PDA

View Full Version : Honouring the human spirit through ordinary heroes

Flash
7th March 2011, 21:32
I would like with this thread to give a place to great people, creators, survivors, and others that have not had public awareness given to them but showed extraordinary spirit. Those that will be the heroes of the change towards a better world. I would like to thank them for their presence on this planet and for the difference they make locally.

Your are, avalonians, invited here to post the actions, work or accomplishment of the people you admire, but that we almost never speak about.

I will start with my own daughter, showing you a writing of hers, with her permission for sharing here of course.

This is a prose/poem from my 14 years old daughter, typed by me, keeping in the mistakes, despite the word self corrector that did not stop correcting!

I am so soooo proud of her. She is one of the most hard working student I ever met. She told me she would prove the world that aphasic children could do wonders and go to University.

At 4 she was saying, with her little very limited vocabulary at the time, that she was here to save the planet – to which her down to earth mother answered: “start by saving your cat, the planet will take care of itself”. I tought it was way too much for her, thinking like that at 4.

She also writes her own music and the paroles of her own songs, full of sensitivity.
Here she comes:

“Dear Diary,

I’m so tired of being asphasic. I just want to talk normally and to have a normal life. But I can’t. The only thing I could do is dream about a better life.

If only my dream world in my head was real... I would speak normally... I would have friends that exepts me with or without my brain injury...

But real life is not like that. I try to keep this a secret. Because if I tell, some of my dear friends will get the wrong idea... And I will never see them again.

I try to explain that I’m not mentaly crazy. But I can never find the right words...
I can’t find the right words because of my asphasia.

Sometimes I wish I could be free.. . And go to this wonderfull place called heaven... But the only way to get there is too hard for me.

So I will keep diging in this dark tunnel. And hope to find light in the end.

On my way, I try to distract myself. But I keep getting reminded of my asphasia with all my treatments.
And I can’t do anything but cry. So that’s what I do. I cry knowing that I’m going to live this everyday of my life.

I wish this to nobody. Nobody diserves to be called stupid like me.
Nobody diserves to have to make an effort to say a sentence.
Nobody diserves to have trouble like me.
Nobody diserves to have a hard life like me...

Trying hard to say a sentence is starting to get exausting.
Trying to hide it is getting more exausting. But I have to if I want to keep my friends. If I want people to approach me...

Sometimes I do feel stupid. I know that I’m not stupid. But not being able to say my ideas out loud makes me feel stupid.

I guess that this whole page is just me, talking about my feelings twoard this problem.

I don’t know how is going to end up reading this...
But now that I wrote it down, I feel better...

Better not signing my name... Just in case.”

Most partial or full aphasic children do not finish primary school, because schooling is mainly based on language abilities. Less succeed in high school. Self confidence also takes a hike.

Most, even with the best parents helping them, have trouble making it in groups, socializing, understanding what is going on when a group of people communicate together, and most are soooo eager to communicate you would not believe.

Yet most of them are of normal intelligence (or above).

In my idea, aphasics and autistics should be helped when coming in a forum like this one, what they bring to the world is just sometimes incredible.

So please, for my daughter and all those having problems with the written or spoken words, do forgive grammatical mistakes and do ask for clarification. Sometimes they do not realize they misscommunicated.

If she gives me the permission, I may post other creations of hers, music amongst others,

Thanks for reading,

Anyone else has extraordinary stories about wonderful unknown creators or survivors???? Young or old??? You can post their strory here.

azure
7th March 2011, 22:16
I would like to send my shoutouts to Cathy O'Brien, Roseanne Barr, Arizona Wilder and to all the other victims and survivors of child abuse out there. To the many others suffering in our world from deprivation and war. My blessings are sent to you xx :)

Flash
7th March 2011, 23:02
I would like to send my shoutouts to Cathy O'Brien, Roseanne Barr, Arizona Wilder and to all the other victims and survivors of child abuse out there. To the many others suffering in our world from deprivation and war. My blessings are sent to you xx :)

Thank you Azure for mentioning these great people here. May we have a link or a description of what they did, went through or succeeded for those who would not know.

Thank you
Flash

Flash
8th March 2011, 12:03
Allow me Azure to put information about Cathy O'Brien, with a video link. Cathy was taken for a slave, with control programming, with the most powerful of this world. Her daughter was taken as well.

Here is a video:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5kf17_revelations-de-cathy-obrien-1_news

Flash
8th March 2011, 15:07
I am honouring my neighbours. We have been in a battle in our 3 streets neighbourouds with the REAL power that be for 15 years.

We are next to an extremely rich neighboroud in my city, next meaning the immediate next streets. About 5 very infuential families in the rich neighboroud that have tons of money and political clout, have decided that we were too low to pass through their streets to come home every day.

We are a 3 streets neighboroud, enclaved with 2 exits, one giving on the rich's street, the other on a very steep hill.

They blocked their street, we are left, 600 people, to get in and out through the steep hill. In winter, there is spin off, there was a school bus crash, a pedestrian almost got killed because the hill was to slippery, and the city just cannot keep this hill accessible. So we are 600 people prisoners.

We also have a train track with heavy chemicals passing by daily and no evacuation possibilities if an accident occurs.

We have a heavy war chemical factory nearby wharehousing extremely poisonous chemicals right next door. Anything happens to them (a fire for example) we are dead within minutes if we cannot evacuate.

Two ladies in my street have been going to court, preparing campaings, meeting with city hall, etc etc., working 15-20- hours a week over and above their regular jobs. One of them loss her husband hrough death during the turmoil. They are real heroes fighting the powers in place. They made the neighboroud become a tight knit neighboroud, and we all got into the fight together, even using youtube.

The court and the appeal court was terrible, the riches knew all the judges, many of them being wealthy lawyers themselves, and we lost. We insisted on security and despite the proofs that we were in danger, we lost.

Yes, this is happening in beautiful Canada, beautiful Montreal, were we cannot have justice and just plain security. Talk about democracy!!!

Houra for those ladies, they are my local heroes, they are the kind of people we need all over the planet.

Here a video link about the situation, a song the neighboroud wrote and published (ones of our neighbours are documentary film makers and pitched in).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjDai1ITtGc

Do not hesitate to distribute, no copyrights whatsoever, we need coverage. By the way, the kids are true real life lovers leaving on each side of the barricade.

Flash
8th March 2011, 15:33
Here one of the lady organising a rally when they installed the temporary barricade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wlyoOPfKhk&NR=1

Nat_Lee
29th March 2014, 03:05

This is a prose/poem from my 14 years old daughter, typed by me, keeping in the mistakes, despite the word self corrector that did not stop correcting!

I am so soooo proud of her. She is one of the most hard working student I ever met. She told me she would prove the world that aphasic children could do wonders and go to University.

At 4 she was saying, with her little very limited vocabulary at the time, that she was here to save the planet – to which her down to earth mother answered: “start by saving your cat, the planet will take care of itself”. I tought it was way too much for her, thinking like that at 14.

She also writes her own music and the paroles of her own songs, full of sensitivity.
Here she comes:

“Dear Diary,

I’m so tired of being asphasic. I just want to talk normally and to have a normal life. But I can’t. The only thing I could do is dream about a better life.

If only my dream world in my head was real... I would speak normally... I would have friends that exepts me with or without my brain injury...

But real life is not like that. I try to keep this a secret. Because if I tell, some of my dear friends will get the wrong idea... And I will never see them again.

I try to explain that I’m not mentaly crazy. But I can never find the right words...
I can’t find the right words because of my asphasia.

Sometimes I wish I could be free.. . And go to this wonderfull place called heaven... But the only way to get there is too hard for me.

So I will keep diging in this dark tunnel. And hope to find light in the end.

On my way, I try to distract myself. But I keep getting reminded of my asphasia with all my treatments.
And I can’t do anything but cry. So that’s what I do. I cry knowing that I’m going to live this everyday of my life.

I wish this to nobody. Nobody diserves to be called stupid like me.
Nobody diserves to have to make an effort to say a sentence.
Nobody diserves to have trouble like me.
Nobody diserves to have a hard life like me...

Trying hard to say a sentence is starting to get exausting.
Trying to hide it is getting more exausting. But I have to if I want to keep my friends. If I want people to approach me...

Sometimes I do feel stupid. I know that I’m not stupid. But not being able to say my ideas out loud makes me feel stupid.

I guess that this whole page is just me, talking about my feelings twoard this problem.

I don’t know how is going to end up reading this...
But now that I wrote it down, I feel better...

Better not signing my name... Just in case.”

Thanks for reading,

Premierement j'adore ce Thread Flash ! Merci c'est magnifique cette idée !
First I love this tread Flash (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/member.php?1746-Flash) ! Thank you for this marvelous idea !

WOW Mini Flash (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/member.php?18864-Mini-Flash) !
Réalises tu qu'il y a des personnes qui ont mon âge et qui n'ont aucun handicap de language et qui n'auront jamais le courage d'exprimer le quart de ce que tu as écrit dans ce message ? Oui j'appelle cela du courage et aussi du respect de soi. Tu te respectes en t'occupant de tes faiblesses en fesant sortir à l'extérieur ce que tu ne veux plus vivre à l'interieur.... Certain que tu t'aies sentie plus légerte ! En plus tu as eue le courage de le partager avec d'autres ! Vraiment là c'est notable ! :D

En écrivans, tu as laissé sortir les mauvaises pensées. C'est comme si tu avais libéré le noir en toi ... Tu as laissé s'échapper le noir sans le compresser en dedans de toi et l'empêcher de le faire sortir ... car c'est cela qui arrive quand on ne veux pas voir nos souffrances et nos problèmes, on les comprimes et ça fait de plus en plus mal et après BANG ... le presto saute, comme une bombe ! et bien toi à 14 ans, tu avais compris que tu devais laisser sortir le méchand, tout naturellement ... Super ! Bravo ! Continue ! Je t'aime ma belle ! xxx

P.S. This Thread deserves a million view ! This is the most important of all your amazing thread in my opinion ! More of them please !

I love you Flash ! My friend ! Isn't she amazing ?