PDA

View Full Version : Adverts for Avalon?

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 16:56
A poll and a chat.

Alfa
17th March 2011, 17:55
Ads are a good way to raise funds to the forum, it could be very interesting in a financial pov.

MargueriteBee
17th March 2011, 17:57
There is nothing wrong with Bill making enough to survive on.

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 17:59
Ads are a good way to raise funds to the forum, it could be very interesting in a financial pov.

Yeah i agree, it makes economic sense if they create valuable revenue. Why not? It's easy to be puritan and ostrich like if it's not your problem. By the way... i am not an ad fan, just realistic.

SKAWF
17th March 2011, 18:12
no ads. PLEASE!,

thats what separates this place from all the others.
i dont want to see them. i hate them.
i would be far happier paying a subscription of about £1 per month
if we all did that it would be a tidy sum each month

please, no ads.

Illuminaughty
17th March 2011, 18:13
I for one am for adverts as long as it helps Bill and PA. I cannot stand it when websites use audio ads, pop-up ads, or "congratulations, you are a winner" ads. Just remember how ads work. They track you and keep tabs of what places you've been visiting, personal info, etc..

The only times I've ever clicked on adverts were purely accidental. That's how they make 'em.

Finch
17th March 2011, 18:17
Taking some finacial burden off Bills shoulders would be a great idea, the guy is busy enough without having to worry too much about income to keep the site up. As long as theres no one trying to peddle soviet he brides, I'll be a happy man.

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 18:18
no ads. PLEASE!,

please, no ads.

Lol!! Hey i know where your coming from, i doubt a single person here wants any ads. But that doesn't pay hotel bills, bills hotels ( clever word play eh?!) Oh, i'm not setting this out trying to be a fundraiser.

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 18:34
Taking some finacial burden off Bills shoulders would be a great idea, the guy is busy enough without having to worry too much about income to keep the site up. As long as theres no one trying to peddle soviet he brides, I'll be a happy man.

How about Chinese? :rolleyes:

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 18:39
What about just on the home page? It's pretty dull and boring, it's rarely updated, just wasted space right now?

truthseekerdan
17th March 2011, 18:42
Again I see old paradigm mentality...

Money = Root of All Evil

Period! :nod:

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 18:43
Again I see old paradigm mentality...

Money = Root of All Evil

Period! :nod:

Lol, i take it you don't use money then?!

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 18:50
How about clothing ads? I offer this for the new front page :) Thanks to Twinnick who posted this on 'Getting in touch with my feminine side'. If below remains blank i failed to figure how.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XCCzcMw9CYM/TMjZpb3VL7I/AAAAAAAAKr8/4W9BRA4nlFU/s1600/9052d1229980890-girls-guns-gng.jpg

John Parslow
17th March 2011, 18:54
Hello Aroundthetable

Ads are totally unnecessary now that we have a donate button IMO ...

Best regards to all. JP :cool:

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 18:57
Hello Aroundthetable

Ad revenue stream is more reliable perhaps? Of course i'm making an assumption that there is actually money available via ads, maybe not. In any case, donate button is good but a different thing.

Finch
17th March 2011, 19:10

How about Chinese? :rolleyes:

! ..... :decision: Chinese are fine :o

Peace of Mind
17th March 2011, 19:19
hmm, a touchy one...

Maybe, I guess it depends on the type of Ads? Much of what’s discussed here is against corporations…so why promote them. I know the economy is tough but there is always a way to get by. It isn’t up to anyone else but the person in need to get what he/she needs. I don’t know about his financial situation, but (imo) to suddenly have advertisements might hurt the credibility and integrity of the site.

If you think funds are needed then reach into your own pockets and support the cause. I would have no problem supporting, but just about everything I see here are on other sites, or I already knew about the material being discussed, or the material is weak in its presentation…therefore promoting more skepticism and less activism. Plus, a lot of the most interesting info comes directly from the forum members.

One reason I stopped going to most of these sites is because they started asking for money…but offered very little in return other than a bunch of fear mongering and unproven stories. One site owner told me I had to pay a fee in order to read what is being said /shown in an exclusive hidden area of the forum. WOW. All the while he preached about loving everyone and how important it was for them to learn what he knows…

If you are in the know of some very important life changing information you should feel honored to share it freely. It always comes back. Energy out energy in. What goes around comes around. Good deeds never go unnoticed. If the owner of these sites are on the up an up, they will be alright and support will come in from everywhere, even from the places you least expected. Everyone loves and supports the hero. Sooooo, if you want to pay…do what you feel is right. It’s your choice…just choose wisely. Make sure you’re getting what you pay for.

Besides, money (the most evil thing in the world) might bring more headaches than solutions…because there are no ads or admission fees are probably why this place is running so well.

with all due respect

Peace

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 19:25
hmm, a touchy one...

Maybe, I guess it depends on the type of Ads? Much of what’s discussed here is against corporations…so why promote them. I know the economy is tough but there is always a way to get by. It isn’t up to anyone else but the person in need to get what he/she needs. I don’t know about his financial situation, but (imo) to suddenly have advertisements might hurt the credibility and integrity of the site.

If you think funds are needed then reach into your own pockets and support the cause. I would have no problem supporting, but just about everything I see here are on other sites, or I already knew about the material being discussed, or the material is weak in its presentation…therefore promoting more skepticism and less activism. Plus, a lot of the most interesting info comes directly from the forum members.

One reason I stopped going to most of these sites is because they started asking for money…but offered very little in return other than a bunch of fear mongering and unproven stories. One site owner told me I had to pay a fee in order to read what is being said /shown in an exclusive hidden area of the forum. WOW. All the while he preached about loving everyone and how important it was for them to learn what he knows…

If you are in the know of some very important life changing information you should feel honored to share it freely. It always comes back. Energy out energy in. What goes around comes around. Good deeds never go unnoticed. If the owner of these sites are on the up an up, they will be alright and support will come in from everywhere, even from the places you least expected. Everyone loves and supports the hero. Sooooo, if you want to pay…do what you feel is right. It’s your choice…just choose wisely. Make sure you’re getting what you pay for.

Besides, money (the most evil thing in the world) might bring more headaches than solutions…because there are no ads or admission fees are probably why this place is running so well.

with all due respect

Peace

Thanks for post, no respect required! I did say appropriate ads. To clarify my personal opinion, i don't care either way because this is not how i make my living. Although i did sleep in a van for three years.

Champion the Wonderhorse
17th March 2011, 19:31
Hello Aroundthetable

Hi John

I think it all depends what the ads are about. As long as its a help me, help you sort of thing.
I'm sure Bill could find useful ads to benefit us all. In which case I'd gladly purchase.
Some of Kerry's ads are useful. I've purchased some meditation software which I'm satisfied with.

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 19:33
Hello Aroundthetable

Hi John

I think it all depends what the ads are about. As long as its a help me, help you sort of thing.
I'm sure Bill could find useful ads to benefit us all. In which case I'd gladly purchase.
Some of Kerry's ads are useful. I've purchased some meditation software which I'm satisfied with.

I think that's a very reasonable approach.

Champion the Wonderhorse
17th March 2011, 19:34
#

Thanks

Default Re: Adverts for Avalon?

How about clothing ads? I offer this for the new front page Thanks to Twinnick who posted this on 'Getting in touch with my feminine side'. If below remains blank i failed to figure how.

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Bookmark Post
#
Remove Your Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to aroundthetable For This Useful Post:

Champion the Wonderhorse (Today)

Looks like I'm the only brave one!

Ivanhoe
17th March 2011, 19:37
I wouldn't mind adds if they were appropriate to the site, i.e., self help, helpfull info, spirituality, etc., but the adds should be approved by Bill since he's the founder of Avalon.
The adds would in some respect reflect on him and I for one would be ok with that if he "ok'd" them in some way.

aroundthetable
17th March 2011, 19:37
Lol, that's cos your a horse! :p

Bill Ryan
17th March 2011, 21:08
no ads. PLEASE!,

please, no ads.

Don't worry! It's not going to happen. :)

But I do appreciate the sincere intention to brainstorm and discuss ideas.

The economic model I operate on is that if you generate value, then value is returned to you. One might have to surrender control of the process (and the returns come in unexpected and mysterious ways!). But the equation holds true, in the end.

sygh
17th March 2011, 21:21
How about appropriate ads and donations? It never hurts to ask for donations, or have a donation drive. These are very successful and can be a lot of fun. Never thought money was the root of all evil, it's the user, money's just the interface. Bill, do you take chickens? ;)

How many chickens does it take to equal a cow?

Many chickens have been laid-off. You know what that means? It means we have half as many chickens working twice as long to produce the same amount of eggs. Something has got to give.

K626
17th March 2011, 21:24
no ads. PLEASE!,

please, no ads.

The economic model I operate on is that if you generate value, then value is returned to you. One might have to surrender control of the process (and the returns come in unexpected and mysterious ways!). But the equation holds true, in the end.

The universe always balances and it has a long memory. Oldskool and whatnot.

K

MMA_Fan
17th March 2011, 21:34
no ads. PLEASE!,

please, no ads.

Hi Bill,

I started a thread about a week ago discussing you doing tours (specifically in the UK). http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?16067-Would-you-like-to-see-Bill-speaking-on-tours-in-UK

Would you care to comment?

R,
Jim

Jendayi
17th March 2011, 22:19
why not use our own creativity?
we have some fine conscious producers and musicians here on Avalon.
if each of them shared a master recording from one of their best songs for an Avalon compilation cd, this cd could be sold within the extended network of avalonians..
all money earned can be donated to Bill and avalon. what it will do for the artists that are willing to contribute, is bring them in touch with a potentially huge network of awake people that are looking for something new, refreshing and conscious... let's call it "enlightainment" (wow, just came up with that one! erm.. i humbly ask to be acknowledged for coining this phrase ;) ) i'm gonna share this one with the world, starting tomorrow during an interview i am doing.. (just giving my ego some space there) ok, on topic again..
so.. an "enlightaining" (damn, i really love this new word! it's right up my alley) cd with the best avalonians have to offer... add a booklet that is packed with info about these aware musicians, hot topics on avalon, art (by avalonians of course), poetry (yep, you guessed it) and other related info... we could even make documentaries ourselves! portets of avalonians who are willing to show viewers their way of life... examples of "Off the grid" living that actually show it can be done.. by avalonians, for humanity...

Dear friends.. while typing this more and more ideas are flowing through me that could help us reach out to the world.. i feel a huge warmth in my heart...
the possibilities are endless..
Each of us who has a video camera can go in to their own neighbourhood, everyone knows at least one other person who lives completely different from what is generally known.. these people can be asked to share how they do it.. each of us has a friend, family member or that stranger that keeps crossing your path, we could ask them... to share.. and tell the world..

on avalon, a webshop could be set up where all "products" are sold for cost price + let's say 15% for avalon and the option to add a donated amount that could be split with the musician/artist/filmmaker and avalon 50/50.. in this way Avalon gets an income, the avalonians that are contributing have the change to make some money that could help them in their personal lives and in the end we are doing ourselves and the world a favour.. the only way left to reach the masses is by entertainment... sorry, enLIGHTainment, so why not show ourselves in an entertaining, maybe even lighthearted, humorous way and in the process support Bill and Project Avalon... we have the creativity, we have the heart.... do we have the courage? I believe we do!

This might be it... i am no prophet... but isn't this all that we have left? We've tried fighting, we've tried hiding, we've tried complaining, we have even tried to "be"....

what if we tried taking "co-creation" of it's socket and looked at it from a different perspective..
that it is a creative process.. a creative process... so, what if being creative is exactly that... what if... creativity is the key... each of us has/does something we love and that we are good at... our creative expertise if you will, if we each expressed that expertise and shared it with the rest around us.. all would fall in to place.. and new forms of creative expressions can begin to thrive, replacing the outdated ones..
it's so easy... we just need to get out of our shells and share the golden nuggets we have kept from the world and to ourselves... we are indeed the ones we have been waiting for...
so.. let's get creative people! if and when we get even a little organised we can get 100 new servers and a brand new Camper Van (R.V. for those located in the U.S.) with a sattelite internet connection for bill so he will allways have a nice warm place to sleep and share his message with the world..

please take this seed of thought and ideas and give it water, so that it may grow and flourish.... we can take avalon to a whole new level together and have some fun with it too!!!
I love you guys and gals! you inspire me.. it is my hope and wish i am able to return the favor...
namaste! :grouphug:
Jendayi

p.s.
I do not claim any authority here.. i just felt really inspired to raise this topic to a level where co-creation instead of co-dependance becomes the focus of keeping avalon afloat and even taking her to new seas and undiscoverd shores.. no offense intended..
p.p.s.
we could also trade skills, resources, (living)space, knowhow, seeds, food and other services instead of money.. (i do like to add, that, while money is still a part of our current paradigm, we should use it wisely and we should definitely not be afraid of having some)

Herbert
17th March 2011, 23:00
Bill has discovered one of the secrets to creation and is walking the talk. I'm surprised more people here have not figured that out.

blake
19th March 2011, 17:04
no ads. PLEASE!,

please, no ads.

The universe always balances and it has a long memory. Oldskool and whatnot.

K

And sometimes that long memory is over lifetimes! So difficult for us mere mortals to appreciate the balance of it all sometimes.

MariaDine
19th March 2011, 17:16
Donate , YES.
Adds, NO

Namasté