain Bill Ryan's ego is not that fragile he needs 250 thank's for a "one paragraph up date"

Regards
Ace

bodixa
18th February 2011, 09:41
Make it STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boom:

Jakinabox
18th February 2011, 09:43
Its like clicking "like" after someones comment on facebook.

The One
18th February 2011, 09:46
I am all for thanking people and for their recognition but not for three words i donít think so. Look at the posts and you will know what i mean once again It really doesnít bother me who gets thanked but my personal opinion we thank people for useful information. I am not saying the Charles information isnít useful but after looking through the Charles material members are being thanked for just about anything

P.S lets hope this thread does not turn into something that it shouldnt.

ace
18th February 2011, 09:57
I am all for thanking people and for their recognition but not for three words i donít think so. Look at the treads and you will know what i mean once again It really doesnít bother me who gets thanked but my personal opinion we thank people for useful information. I am not saying the Charles information isnít useful but after looking through the Charles material members are being thanked for just about anything

P.S lets hope this thread does not turn into something that it shouldnt.

I was just going to thank you
and then i thought...............no
maybe this could be the "no thank you" thread!!

Ace

Jakinabox
18th February 2011, 09:59
:mullet:.................................

Lily de Cuir
18th February 2011, 10:01
Hello Everyone,

I personally like to make a 'thanks' to someone's post because it fills in part of the jigsaw puzzle for me, and I'm genuinely thanking them for their insight in helping me understand the bigger picture.

Even though I've watched/listened to about 95% of Bill and Kerry's work, I still have much to learn.

There is so much information to take in and so many bits of the puzzle. I'd rather push the thanks button instead of commenting and stay in the background as an observer. If I feel I have something of interest then I will post a reply.

So, the thanks button is my friend, lol...it allows me to give feedback to the poster without writing a long-winded reply which just clogs up the threads. And lord knows there are now so many to read through...

Cheers and Love to all, from a balmy Byron Bay in Oz,
Lily

take
18th February 2011, 10:04
I thank because I can.

Why so serious?

Or are you saying that if people press the thx button too much all the time, it somehow loses it's meaning? Inflation of thank you's. ?

bodixa
18th February 2011, 10:08
Rant Alert:

If the new people hadn't come in and engaged with the material YOU OBESERVERS WOULD HAVE HAD NOTHING TO OBSERVE!!

Please, quit the bullying and nit picking. I'm tired of logging on and seeing 3 or four new threads throwing mud at new members (and old ones too!).

I've been around a looong time. I was on AV1 (but forgot my user name HAH! )

Enough is enough.

Lily de Cuir
18th February 2011, 10:19
Rant Alert:

If the new people hadn't come in and engaged with the material YOU OBESERVERS WOULD HAVE HAD NOTHING TO OBSERVE!!

Please, quit the bullying and nit picking. I'm tired of logging on and seeing 3 or four new threads throwing mud at new members (and old ones too!).

Enough is enough.

I can see you haven't had your second cup of coffee yet....:p

Lily

The One
18th February 2011, 10:21
Rant Alert: bodixa

Please, quit the bullying and nit picking. I'm tired of logging on and seeing 3 or four new threads throwing mud at new members.

Enough is enough.

There is no bullying and nit picking whatsoever an observation my friend and a good one at that. Some people rant some people observe then speak.(there is a difference)

It you read the thread my friend it says old and new

greybeard
18th February 2011, 10:24
Rant Alert:

Enough is enough.

See what you are saying and the essence of it which I agree with.

There is always plenty to observe so I dont spend too much time on threads where new and old are making a spectacle of themselves.

Eckhart Tolle writes beautifully about "The pain body" we all have one to a lesser or greater degree.

It feeds on drama pain outrage victim hood, this shouldnt be!!!, every angry negative emotion under the sun, It takes the host body over with an adrenalin fix.
It make the person unconscious, when pain body is active the host person is unconscious totally taken over irrational.
when it is active it wont listen you cant convince it of anything, it is right!!!! end of story, it bonds with other pain bodies and attacks any one that dares to disagree.
When it has had enough it goes back to sleep and the person is left literally with a hangover, the body shakes they feel crap, no energy drained.

Its all in "The Power of Now"

Regards Chris

Budaheart
18th February 2011, 10:26
I understand where you are coming from The One, but...are we trying to control the personal perception everyone has of Gratitude?

I have had experience in forums in the past and one of the things that happen often is that a powerful thought form (logismoi) takes over some forums, creating a way things should be...
then other members get subtly coerced into no being free to express their individuality or uniqueness because the thought form that overshadows the group sort of creates such a rigid structure that it is hard to simply be yourself and express yourself with freedom.

I am sure no one wants this here.

Blessings
Barbara

bodixa
18th February 2011, 10:39
Enough is enough.

See what you are saying and the essence of it which I agree with.

There is always plenty to observe so I dont spend too much time on threads where new and old are making a spectacle of themselves.

Its all in "The Power of Now"

Regards Chris

You are, as ever, quite correct.

Fractalius
18th February 2011, 11:48
I don't find it that troublesome but thanked you anyway lol :)

ghostrider
18th February 2011, 12:53
Thanks, is a way for me to say I saw it, read it, and I'm glad you took time from your busy schedule to do the work, and try and help for the greater good of all... We need each other ... peace

araucaria
18th February 2011, 13:04
I have exchanged views on this subject on another thread with northern boy who, as you may know, has opted out of the thankyou feature altogether. That is something you can do apparently.
Some long-term members are also generous thankers and it is always helpful to know that people whose judgement one values are indicating that it might be worthwhile taking a closer look.

jorr lundstrom
18th February 2011, 13:28
I like if I get one thanks for a post. I write post because I think its kinda important it being said. And then I know that at least one has read it.

But it could just as well been a X or something to mark it as read.

I also want to say its noone elses business how anyone of us uses the thanksbutton. If someone is disturbed by it, just dont use it.

And if someone dont want any thanks, send a PM to the mods and have it removed. And if someone like to be disturbed, well

cut some wood or something, but please dont vommit in the forum. :rofl:

benevolentcrow
18th February 2011, 13:58
You validate peopleís lives by your attention.

The logic of validation allows us to move between the two limits of dogmatism and skepticism.

ďTrue ideas are those that we can assimilate, validate, corroborate, and verify. False ideas are those that we cannot.Ē William James

Not everyone needs validation or do they need to validate, we can choose which is what is great about this forum. Choices...

sheddie
18th February 2011, 14:01
I find the thank you button really useful and as you will no doubt see i thank people a lot. For me it says that I have heard you, I mostly agree, I support you. It also gives me an idea where people are coming from by observing who has thanked and who hasn't.

I feel at times it has helped to defuse a situation and it is good for the soul to show gratitude.

As a newbie it also gives you confidence to post again because at least someone is out there listening. That means a lot to me as I am quite nervous about posting, especially the way some people get flamed for forming a question wrong, stating an opinion etc.

We are learning and growing together and I appreciate everyone's point of view as long as it is respectful. I hate abusive behavior and rudeness, there is no need for it.

BTW I am not for one minute implying that the OP was being abusive, talking in general here about what I have witnessed lately on other threads. :p

Why are we wasting so much time these days on being picky? Aren't we all on the same side here...........searching for the truth?

I have been on this journey for a long time now and do not appreciate little digs all the time about being a newbie therefore a newbie to all this information, I also did not join just for the charle's material. I joined when I realised that the forum was no longer by invitation only and I wanted to be part of such a loving, informative, helpful, friendly community. In fact it was Wade Fraser joining thqt finally decided me.

I think we all have something to offer, please give us a chance and time to settle in,. I love it here and soon we will all be able to make our way round the forum without making embarrassing errors.

I don't mean to offend anyone ................... just a little tired of feeling got at! It must be full moon madness.

I love you all though :) and I love what we are doing together as a collective

with sacred love x

p.s. I am going to lie down now as that is the longest post I've written..........:tape2:

Charlie Pecos
18th February 2011, 14:16
Well done, Sheddie, Well done.:thumb:

(thanks button just wasn't enough)

Steven
18th February 2011, 14:33
Thanks should be totally, absolutely free and without any guideline. Even if one wants to thank a psychopath to kill all Life on Earth. Why? Because it is possible. Creation allows it.

Don't look at it as a gauge for quality. Since a time I am here, since the very first days of Avalon, and like any other forums or public "agora", the most popular ideas, threads and posts doesn't mean the most meaningful. It is rather the opposite. What really makes a change is very often not popular at all, because it is not present in the heart and soul of the mass, but after a time, it will. :)

Namaste, Steven

The One
18th February 2011, 15:30
Fear not what you say. You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.

Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace. Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't

Thank you Martin Luther XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Have a great weekend to all Avalon Members

yesterday is gone, tomorrow is yet to be, today is the miracle

Levi
18th February 2011, 17:55
My 2 cents;
There is such a large amount of dialogue here, one would need to forsake all responsibilities the world tends to burden us with, just to skim over each post.
I personally have stayed completely out of the Charles Drama for that same reason; it's not that I'm not curious, I just know my limits.
I initially felt the "thanks" button was a bit self gratifying. Since that time, I've found I use it whenever a piece of information is confirmed, thus switching on the little light...
FWIW.
Thanks