PDA

View Full Version : Thank you and goodbye

learninglight
7th March 2011, 16:11
And so it's done. Have sold everything in the lockup today just kept whats needed for camping, one week here on local site and then we hit the road.
Being made homeless has made us face our future head on and now the next chapter begins; i wont pretend it's been easy but compared to whats going on in some countries at the moment we count our selves lucky we have each other, the car, tent and the basic things we will need to get by.

Thank you so very much Avalonians for letting me be a part of this wonderful forum, you are an amazing group of people.
I will try to pop in as and when i can but for now as one of my favorite songs by Nina Simone goes "I'ts a new dawn, it's a new day, its a new life for me, and i'm feeling good."

Much love and respect to each and everyone of you x

king anthony
7th March 2011, 16:16
Know, you're not alone out there. Overcome and adapt - you will be fine. Until your return, 'cheers'.

Globeflyer
7th March 2011, 16:18
Hey learning light,sorry to read your post. I don`t know the story but you have my best wishes ,make sure you stick together. YOU`ll get through.

John Parslow
7th March 2011, 16:20
Hello Learning Light

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best; may good fortune come your way ...

Love and peace to you my friend. JP :cool:

Chrononaut
7th March 2011, 16:22
Your are NOT alone, don't give up.

eaglespirit
7th March 2011, 16:23
The Best to You on Your Journey, Learninglight!

I have been living 'responsibly free' for about 4 years now....have 'volunteered' my skills here in the U.S. and overseas...Europe, South America.
I have had EVERYTHING I need and more...simply have a few bags of belongings and a passport/driver's license...probably will NOT renew them : )

Onward and Upward...simply live the path of high ethics, which I am sure You already do to the best of Your abilities!
Aho!

Jake
7th March 2011, 16:23
I'm not far behind you. love and light!

jc71
7th March 2011, 16:27
Keep strong. You may be freeing yourself of a lot of burdens that many of us continue to carry...

All the best.

See you around on the forum sometime soon hopefully.

J

Amenjo
7th March 2011, 16:30
Good luck on your path, I'm sure it will be full of wonder.

Looking forward to hearing from you when you return.

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

Woody
7th March 2011, 16:30
Hi, sorry to read of your situation, this happened to me and my wife a few years ago, please be strong and don't let the b******s grind you down! Regards col

Steph
7th March 2011, 16:48
Dear Learninglight,

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get to know you and so don't know your personal situation. Has this situation been forced on you or are you setting off for freedom on your own terms? If it's the former, I don't have much in the way to give you (afraid I'm broke) but can I help you in any way? I don't like to think one of us has been kicked to the kerb and left out there to just get on with it. Please do feel free to pm me if I can help in any way I will.

That's a sincere offer btw.

Mouse x

yiolas
7th March 2011, 16:48
Learninglight, Yes it has been hard for many of us, me included. I see that you are of my generation. As a young adult, little did I know that I would find myself on this path at my age. Looking back now, I see that I have accumulated a treasure trove of non material treasures, a wide range of life experiences. As a Mom, daughter, wife, sister, aunt, niece and friend, I've experienced love in its multitude of forms. I've felt rage, thrill, awe, happiness, loneliness, sadness and always have hope and wonderment as to what is coming around the corner. Because our focus is not so much on the material things in life, people like us draw other more non material things to us.

I did not know it then, but I do realize it now, that my life's riches were not something that I could deposit into a bank but rather things that I could enrich my soul with.

I know that you will always find angels to assist you along you path. God Speed and Au revoir my friend.

Limor Wolf
7th March 2011, 16:50
It seems that many of us are going through things that seperate us from the current systems/way of life.lerninglight,i am certain that a new door is opening for you,take a big step and enter in ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
some transition period is needed to say goodbye to the 'old'.this is the process. and with time you and yours will stettle in the warm coziness of your own manifestations.take good care of yourself and please let us know if there is anything we can do.we are all friends and warriors here.we share our paths together.
hope to hear from you soon.

loc333
7th March 2011, 17:05
not far behind you good luck

Donna O
7th March 2011, 17:06
Good luck on your travels, this is your chance to be who you really are without the distractions

Jendayi
7th March 2011, 17:06
i have lived like this for 3 yrs now... it has been an amazing ride! atm i am living with friends.. preparing for the next step on my path... the moment we are kicked out of the system, we get a new change to live!
take yours and grab it with both hands... life is a rollercoaster... just gotta ride it... good luck, health and wisdom to you my friend, and your loved ones... welcome to the club!! you'll make it!
namaste and till we meet again,
Jendayi

mondaze
7th March 2011, 17:47
best of luck for the future. if you're ever in cheshire look me up....you will be welcome to my sofa...once i get it! i'm a few days away from making my move...

Whiskey_Mystic
7th March 2011, 17:59
As several have said, not far behind you. Personally I am scared to death of this and wish I were braver. Sometimes I am.

I am so glad you have each other. My heart goes out to you.

Peace of Mind
7th March 2011, 18:09
And so it's done. Have sold everything in the lockup today just kept whats needed for camping, one week here on local site and then we hit the road.
Being made homeless has made us face our future head on and now the next chapter begins; i wont pretend it's been easy but compared to whats going on in some countries at the moment we count our selves lucky we have each other, the car, tent and the basic things we will need to get by.

Thank you so very much Avalonians for letting me be a part of this wonderful forum, you are an amazing group of people.
I will try to pop in as and when i can but for now as one of my favorite songs by Nina Simone goes "I'ts a new dawn, it's a new day, its a new life for me, and i'm feeling good."

Don't be ashame or scared to talk to the animals, they can teach you a great deal. If an outside entity was looking on at the interactions of man and "Wild LIfe" ...I'm sure they will have a different definition to what/who is considered "Wild Life".
Live well, be respectful to nature and nature will be repectful to you...

Peace

Billy
7th March 2011, 18:22
That was me 3 weeks ago learninglight, Evicted from my home and now living like a hobo, so far loving every moment of my new transition, I left the big city and drove to the highlands by the sea and mountains, spring is in the air and now i have an old circus trailer that i am working on and should be ready in a couple of weeks to move into, The small community here gave me the key to the village post office which opens for one hour a day, now i can come and go as i please and use the internet.

Just go with the flow Learninglight and all others who find themselves on the move, it is a great sign of our times, you never know what is waiting round that corner. All the best

Charlie Pecos
7th March 2011, 18:29
Hi learninglight,

Good luck and positive energy to you. God bless.

All will be well.

Mandala
7th March 2011, 18:32
My thoughts, hopes and prayers are with you. I hope you stay in good health and have happiness on your journey. Try to chick in once in a while and give us an update. Mandala

humanalien
7th March 2011, 18:52
I am really saddened by what is happening in you life at
this time. It's so sad that there is no organization out there
that can help you in your time of need.

From what i am hearing on this forum and what i see happening
on the news, you are not the only one suffering from this. I
wish things were different and the economy would just start
booming again but i know that isn't going to happen.

I was going to suggest to you that maybe you could open
a pay pal account and we here at avalon could send you
some much needed money but i see at lot of us are in the
same boat as you are in now, so i guess that killed that
idea. I am currently unemployed myself and living solely
off my savings account right now and when that money
runs out, i'll be living in a tent or cave myself.

All i can say right now is please take care and if there
is anything that i can do for you, please tell me.....

Good Luck To You

Rocky_Shorz
7th March 2011, 19:01
actually, the economy is going to boom again, very soon, I pray that some of the huge hearts of Avalon stranded out in the cold, will be the first to be blessed

Selene
7th March 2011, 19:07
Dearest Learninglight -

So.

The Universe has given you a new assignment, a new mission, I suppose. It has freed you from your former responsibilities and constraints and posed a new challenge... and one that you are undoubtedly up to, whether you understand how or why at the moment. Know that you are being called where you are most needed. And your experiences now will serve to teach others who will come later on your path.

But you are not going there alone. Our hearts go with you, always.

You will have much to offer others in your new role. All will be well.

And please do check in here whenever you feel the need.

All my best wishes,

Selene

astrid
7th March 2011, 19:10
let the adventure begin, learninglight
exciting times are ahead.

hint- its all how u look at things.
You are guided and protected, all u have to to is ask, and u will get what it is that u need.

We might not get what we want, but we always get what we need.

Blessings,

Astrid

goldmother
7th March 2011, 19:17
Good vibes and positive energy to you and urs

Leaving Love at your door
Lissa

Teakai
7th March 2011, 21:34
All the best to you, Learninglight. Starting a new adventure is always a thrill, sometimes scary, but oh so open to possibility. This one may be your best so far . Embrace it :)
:hug:

Asphel
7th March 2011, 21:38
Love and light, mate!
May you receive a lot of assistance along the way and, of course, solve your problems and learn all you need to learn!

Peace

kersley
8th March 2011, 00:21

You lucky sod. if only they would give me my passport i'll join you..Take care my friend.

bilko
8th March 2011, 00:24
Walk well and may fortune shine on you friend.:)

benevolentcrow
8th March 2011, 00:30
“When one door closes another door opens, but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”
- Alexander Graham Bell - Hope many doors of happiness are ahead of you to walk through!

fifi
8th March 2011, 00:38
Best of luck to you, learninglight. Hope to hear from you soon.

HORIZONS
8th March 2011, 01:15
Far Cry

Pariah dogs and wandering madmen
Barking at strangers and speaking in tongues
The ebb and flow of tidal fortune
Electrical changes are charging up the dawn

It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit
It's a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it
You can almost feel the current flowing
You can almost see the circuits blowing

One day I feel I'm on top of the world
And the next it's falling in on me
I can get back on
I can get back home
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel,
And the next it's rolling over me
I can get back on
I can get back home

Whirlwind life of faith and betrayal
Rise in anger, fall back, and repeat
Slow degrees on the dark horizon
Full moon rising lays ever at your feet

It's a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it
You can almost feel the current flowing
You can almost see the circuits blowing

I can get back on
I can get back home
I can get back on
I can get back home

You can almost see the circle growing
You can almost feel the planet glowing

I can get back on
I can get back home
I can get back on
I can get back home

One day I fly through a crack in the sky
I can get back on
I can get back home

~RUSH

slipknotted
8th March 2011, 01:31
if your ever in vegas let me know and i'll make you a good dinner and share stories of how we came to be here at avalon............... chris

Icecold
8th March 2011, 01:44
Goodbye LearningLight.

I won't be too far behind you. You can pioneer the journey.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

sunflower
8th March 2011, 02:14
Our world is indeed changing. Your farewell post is a painful reminder. Best of luck to you and your partner and may this year turn out to be the best turning point in your lives.

Lost Soul
8th March 2011, 02:52
Make the most of it. Becoming homeless may be a blessing that reaps rewards when the world turns upside down. You are less unencumbered and can move more freely than most of us now.

Blessings.

Ross
8th March 2011, 03:06
Best wishes on your new journey.

Attachment to the material can lead you to prison...lightening the load can lead you to freedom...

Once we step out of the box, hit the road so to speak, a whole bunch of doors present themselves that we could not see before.

Peace to you

Ross

Billy
8th March 2011, 13:05
Just to add Learninglight, If you can afford one, get a "pay as you go Dongle" to keep online, if you have a laptop with you, £25 for purchase, top up £10 upwards, I found vodaphone the best deal, If you ever feel like coming to the west highlands of Scotland give me a visit, My future Circus trailer looks over the sea to the western isles, mountains and beautiful sunsets, PM me and we can arrange a visit, Take Care and Blessed Be

Sierra
8th March 2011, 16:50
Blessed Be LearningLight. May you be warm and dry and fed. May you find friends wherever you go. May your path be blessed.

SKAWF
8th March 2011, 16:56
fare well.

sandy
8th March 2011, 17:03
All the Best in your New Adventure Learninglight,

If your UP my way in Western Canada, I have a huge yard and lots of room for you to camp and enjoy the summer here ,if it ever arrives:)

Open invitation anytime.......................hope you can connect to this wonderful support system and your Avalon Community soon.

passiglight
14th March 2011, 20:08
From us Both (me and learninglight) :

Hi folks, first off,, we'd like to say thank you so very much for all your kind words and offers, we both felt overwhelmed and humbled by all the love and generosity you wonderful people have shown us..

We were amazed to find out so many were in a similar situation to us and our hearts go out to you all, and indeed everyone here at avalon.

We are staying at a campsite on Glastonbury Tor till this friday when we shall pack up the tent and head off to france over the weekend.

Our tent is a bell sahara which we bought from the manufacturers costing slightly more than the imported versions,, but we were told the cheaper ones leak and ours has not leaked once yet so we feel like we made the right decision there.

If we can, we are hoping to find a community along the way to hopefully join up with, so if anyone knows of any communities in europe where we could help and feel like we are contributing to a common goal we'd be thankful or if anyone knows of anywhere in france or spain where we could pitch our tent cheap that would be real kool too.

We'll drop in on av community as often as we can, and we are keeping a close eye on world events as things seem to be warming up to say the least !

Take care everyone, keep your spirits up and your loved ones safe as possible..

Cosmic love and blessings to you all and more ...

( lights out for now lol )

Lancelot
14th March 2011, 20:27
I wish you all the best on your travels.
At the end of every chapter a new new one begins.

Just a thought if you need somewhere to go-
http://www.felinuchaf.org/
best wishes,
:)

steve_a
15th March 2011, 09:16
Hi Learninglight,

I was once in your position, but without the camping gear! If you're around the age I was then you're in for an interesting time. What you are about to do will give to time for yourself. It's amazing how much we pass through life without ever thinking and reflecting about ourselves, it's an important time in your life so take this opportunity. You will meet some very interesting people and places on your travels and will make some very dear friends - it's amazing how people are so supportive during these times.

Don't think of your situation as a negative thing, take it from me, it's very positive, you will have an interesting time. It's during your times travelling under your own steam and pace that the song of Ewan McColl (Freeborn Man) becomes an anthem to all and sundry who have encountered temselves in the same or similar situation.

If you're reading this, good luck to you and let us all know from time to time how things are. Start a blog in Lan Houses as you're going by and keep us informed.

From one traveller to another, from one adverturer to another a fraternal embrace.

Best regards,

Steve

learninglight
4th April 2011, 13:59
Hi all:cool:

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH for you kind words xx

Just an update
After discussing what to do next we decided traveling abroad was not an option for us, so we decided to go to a place we both love, Cornwall.
Whilst in Cornwall, out of the blue, my partner got a phone call offering him the job he had gone for over a month ago yayyyyyyyyyyyy:cool: So back to Somerset.
We have stayed very upbeat about everything taking things as they come at us which at times has not been easy,
We are now back in Glastonbury on a nice campsite and feel we are so very lucky

Once again thank you, you wonderful Avalonians

Much love

ulli
4th April 2011, 14:13
I'm very happy for you...and with summer on the way now...

Billy
4th April 2011, 14:26
Lovely to hear from you and that all is well learninglight, We are all having a gathering in Avebury for the summer solstice June21st, Maybe see you there.