PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Kung Fu (exploding the meat myth

shiva777
10th March 2011, 19:10
Think you need meat to be fit and strong? You can explode that myth with two words: Shaolin Monk!

For those not familiar with the Shaolin, point them to this video.

From the documentary "Myths and Logic of Shaolin Kung Fu". For centuries, Shaolin have followed the principals and spiritual way of the Buddha and Taoist way, which means adhering to a non-violent vegetarian diet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwmluSn_T0&feature=related

Lord Sidious
10th March 2011, 19:28
Think you need meat to be fit and strong? You can explode that myth with two words: Shaolin Monk!

For those not familiar with the Shaolin, point them to this video.

From the documentary "Myths and Logic of Shaolin Kung Fu". For centuries, Shaolin have followed the principals and spiritual way of the Buddha and Taoist way, which means adhering to a non-violent vegetarian diet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwmluSn_T0&feature=related

There we go.

bearcow
10th March 2011, 20:57
Tong zi gong is best suited for children, before puberty starts and the yuan qi starts to slowly leak out of the body. It really has little benefit to start a practice like this if you are more than 25 years old.

Regarding vegetarianism and whether or not to become one, I was one for 15+ years. When I met master jiang and other taoist masters, they said i should eat some meat, particularly fish (i hate fish!). My nei gong practice improved after taking their advice. Genetics play a role in this. Asians have an advantage over Europeans in getting what they need to function optimally from plant based sources. If your ancestors have been eating meat for thousands of years, that tendency affects the genetic makeup of what works best for you. There are exceptions to this rule however, as the configuration of chi in a persons field is not only affected by genetic factors. There are high level practices that are greatly aided by the practice of strict vegetarianism, but if you're at that level, you already have a tremendous amount of chi available and food is not your primary source of nourishment. This issue is quite complex, but the bottom line is that there is no optimum way that works for everybody, experiment and see what works best for you.

Nortreb
10th March 2011, 21:00
Tong zi gong is best suited for children, before puberty starts and the yuan qi starts to slowly leak out of the body. It really has little benefit to start a practice like this if you are more than 25 years old.

Regarding vegetarianism and whether or not to become one, I was one for 15+ years. When I met master jiang and other taoist masters, they said i should eat some meat, particularly fish (i hate fish!). My nei gong practice improved after taking their advice. Genetics play a role in this. Asians have an advantage over Europeans in getting what they need to function optimally from plant based sources. If your ancestors have been eating meat for thousands of years, that tendency affects the genetic makeup of what works best for you. There are exceptions to this rule however, as the configuration of chi in a persons field is not only affected by genetic factors. There are high level practices that are greatly aided by the practice of strict vegetarianism, but if you're at that level, you already have a tremendous amount of chi available and food is not your primary source of nourishment. This issue is quite complex, but the bottom line is that there is no optimum way that works for everybody, experiment and see what works best for you.

Thanks bearcow. I was about to post something similar. Very eloquently presentation. Research is the key to the science of vibration.

Peace,

shiva777
10th March 2011, 21:11
if you believe you need to eat meat then cut down on the amount of meat you eat...until you get to a place where you REALLY FEEL you need to eat a little more meat again.Many meat eaters tell themselves they need to eat meat and then let their taste buds rule their apetite for meat and eat much more than they need...and most importantly INVESTIGATE in to how the animal ( that you have indirectly become responsible for being slaughtered)has been treated throughout it's life..it amazes me how people don't realise that they are consuming ENERGY/CONCIOUSNESS when they eat meat..so if that animal was treated badly the people eating that animal integrate THAT conciousness in to their being and it effects their conciousness negatively...when humanity evolves furthur, meat-eating will be one of the first things that goes...how can your genetics/DNA evolve if you continue to follow the same behaviour as your ancestors?

Lord Sidious
10th March 2011, 21:36
if you believe you need to eat meat then cut down on the amount of meat you eat...until you get to a place where you REALLY FEEL you need to eat a little more meat again.Many meat eaters tell themselves they need to eat meat and then let their taste buds rule their apetite for meat and eat much more than they need...and most importantly INVESTIGATE in to how the animal ( that you have indirectly become responsible for being slaughtered)has been treated throughout it's life..it amazes me how people don't realise that they are consuming ENERGY/CONCIOUSNESS when they eat meat..so if that animal was treated badly the people eating that animal integrate THAT conciousness in to their being and it effects their conciousness negatively...when humanity evolves furthur, meat-eating will be one of the first things that goes...how can your genetics/DNA evolve if you continue to follow the same behaviour as your ancestors?

That is excellent advice and a good way to get there too.
Thanks for that.
Shivanugget.

Anchor
10th March 2011, 22:29
My understanding is that whilst it is absolutely necessary to be a vegetarian at some point along your spiritual path.

Once you are past that point you can eat what you like and what you need to. All will be transmuted into higher vibration material just by being consumed by one who has attained such a point of evolution.

I also believe that at a higher level, animals (2nd density lifeforms) don't mind being eaten by higher beings and that it is a spiritually significant sacrifice of immense evolutionary benefit to them. If it were otherwise then you would be forced to think that this whole food-chain idea was some huge spiritual mistake here on Earth. Do we think that ?

Fruit is to be eaten so that its seeds can be spread in a free supply of manure, a harmonious act., and I am sure the Apple 'oversoul' enjoys itself being eaten and thus transmuted in harmony. Same for everything up the food chain.

I won't deny that our food-chain is currently badly distorted - especially in the cruel way that many humans deal with animals for food. It is a double whammy for low vibrations content[1].

Do we argue also that the native American Indians, some of the most spiritually advanced beings you can read about in recent history, were wrong in hunting and eating buffalo?

Personally, I am vegetarian, but the sort who eats dairy and eggs and wears leather shoes :)

John..
--
Footnote
[1] Incidentally this is why I think its a good idea blessing all your food and drink before you eat it! Use your intent and allow the immense powers of the creator to wash away/transmute the vibrations in the food stuff you eat, to make them fit for the intended purpose. The blessing I use is: "Thank you for this food. Please bless it and purify it for its intended purpose". Other blessings are available at a heart shaped store very very near you.

This post is taken from one I wrote on PA/PC with some changes - apologies if you read it before.

shiva777
10th March 2011, 22:56
the whole food chain thing is a mistake...as our DNA was disconnected by negative ET's and our hologram was distorted we could no longer survive through ETERNAL energy flow,we now needed to parasitise off others to survive..,animals and humans found it necessary to kill others to survive..meat eating is a negative ET creation..millions of years of evolution has resulted in the predatory characteristics of animals and humans...

.yes,this is a HUGE issue for people to rap their heads around but the very PHYSICS of our hologram was distorted and now we are at the point of repairing those physics so that we and animals no longer need to kill others to survive..do you really think God created the savagery of the animal and human kingdom..the false "gods" did..we are now aligning back in to zero point ETERNAL energy flows..watch as the LION really lays down with the LAMB,,if you align to that future probability you will

..yeah,I know,too big of a concept for most people to even consider...

..."Do we argue also that the native American Indians, some of the most spiritually advanced beings you can read about in recent history, were wrong in hunting and eating buffalo?"

yeah,we do argue that..lol..they had no choice but to eat Buffalo.when the buffalo were slaughtered they starved to death...just as many other cultures had no choice..as we evolve we see there are more choices and wiser ones are made

Roseheart
10th March 2011, 23:12
This is great. Thanks guys.
I was a vegetarian (which evolved naturally with my awakening) for about 2 years until Christmas last year.
I started getting nosebleeds almost every day, felt tired all the time and just generally unwell. I also started craving meat.
Since I have taken some meat in moderation I feel so much better though I would prefer not to and have had some guilty feelings about it.
Thanks bearcow. Your ancestral notions struck a chord with me and have given me something to ponder...
I agree with all sides on this thread though... major multifaceted issue. x

bearcow
10th March 2011, 23:33
how can your genetics/DNA evolve if you continue to follow the same behaviour as your ancestors?

The true value of food is the strength derived from it that allows you to develop yourself. In the end it is the quality of life you lead that upgrades the gene pool. Eventually i would say that mankinds DNA will evolve to the point that it no longer needs meat at all, and then at a later point will not require solid food at all. But that time is not now. We are part god, part animal, our bodies at this point in time are not 100% under the control of the altruistic aspirations of our hearts and this should not be denied. There are parts of the astral body not under the control of waking consciousness that need various types of primal energies in order to maintain proper balance. Breastfeeding is a prime example of this. As consciousness develops this type of animalistic hunger will slowly refine itself, but to completly deny its appetites prematurely, will only hurt you physically and psychologically.

The quality of the food whatever it may be is of utmost importance. Hopefully when a animal is slaughtered, it is done quickly and succinctly to minimize the suffering of the animal. Also the people eating it benefit if the animal is not filled with fear when killed.

Throughout nature, more sophisticated forms of life feed off less sophisticated forms. As many of you know, various creatures feed off the energy of humans in order to sustain themselves. No matter where you are on the food chain, you value your life and do not want to relinquish it. No matter how much we dislike this concept, the law of nature supports this. The question in this process of what is right and wrong lies in the fact that the more sophisticated consciousness also has a debt of custodianship to the "lesser" forms of life in this whole process. This part of the symbiotic relationship of all life on earth is not in balance, the higher forms of life are not giving back what they took.

We have exploited life and thus we are exploited.

Miller
10th March 2011, 23:37
I thought for a long time that eating and producing waste was basically a design fault and that it would be much better for everything to absorb energy from sunlight. Then I thought some more and realised that we are perfectly designed and that everything indigenous to this planet has to be part of the food chain, otherwise it wouldn’t work and then we couldn’t exist. Before we applied our intelligence and cunning we were also part of the food chain and I guess still are, although we’re at the top. We’re still at the mercy of viruses and bacteria though ....

The main problem I have about eating meat is that all living creatures have personalities and once you see them like that you can’t eat them. Additionally, the way that most animals are farmed is disgusting and they really do deserve better.

If ETs arrived on our planet, herded us into pens, trussed us up, cut our throats and then cooked and ate us, we’d think they were savage and we’d be right!

shiva777
10th March 2011, 23:43
bearcow said..."Throughout nature, more sophisticated forms of life feed off less sophisticated forms. As many of you know, various creatures feed off the energy of humans in order to sustain themselves. No matter where you are on the food chain, you value your life and do not want to relinquish it. No matter how much we dislike this concept, the law of nature supports this"

what if what we consider nature is NOT natural...it's like people who live in a greenhouse(artifical structure) think that the eco-system in the greenhouse is completely natural..when in fact it IS NOT...it is a man-made manipulation of nature...what most people consider to be natural is a negative ET manipulation of nature..evolved over millions of years...just as the moon is NOT natural and american indians worshipped it as Mother enegry,humanity is still being deluded by artificial constructs...fibonacci,golden mean,solfeggio all of that is FALSE NATURE..the corrupted physics(what most new age teachings are basd on)...if you don't understand ORGANIC ETERNAL physics you will be conned by parasitic physics that so-called "sacred geometry" teachers teach....all areas of life are impacted by these understandings...if what almost everyone considers to be natural ,in fact is NOT natural then things will never realign to ETERNAL PHYSICS..it's about realising the hologram is distorted all the way down to the proton/electron level and asisting things to align back to TRUE ORGANIC relationship...cutting down or eliminating meat eating(which is a negative ET control mechanism) from your own personal hologram helps

Maria Stade
10th March 2011, 23:55
I think this is a important discussion.

They say that different blood lines needs different kinds of food.

Also the climate can make difference in what you need to eat.

I do not think it is a good idea to mix spirituallaty with the blame game in food choice.

It should be a choice by heart. And etics.

No one should eat animals that have had a bad life and a cruel death.

That has eaten monsanto food and full pumped with antibiotica and "who knows what"

And many eat way to much in general. And to much meat. I eat meat some times and fish is important for the body in cold climat.

The more north the more meat is needed, and it is kind of natural as there is not the same possibility to grow food.

It is very good to consider this facts and please do not mix it with what is spiritual. We are all spirits ( maybe )!!!

All Love and lots of carrots

Namaste

MariaDine
11th March 2011, 00:06
I'm vegetarian. Most ballet dancers usually are because meat reduces flexibility. We are like race horses, we have to be on top form, so diet is very important. When it comes to discuss the spiritual side of the subject, I really agree with all of what was said here. You are what you eat, Genetics play an important role in your global health, and a moderate attitude towards changing your diet is advisable.

If we are talking about chi energy, well that's another matter. One collects energy from the earth and from the air. The center of the body, the tandiem distributes (and also stores) the energy when the mind/conscience pushes intention. Feet well rooted in the ground, knees bent plus relaxed torso and arms facilitate the circulation of the chi.

bluestflame
11th March 2011, 01:14
when i eat meat i give thanks to the animals , sending healing and emotional clearing for the ones that remain , and look forward to the day it's no longer part of our coping mechanism in our process of return to awareness , as the control structure of artificial seperation from our divine origins dissolves and is no more

nearing
11th March 2011, 03:17
just as the moon is NOT natural and american indians worshipped it as Mother enegry,

I don't know of any 'american indians' that worship(ped) the moon as Mother energy. They consider the Earth Mother and the Sun as Father. If you have knowledge of different, can you please cite?

humanity is still being deluded by artificial constructs...fibonacci,golden mean,solfeggio all of that is FALSE NATURE..the corrupted physics(what most new age teachings are basd on)...if you don't understand ORGANIC ETERNAL physics you will be conned by parasitic physics that so-called "sacred geometry" teachers teach....all areas of life are impacted by these understandings...if what almost everyone considers to be natural ,in fact is NOT natural then things will never realign to ETERNAL PHYSICS..it's about realising the hologram is distorted all the way down to the proton/electron level and asisting things to align back to TRUE ORGANIC relationship...cutting down or eliminating meat eating(which is a negative ET control mechanism) from your own personal hologram helps

Again, this is the VERY first I have ever heard of this. I would be VERY interested to see your sources for this.

Thank you.

Maria Stade
11th March 2011, 03:46
Native Amerikan Indians call the earth Grand Mother !

She is holy and so are all living things on her.

It should be natural to give thanks to what ever have died to give you life.

Indians gives thanks to the animal soul and to the plant that have given their life to be nutrition.

All life is holy !

Water is holy How many gives thanks to water ???

What our planet gives is holy ! Every thing !

Namaste

Icecold
11th March 2011, 04:32
Maria:

Indians gives thanks to the animal soul and to the plant that have given their life to be nutrition.

Vedic hunters did exactly the same thing. When they killed an animal they said to its soul, "I have slain you in this life, I give you permission to slay me in another".

Constance
11th March 2011, 06:39
This is one of my favourite topics... :)

Any animal will run for its life if you have the intent to kill it.

Even an ant will run for its life.

I have a friend who lives a completely conscious life and when he walks into a fruit and veg store, the fruit and the veggies sing out "pick me!, pick me!"
They all want to be a part of his vibration.
He is a long term vegan. 25 years. He is fit and healthy and strong.

Cows have horns that act like antennas. When cows are allowed to naturally roam, they use their horns to align themselves with the magnetic grids of earth.
When a cow can't roam naturally, they become confused about why they are here. My friend is supersensitive to animals and converses with them telepathically. One day, when he asked a cow why it was there (in the feedlot), it didn't know. It didn't know why it was there and it was miserable. All it wanted to do was leave the planet.
My heart broke upon hearing this.
My wise friend also says that when you ingest the milk and the meat from a feedlot cow, their confused energies become a part of you.

All beings are sacred. Anything else is the opposite of the truth.

Ol' Roy
11th March 2011, 07:02
My Dad had the great idea to buy two piglets to raise to feed our large family. 5 boys and 1 girl. It was our job to feed and take care of them.

Well, you can guess, we got attached to them. Even gave them names of Fatso and Sally. Pigs are very smart and do have personalities.

Finally, it came slaughter time. He killed one (humanely), butchered it and put it in the freezer. None of the kids would eat it! He got mad and ended up selling the other one.

To this day (50yrs later), my brothers, sister, and I laugh at storys of how the pigs would get out and we would chase them up and down the hill. lol

I really do believe, if we cut down on our meat consumption, we would have a lot better health. That is just one piece of our overall wellbeing.

Great Shaolin Kung Fu video. BTW

Ol"Roy

mmfk
11th March 2011, 09:18
has anyone heard of the russian physician galina schatalova?

her experiments, trials (and explanations) (especially on herself, 94 or something) are the best proof to me that if at all, one needs only a handful to eat and a little structured water, once a day, and that should be vegan. the athletes (and others) she trained always performed better than their peers on the normal caloric diet (in terms of quantity and quality).

i can only say, i've more or less tried it myself and i've never felt better in my life than in these few months (i then succumbed to social "pressures", celebrations, etc....so to put it simply, i became weak :) )

i've read all the 3 books by her that have been translated to german and i love her reasoning, especially concerning the natural human diet.
but in the end, the next step seemed to me to optimize her conclusions with raw veganism and eventually to go to "pranic nourishment" (for a lack of putting it differently/in better words).

and personally, i believe, in EVERY aspect, veganism is the right thing to do. to me, there is NO area of life, where there might be advantages or something positive to eating meat or animal products of any kind, be it social, political, ecological, economic, medical or spiritual (whereas the last point is most important to myself, as i see it as a matter of principle, and contradictory, wanting to grow spiritually but at the same time being responsible for so much suffering, death and generally negative consequences in every way)

in short: i really like how gandhi put it

"The greatness of a society and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals." (hope that's correct, somehow at least, but you get the point)

i have to say, i really very rarely post and mostly just read, but i guess, this issue is really important to me, or rather, the most important issue (only take gandhi's saying) - and i can't believe, how for instance gandhi is often cited by people spreading love, tolerance and understanding, but only when suited to their way of life and thinking, as long as there isn't too much painful change for them. i don't see gandhi as an authority, my point is only that this kind of eclecticism is so prejudiced, and worst, people don't even realize this, speaking from a perspecitive where of course it is in their interest to argue for eating meat (sometimes they go as far as promoting moderation or even vegeterianism with dairy products and stuff, but that is totally missing the point), as they themselves eat meat (also of course, they speak out of an addiction, etc. - so don't get me wrong, i don't want to blame anybody, although the question of personal responsibility is another and tough issue, although of course strongly tied to this one here)

to me, it is a relief, to generally share the same mindset with people here at avalon concerning "conspiracies", ETs, etc., or at least i believe so.
but thinking about it, as stated above, what matters most to me is not strength in critical thinking and seeing behind the veil, so to speak, but i guess the most valuable foundation is love, real love, not only to humans, and therefore, i think, it would be hard for me to e.g. start a community trying to survive possible coming cataclysms of whatever kind with people ready to take lives, as i certainly am not. i have only the highest respect for people's intellect and also compassion and love towards others, but here i would say, how can someone be willing to take lives? (and at the same time promote love, etc.) and also, among others, i would apply the argument of (it goes something like that) once you get the ball rolling, it's hard to stop, or, the next step comes more easily (and therefore opens pandora's box) - e.g.: once you start to believe in the moral rightness of keeping animals (in slavery, however well treated), the next logical step, which comes all the easier, would be to start eating only a little meat (to wrap it up from the other end, for once), and so on and so on, via massive meat production, mass slaughterings, etc. eventually (well, actually, at the same time), demonizing or seeing certain humans as inferior, like in racism or the mentally ill...

phuh.. i think, i'm getting carried away, as there is virtually no end in arguing against believing in ones superiority over other living beings and therefore believing in ones god-given right to use them according to ones own ideas, ends and for personal gain (be it only "for the taste", which in my opinion is the worst kind of hypocrisy and the saddest and most outrageous reason for eating meat, etc. - although again, i do believe, such words are spoken out of addiction and conditioning - take only smokers, stating they enjoy the taste...)

as a final note and a little aside:
i started really focusing on the animal rights issue at university from a philosophical standpoint. and "funnily", there i was most disappointed. by that i mean, also philosophically, analitically, logically, as i've come to understand, everything speaks against eating meat (to use this phrase/example only), but at the same time, such a powerful tool, namely the mind, logic, etc. is, as just said, only a tool. and people use it for their own means. so in this sense, maybe i shouldn't have been so especially disappointed with students of philosophy showing the least compassion and the worst kind of arrogance and feeling of superiority. on the other hand, i guess, it's just like in the generaly public. you find good-hearted people just everywhere, anywhere. this is, again, why i feel, the most important foundation (for anything in life) to start from is a good heart, compassion, real tolerance and dedication and a strong feeling for freedom, universal freedom, and of course peace. (and here we are, as in above posts, at taoism - no need for anything like rules, law, violence, etc., everyone need only respect everyone else's freedom... the culprits aren't the peaceful farmers minding their own business, but the ones trying to rob them, or rule them, impose a matrix on their lives...sorry, another huge topic...)

so here we go, i'm drained out :)

hope, i didn't insult anyone as this has never been intended, on the contrary!

and sorry for my english and the format and stuff

with respect,
matthias

InCiDeR
11th March 2011, 10:04
Gravity is just an illusion! Amazing video, I'm stunned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuqwv-zlicA

Nortreb
13th March 2011, 07:50
Beautiful sharing here on this thread!

Professor Hilton Hotema has material in the same line as Dr. Ggalina Schatalovato.

I recommend his "Man's Higher Consciousness". Really nice research material the subjects discussed here.

Peace