PDA

View Full Version : Ground moving in japan

TheSwede
18th March 2011, 20:19
I found this fascinating seeing the ground looking alive and cracks forming under hes feet, like the crust is pulsating or alive.

Never seen it like this before, it looks so harmonic and alive if you look away from the tragedy that have happened.

wa0WpKVAn3M?rel=0

Thought I should share it, since I myself never seen it like that before.

Autumn
18th March 2011, 20:28
Wow ... looks like the earth is breathing. Fantastic. I would probably have run away ... or at least had a noticable quiver in my voice. A more high pitched voice I might add but then again I'm from little Denmark and I have never felt an earth quake haha.

Lettherebelight
18th March 2011, 20:29
Thank you The Swede, for sharing this fascinating footage.

Do you have any more information on it, ie. location in Japan, when was it filmed, etc.

Again, thank you. I've never seen anything like this before.

Lettherebelight
18th March 2011, 20:39
Just checked it out.

Video was shot moments after big earthquake last week, in a large park near Tokyo.

Makes you realise how the earth's crust is really on the move.

Etherios
18th March 2011, 21:02
omg how can the earth move when there isnt any earquakes happening? omg....

jorr lundstrom
18th March 2011, 21:57
Tanx Swede. Its when you dont trust the earth anymore that you

decide to become a sailor.:thumb:

InTheBackground
18th March 2011, 22:13
It looks like that land is floating... :eek:

Zepheriah
18th March 2011, 22:18
Thats is both beautiful and utterly bizzare.

Amazing.

iceman
19th March 2011, 00:48
very interesting was this shot the day of the big japan quake after during some after shocks?

TheSwede
19th March 2011, 01:34
Thank you The Swede, for sharing this fascinating footage.

Do you have any more information on it, ie. location in Japan, when was it filmed, etc.

Again, thank you. I've never seen anything like this before.

I manage to track down the source and its from here:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/03/11/ireport.kooi.cracked.japan.quake.cnn?iref=videosearch

Its filmed by CNN iReporter Brent Kooi located in Chiba city, Japan. According to the original footage.

Just wanna add that I didn't post it on youtube =) Stumbled upon it from some random site, hehe.

SKIBADABOMSKI
19th March 2011, 02:28
Great footage.

This is what everyone has been feeling here. Sometimes you think it's just in your mind that the earth is moving. Because without seeing the cracks open and close it's seriously hard to know if your being paranoid or dizzy. Lucky he had cracks in the floor to observe. It's stopped doing it now but this type of swaying lasted for days.

Brilliant find because this sums up exactly the erie swaying I tried to explain but couldn't really put into words incase I was just being paranoid.

Thanks for this.

Ski-

the trojan
19th March 2011, 03:07
that was awesome!
A wee aside...the guy mentions that he thought it was him that was sick or dizzy or something....
well for the past month I have been feeling at times as if my balance is kind of off and I may be about to faint...never comes to anything though....
could the whole planet be doing this only at different extremes...?

Hervé
19th March 2011, 03:18
Thank you TheSwede; very impressive video.

Here is for the mechanics:

The slingy represents the propagation of seismique "P" waves. "P" stands for "Primary" waves as they travel faster than the "S" (Secondary) waves. P-waves have similar behaviour as compressional sound waves except they have a very much lower frequency, as seen in the video.

Check out here for more:

http://www.thetech.org/exhibits_events/online/quakes/waves/p&s_waves.html

Here is for the "S" wave motion:

SO, when you are standing on both combined... seasickness could occur :sick: