PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Outloud

W.C.
2nd March 2011, 09:40
'Only a fool requires an important moment of change to look like one.'

Whilst said only in passing, I think the being that said this was one that one might honestly consider contemplating.

W.C.
4th March 2011, 00:22
In these times of strife, of rebellion, of wars and debate; each man, each woman holds a responsibility to their fellow. An unsaid responsibility of camaraderie and good will to the community in which we each reside.

In our anarchical structure, we have individually shown our colours. Our colours of bond and of friendship, of support for our fellows; which, in itself stands as an exemplary example of working anarchy and camaraderie in action - and whilst our adversaries are great both in intellect and in rhetoric, great in numbers and in might; we, the voluntarily segregated honest members of these good communities, we fight nonetheless.

Already drawn into battle on numerous fronts - in the education and food wars of which we are vastly out-propagandised, and in the constantly recurring battles of rights - We stand now, against the greatest tyranny we have faced. A tyranny of hypocritical structures and laws; of open domination and structural mob rule. We, the individuals of good Earth fight; we fight against the unyielding force of the they who covet and corrupt power, nonetheless.

And down these dark roads of epic battles, of tremendous conflict; of honour, of victory and of chaos; our humble community shall not falter, we shall not retreat; we shall never, never, never, surrender. We can take it. We will fight back. We shall continue on. And we shall continue on to the end, to the new beginning, and to victory! To victory, in spite of the insurmountable odds! ...For without victory, there is no survival.

I've just been made member. It is a pleasure to join you.

aikya
4th March 2011, 00:26
Welcome! :)

DeDukshyn
4th March 2011, 00:38

Whilst said only in passing, I think the being that said this was one that one might honestly consider contemplating.

Brilliant! who wrote that? That says so much in so few words ....

W.C.
4th March 2011, 00:45

Brilliant! who wrote that? That says so much in so few words ....

...in my understanding, it was the Green One.

W.C.
4th March 2011, 01:59
It may seem a little archaic responding 'the Green One', but in my understanding, language has been perverted with the corruption of education. Old words and writings are usually the best (which I'll likely expand on to discuss a little later).

On the Green One, let me save some legwork, and possibly spur some further interest in the figure in a new thread at some point. To begin, the 'Green One' is the English translation of the Arabic name Al-Khiḍr, which is also written as Khidr, Khidar, Khizr, Khizar (to help research if one is so inclined). Al-Khidr is said to be a servant of God(s), the teacher to the prophets, who possessed a vast mystic knowledge.

Accounts of Al-Khidr spread from Moses to Muhammad, with some far more recent than even that. I place him as a rather important figure in this all, and if he is not a part of the 33, he is just as important, but here for another purpose.

W.C.
4th March 2011, 04:11
'In all fighting, the direct method may be used for joining battle, but indirect methods will be needed in order to secure victory.'
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

...Al-Khidr fit's this description quite well I would think. What victory is to him, I wonder. His acts are so intriguing and strikingly in line with some comments Charles made.

buffski
4th March 2011, 06:37
ah welcome W.C...your 'services' are most needed :)
Was it not the Sufi mystic Ibn Arabi or was it Suhrawardi, my memory is somewhat addled, who met with the Green One?
I do hope that this discussion will unite those wonderfully unexplored playgrounds of the mundus imaginalis and the elusiveness of rAndom congress.
I will join the fray later, after my waking day job has been fulfilled.
Excited? You bet!

buffski
4th March 2011, 19:46
W.C...again, I thank you for bringing such an 'interesting' slant to the topic of combat, Charles, and our anarchic community.
As a starter for further discussion, would you be able to expand on how you see the figure of Al-Khidr in relation to the comments made by Charles?
You say of Al-Khidr, 'I place him as a rather important figure in this all, and if he is not a part of the 33, he is just as important, but here for another purpose.' What purpose and in what guise?

Thanks in advance

Buffski

firstlook
4th March 2011, 20:03
'In all fighting, the direct method may be used for joining battle, but indirect methods will be needed in order to secure victory.'
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

...Al-Khidr fit's this description quite well I would think. What victory is to him, I wonder. His acts are so intriguing and strikingly in line with some comments Charles made.

http://hans.wyrdweb.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/three-faces-of-Shiva.jpg

Maybe the question is how to respond to all types of stimulation. How to benefit from everything.

Welcome to the forum W.C.

I am enjoying your posts very much so.

:)

W.C.
5th March 2011, 00:07
buffski, firstlook -- thank you for the kind words.

It was Ibn Arabi who was said to have learned from Khidr, though I've also read that Soharwardi had the opportunity to accompany Khidr at some point.

Khidr acted with 'a mystic knowledge' not of man, which made it difficult for even the highest of 'prophets' to understand his actions. It is I imagine, why Moses was unable to refrain from questioning Khidr despite knowing that they would part ways should he do so.

I believe I'll start a new thread on Khidr shortly, perhaps not today, being my date of nativity my focus is a little sidetracked, but I will see how quickly I can get a few things together.

Teakai
5th March 2011, 01:02

This makes me think of Clif High's tipping point.

Nice to meet you W.C :)