PDA

View Full Version : Battle: Los Angeles - a critic's review

str8thinker
17th March 2011, 04:05
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/01/27/battle-los-angeles-teaser.jpg

This movie review by Jake Wilson for The Age (Melbourne [Aust.] newspaper) sums it up so well I thought it worth reproducing here. It appears in today's printed version of the paper and so far I have not been able to find a link to it online.

American science fiction traditionally has a subversive, anarchic edge. Even George Lucas sides with the rebels against the Galactic Empire; even Steven Spielberg understands that E.T. needs to be protected from the government.

Perhaps that's why the horribly disappointing Battle: Los Angeles, directed by Jonathan Liebesman, hardly feels like science fiction at all: it's basically a flag-waving war movie in which the enemy happens to be from space.

The frantic style, all rapid pans and nervous zooms, seems modelled on the first reel of Saving Private Ryan (1998), minus the blood.

Ultimately the task of saving the planet falls to a single platoon of marines, all of them interchangeable, aside from Aaron Eckhart - looking and acting like John Wayne's little brother - and Michelle Rodriguez (who else?) as the token chick. The saddest thing is that Battle: Los Angeles has no respect for its aliens - rickety, semi-robotic figures staggering across the horizon, a cross between Star Wars stormtroopers and the inflatable men outside car dealerships.

The possibilities of the LA setting go unexplored - no fireballs burning up Hollywood Boulevard here - and while the invaders are presumably responsible for the deaths of millions, there's barely a civilian corpse to be seen.

This Halo-like sanitization of war as exemplified by the absence of civilian corpses should make every red-blooded young male rush to enlist to fight the new enemy, soon to be announced. This is Militainment.inc (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14904-documentaries&p=154973&viewfull=1#post154973) at its best.

See also:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7997
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?15597
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?15052

TimelessDimensions
22nd March 2011, 10:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWPkJD0YHeM

The new movie "Battle: Los Angeles" came out a few days ago.

Do you think the sheeple will fall for it when mainstream media starts promoting the war against ET's?

(I don't think I'm better than the sheeple, they just haven't decided to wake up yet and follow their hearts. I use the word "people" in reference to the sheeple who have the desire for truth)

:violin:

str8thinker
22nd March 2011, 12:36
Hi - There are already several threads on this movie, including this one:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?16534

Maybe the mods should merge them.

Do you think the sheeple will fall for it when mainstream media starts promoting the war against ET's?

This is actually a rhetorical question (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question). Given that we are told the PTB prefer to follow sequences rather than timelines, you can bet your military boots that IF the mainstream media starts promoting a war against ETs, they will only do so WHEN the sheeple are conditioned to accept it, therefore by then the sheeple will ALREADY have fallen for this movie, Independence Day, V, and similar gestures of hospitality. :)

str8thinker
22nd March 2011, 12:42
I've now seen this lousy movie and wish I hadn't wasted the time. I hope it represents the nadir of this genre, though somehow I'm sure it won't be.

(Added) Even War of the Worlds (with Tom Cruise) was vastly better than this.

TimelessDimensions
23rd March 2011, 04:54
Thanks, if there are any mods listening please merge all threads on this topic :)

Nanoo Nanoo
23rd March 2011, 05:04
You may want to merge it with a thread started by Harley Hawkins. There is a lot of info on there about the FF ET phenomena.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?9653-False-Flag-Alien-Threat-To-Frame-The-ETs-As-Enemies

Paul
23rd March 2011, 07:12
Hi - There are already several threads on this movie, including this one:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?16534

Maybe the mods should merge them.
Good idea. I'm merging this thread (False Flag ET event conditioning by Hollywood) into the one you linked (Battle: Los Angeles - a critic's review). The other threads that I noticed on this were different enough in focus or time of posting that I decided to leave them separate.

Thanks for noticing.

Harley
23rd March 2011, 09:22
This movie was perfect!

Why do I say that? Because it portrays EXACTLY what the agencies want the public to believe a war with ET invaders would be like!

NONE of the technologies that they portrayed in this movie really seemed all that far-out (to me anyway!). And hey! How similar was their attack to my "example" scenario that I wrote almost four months ago in the False Flag Alien Threat To Frame The ETs As Enemies (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?9653-False-Flag-Alien-Threat-To-Frame-The-ETs-As-Enemies) thread? And their attack even took place in LA too! LOL!

Yes, this movie was a huge success for the PTB. Did anyone else get the impression that it was also a giant commercial for the US Marines? Of course it was! After-all, we would need heroes and protectors - someone we can all come together on and rally behind and support. And they ALWAYS make a hero in any crises!

There WILL be more to come.

Harley

Newlyn
23rd March 2011, 12:11
Haha this is amazing. More crap food for the brain. And yes, you never see the aliens, and the tech is more like the american somehow...

NinjaPhil
23rd March 2011, 12:32
Notice some of the other important details in there though... for example:

- We never saw them coming until they were in the atmosphere... therefore who's to say that they came from space ;)
- Ships are modular and split apart... just sayin'
- They are after water as a resource...
- They didn't take out satellites etc so communication globally was still intact... and therefore marketable
- Drone ships...

Let's just say that there were a lot of smaller details in there that to me just stuck out a little. I agree with Harley here... it definitely achieves what the higher ups would want, still a terrible film though.

Fructedor
23rd March 2011, 13:34
Giant commercial for the US Marines - of course! Just like almost any of the major war movies of the last 20-odd years. The Pentagon finances these movies, at least indirectly - they will not loan machinery and units unless the script gets their approval. Look at the war movies that came out just before or during the invasion of Iraq. Or since, for that matter. Particularly Private Ryan, which set or anchored a trend. Or all of the top-selling TV series based in military or paramilitary settings - clearly intended to inculcate unthinking obedience to 'superiors', the top of that heap usually being the divinified 'President of the United States'.

If Hermann Goering had had our technology, these are exactly the sort of 'entertainment' initiatives he would have encouraged.

Re Battle of LA - it's interesting that the aliens are never really seen - thus can be easily replaced by any current enemy figure - Arabs, Chinese ...

Whether a false flag ET invasion is actually on the cards, I can't say - seems a little over-reached to me, but I may be wrong. And there's no end to the deviousness of the power structure, as has been proved.

And yes, it's an insultingly ****ty movie.

edina
23rd March 2011, 23:41
I'm happy to see this thread, and hope someone will jump in with me for a more in-depth analysis of what showed up in this movie.

I went to see this movie with the thought in mind of how there seems to be this protocol/code of behavior that we are told what is planned before it happens.

So, I went in looking for clues. In addition to what Harley has mentioned earlier, here are a few of my thoughts off of the top of my head.

1. Obviously, shock and awe. People completely blind-sided by the events unfolding. The unexpected range of violence being thrown at people in a way that knocks them off balance.

2. Drone fighters, but it takes awhile for the movie characters to figure it out. Until then they are continually challenged by by fighters that at first appear to be so advanced that the odds seem overwhelming. Key phrase here, by Mantz when getting a closer look at the alien creature notes the weapons are biologically attached, "Now that's commitment!" he says. My internal radar went off, pay attention to this.

The commitment to perpetrate this violence may feel shocking to us. Even if we think we've mentally prepared for it. If events unfold into a FF ET Invasion, I think we can expect this.

Also, start looking for the drone connection right away. And look for ways to disrupt their signalling.

3. As they went digging into the creature to discover the heart, look closely at that scene. A vague resemblance to a human like face, in the plasmatic substance. With an organic biotechnological suit essentially married over this image. I'm not saying this is so, however, it is something to consider. In a real world situation like this, I would be looking for those organs, and I hope that if something like this should happen, that the everyday people who saw this movie would remember this.

There is often good info buried in among the disinfo, so it may be worth considering, as future reference, go straight to the side to look for the heart, but probably off by 180 degrees, so try for the left side before you dig in the right side. I know this probably seems weird, but sometimes it pays to pay attention to unusual details like this.

4. They were using our radio signals, our technologies against us. If this happens, these "invaders" are the source that also created our present technologies. They know everything we've got, and there are built in back doors, side doors, and you name it. There are implications to this that I am still mulling over.

5. One of the things I like about this movie was the small detail of how Mantz hand was shaking uncontrollably after his big heroic scene. Which, BTW, was sound lateral thinking as far as I am concerned? A strategy to tuck away in the back of mind, should it ever become needed.

Everyone, even trained professionals are never prepared for how adrenaline affects the body. I don't know if such a thread exists here, and if not, it may be a good one to post. This adrenaline rush will be a part of any campaign used in a FF ET scenario, as well as the increase number of earth related events going.

I think it would wise for people to educate themselves about how the body reacts under stress, it will not prevent the reaction, however, with understanding, it may help quicken your recovery time. Which can make a difference in living, and in saving lives.

6. Another thing I like, the attempt at a more realistic portrayal of when the Lt. lost his composure. Panic happens. It doesn't matter the level of training, or even experience, it does and can happen to anyone. Expect this, and review the way Mantz helped his LT out of it.

7. They showed some helpful recovery strategies in this movie. Attitudes that help a person recover when overwhelmed.

8. Hugely unrealistic movement through the streets. These guys were way too loud, way too busy, and way too out in the open.

9. Unrealistic hooting and hollaring over small gains. This is the programming stuff that Harley mentioned. Don't do something like that in a field of operation, keep your head instead.

I'd loved to hear what other people noticed when they saw the movie.

What places did your internal radar flag light up?

Another one for me, was the maps, I had a deja' vu with that, it felt important to me for some reason.

Before I actually commit this to black and white text, I want to qualify, my preference would be that we would never need to think like this, and I actively and daily work soulutons to this. I want this sort of potential translated into a much more creative and happy reality.

However, as I've said before, I am both optimistic and realistic, my mind just works like this....

PS, I think that when you allow yourself to see the untenable possibilities that some may try to hoist onto us, it opens up the mind for inventing creative ways to dance around these artifacts, in the subtle fields of reality.

After all, this is what the movie is trying to do, right?

Coalescing energy into a particular desired outcome.

It's like when Sepia sat deeply with the reality of the radiation molecules, she discovered a wonderful relationship in the subtle fields, see

Radio-active matter... let's be spiritual healers (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?16739-Radio-active-matter-Let-s-be-spiritual-Healers)

Like I said, there is room for using a very wide, broad range of potential in our dance of creation, what works against us, can, with understanding and wisdom also work for us.

It just seems to me that everything they throw at us to be used against us, can be translated to work for us, to the highest good of all life

Just thinking out loud.... :biggrin:

Setras
24th March 2011, 00:39
i too have seen this movie and quite enjoyed it.

not really

the acting, bad as it was, had me gripped to see which actor was the most wooden, i then gave each character a combustability score. after watching the film, i logged onto twitter and thanked seth macfarlane for allowing peter griffen to provide the same blockbusting effects he used to portray quamires death in the park (minus the robot, cleveland missed his bus).

there is a positive side that could benifit mankind from me taking the time to watch this film. i am going to spend the remainder of my life inventing a time machine, so as i can go back and cut the cable that allowed it into my life.....

I am nearly complete with the time machine as i found most of the parts in my shed...... with a note saying i had already built it and had sent the parts needed back in time to allow me to build it in the first place. unfortunately it is shaped like a tea spoon and it got put away in the draw and now i dont know which one it is.......

seriously as demonstrated this film will drive you insane and make you wish you had never heard of its existence. if you do decide to watch this film you will need the constant supervision, mainly to prevent you turning the thing off. that being said the person supervising would have probably shot themselves and left you take the wrap as punishment for making them sit through it....

str8thinker
24th March 2011, 01:50
And yes, you never see the aliens

Finally, someone caught a pic of them. I admit I missed 'em, musta been dozing. Won't embed a spoiler pic here just in case someone still wants to watch the movie after all that's been written about it here, so I'll just post a link to the blog.

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/01/battle_la_photos_so_this_is_wh.php

Lion Monkey
24th March 2011, 02:18
WOW!

If you think War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise was better, it must have been REALLY bad.;)

Lion Monkey
24th March 2011, 02:34
Haha this is amazing. More crap food for the brain. And yes, you never see the aliens, and the tech is more like the american somehow...

So it is probably very much like what a real false flag invasion will be:

No Aliens,
American Technology (except theirs is probably better than the clunky stuff in the film)
LOTS of crap food for the brain in the run-up: such as this film for instance.

I have also read that when you watch a film and there are flashing, strobing light effects (such as in a lot of the battle scenes) this is highly effective at programming the viewer's mind (including the subconscious) with whatever is being shown - in this case that we must fight the evil ET's and support the heroic government forces (let's forget Iraq 1 and 2, Afghanistan and Vietnam, the Marines are a lovely bunch of people after all!)

As soon as I was first forced to watch the add for this when it leaped to the top of every youtube search I performed for anything, I immediately thought that this is sheeple conditioning for the FF event the PTB want to pull off. I just hope they run out of the resources to be able to actually pull it off before then (or the real ETs don't let them do it, which I think more likely).

Lion Monkey
24th March 2011, 02:38
Giant commercial for the US Marines - of course! Just like almost any of the major war movies of the last 20-odd years. The Pentagon finances these movies, at least indirectly - they will not loan machinery and units unless the script gets their approval. Look at the war movies that came out just before or during the invasion of Iraq. Or since, for that matter. Particularly Private Ryan, which set or anchored a trend. Or all of the top-selling TV series based in military or paramilitary settings - clearly intended to inculcate unthinking obedience to 'superiors', the top of that heap usually being the divinified 'President of the United States'.

If Hermann Goering had had our technology, these are exactly the sort of 'entertainment' initiatives he would have encouraged.

Re Battle of LA - it's interesting that the aliens are never really seen - thus can be easily replaced by any current enemy figure - Arabs, Chinese ...

Whether a false flag ET invasion is actually on the cards, I can't say - seems a little over-reached to me, but I may be wrong. And there's no end to the deviousness of the power structure, as has been proved.

And yes, it's an insultingly ****ty movie.

You make some very good points here. Regardless of possible FF invasions in the future, this is prepping the next generation of cannon fodder for the next round of terrestrial human wars that they no doubt want to initiate.

sllim11
24th March 2011, 05:14
the navy's new ad...."a global force for good". nice.

Fructedor
24th March 2011, 14:19
the navy's new ad...."a global force for good". nice.

Yes - here in France too - a Hollywood-style teaser clip - intervention from an aircraft carrier, followed by "Continue the Mission on Marine.com". The government continues to announce price rises of up to 20% on basic household foodstuffs like flour and bread, while rejoicing in "victorious" destruction in Lybia, which costs untold millions of Euros per day. Our money by the way.

It's evil parasitism and I'm ****ing sick of it.

Lion Monkey
25th March 2011, 00:44
So everyone:

I am wasting an evening watching this film, purely from the objective point of view of analysing the deeper messages/ brainwashing in there and looking for the (not so well) hidden memes we are supposed to internalise. Some of the dialogue makes a chill run down my spine (and not only because of the awful acting). I am sure you will see why, given the context of previous discussions on this and other sites regarding the PTB's purported plans to herd us all into camps.

In one part they hear over the radio or the TV "any civillians still alive out there should get themselves to a military FOB (forward operations base) it will be the safest place for you and we will be able to protect you".

Later on to engrave this message into your mind again, we see one of the civillian characters who took refuge in a police station with his son during the early stage of the invasion, instead of going to the military base with everyone else. He has been shot in the stomach and is lying on the floor while the others try to help him. He says:

"I should have followed directions and gone to the FOB. I should have never stayed at the police station, but I was scared man. **SOB**COUGH** I've made all the wrong decisions"

Remember that when its your turn folks!

And then the sargent tell him a sob story about his tragic time in Iraq where some of his men got killed (while they were invading another country). Cue the hero music and FORGET all about abu ghraib and all the atrocities our brave boys committed out there. And somewhere out there young men watching this may be thinking "I hate working at the supermarket, and I'm a pretty good shot when I am playing computer games. God dammit, I think I'll go and join the Marines!"

And finally even if we are all reading too much into this, it is still a movie that I think will make people more stupid. I feel like my inteligence has taken a dip during the experience. Better get back to reading these forums. :)

Yes - here in France too - a Hollywood-style teaser clip - intervention from an aircraft carrier, followed by "Continue the Mission on Marine.com". The government continues to announce price rises of up to 20% on basic household foodstuffs like flour and bread, while rejoicing in "victorious" destruction in Lybia, which costs untold millions of Euros per day. Our money by the way.

It's evil parasitism and I'm ****ing sick of it.

I agree with you there Fructedor.

dejavu
25th March 2011, 01:23
I'd loved to hear what other people noticed when they saw the movie.

What places did your internal radar flag light up?

Hi Edina as you say, often info is buried in disinfo. In this movie it was well buried but your analysis I thought very accurate with many points I hadn't thought of. The only other thing I thought of was Mantz's processing of information. He didn't see it as alien but an enemy same as other enemies find their weak spot the same way you would any. Therefore your not overwhelmed or in awe, as you have pointed out people are likely to be overwhelmed as stated in your no1.

edina
26th March 2011, 22:45
Thanks dejavu, I noticed this too, it happens in a lot of these sorts of movies, the "enemy" is almost mythologized, that overwhelm factor.

This movie is not one I would normally go see. However, in this case I felt led, intuitively, to see it. There have been about three other movies lately where I felt an internal impulse to go watch, for no other reason than to keep my mind, heart and eyes open for "clues", so to speak.

Another is "The Adjustment Bureau", which I did like, and I had quite a few bells and whistles go off while watching that one. Again, something about maps....?

And "Limitless". This is just an okay movie, although I do like Brad Cooper,... I think that's the actors name. I didn't walk away from it with much of any idea as to why I felt intuitively to go see it.

Back to BLA, another thing that stood out to me is that Mantz, sort of operated from the realist framework of "Make no promises in combat." And yet, once he was willing to break away from that framework, and commit himself to a heartfelt promise, his "game", his determiner of action shifted.

I don't know if something like this would happen in real life, but it reminds me of this quote below:

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back...The moment one definitely commits, then Providence comes too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred...Whatever you can do or dream, you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now...Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this, when you just sort of leap off the mountain, fly, or die.

I can see where these times we are a-entering, may call for that measure of commitment. And a willingness to shift from our frameworks that helps us feel in control, safe, sanitised from the brutality of everything going on around us.

I still believe "heart" is a very powerful motivator for change. It may be the only true motivator that works.

Nanoo Nanoo
28th March 2011, 03:11
I saw this movie yesterday at the cinema. I enjoyed it very much. The cinematography was very good and acting in it quite good as well. While there was a bit of saccarin americana troop foreplay it wasnt laid on so thick that i felt ill.

I also had the time to be aware of the irony embedded in the movie.

An alien race comes here from many miles away to take our water ... So that they can consume the water to get back home ? Or maybe settle in LA in the valley ? Warning if you are in Malibu your new neighbours may want to use your pool !

Interesting again On the day of the movie release 03.11.11 earth quake hits Japan. The beginning date of a roll out of events to culminate in the movie scenario ?

" it must have been the aliens causing all those earth quakes ! now their here to take our water ! and move in next door and swim in our pool ! Not on your nelly ! "

Search You tube " Battle LA Behind the scenes ". They interview the actors, who have credibility for us and they all state emphatically that there MUST be life out there.

Summary : If something happens where you see things falling from the sky. Get in your car and head very quickly in the opposite direction :)

N

str8thinker
28th March 2011, 05:03
(Nanoo Nanoo) They interview the actors, who have credibility for us and they all state emphatically that there MUST be life out there.

Anyone remember the movie Starship Troopers? There was plenty of life out there. The problem was how to kill it.

mondaze
31st March 2011, 20:23
this film is trite. saving private ryan vs independence day vs alien.... the message is banal... plucky set of 7 marines win out where a whole army, air force fail? really? does anyone buy that?

Gone001
15th April 2011, 23:02
Search You tube " Battle LA Behind the scenes ". They interview the actors, who have credibility for us and they all state emphatically that there MUST be life out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYgm_QH2XAM\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYgm_QH2XAM

MariaDine
15th April 2011, 23:58
Well, the word is starting to spread....LOL !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r074ifr8NtE

Namasté

moon face alpha
16th April 2011, 21:32
This movie has been described as Black hawk down meets District9,but to me it sure has a black hawk down feeling to it for various reasons-for starters it seems to be targeting the younger age for example early teen's as did black hawk down with its release being not too long before the war on terror begun,so what i am trying to say is that this movie(black hawk down) may have been some use as a recruiting tool,it sure fooled me and spurred me on in my younger years as a soldier.For me a movie of this standard to actually get in to production is beyond me,unless those responsible(those making the funds available)had some form of agenda to achieve which for me must only be to get a certain message out to a certain age group,bearing in mind the possibility of a ET invasion be it mock or real.
The message i get from this is that this invasion may be a short time in the future possibly four to eight years going by the age group this movie appears to be aimed at.