PDA

View Full Version : Mutual Dreaming

DianeKJ
28th February 2011, 18:15
I've noticed in my family many instances of shared dreams between myself and my children. The important characters or events remain the same in each dream, but smaller details are filtered individually. I was interested in how this can happen. They aren't Lucid dreams, they just seem like normal dreams until we realize they are very similar.

I dream: My family has to move, but we are not moving from our home, we are moving from one hotel room to another. I'm having a really hard time keeping track of our two cats, as they keep escaping from our car which is filled to the brim with stuff. A small baby appears in one of the hotel rooms. The baby is not human, it;s cute enough, but I notice it has small gills on it's neck. I am trying to figure out how to get this baby into the over packed car as well.

My 8 year old son dreams: We have to leave our home because giant asteroids are hitting the earth and we have to travel to the other side. He says we are driving to Japan (lol, driving). The dream makes him sad because his cat, Smokey has dissapeared and we have to leave the cat behind and get on the road. In the dream we adopt a baby girl, she has no family. She has a lot of stuff, including a small crib that we need to cram into our car, but there isn't much room.

Another recent event was between my other son and my 4 year old daughter. Back story here is that we were in the process of adopting my nephew, as he has been stuck in foster care for over a year. We did not tell the kids about this, because we weren't sure if it would actually happen.

Both kids dream that our nephew is going to live with us on the same night.

About a day later we learn that his mom, my husband's sister has been found dead (we don't know why yet) Even though we had started the process of adoption, this has expedited the whole thing, and we are actually bringing him home with us in just a few days.

So how do people connect like this? I bet we all do, and more often than we realize, I was just lucky enough to ask my son about his dream this morning, or I would have not known how similar they were.

Love you hear your thoughts, or even your shared dreams.
-Di

applecrusher1992
1st March 2011, 02:05
Sounds really interesting and I also believe it is possible to share dreams. Sometimes when I have talked to my parents about dreams we realized we have had really similar dreams about the house and different events playing out. I remember the talk show Universal Truth Evolution having brought on someone who talked a lot about this topic from a week back and they mentioned this is some detail. If your interested the link is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/universaltruthevolution. The show is bringing on someone tomorrow as well who is talking more about the dream state so if your interested check it out.

Icecold
1st March 2011, 02:08
I experienced exactly the same dream as my brother-in-law on the same night. We were 70km apart at the time

Selene
1st March 2011, 02:14
Hi, Diane –

Yeah, I sometimes think my dreams “are the most interesting part of my day.” LOL. Very little that I’ve read in books about “dreaming” seems to include some of the wider scope of possibilities. And mutual dreams are certainly one of them.

My best story:

I once dreamt of a co-worker. I seemed to be standing in a parking lot at the bottom of a very long staircase as he came running – scampering, really – down the stairs toward me. Just as he got to the bottom and said to me: “There’s something I’ve got to tell you....” two women emerged on the staircase and picked him up, dragging him bodily back up the stairs as he kicked and screamed in protest....

Well. I figured I should at least find out what my colleague “had to tell me”. So, at an appropriate time, I delicately broached...'hahaha I had a dream and you were in it....silly me....’ etc.

He listened as I described the scenario, and the appearance of the two women, one of whom had a distinctive haircut. Well, he said, the one is obviously my mother, but the other....? Hmmmm.... and was silent for a few moments. I changed the subject.

Suddenly, in the midst of our further conversation, his eyes opened wide. OMG, he said, the other woman was my aunt, my mother’s sister. And what you’re describing actually happened to me when I was four years old!

He explained at that point his parents were getting divorced and his mother had taken him to live with her at her sister’s apartment. He was desperately homesick and missed his father. He kept trying to somehow sneak out of the apartment so he could find his way home. One day, he almost succeeded – and had snuck out of the building....and down the front stairs toward the parking lot....when his absence was discovered and his mother and sister swooped down on him.

S’Okay: I had somehow tapped into someone else’s memory. But my question is still: What on earth was I doing there?

Our dreams, it would seem, are much more porous than we know. But had I not asked him, I would have thought it was all “just my imagination at work”.

Cheers,

Selene

DianeKJ
1st March 2011, 02:15
I experienced exactly the same dream as my brother-in-law on the same night. We were 70km apart at the time

Thanks, I was starting to feel pretty freakish for being the only one here experiencing that. :)

So was you dream rather mundane, or did it involve some future event to unfold? Are you very close to him?
-Di

DianeKJ
1st March 2011, 02:21
Sounds really interesting and I also believe it is possible to share dreams. Sometimes when I have talked to my parents about dreams we realized we have had really similar dreams about the house and different events playing out. I remember the talk show Universal Truth Evolution having brought on someone who talked a lot about this topic from a week back and they mentioned this is some detail. If your interested the link is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/universaltruthevolution. The show is bringing on someone tomorrow as well who is talking more about the dream state so if your interested check it out.

Very interested, TY. I will have a listen to it when I get the kiddos to bed and some quiet time. lol

DianeKJ
1st March 2011, 02:25
Hi, Diane –

Yeah, I sometimes think my dreams “are the most interesting part of my day.” LOL. Very little that I’ve read in books about “dreaming” seems to include some of the wider scope of possibilities. And mutual dreams are certainly one of them.

My best story:

I once dreamt of a co-worker. I seemed to be standing in a parking lot at the bottom of a very long staircase as he came running – scampering, really – down the stairs toward me. Just as he got to the bottom and said to me: “There’s something I’ve got to tell you....” two women emerged on the staircase and picked him up, dragging him bodily back up the stairs as he kicked and screamed in protest....

Well. I figured I should at least find out what my colleague “had to tell me”. So, at an appropriate time, I delicately broached...'hahaha I had a dream and you were in it....silly me....’ etc.

He listened as I described the scenario, and the appearance of the two women, one of whom had a distinctive haircut. Well, he said, the one is obviously my mother, but the other....? Hmmmm.... and was silent for a few moments. I changed the subject.

Suddenly, in the midst of our further conversation, his eyes opened wide. OMG, he said, the other woman was my aunt, my mother’s sister. And what you’re describing actually happened to me when I was four years old!

He explained at that point his parents were getting divorced and his mother had taken him to live with her at her sister’s apartment. He was desperately homesick and missed his father. He kept trying to somehow sneak out of the apartment so he could find his way home. One day, he almost succeeded – and had snuck out of the building....and down the front stairs toward the parking lot....when his absence was discovered and his mother and sister swooped down on him.

S’Okay: I had somehow tapped into someone else’s memory. But my question is still: What on earth was I doing there?

Our dreams, it would seem, are much more porous than we know. But had I not asked him, I would have thought it was all “just my imagination at work”.

Cheers,

Selene

Wow, that is pretty wild Selene. It seems as though there is some bit of multi-dimensionality involved, not that I completely understand it. I love dreaming too, lately it's rare that I remember them, so it made this rather mundane dream even more special that I seemed to share it with my son.