PDA

View Full Version : One Million Library Books being sent Underground

Moemers
1st March 2011, 01:26
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1190824_a_million_library_books_to_be_sent_down_the_mines

ONE million books from Manchester's Central Library – including valuable volumes dating back to the 15th century - are to be put into temporarily storage with many going deep underground in the Cheshire salt mines.

Works from the city's reference library will be stored in the mines, hundreds of feet below ground, for the next three years while the landmark city centre site undergoes a massive refurbishment to save it from ruin.

Experts say the mine's caverns – the size of 700 football pitches - provide the perfect environment for preserving the manuscripts, which include the works of eminent academics.

A phased shut down of the St Peter's Square library will begin next month, with the site closing its doors in June. The Library Theatre, which will most likely relocate to the historic Theatre Royal, will close the following month with a celebratory show entitled Last Night at the Library.

A temporary city library will open in Elliot House, on Deansgate, where staff will also be able to arrange access to some rare reference works that are not available elsewhere in the country. All others will be stored in the salt mines from where they will be digitally catalogued but inaccessible for the duration of the refurbishment.

More than 22 miles of shelving and one million books - including more than 30 works dating back to the 15th century and 44,000 published before 1850 - will be relocated to the mines, Elliot House and other temporary locations including the Royal Northern College of Music. The project is part of multi-million pound plans to transform and modernise St Peter's Square and the Town Hall Complex, bringing services and facilities up to date and carrying out vital restoration works to the listed buildings.

Central Library will re-open in 2013 with a new state-of-the-art lending library, electronic catalogue and archive centre, to bring historic local collections under one roof. A one-stop customer services centre will also be created on the ground floor of the town hall extension.

From April, some 1,800 council staff will be moved to First Street, at the city centre's southern gateway, for four years while restoration work takes place. A temporary customer services point will open to the public there in early summer.

The Library Theatre Company will temporarily be based at Zion Arts, on Stretford Road, and stage regular performances at The Lowry.

Coun Mike Amesbury, Manchester's spokesman for culture and leisure, said: "We recognise that Manchester’s Central Library is one of the finest buildings in the city and one of the finest libraries in the country. This refurbishment and restoration is absolutely necessary to ensure that the Library can continue to be a jewel in Manchester’s crown."

Head of library services, Neil MacInnes, added: "When Central Library reopens, it will be a real world class facility that Manchester can rightly be proud of, completely in keeping with its history and heritage."

Members of Central Library can also use all other libraries in Manchester.

Timetable for Central Library closure:

* Feb 25: Archives service closes.
* Feb 27: Stack retrieval service for all departments ends. Language and Literature counter, and drop-in computers service, close – queries for the department will be answered by the Science and Humanities team. Main Central Issue Desk will also close, freeing staff to assist with packing and removal.
* April 1: All other service points close, except ground floor General Readers' Library.
* June 18: General Readers' Library closes.
* Late June: Temporary city library opens in Elliot House.
* July 4: Library Theatre closes.

That's interesting, man.

Lord Sidious
1st March 2011, 01:35
Wow! Now that is interesting, no doubt.
Thanks for posting it.

ThePythonicCow
1st March 2011, 01:43
Wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier just to send the items to a rented warehouse?

(In other words, that they chose a salt mine instead is "interesting, no doubt", to quote Lord Sidious.)

witchy1
1st March 2011, 03:14
Why is there no "re-open date"?????

blueblood
1st March 2011, 03:15
This combined with the seed bank is very creepy.

Flash
1st March 2011, 03:21

And with FEMA in US ordering for millions of meals to be stored.

Dennis Leahy
1st March 2011, 03:33
ONE million books from Manchester's Central Library – including valuable volumes dating back to the 15th century - are to be put into temporarily storage with many going deep underground in the Cheshire salt mines.
A phased shut down of the St Peter's Square library will begin next month, with the site closing its doors in June.

Duncan O'Finioan:
"So, to say one more time. June 1st is it. After June 1st, Axe and i disappear.

More than half of the world population will cease to exist in the very near future. As we have stated before, things are about to hit the earth that defy explanation." (quoting from his blog, not Avalon)

Coincidence?

Dennis

ThePythonicCow
1st March 2011, 03:35
Coincidence?

So, is it scary because if we knew, it would really be scary, or is it scary because fearful people are easier to herd?

write4change
1st March 2011, 03:57
The British Society major astrophyscist just gave a big speech how everything about 2012 is total fiction and anything possible has been totally handled.

So you see, everybody can just rest in peace. At the end she gave a speech about the people who believe this have a need to be special and you cannot reach some people with rationality.

Lord Sidious
1st March 2011, 04:04
A phased shut down of the St Peter's Square library will begin next month, with the site closing its doors in June.

Duncan O'Finioan:
"So, to say one more time. June 1st is it. After June 1st, Axe and i disappear.

More than half of the world population will cease to exist in the very near future. As we have stated before, things are about to hit the earth that defy explanation." (quoting from his blog, not Avalon)

Coincidence?

Dennis

Very astute observation there Dennis.

Operator
1st March 2011, 04:09
Duncan O'Finioan:
"So, to say one more time. June 1st is it. After June 1st, Axe and i disappear."

disappear to where ? ...:confused:

Dennis Leahy
1st March 2011, 04:17
Coincidence?

So, is it scary because if we knew, it would really be scary, or is it scary because fearful people are easier to herd?

Yes, fearful people are certainly easier to herd, however, mainstream is quiet, and the Elite and/or blackops military are utterly silent (about their underground bases), so it's not like they are herding anyone with this particular fear. This appears more to be something they fear, and are preparing for, and plan to leave the rest out to experience the "event."

Since I have no fear of death, why should I care? Well, protecting loved ones is my foremost reason. So, I'll keep a sharp ear and eye, and try to figure out if 1.) something is going to happen and 2.) can I do diddly squat about protecting loved ones from it.

I am 100% distrustful of the Global Rulers or Global Elite (whatever you prefer to call them), and my own government as well. I sense something big, something ominous (and that began manifesting months ago - before I had ever heard of DUMB bases, or paid any attention to blackops whistleblowers.) If it is a destructive cosmic event, well, since I'll be weeding in my garden rather than a mile underground, I guess I feel sorta like Major Kong at the end of Dr. Strangelove. But if it is a man-made event, then I want to be part of the force of the energy that thwarts their plan and we all live happily ever after. Actually, that sounds a lot more fun to me.

Dennis

Snowbird
1st March 2011, 04:29
We will never again see or hear of those books. They are being archived. And, I can well imagine that many of the books from the Vatican library are headed for the same storage fate. Our true history is being stored in underground vaults.

I have heard several times from several prominent speakers that when people go underground to attempt survival, many of these will not survive the energy changes and those who are left will be chipped.

raparee
1st March 2011, 04:39
Thank you Moemers for this info, seems something is definitely brewing. As Charles states the elite put all the info out there Pprofessor James mc Canney who has self published books and dvds on upcoming weather anomalies and a looming food crisis is currently advising all his listeners on his weekly radio show to make some preparations. This is a world renowned physicist who has been hounded and demonized by the establishment which in my book gives him extra credibility

Darla Ken Pearce
1st March 2011, 04:50
Mother Gaia is going to just "pop" those people and those bases out. Our Earth is a living entity who will rid herself of all the darkness and cleanse it away. I wouldn't be hiding underground whether I had the chance to or not. If you were from the light it might be different but those underground bases have been used for darkness and as a result are not safe ~ no matter how extensive the supplies stockpiled there. xoxox

FearNot
1st March 2011, 05:52

sandy
1st March 2011, 06:04
[QUOTE=Moemers;160016]http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1190824_a_million_library_books_to_be_sent_down_the_mines

One more deep bunker operation???

Wub
1st March 2011, 06:26
The salt mines were used to store national treasures during the bombing raids of WW2 and I've seen an exhibition, in Manchester, with photographic displays and an accompanying narrative explaining all of this.

The library project is what it says it is.

astrid
1st March 2011, 06:35
I saw this article when it first came out, its from January 29, 2010.

Nonetheless , curious indeed....

It does make u wonder what the "looking glass" technology told them/ is telling them.

But, it's also worth considering that this info is all based on probabilities and possibilities.

The time lines can be changed,

and in fact may have already changed....

Darla Ken Pearce
1st March 2011, 12:59
Many good thoughts have been shared here. Timelines have changed and we know and can feel the truth of it. For those in power, they are being overcome with fear themselves. All the old ways have fallen and are to be no more. This means their reign of fear and terror has ended over us. So now that the prison doors have opened ~ who has the courage to come forth into the full light of a new day?

Everything has changed, we do not realize what it means for our future. A last residue of fear has been left to overcome. All of the old ways of secrecy ~ including these British records and especially the Vatican treasures ~ these have never been available to any of us since the burning of the library at Alexandria. What treasures exist, we have no real knowledge of but one thing is certain ~ the new Earth will open up her treasures, and the records of Alexandria will be restored; they belong to all and have not been lost.

The days of separation, secrecy, dark deeds that do not see the light of day ~ are over. The Age of Enlightenment has begun in earnest.

We are ascending out of duality. Many of us are aware that the Crystals of the Earth have been reactivated. Some of your great anticipation comes from these activations. These huge Crystals played a beneficial role in creating health and abundance in Atlantis but when destruction of that civilization was at hand ~ Sirians ~ hid them away so they could not be further abused ~ as had been done ending Atlantis. As each of these tremendous storehouses of crystals come online and into the new energy grid of light, even greater powers are given to the Light which now prevails over the whole of the Earth ~ no matter how it may appear to be otherwise.

When you see things darkly and it's sure easy if you are watching the news ~ go into your personal "attitude adjustment chamber of your heart" and linger there awhile.

Due to the law of Potentialities and Possibilities and with the elimination of duality ~ even those of the dark are free to make a different choice and it is to the benefit of all ~ should they find the ability to choose light rather than dark.

Imagine the crystals that lay underneath huge areas; recent ones coming online were in Brazil and Arkansas ~ imagine their influence over all those underground bases reverberating over the Earth :-O ~ As far as the Earth and we are concerned there is always a self-correcting blessing and gift that comes with being and living and becoming ever more loving beings ~ who have been able through many incarnations to choose light and sweet things over darkness and destruction. And so we are assembled here and now.

There is no real question about which can continue going forth into the light of a brand new day. It's a choice. It may not be the choice of those who huddle in underground bunkers to survive. We each need to step into our great, "I AM" presence and go forth in unity into the light and not hide from it ~ we stand on the brink of the greatest healing.

Just as our own bodies can and do have the power to heal themselves ~ and overcome any illness or dis-ease ~ with the Crystal Activations and the Solar Winds gifting us with pure Adamantine Particles ~ we are choosing whether to welcome them or hide from the light as it is bestowed upon all of us without discrimination.

Be open to these changes. Fear is the tool used to enslave us for 13 million years. We have overcome it enough to qualify for Divine Intervention which is what has brought the Crystals of the Earth to life again, and the Sirians and many other Celestial beings into the skies above to assist Earth and us to ascend. And all are blessing us ~ this very moment.

Please know that this is true from within your own heart. Ask your higher power and guides about it and they will speak to your heart about these matters. When we use our energy to raise continuous doubts instead of opening our hearts to new truths being revealed and please know ~ each is a master ~ each is in the process of creating their own new galaxies gained from all the work we've done inside ourselves.

Do you know that each and every cell of your body is a galaxy? Do you know that for every being on Earth, they each represent numerous galaxies, too. Do you know that if you harm one being on Earth ~ it has a replica cell within your own body? If you harm one of them outwardly, the damage is reflected in your own body? This is so. How do you think the Universe has grown so huge, so quickly? We each have so much power, we have witnessed the abuse from all sides of the spectrum. We seem to lack the courage to stand in our own light and love and remember all that we are. We can change this easily, too. There is so much help all around us, if we have eyes to see.

Realize that each one of us came as potential Lightworkers and World Servers. No one thought it was possible that we could achieve what we have here on Earth. We've been greatly tested. We've suffered from many hardships. And although we may not remember it, we have played both dark and light roles, to gain our "knowing" which is forthcoming now reflected as our "being" and going forth to shine our light in unity and service for the betterment of all beings and Mother Gaia. She has provided the opportunity for so much growth and development and great successes.

If we can't see that this is so, we can and will need to change our perspective and align ourselves once again with the light of the New Day and New Earth that is dawning. And all our hearts are required at this time ~ to ask for and be granted ~ the desires of our hearts. Ask and it is given. You cannot possibly imagine the glorious reunions and celebrations that are so close now, we can touch them. What was thought to be impossible, has been done! And so it is... xoxox

P.S. Please forgive me for the length of my response. I tend to get carried away easily; )

Wub
1st March 2011, 13:11
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/faqs/faq/17714/where_has_the_stock_gone_what_safeguards_are_in_place_for_careful_handling_what_security_for_archive s_and_treasures

Check out the link.....!

felixq78
1st March 2011, 13:22
Ha Ha I like your reference to Major Kong, Where's Major Long ? EEEEEEEhaaah ! What a classic. I have that DVD and watch it occasionally. It may be a comedy but I fear it contains more truth than fiction.
Personally I'd rather die on the surface than be stuck underground for the rest of my life with those lunatics, just hope it's quick.

Wub
1st March 2011, 13:26
What ????!!!!

Open your eyes
1st March 2011, 13:44
Thankyou darla ken jensen.

You have such a positive and brightfull outlook on all things

Inspirational. Thanks Alex

GlassSteagallfan
1st March 2011, 15:36
Mother Gaia is going to just "pop" those people and those bases out. Our Earth is a living entity who will rid herself of all the darkness and cleanse it away. I wouldn't be hiding underground whether I had the chance to or not. If you were from the light it might be different but those underground bases have been used for darkness and as a result are not safe ~ no matter how extensive the supplies stockpiled there. xoxox

You are beautiful, Darla...I love your sense of hope

I too, will be weeding the garden

GlassSteagallfan
1st March 2011, 15:42
......I'd rather die on the surface than be stuck underground for the rest of my life with those lunatics, just hope it's quick.

....yeah, ummm, pick that tomato too, its looks ripe..... HEY, look metorites coming.....

....................................................****SPLAT****................................... .............

Don't have to worry about that speeding ticket anymore

HURRITT ENYETO
1st March 2011, 16:11
The salt mines were used to store national treasures during the bombing raids of WW2 and I've seen an exhibition, in Manchester, with photographic displays and an accompanying narrative explaining all of this.

The library project is what it says it is.

My thoughts exactly.
Why use a warehouse when you already have an in use asset such as the salt mines. These mines have the perfect conditions to store these rare books. Imagine how much it would cost for a climate control system and it still wouldn't match the Salt mines.

I heard about this a long time ago and really doubt there is anything nefarious about it.

The Library Theatre Company will temporarily be based at Zion Arts, on Stretford Road

Cool, I worked on the refurbishment project of The Zion Arts Center! When you walk in in looks like the back of a giant wooden ship. :)

HURRITT ENYETO
1st March 2011, 16:23
Ha Ha I like your reference to Major Kong, Where's Major Long ? EEEEEEEhaaah ! What a classic. I have that DVD and watch it occasionally. It may be a comedy but I fear it contains more truth than fiction.
Personally I'd rather die on the surface than be stuck underground for the rest of my life with those lunatics, just hope it's quick.

Well they have built their tombs let them lie in them.
There was a study done to gauge the effects of people being totally cut off from the surface world, the results weren't good, they all went insane.

Just imagine if you are insane on the way in :)
Oh boy......

raparee
1st March 2011, 17:44
Point taken Wub, however I am trying to to understand why they would chose salt mines to store books and manuscripts, when every time you see documentaries on storing valuable books , parchments, scrolls etc a modern technology moisture controlled environment is desirable. Ever try to dry your clothes after being in salt water? A salt environment is one of the most harshest on paper, books, have you ever handled a book that has been in a locker of a sailboat for a few months? Storing treasures in WW2 from bombs makes sense, but today, I don.t know, feels like an insult to our intelligence. Why dont they take them down to their bunkers and begin reading about the wonderful world we had, as mother nature in her cleansing mode takes her rertrbution.

crosby
1st March 2011, 18:03
We will never again see or hear of those books. They are being archived. And, I can well imagine that many of the books from the Vatican library are headed for the same storage fate. Our true history is being stored in underground vaults.

I have heard several times from several prominent speakers that when people go underground to attempt survival, many of these will not survive the energy changes and those who are left will be chipped.

if we start to see similar stories regarding other libraries, we will know it too be true. i hope to God it's not.
regards, corson

Maria Stade
1st March 2011, 18:19
They can hide the books because we are the living knowledge and as humanity awaken the truth will surface again.

I have a feeling that they are hiding the books because the coming earth changes.

Namaste

indexanimasermo
1st March 2011, 20:45
I am bookmarking this. I feel this is significant. Just like the heirloom seeds. What do they know that we don't?

Lord Sidious
1st March 2011, 20:51
I am bookmarking this. I feel this is significant. Just like the heirloom seeds. What do they know that we don't?

Sol's binary twin, a brown dwarf which probably has nibiru in orbit around it is inbound even as you read these words.

Flash
1st March 2011, 21:03

if we start to see similar stories regarding other libraries, we will know it too be true. i hope to God it's not.
regards, corson

Well well well. You are quite right. Here comes the Vatican's library in the New York Times. This was 3 years ago. Anyone has heard anything about the books being back up???
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/arts/design/23libr.html

Feren
2nd March 2011, 03:40
If we can't see that this is so, we can and will need to change our perspective and align ourselves once again with the light of the New Day and New Earth that is dawning. And all our hearts are required at this time ~ to ask for and be granted ~ the desires of our hearts. Ask and it is given. You cannot possibly imagine the glorious reunions and celebrations that are so close now, we can touch them. What was thought to be impossible, has been done! And so it is... xoxox

I agree with you, Darla. In my opinion there's no question that a new day is dawning. I can feel it: Earth is healing and setting itself free from the disease. Certainly we must and need to align with this healing if we want to survive.

Eventhough, I strongly believe that it doesn't just happen. I'm not putting those words in your mouth, but it is something that must be remarked. Many people believe that they only have to wait until the "shift of consciousness" happens. Everyone uf us has to make a conscious effort to overcome ourselves. This new health comes with awareness.

Even is someone burned all the books, NOTHING CAN STOP THE WILL OF SOMEONE WHO IS COMMITED TO SELF OVERCOMING. AwarenesS, as I call this will, is related to realizing that WE ARE POWERFUL and we can rule ourselves better than the old systems of values and political structures.

edina
28th July 2015, 17:20
I was curious if this library had indeed re-opened when the OP article said it would.

It re-opened 22 March 2014 http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/21/manchester-central-library-reopens-50m-pound-revamp

shadowstalker
28th July 2015, 17:33
Wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier just to send the items to a rented warehouse?

(In other words, that they chose a salt mine instead is "interesting, no doubt", to quote Lord Sidious.)

A climate controlled warehouse would cost them money and the odd of the warehouse catching fire are high when you really think about it, at least better to have them sequestered underground then a potential arson like with the burning of the MK Altra papers.

ThePythonicCow
28th July 2015, 17:36

A climate controlled warehouse would cost them money and the odd of the warehouse catching fire are high when you really think about it, at least better to have them sequestered underground then a potential arson like with the burning of the MK Altra papers.
Good point, shadowstalker (wow - old thread!)

shadowstalker
28th July 2015, 20:21

Good point, shadowstalker (wow - old thread!)

ya it is an old thread . lol I never look at the dates on these darn things but hey, apparently still relevant.

Lost N Found
29th July 2015, 21:16
Now just the title of this thread reminds me of two movies that I have seen in the past. The Latest would be "The Giver" and the old one would be "Farenheight 451" Not sure how that was spelled but I am sure most of you have seen that movie. There are other references to this kind of thing in our society. So my main question would be why?

Rocky_Shorz
30th July 2015, 00:31

the Cube that just entered from another space time dimension, was reported as Nordics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-PaHI10hXE

Maybe the queen is allowing them to study everything that was destroyed between now and whenever they came from...

to them it is like having access to the original dead sea scrolls before they were aged/damaged...

noxon medem
30th July 2015, 02:23
- to the "conspiracy story" :

Some of the more "valuable" books were copied and/or lifted
from this enormous collection/library of central books, stored
out of sight of the general public, for some time, enough to ...

Just ideas and assosciations ..

Be well .

n