PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion / advice is needed

Henners
7th March 2011, 09:00
Hello all. Got home today and found an envelope from the Australian Government. It is for a National Bowel Cancer screening Program.

It is purely as a volunteer to take part in a National Cancer Screening program. " It is free and doing the test will take just a few minutes "

First thing that came to mind was these bastards are doing a DNA Test to find out who has maybe a particular type of 'bloodline' perhaps....
My wife received hers six months ago.

Do you think i am being a little paranoid or would you think the same ???? :confused:

TWINNICK
7th March 2011, 09:06
G'day,

Naaah I'm with you on that one, tell them to stick it up their ummm test site !!

..Nick..

Icecold
7th March 2011, 09:10
Hello all. Got home today and found an envelope from the Australian Government. It is for a National Bowel Cancer screening Program.

It is purely as a volunteer to take part in a National Cancer Screening program. " It is free and doing the test will take just a few minutes "

First thing that came to mind was these bastards are doing a DNA Test to find out who has maybe a particular type of 'bloodline' perhaps....
My wife received hers six months ago.

Do you think i am being a little paranoid or would you think the same ???? :confused:

No i don't think you are paranoid. They will certainly put the information to good use.

Teakai
7th March 2011, 09:10
Oh Henners, don't be silly. Your government loooooooooove you. They only want the best for you. Your being totally paranoid.
Now, bend over - your government have something for you.

;)
(really, shred it and bin it)

The One
7th March 2011, 09:48
My opinion Just bin it my friend

This is whats going on in America

A prominent Health Organization has warned that there is an ongoing semi-covert movement by state and federal governments to claim ownership of every newborn baby's DNA for the purpose of genetic research without the consent of individual citizens.This was back in 2009

http://www.corbettreport.com/articles/20090227_dna_control.htm

Teakai
7th March 2011, 09:55
My opinion Just bin it my friend

This is whats going on in America

A prominent Health Organization has warned that there is an ongoing semi-covert movement by state and federal governments to claim ownership of every newborn baby's DNA for the purpose of genetic research without the consent of individual citizens.This was back in 2009

http://www.corbettreport.com/articles/20090227_dna_control.htm

Hi The One, I read it became illegal in 2010 for midwives to attend home births in New York. Guess they want all births going through the system - likely for that very purpose.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/14/home-births-new-york-midwives

Tigger
7th March 2011, 10:14
Hi Henners,

You can be quite sure the sample will be DNA tested. They will want to compile a statistical database to see whether certain DNA markers are more likely to be related to cancer, which seems reasonable enough. However what else they are testing for will never be completely disclosed. Moreover, the results of the tests become to property of the OZ government and so they can do what they like with the information.

Shezbeth
7th March 2011, 10:31
I got this from another thread.

Reply that you'll be happy to participate,... for like $10,000 (compensation for time, personal information, and invasiveness)!

aikya
7th March 2011, 10:41
My reasons for saying no would be:

They are spraying the air and poisoning our food and water...to GIVE us cancer, amongst other things,

There are natural cures for cancer which are being actively suppressed by Big Pharma.

They have a plan to kill us all.

Therefore, their 'cancer research' is either:

a) part of the financial ponzi scheme

b) a cover for something else which is NOT for the benefit of humanity, but for THEIR benefit.

Shred and bin...

John Parslow
7th March 2011, 10:50
Hello Henners

This is also going on in the UK - I would suggest you tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine or shred it - that's what I did with mine ...

Best regards to you. JP :cool:

HURRITT ENYETO
7th March 2011, 10:54
This is a little off topic but i thought it hilarious:) Just shows what you can do with a little imagination!

David Thorne didn't have the $233.95 to pay an overdue account. So what did he do? What any other budding young genius would do, he submitted a picture of a spider he drew instead. Unfortunately, Jane Gilles, who is clearly a mega-bitch to the nth degree, wouldn't accept it. So what happened next? Hit the jump to find out. But I'll give you a hint: time travel! And also, David's account not getting paid
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/11/13/spider-1.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/11/13/spider-2.jpg

Teakai
7th March 2011, 10:59
You're right, Hurritt - that is hilarious.

Don't bin that.

witchy1
7th March 2011, 11:02
*witchy runs in with clutching her thermometer and sphygmo* Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiittttttt. Its absolutely your decision BUT.........

In all good conscience, I cant let this one go. Bowel cancer if caught early enough is easily cured. This is the initial test that everyone has if they any notice changes. Most people put off going to the GP because of the sensitivness of the *exam* Especially as the doctor will need to double glove! Doing this at home is much easier and less embarrassing than experiencing changes and having to muster up courage to see your GP. Having to do an occult blood test its distasteful and icky for most people. (have you read what you have to do :-))

In the scheme of things, its an easy test to do. (beleive me, it can get a whole lot worse)

Tony was sent one a few years ago - he ignored it (so I threw it out), and then he got another one last year - because the first ones they sent to everyone were faulty and gave false readings! They assure the public this one is correct. I got mine sent recently and biffed it only because I took the initiative and had endoscopy last year. (I think this is important preventative, they can get those little polyps easy)

To further increase your paranoia you can definately get DNA from *movements*

My advice, if you dont want to do this, then book in for an endoscopy. 50 is the recommended age to have your first one. If you notice ANY changes at all in your habits, please get it checked out. Its an easy fix if caught early. I used to work as surgical nurse and the patients with bowels problems came to our ward. Sadly some didnt make it home, and they all had changes that they ignored till it was too late. Its more prevalant than you think unfortunately.

Sorry for butting in but thought I would give you my very humble opinion.
W

Teakai
7th March 2011, 11:05
Sorry for butting in.
W

That is soooooo insensitive, Witchy.

;)

witchy1
7th March 2011, 11:09
hahahhhahahaa;)

andrewgreen
7th March 2011, 11:14
If tou have a bad diet, drink too much and pass blood then go for one. If not throw it in the bin.

Fred259
7th March 2011, 11:50
Henners, this is a very interesting point you raise, one that had slipped my mind.

In the UK the procedure is that when you turn 50 the National Health Service send you a small kit asking that you provide a sample in order that they can test for bowl cancer.
The kit contains instructions, and all the relevant material needed to complete the test and a small matchbox so you can send the contents back to the government!

My birthday was on a weekday and so the kit arrived on the exact day along with all the birthday cards. I have to say I was most impressed for a change with the government’s efficiency in this matter.

As it happens I didn’t send the matchbox back and so two years later on my 52nd birthday, again on the exact day more birthday cards and another kit from the government. It would seem they do this every two years.

Your raise a very valid point, I think I will follow the opinions of other members.

This has got me thinking, the wife went for one of those cervical “thingamebobs” last week, I suppose examination might be a better word, I’m not really up to speed in that department you understand. Do you suppose they could track DNA by that test? Then we have breast cancer screening, I can’t see how that could track DNA by a scan, but its interesting Henners, you raise some very valid points… thank you.

Icecold
7th March 2011, 11:51
Witchy1

Sorry for butting in :pound:

butcherman
7th March 2011, 12:02
what your government require is a sample send them some in the post pace and love to all

Anchor
7th March 2011, 12:08
Henners, do you have a wood fire at your place to keep you warm in the winter?

Needs kindling right?

I think you know where I am going with this...

All government programs sent in this manner, to cause doubt and worry, generally make excellent kindling :)

Lord Sidious
7th March 2011, 12:19
The first question you would have to ask yourself is; do you trust the government?
If the answer is no, then why would you assume that anything they want is innocuous?
If the answer is yes, then step back from the keyboard, go outside and hit your head on a tree, very hard, at least 1,349 times.
The other option is, as already said, you could offer to help, but at a price.

Miller
7th March 2011, 12:38
Hi all

I also received one of these kits through the post for bowel cancel screening and I just put it to one side with the others (you start building up a collection when you get to a 'certain' age). I can't be arsed to be honest (no pun intended), although having read all the comments above I wonder whether there's any merit in sending them some cat's poo instead ..... lol - yuk!

Fred259
7th March 2011, 13:33
Hi all

I also received one of these kits through the post for bowel cancel screening and I just put it to one side with the others (you start building up a collection when you get to a 'certain' age). I can't be arsed to be honest (no pun intended), although having read all the comments above I wonder whether there's any merit in sending them some cat's poo instead ..... lol - yuk!

Hah, wow you got me laughing that’s what we should do, go gather up all the dog dirt from the park and send it to the Lab instead!

It’s a complete and total utter waste of time and money, on the one hand as Aikya in post #09 correctly posts they are spraying the air, poising the food and water, and BIG Pharma suppressing the truth about cancers it’s all completely pointless.

Setras
7th March 2011, 14:05
In the UK the procedure is that when you turn 50 the National Health Service send you a small kit asking that you provide a sample in order that they can test for bowl cancer.
The kit contains instructions, and all the relevant material needed to complete the test and a small matchbox so you can send the contents back to the government!

Do i have to wait until i am 50 to post a matchbox full of poop to David Cameroon....... In fact lets merge it with the flash mob idea, it will be best 50 p&p you will ever spend......

giovonni
7th March 2011, 14:11
tell them to...:rolleyes:

http://www.delawareliberal.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/head_up_your_ass.jpg

conk
7th March 2011, 16:37
Most of these screenings are just marketing ploys to gain business for their corrupt and failed model. We should have colon tests after a certain age, but on our own terms.

Teakai
7th March 2011, 22:52
The first question you would have to ask yourself is; do you trust the government?
If the answer is no, then why would you assume that anything they want is innocuous?
If the answer is yes, then step back from the keyboard, go outside and hit your head on a tree, very hard, at least 1,349 times.The other option is, as already said, you could offer to help, but at a price.

:lol: I'm so glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read that.

granny
7th March 2011, 23:50
Hi Henners,

You can be quite sure the sample will be DNA tested. They will want to compile a statistical database to see whether certain DNA markers are more likely to be related to cancer, which seems reasonable enough. However what else they are testing for will never be completely disclosed. Moreover, the results of the tests become to property of the OZ government and so they can do what they like with the information.

Personally ... here in America any way ... I think it is always a bad idea to let the docs get their hands on ya. First thing you know you'll be on blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds and SRIs. Nah ... bin it is the correct move.

granny
8th March 2011, 00:00
You're right, Hurritt - that is hilarious.

Don't bin that.

Ditto! Good thing I was not drinking coffee ... or worse ... a soft drink.

mondaze
8th March 2011, 00:01
i had a private medical for work a few weeks ago. i was sent the whole pooper scooper rigmarole and i refused. i was pressed by both nurse and doctor as to why i hadn't complied.
I said simply I didn't need it. if i felt the need i'd seek treatment under my terms. my job is moving blood and other samples from surgeries to path labs, so i have a little experience in this area, and i would say unless youre really ill don't give the barstewards anything!

slipknotted
8th March 2011, 00:07
nope i'm with, but you should have your doctor screen you, my mother died from not getting her regular screening it is something everybody should check if you have'nt done so.

Henners
8th March 2011, 06:54
Thanks everybody for your valuable opinions. Some really resonate with me, some are quite funny. Some i don't agree with, that's why we are all individuals, right?
I have a good diet, drink lots of fluids, and occasional exercise, sooooooo for now, I'll put the forms away.
What i should really do is use dog poo and see if they notice http://cdn3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/165/831/265/trick-gag-toy-fake-poop-turd-joke-laugh-dog-poo-human-70464.jpg