PDA

View Full Version : Double Helix and Ancient Greece

Circe
2nd March 2011, 09:43
As many others do I have psychic dreams, precognitive or just personal messages from loved ones. Last night I had a very strong image put in front of eyes whilst in dream state, the words DOUBLE HELIX and ANCIENT GREECE and also a voice saying "It started in Ancient Greece".What started? I do not know.

I am no Historian nor Scientist so I am no expert on any of the subjects mentioned in fact "I know nothing" as Manuel often said. I could stroll the internet and gather information on a possible connection between the double Helix and Ancient Greece but I'd like to see what you guys think of this possible connection between the Double Helix and Ancient Greece.

Obviously it could be all tosh but it was a very strong dream,very clear and audible.I have broad shoulders so I can take honesty.So I'll throw the question out,any ideas or thoughts on the possible connection between the two?

Double Helix
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/DNA_orbit_animated_static_thumb.png/200px-DNA_orbit_animated_static_thumb.png
In molecular biology, the term double helix[1] refers to the structure formed by double-stranded molecules of nucleic acids such as DNA and RNA. The double helical structure of a nucleic acid complex arises as a consequence of its secondary structure, and is a fundamental component in determining its tertiary structure. The term entered popular culture with the publication in 1968 of The Double Helix: A Personal Account of the Discovery of the Structure of DNA, by James Watson.
The DNA double helix is a spiral polymer of nucleic acids, held together by nucleotides which base pair together.[2] In B-DNA, the most common double helical structure, the double helix is right-handed with about 1010.5 nucleotides per turn.[3] The double helix structure of DNA contains a major groove and minor groove, the major groove being wider than the minor groove.[2] Given the difference in widths of the major groove and minor groove, many proteins which bind to DNA do so through the wider major groove.[4]
The double-helix model of DNA structure was first published in the journal Nature by James D. Watson and Francis Crick in 1953[5], based upon the crucial X-ray diffraction image of DNA labeled as "Photo 51", from Rosalind Franklin in 1952[6], followed by her more clarified DNA image with Raymond Gosling[7][8], Maurice Wilkins, Alexander Stokes, and Herbert Wilson[9], as well as base-pairing chemical and biochemical information by Erwin Chargaff[10][11][12][13][14][15]. The previous model was triple-stranded DNA.
Crick, Wilkins, and Watson each received one third of the 1962 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their contributions to the discovery.[16] (Franklin, whose breakthrough X-ray diffraction data was used to formulate the DNA structure, died in 1958, and thus was ineligible to be nominated for a Nobel Prize.)
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleic_acid_double_helix#History

Ancient Greece
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Parthenon_from_west.jpg/300px-Parthenon_from_west.jpg
Ancient Greece is the civilization belonging to the period of Greek history lasting from the Archaic period of the 8th to 6th centuries BC to 146 BC and the Roman conquest of Greece after the Battle of Corinth. At the center of this time period is Classical Greece, which flourished during the 5th to 4th centuries BC, at first under Athenian leadership successfully repelling the military threat of Persian invasion. The Athenian Golden Age ends with the defeat of Athens at the hands of Sparta in the Peloponnesian War in 404 BC. Following the conquests of Alexander the Great, Hellenistic civilization flourished from Central Asia to the western end of the Mediterranean Sea.
Classical Greek culture had a powerful influence on the Roman Empire, which carried a version of it to many parts of the Mediterranean region and Europe, for which reason Classical Greece is generally considered to be the seminal culture which provided the foundation of Western civilization.[1][2][3]

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greece

Ruby L.
2nd March 2011, 10:16
Hi Circe-

I can't respond to your thread with any great knowledge as I'm only in my baby steps where all that's concerned. But, as I read your post, I immediately thought of Irishspirit's thread, Anunnaki blood, and the video he posted in it.

The video is a bit cheesily done, but still interesting anyway. There's a segment in it focusing on Greek gods as the creator of modern man-- perhaps there's something in it that'll help trigger more for you?

This is the link (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?15293-Anunnaki-Blood&highlight=anunnaki+blood)

Also, read what others have written in their response posts... there may be some clues and pointers as to where to start.

Etherios
2nd March 2011, 10:55
Well as in all ancient civilizations our modern historians categorize all we shouldnt know as mythology and folklore. In our mythology god were meeting people face to face. They were giving advises, orders, technologies ... they were not like now days gods that never give a sign of anything. They were present and their impact was felt all the time. The ancient knowledge is "lost" and just to give you an example of how was it lost ... the library of Alexandria (build by Greeks) was burned down 2 times. Can you imagine how many thousands of "books" of those times were lost? its not like they had backups right?

Anyway i never found anything about the double helix in ancient greek mythology/surviving texts but i am no expert on this. There are other things that have been reported but ofc all outside mass media. We are all in speculation area and not much solid proof of anything.

Circe
2nd March 2011, 12:11
Hi Circe-

I can't respond to your thread with any great knowledge as I'm only in my baby steps where all that's concerned. But, as I read your post, I immediately thought of Irishspirit's thread, Anunnaki blood, and the video he posted in it.

The video is a bit cheesily done, but still interesting anyway. There's a segment in it focusing on Greek gods as the creator of modern man-- perhaps there's something in it that'll help trigger more for you?

This is the link (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?15293-Anunnaki-Blood&highlight=anunnaki+blood)

Also, read what others have written in their response posts... there may be some clues and pointers as to where to start.

Oh thanks, I'll check out that video sometime today, cheers.

=[Post Update]=

Well as in all ancient civilizations our modern historians categorize all we shouldnt know as mythology and folklore. In our mythology god were meeting people face to face. They were giving advises, orders, technologies ... they were not like now days gods that never give a sign of anything. They were present and their impact was felt all the time. The ancient knowledge is "lost" and just to give you an example of how was it lost ... the library of Alexandria (build by Greeks) was burned down 2 times. Can you imagine how many thousands of "books" of those times were lost? its not like they had backups right?

Anyway i never found anything about the double helix in ancient greek mythology/surviving texts but i am no expert on this. There are other things that have been reported but ofc all outside mass media. We are all in speculation area and not much solid proof of anything.

Thanks for your input, its very much appreciated.

the_flyingboy
2nd March 2011, 13:29
hi Circe well i'll try to help even though i have no clue about genetics or DNA stuff,i have a few friends back in Greece which they still have our ancient beliefs meaning by they still believe in the 12 gods and traditions the things they have told me i'm not sure if it will help you but i hope its a start.On my back i have a tattoo which is seen only on the throne room of king Minos,on top of my neck i have a symbol which you'll find there aswell

[URL="http://www.historywiz.com/throneroomknossos.htm"]

its called the backwards E's from what they have told me it represents the Greek gene called EY gonos or EY gene in english.Its a gene from what they say only original greeks have,i dont know what that gene does or what its function is but till now its still in a sleep mode thing,and something else they told me about the symbol i dont know if its true or not since i have no idea how a DNA stand looks like but if you get the symbol (the 2 backward E's) and join more of them together and more and more and give it a twist it looks like a DNA strand have a look at the link i gave to see the symbol and you'll get what i mean... hope it helped you a bit.

Circe
2nd March 2011, 16:31
That is interesting, when you say the backwards E represents the Greek gene called EY gonos or EY gene in English do you mean this Greek gene discussion was only spoken about in the present day (modern day) or were they actually discussing this EY Gonos (The Greek Gene) in ancient Greece? now that would be interesting.
Thanks for that the_flyingboy.

Circe
2nd March 2011, 19:46
Thanks fro the video link below.I have just watched it.
Around 3:50 in the video it says.

Sumerian clay Tablets found in Iraq in the 1800's state The God who genetically enginered the Human race was Enki the greeks called him Poseidon his symbol was two entwined serpents representing the double helix.

http://www.survive2012.com/imagesb/dna4.gif

Maybe we are getting somewhere now...

Hi Circe-

Lost Soul
2nd March 2011, 20:03
If it started in Ancient Greece, it was not the Greece of Alcibades, Pericles, Themosticles, Socrates, Plato, Thucydides or even Solon. It probably pre-dates Solon.

Circe
2nd March 2011, 20:11
If it started in Ancient Greece, it was not the Greece of Alcibades, Pericles, Themosticles, Socrates, Plato, Thucydides or even Solon. It probably pre-dates Solon.

I bow to your superior knowledge on this, I have no idea about ancient Greece nor the double Helix. Thanks for your input.

Etherios
2nd March 2011, 22:39

Ok let me tell you a small story about Greece.

We are tought in school that the Greek nation/People came from the north (euroasia something...) at around 2.5-3k bc. In just 500 years we had "killed off" all the native popoulations and we were sooo many that we immigrated to the other side of Aegean to troia and the rest. Now if you believe we managed to breed like rabbits and kill off "someone" that we dont know who or where or what and then went off then ok i have a bridge to sell you ...

Anyway the official story is this and the known Ancient Greek civilization (that we are tought in schools) was around 1kbc to Crist. Solon - Socrates were just a few hundred years before the Romans/Crist etc. So you see there a huge time gaps that are covered in beliefs alone and no facts.

To continue with this ... the last 5 years we have discovered sites in north Greece that dated to 7-7.5k BC. For example the best finding was a "settlement" that had some kind of shipyard and on a warehouse of that shipyard they found clays with some kind of seals with letters on them. The archeologist that discovered these said that they can only be some kind of "customs" seal for inspected or stored goods. This is 7k+ BC we are talking about, so IF we did come from the north some 3-4k years later can you expect a nomad tribe that came from the mountains could kill off a civilization that had shipyards and customs? And all this in just a few hundred years leaving nothing behind? There are more to this and i dont remember the name of that place but OFC i think they closed down the excavation for future use or something. Remember that what Platon/Solon wrote about atlantis were timed to be 10-15k BC.

Circe you have to understand History is Lost. What they teach us is ... lies and half truths. Oh i just remembered in 1997 i think some archeologist found a pyramid in middle Greece i think right next to one of the first Greek kindoms and from some early datings he did it was 2-3k older than Egypt pyramids. The named he found there were about the founders of that kindom and we know about them in mythology (but i thought it was all a legend right?) Do you know what we did to that pyramid? We droped cement on the entrances and moved the archeologist to some other site far away.

There are soo much more that its just sad when you think about it.

str8thinker
3rd March 2011, 06:19
Here are some links to ancient Greek pyramids. The word pyramid itself comes from the Greek "πυραμίς" pyramis.

http://www.european-pyramids.eu/wb/pages/european-pyramids/greece.php
http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/mysteries/pyramid/greekpyramids.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCcjW7m8w0w

sdafnom
3rd March 2011, 10:44
Hello Circe,

This is the symbol of Hermes not Poseidon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

According to mythology:
Hermes (Mercury in Roman) was the intermediary (messenger) delivering God's will to men.
He was the teacher of Asclepius, father of medicine.

The original Hippocratic Oath began with the invocation "I swear by Apollo the Physician and by Asclepius and by Hygieia and Panacea and by all the gods ..."

Interesting Myth (from the above Link):

The Homeric hymn to Hermes relates how Hermes offered his lyre fashioned from a tortoise shell as compensation for the cattle he stole from Apollo. Apollo in return gave Hermes the caduceus as a gesture of friendship.

The association with the serpent thus connects Hermes to Apollo, as later the serpent was associated with Asclepius, the "son of Apollo".

The association of Apollo with the serpent is a continuation of the older Indo-European dragon-slayer motif. Wilhelm Heinrich Roscher (1913) pointed out that the serpent as an attribute of both Hermes and Asclepius is a variant of the "pre-historic semi-chthonic serpent hero known at Delphi as Python", who in classical mythology is slain by Apollo.

One Greek myth of origin of the caduceus is part of the story of Tiresias, who found two snakes copulating and killed the female with his staff. Tiresias was immediately turned into a woman, and so remained until he was able to repeat the act with the male snake seven years later. This staff later came in to the possession of the god Hermes, along with its transformative powers.

A thought:
Hermes, (made of mercury - shape-shifter) holds the Caduceus given to him by Apollo, which depicts the serpent (annunaki) tampering with DNA (double helix - two snakes).
Apollo slain the Snake/Dragon, (can represent the deportation of Annunaki), passed down to the family line, the knowledge he possessed, which later became the medical profession.
There is a lot more symbolism into the Caduceus. I'll try to find some info and post it here.

I think the connection you saw, refers to (as Etherios notes: not in the Classical period of Ancient Greece), a much earlier period when Greeks who possessed the "old" knowledge decided to "release" it outside the strict mystical circles (or priesthoods), on to a larger audience (schools) by cultivating it as science.

Stavros

Thanks fro the video link below.I have just watched it.
Around 3:50 in the video it says.

Sumerian clay Tablets found in Iraq in the 1800's state The God who genetically enginered the Human race was Enki the greeks called him Poseidon his symbol was two entwined serpents representing the double helix.

http://www.survive2012.com/imagesb/dna4.gif

Maybe we are getting somewhere now...

Hi Circe-

Circe
3rd March 2011, 11:06
@ Etherios I really do understand that history (his- story) as we know it and taught in schools through out the World is incorrect.We (the general population) are kept in ignorance. IMHO.

Thanks for all your input, its all very interesting to say the least.

mrmalco
3rd March 2011, 11:29
The fundamental forms of the DNA were explored in ancient Greece. The figure of Pythagoras, while coming long after the roots of that culture, is a point where we can find the knowledge of the pentagon and the hexagon. The pentagon is basically the nitrogens (proteins) of the DNA; the hexagon is basically the carbons (sugars). The spiral form (as a route upwards - or where-everwards - on the time conic) was known from who-knows-when. It's to be found everywhere. Viewed from above the DNA is a decagon.
Books on Sacred Geometry by Keith Critchlow (Time Stands Still), Robert Lawlor (Sacred Geometry), Ardalan and Bakhtiar (Sense of Unity) and much else, including my own: Patterns of Eternity, will fill in info about the history of the geometric structures that were found to be the structure of our own inner program. The books are all out there on Avalon.

Was actual genetic info around? Well there's some inferential evidence that there was enough knowledge to manipulate ... just exactly if and who ... there's plenty of theories.

No one truly knows about the culture (cultures? probably) that predated the ice age. We can see some stuff that's still around. There's a whole lot hidden by people with an investment in the scholarly (!) status quo. And a whole lot under the sea - its was 300 foot or so lower before the big melt and one or two events that were probably big comet hits that temporarily swamped continents (an impact in an ocean site with a depth of e.g. 2 km, sets up a Tsunami of that height! And that's just the first wave. No wonder there are land-locked salt water lakes dotted around the planet.

If you start to put together the evidence and best-bet stuff on 'prehistory' it's a fascinating study. Good luck and enjoy.

Nothing's as much fun as researching for yourself. Follow the hare.

Circe
3rd March 2011, 13:16
Thanks for the post MrMalco, some interesting points you make there. I am indeed following the Hare.

str8thinker
3rd March 2011, 13:24
(MrMalco) The pentagon is basically the nitrogens (proteins) of the DNA; the hexagon is basically the carbons (sugars).

Very interesting, but difficult to visualize. Would you be able to post an image or two displaying this relationship, or else pointing us to a web page that does? Thanks.

Lost Soul
3rd March 2011, 14:09
Ehterios - You're right about the huge gap in Greek history with a lot of legend or myth thrown in for good measure. After the Trojan War, the Greeks didn't return home but started rampaging through the Mediterranean. I think they were stopped at Egypt. Anyhow, soon after that Greek civilization declined. I wonder if some plague carried back by the conquering army or famine swept across the land, plunging the post-Homeric Greece into a dark age?

the_flyingboy
3rd March 2011, 15:31
from what i know Circe its been talked from ancient greece,and from what other things they told me is that ZEUS and POSEIDON are not really in good terms cause POSEIDON liked to do genetic experiments he created alot of monstrous things like the cyclops,mermaids...and more and ZEUS never liked that.About the greek gene thing they say that there are roughly 110.000.000 people on earth which are greeks due to the conquests they had but mostly it must of happend during Alexanders time when greece was all the way to India.......I would like to add something on this,every body at school has learnt that Alexander the great reached all the way to India but when i went with my wife to Sentosa Island in Singapore we went to the huge merlion statue they have there and we took a few pic's after that we went to the basement of the statue which they had a room just like a mini cinema and we sat and watched the story or to be more correct the history of singapore...to cut it short some time close to the end it said that the king of singapore never had a crown and a crown was given to him by Alexander the great and the crown came from the treasury of solomon which is why the their symbol is a merlion the lion part is to honor Alexander and the fish part represented singapore,so now we know that Alexander the great not on;y went to India but all the way to Singapore!!!

mrmalco
4th March 2011, 16:56
(MrMalco) The pentagon is basically the nitrogens (proteins) of the DNA; the hexagon is basically the carbons (sugars).

Very interesting, but difficult to visualize. Would you be able to post an image or two displaying this relationship, or else pointing us to a web page that does? Thanks.

If you look up DNA in google images you'll see lots of models. Any one with sufficient resolution will show, when magnified, that the whole thing's a lattice of Pentagons and Hexagons, there's also - so I'm told (but I can't remember the source) a sevenfold aspect to the spiral. It's downward view is cerainly decagonal. Got to go out now. I'll look in on this again later and see if I can post an image of two.