PDA

View Full Version : Blue Stork

Swami
26th April 2010, 10:14
Is it paint, is it food, is it frequency.....????

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=764

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/Dorpje-in-de-ban-van-blauwe-ooievaar/m1czl2rfh8h6

MorningSong
26th April 2010, 11:16
I saw this on the Italian news last week! I think that it is just beautiful!

I remember a few years ago, there were all those reports on albino animals like the mountain goat, the white buffalos, the white deer... My cats were even producing white kittens.

I had heard that it was because of the magnetic field but was never able to find any scientific evidence.

Maybe now were up to the blue level...whatever that might be.

(I wonder if I'll be seeing any blue kittens this year?) lol

bashi
26th April 2010, 14:05
I think its paint. Maybe accidentally on a trash dump or manmade.
The colour is only on the outer layer of the feathers. When the wind blows, you can see the white ones underneath.

Hiram
26th April 2010, 19:14
I don't place much stock in this to be honest...I'm sure just a coincidence....BUT.....

Honest as God...I live in San Francisco and was walking home the other day and saw a bright blue Pigeon. He was magnificent. I would not have believed it if someone told me...but there it was. Bright blue with RED tips on his wings. I didn't see him at a distance either...I walked right up to him before he flew away.

What funny is that it was so unbelievable that it occurred to me that he might have been a crossbred with one of the wild parakeets we have around here---but thats just madness isn't it? Genetically improbably, and quite possibly IMPOSSIBLE.

The truth is I can't explain it....and it wasn't paint, they were his/her beautiful feathers. A very special bird.

Does it mean anything? Might have been a spirit bird. Who knows. I am examining my life.

rosie
26th April 2010, 19:29
All very valid questions Swami!

When I first saw this picture, then video, my first reaction was "isn't he beautiful", then when I actually started to think on it,
now I am no so sure. Pink flamingo's are pink because of the shrimp they eat, so I have to wonder, what is this guy eating?

Is the food blue, or is his habitat in trouble, and this is a sign?

Bashi, most paint will ruin feathers, makes them stick together, it is hard even to spray paint feathers, other then using water paint, which of course would just wash off this guy if that was the case.

It would be interesting to see what color the "chicks" will be, if this guy stays blue. Also, would be good to know if someone has dumped blue dye into the water system this stork uses.

Operator
26th April 2010, 20:03
This stork will deliver Avatar's N'avi like babies ... :cool2:

rosie
26th April 2010, 20:11
LOL, so that's it, too much avatar going around!

lightblue
26th April 2010, 20:16
I don't place much stock in this to be honest...I'm sure just a coincidence....BUT.....

Honest as God...I live in San Francisco and was walking home the other day and saw a bright blue Pigeon. He was magnificent. I would not have believed it if someone told me...but there it was. Bright blue with RED tips on his wings. I didn't see him at a distance either...I walked right up to him before he flew away.

What funny is that it was so unbelievable that it occurred to me that he might have been a crossbred with one of the wild parakeets we have around here---but thats just madness isn't it? Genetically improbably, and quite possibly IMPOSSIBLE.

The truth is I can't explain it....and it wasn't paint, they were his/her beautiful feathers. A very special bird.

Does it mean anything? Might have been a spirit bird. Who knows. I am examining my life. i believe you though it may not have been a pidgeon but another speices you've not seen around before..

not just ones last summer i saw flocks (large flocks) of strange looking birds (like budgies, only about 3 times as big and brighter in colour) fly past my window screeming and screeching like megpies.. really loud...i didn't think i was imagining, no, just didn't know what to make of it...i have never seen anything like that anywhere in europe.. it later turned out that other people have seen them too.. apparently they migrated from australia....it was in the papers - a friend told me...l :wink:

SpoonMan
26th April 2010, 22:50
I think its paint. Maybe accidentally on a trash dump or manmade.
The colour is only on the outer layer of the feathers. When the wind blows, you can see the white ones underneath.

Birds often have multiple layers of feathering as well as colors that are only on the tips of the feathers. It does kinda look like the bird just got wet with some dye though and with the ridiculous amounts of man made pollution that floods into our oceans its probably all it is.