PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about Miracles

witchy1
21st February 2011, 03:06
Thought it was a bit gloomy round here and the "Lets talk about man made greatest disasters" gave me the idea for a thread about Miracles. (absolutely no offence intended)

I am ever hopeful that we all know of at least one amazing situation or story that has touched our lives and made a difference as to how we view the world. Perhaps encouraged you think differently about things?

Maybe a story you read or a specific incident that occured to you or someone close?

Not so much about the prophets, organised religious orders, saints etc, but real individual situations that you have come across in your life that deeply moved you or changed you for the better. Kids, dogs, cats, butterflies and bumblebees are miracles in themselves perhaps you have a story to share about an animal that touched your life in miraculous way?

I would most enjoy reading some uplifting, amazing if not miraculous stories if anyone is willing to share.

Witchy

A quick anecdote while I formulate some stories.........All mums would say that obviously the miracle of birth is on the top of the list. I agree and they certainly change your life.

The not so obvious is now undertanding why my Mum acted the way she did now that I have children of my own. I am surprised she let me live :o - she always said that she "really hoped" my children were just like me as she smiled thoughtfully....... Little did I understand the hidden meaning - They are!!!! Its a miracle I am sane (although thats up for debate I guess)

Witchy

TWINNICK
21st February 2011, 08:17
G'day,

OK Witchy babe I'll have a go, although it is about kids (LOL) and yes you prolly are insane! Ha!

Many years ago when I was young and spunky ( oops my ego run amuck, get back down you sob) I was getting to know this young lady who I was trying to ummm well you know, anyway she invited me over to her place for a coffee and to hang out.

I met her mom who struck me as one of the most intense people I have ever met in my life, red/ginger hair and piercing green eye's, I have never seen eye's like her's since, it freaked me out a little but I contained my surprise because I was trying to act real cool to get into her daughters p....... oopppps the bloody ego again, get down bastard.

Anyway we were sitting at the kitchen table havin a coffee and the hot chick says, hay how about I read your tarot. I said naaah dont believe in that kind of sh#t.
Well that comment went down like a lead fart in a cool room, so since I was trying to ummm you know, I said OHH alright then but I'm not going to put any creadance on this you know, she just smiled at me knowingly and whipped out the tarot cards as if she had this whole thing planned from the start.

Well she was doin what they do laying all the cards out whilst giving me one of those looks hot chicks can give you when they know you are putty in there hands and her mom walks into the kitchen from the lounge room, she takes one look over my shoulder and utters this surprised little yelp and turns on her daughter with almost venom in her words......Kate! I've told you before don't play with things you don't fully understand, these are not to be used for your entertainment and trying to win over boys etc tec.

Wow, I was shocked at the reaction from her mother and also thought to myself, sh#t she's seriously pissed at Kate playing with these things, Why? whats the damn biggy about looking at a bunch cards?.

By this time all the cards were out on the table, her mother looks at me and calms down, with me looking at her with a WTF look on my face she gives me this boring into my brain glance and takes a closer look at the cards and raises her eyebrows a bit and then puts her hands on my shoulders ( she's was still standing behind me) me looking up at her and starting to wonder WHAT THE ? somethings not right here.

I don't remember what the cards were now as it was along time ago but I do remember that her mother sat down next to me and just stared at me for what seemed like an aeon, and then said I was very special and I would have some things happen in my life that would be quite significant to me and that I was going to be a father of special twins.

HA HA HA, Yeh right, me have kids, I don't think so. I was of the mind back then that the world was screwed and I was not going to bring kids into it, as well as I was foot loose and fancy free and could dip my..... well you can work the rest out yourselves.

Well I forgot all about it as the years went on and the hot chick became a nice little memory for a young bloke to have, and the mother I always from that day onwards thought was a witch (LOL).

Many years later I met this girl(well actually she is 2.5 years older than me) and we started seeing each other, she was not like any other woman I'd ever met before and certainly not my usual type of attraction or ummm chick I would go for, we were going out for 2 years which was longer than anyone I had ever stayed with before.

Lots of fun and weird conversations and life went passed with us both quite content with the situation rolling along, she told me once that she had seen me many years before we met when I was working at a night club and that she knew I was going to be the one she would get together with at some stage.

That spun me out a little to think that someone was watching me at a night club years before with that thought and here we were together! WHAT THE !

Well many things happened in our lives, some strange some weird and some just down right funny, Its a book so I will cut it down to save my fingers from bleeding all over the keyboard, two finger typing here by the way.

Ok... one day she went to the bathroom to clean her teeth before bed and came back with a strange look on her face ! I said whats wrong, she said she just tossed her pizza, I said in a frivolous way OH your pregas, she said don't be stupid I've just finished my period its not possible, and I said who bloody knows your weird girl (passed experiences) and we went to bed.

The next day she said she was feeling really strange and didn't want to go to work which I had left because of a back injury but she was still at, she got more weirded out during the day until I said .. thats it I'm taking you to the DR because you and your bloody apendix episode nearly killed you and I'm not putting up with this you wako, crikey you've prolly grown the bloody thing back again.

OK so we are at the DR's and he is doin the feel your tummy thing on her with me over by the fire place facing the other way looking at them through the big mirror on the mantle piece ( big old house converted into DR's surgery), he says here go and pee in this little bottle and come back and hop up on the table again.

She says but I can't be pregnant, I've been having regular periods and just finished one yesterday! He says off you go missy and off she trundles to the bathroom.
I make a joke about her being weird and we have a little giggle, ( we knew the DR because we were both senior first aid officers at the company we worked for and he was the company DR) anyway she comes back and hops up on the table again, lays down and he walks casually over to me and puts a little window thingy infront of me and walks back to her on the table.

In the very moment I hear him say to her I think you are having "TWINS" I am looking at this little window thingy in front of me show a blue + appear before my eye's and an instant picture of the tarot reading 9 years before comes flooding back into my head like a movie in fast forward mode and another answer to some event many years before that, FFFFUUU#### WTF !.

Chris sits up and starts to bawl her eye's out, I spin around to hear DR say that I think you are about 2.5 months pregnant ( I told you she was weird) and the DR says that he is a twin himself and everything will be alright.

The look in her eye's was priceless, prolly mine too! but I said its alright I'm not going to run away, damn I spose we will have to get married now ! DR laughed and said congrats Dad and Mom twins are special.

So thats my miracle Witchy, and the kids are all grown up 18+ and doing very well, Identicle boys born 57 minutes apart who had to be sucked out of Mum with vontoos caps ( i call it a vacuum cleaner) because they decided after her epy wore off that they wanted to hang out a little longer but mum was over it by then.

I was the first one to touch them both( after the head DR) and the first one to change there first nappy and I actually changed there last ones if I remember correctly.

Many strange things along the path of bringing those boys up but thats another book, OH and Witchy! my Mother used to curse me with the same saying when I was young( I hope you have children just like you when you grow up because you will know what I went through).

And I did! (LOL) they used to run away and go adventuring around the place except I got it in stereo (lol) Lyle would lead the expedition and james would follow him everywhere. Used to do the nappy changes in stereo a lot too (LOL).

They are both Airforce cadets and they are both incharge of six wing (the whole of South Australia) Lyles the boss and James is his 2IC, they are also going to UNI to do studies so they can enter the acadamy to become officers in the defence force, I know they are here to do what they came for and they are already on there way to become leaders.

I don't want them to go to war, it frightens the livin daylights out of me but they always throw my own and fathers line back at me ( don't wrap your kids in cotton wool) smart assess, but they are very special to me, I was never going to have kids and the sequence of events in my life that took me up to and through to now you could write a book on.

Many years ago I should have died in a car accident that I could not explain to myself why I was still here, the events of the accident defied the laws of physics as I understood them at the time and even now, it sent me a little crazy trying to find answers as to why I was still here.

When that little blue+ started to appear before me, the picture in my mind actually gave me two answers, why I didn't die in the accident which was unexplainable ( I was literally doing 100 miles an hour straight towards a train parked on the other side of a 90 degree corner I was supposed to take but forgot about and it was raining) and the tarot reading which I had forgoten about .

So I recon thats a bit of a miracle, things seem to happen in two's in my life, two birth marks, lots of two's in my birth date, lots of other two's events in my life and TWINS.

..Nick..

witchy1
21st February 2011, 11:00
The man has definate talent. Wow Nick, I was right there with you as I was reading - What great story, almost felt the lump in my throat, that you had while typing your poor fingers to the bone....... I got goosebumps at about the time you thought your wife to be had grown back her appendix. LOL I thought you were going to say she did! And all due credit your wife to deliver them both naturally - what a magnificant effort.

I can hear such pride in your voice dear Nick - what a wonderful job you have done as a Dad. I bet you could tell some great stories. But its not over yet - is it. You still have work to do my friend. And you will have the little grandies to guide as well. So you better stay well for that part.

I'm not going to say anything about their choice of career. (Except to say I dont think I would cope well with it) but we have to harden up - its their choice to make and all due credit to them. Isn't it great they are together. I bet they both wore their new gumboots to bed the first time they got them :-)

Do you think your life was pre planned or do you think we are bit like a boat adrift in the sea - could go anywhere, but will end up on the beach eventually??????? Many of us have had near misses in life just as you have - makes you wonder about the whole "scheme" of things. (just deleted half a page on this).

PS: yes thank goodness we are well over it all by the time they open up those vontuse extractors - you are well over caring - Its good to pick up your modesty on the way out the maty ward door. LOL

PSS: good score on the "leg over" earlier on

W

TWINNICK
21st February 2011, 15:50
Yes I had my fare share of leg overs...I mean hot dinners...I mean relationships, and I think I was directed in a chaotic way to my calling, someone knew very well where they were pushing me and I didn't have a clue, blindly going about my life thinking I was the one who held the reins.

Ha ! well I grew up a bit with those experiences and the wife did it very tough with the births, I had to hang out with the boys while they stitched her back together and pumped more than a little blood back into her, the boys made a mess of Mum.

As a matter of fact we were told that the chances of having twins again was quite high because of twins on both sides of the family that she would'nt let me go near her. she held the proverbial shot gun to me head and said that she was not going through that again, so I went and had the snip.

Now I fire blanks but thats ok by me because I don't think I could better my first attempt at the matching set of mini me's I made.

The appendix story was a doosy, she had two attacks 1 year apart, the second time was real bad,we rushed her to the hospital which was under duress because of a flue outbrake, there were people falling like fly's allover the place and the staff could not cope.

I told them we were senior first aid trained and next thing I know I'm Mr nurse pushing her wheel chair around the hospital to tests and toilets and back to beds and toilets crickey! it was all go I can tell ya!.

Well she looked up at me at one stage there and said with a look of death on her face..Ok now you've seen me at my worst what do you think of me now ?

I said when this is over my dear, I'm going to trade you in for a less troublesome model, you need to much warranty work.

We both started to piss ourselves laughing ( well I did) because she told me off for making her laugh, it hurt her to much and if I was going to be silly I should leave and let her die, we both laughed again and I got told of again(LOL).

I said no no I will stay and look after you, I was really interested in how you can sh#t through the eye of a needle and spew 6 feet at the same time, surely there must be a t.v. show we can make money on with this ability, but I got told off again and had to wheel her out of the dunny to the bed they found for her.

Well after about 5 hours they had settled her down with some lovely drugs which I requested as well but they said no.. go home and get some rest we will ring you in the morning or if there is any change.

I was up there the next day to find out she had deteriated through the night and decided to do a few more tests, they could not find her appendix and didn't know why she was so ill, I said for gods sake it is her appendix and she has had an attack before but they looked at me like I was a little piss ant who would not know my ass from my elbow.

By this time she was glowing bright red and I thought she was going to pop, the flue rush was still on and the hospital was crawling with zombies all looking like death warmed up but another DR had a look at her and said she needed to cut her open and have a look.

I waited all day trying to avoid the zombies like Neo out of the Matrix, and finally someone came to find me, OH were so sorry, it was her appendix after all.

The DR told me she would be out of action for quite a while because when they cut her open they could not find her appendix, it wasn't were it should have been( I told you she was weird), they had to put all of her guts on a tray next to her to find it hidden behind her intestine in a weird place.

As soon as they touched it, it exploded all through her, she was really in trouble now because of the poison and they had to do the big mop up, she was put back together and stuck in ICU with 4 fans blowing on her night and day for quite a while.

It was a good week and a half before I brought her home and even longer before I was able to make her laugh ( or get my jollies) because she was scared the stitches would pop.

Then even she had to admit that she was weird ( many events in her life that pointed to this conclusion) and we lived to laugh about it later.

I can't change my boy's path even if I really wanted to (and I do ) because they signed up for this journey and have a job to do somewhere somehow and I'm a bit lost again and feeling that the reason we all came here is soon to be apon us.

They won't listen to me about my conspiracy theories (yet) because they have been programed by the system, T.V. ,computer games, school, etc but I'm gunna keep working on the little sh#ts until I see the light turn on (LOL).

Any way must go to bed its 2.20 am and have a funeral to go to tomorrow, lucky bastard escaped the prison planet early! (LOL)

..Nick..