PDA

View Full Version : Places to reflect

Sir Eltor
1st March 2011, 08:22
Just came across a wonderful memmory.

14 years ago I lived off an ocean's coast with plenty of forest , somewhat secluded.
The odd night I would go for a walk by myself , off trail and into the thickness of the woods.

With no lights I'd find a place to think. First, I would stay silent and just stare into the darknese and listen. The sensation of hearing the Earth was so powerful and beautiful.

I'd ask the questions , " what are we " " who are we " " why are we " and so on. I'd get shivers and feel like all the answers were right there on the tip of our :p

I still do, more than ever. Then patience fell my mind . Just sayin' that i've gained so much perspective from doing something so simple.

Anyone else with a special spot?

thanx 4 listening

Elton

Lumial8
1st March 2011, 11:24

14 years ago I lived off an ocean's coast with plenty of forest , somewhat secluded.
The odd night I would go for a walk by myself , off trail and into the thickness of the woods.

With no lights I'd find a place to think. First, I would stay silent and just stare into the darknese and listen. The sensation of hearing the Earth was so powerful and beautiful.

I'd ask the questions , " what are we " " who are we " " why are we " and so on. I'd get shivers and feel like all the answers were right there on the tip of our :p

I still do, more than ever. Then patience fell my mind . Just sayin' that i've gained so much perspective from doing something so simple.

thanx 4 listening

Elton

Dear Sir Eltor/Elton

Thank you so much for this beautiful post.

Just before I found your post, I glanced at the clock 11:11 - now, i see this all the time and the other numbers, but this time, I got a real tingle - very electric in my upper body and top of head and I knew I was about to read something very important to me...so I loosely focused and let my fingers click until 'the' post showed up - I don't know how I got here but your post is where I landed up... thanks again.

You have remonded me how important it is to find a spot in Nature that supports our growth and limitlessness and what riches contemplation can bring us.

I live on the coast and may be moving inland a little near some woods - a beautiful spot with secret corners and amazing trees - away from the town lights - you have just made me even more excited about that possibility and helped me to reinforce a decision about moving to this particular house - so thank you for that too.

The answers are 'there' for me - all I need to do is get rid of my so-called 'distractions'.

A friendly and wise old tree, an indigo sky pregnant with stars, and a river rushing over stones close by are all waiting for me to join them in asking, then listening.

Bless you for your beauty.
:wave:

jjl
2nd March 2011, 12:29
believe it or not, my favorite place is a cemetary. No body bothers me there. jj

Sir Eltor
2nd March 2011, 22:14
believe it or not, my favorite place is a cemetary. No body bothers me there. jj

Right on , thinks i'll give er a try:eek:

crosby
2nd March 2011, 23:43

thanx 4 listening

Elton

way back, when i could afford to go on vacation, i used to walk and sit by the ocean at night. the crashing waves, salty sea air and the stars were very comforting too me. i don't think i ever had any internal epiphanies, but it was soothing and reassuring. later on, when i couldn't afford to go too the beach, i sat in my back yard by the above-ground pool listening to the sound of the filter pump running, smelling chlorine and looking at the stars. it gave me the same feeling. i learned at that time that i didn't need to be at the ocean, that i had the same feeling of reassurance and comfort in my own back yard. it made me happy.
regards, corson