PDA

View Full Version : Fukushima 50: Dead Men Walking

Oliver
19th March 2011, 08:01
They are total of 200 Japanese workers that work in groups of 50 24/7 trying to solve Fukushima nuclear reactors. Japanese already call them "Fukusima 50" group.
They will all die.
Many experts say that it is a matter of weeks only for them to start dying from radiation and having heavy diseases.
One of them has written a short letter to his wife:"Please, keep living normally, I won't be back for some time".
Another one, who is 59 year old (only two months before his pension), went voluntarily to work with them, knowing he will die.
I always admired the Japanese culture, and specially their feeling of HONOR. The positive side of the samurai codex. The fact that these days there are not criminal activities in Japan is a result of that honor. It is unacceptable for a Japanese to lose his/her honor.
A family from my country who live in Japan say in an interview that every morning after the catastrophe, their neigbors leave food and water in front of their door -- they do care for everyone there, organized, calm and unselfish.
But, Fukushima 50...So far, five of them have already died, two have disappeared, 21 are injured. They will all die. And they all know that. And they are still working on saving what can be saved.
Please, friends, mention Fukushima 50 group in your prayers. They are living proof that there is something priceless inside us, humans. Something that make the best representatives of our kind to sacrifice their lives for others.
Fukushima 50, dead men walking, living legends, humankind inspiration and a reason to love unconditionally.
We don't know their faces, but please, friends, pray for them... and cry for them.

Namaste, Nippon!

http://obrag.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/f50.jpg

bennycog
19th March 2011, 08:10
Trying to find words but who really does for these guys.. I can i only say i see what they are doing there.. Their story will be told forever..

Oliver
19th March 2011, 08:17
Thank you!

Lord Sidious
19th March 2011, 08:19
I have always had a very deep affection for the Nipponese and their culture.
Don't start me on their food.
I will never forget when the miniseries Shogun came on tv when I was a kid.
That resonated with me BIGTIME.
I bought the dvd box set of it and I would recommend it to anyone.
And the behaviour of these Nipponese you speak of is typical, self sacrifice for their people.
I bet the Nipponese never forget them or their sacrifice.

Oliver
19th March 2011, 08:31
Thank you, Lord Sidious!
Not only Japanese to remember them forever, but the whole world.
They are manifesting the best inside us, humans.

Icecold
19th March 2011, 08:31
I have several Japanese students. They are my favourite students to teach. Their parents are exemplary human beings and always welcome me with unequaled grace and courtesy. I love the Japanese people. They have great spirit. My thoughts are with these men. They set an example for all of us.

On a larger scale, if we are to lead the changes against the elites, we should do so with the same integrity and spirit of sacrifice....for our fellow humans. It is the best we can do.

Oliver
19th March 2011, 08:49
A young Japanese girl, whose father is one of Fukushima 50 group, wrote on Twitter: " I stopped my tears when I understood that my father went voluntarily in Fukushima. I was never so proud of him."

Irra Kelfand, an American expert for radiation: " Their bodies are completely radiated. They will get leukemia or cancer. They know what will happen to them and are introduced with all risks -- this is why their decision to stay at the nuclear plant and to help about the catastrophe made them even bigger heroes. They know that many people would die if they allow nuclear reactors to be melted. We have to be grateful to them more than we are."

Glory!

Tangri
19th March 2011, 08:59
They are total of 200 Japanese workers that work in groups of 50 24/7 trying to solve Fukushima nuclear reactors. Japanese already call them "Fukusima 50" group.
They will all die.
Many experts say that it is a matter of weeks only for them to start dying from radiation and having heavy diseases.
One of them has written a short letter to his wife:"Please, keep living normally, I won't be back for some time".
Another one, who is 59 year old (only two months before his pension), went voluntarily to work with them, knowing he will die.
I always admired the Japanese culture, and specially their feeling of HONOR. The positive side of the samurai codex. The fact that these days there are not criminal activities in Japan is a result of that honor. It is unacceptable for a Japanese to lose his/her honor.
A family from my country who live in Japan say in an interview that every morning after the catastrophe, their neigbors leave food and water in front of their door -- they do care for everyone there, organized, calm and unselfish.
But, Fukushima 50...So far, five of them already have died, two disappeared, 21 are hurt. They will all die. And they all know that. And they are still working on saving what can be saved.
Please, friends, mention Fukushima 50 group in your prayers. They are living proof that there is something priceless inside us, humans. Something that make the best representatives of our kind to sacrifice their lives for others.
Fukushima 50, dead men walking, living legends, humankind inspiration and a reason to love unconditionally.
We don't know their faces, but please, friends, pray for them... and cry for them.

Namaste, Nipon!

http://obrag.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/f50.jpg

I am wandering if there is any management personal belong that 200 people? Any Politicians (who support the idea that nuclear power is cheaper than other alternatives) whom responsibility to decide the power plant there when they were calculating the coast did they calculated lost of the human life?

Anchor
19th March 2011, 09:06
I wonder.

It is my hope that they will find a way to be healed.

Anything can be healed

Anything is possible

"They will all die." is defeatist (though factually true - after all, we will all die)

Never give up hope.

Help them.

Huma
19th March 2011, 09:10
I have to concur with the outpouring of affection for these people, I too have loved there culture since I was a young boy, and I have a good friend of mine over there as well (he's american) who was staying in japan indefinitely or awhile, he is in southern japan, and is ok. This whole thing has been very upsetting....this is the country I most wanted to visit for my first trip out of the U.S.

We truly need to make a change, and things like this only serve to sicken me when I know this never needed to happen. People often look for messiah's, leaders of ascension, and people filled with new age-isms, or anything else that tickles there sense of the divine or sacred, or even heroism and ethics. I look at these honorable men, who have likely lead as imperfect a life as any of us likely have, and find that they are a clear example of what we need more of in this world.

Calz
19th March 2011, 09:12
I am wandering if there is any management personal belong that 200 people? Any Politicians (who support the idea that nuclear power is cheaper than other alternatives) whom responsibility to decide the power plant there when they were calculating the coast did they calculated lost of the human life?

How many politicians who vote for war suddenly get "patriotic" and volunteer for the front lines???

ViralSpiral
19th March 2011, 09:25
I too weep for those selfless souls who risk all, consciously....

Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart. - Proverb.

http://www.myspacegraphicsandanimations.com/images/animated-flame-heart-rose.gif

Oliver
19th March 2011, 09:36
Friends,
I wouldn't enter some side discussions connected with Fukushima. There are other threads dedicated to those problems. I would like this place to be dedicated only to those brave souls of workers, a kind of sanctuary for them.
Give them your love and compassion.
Greetings!

Oliver
19th March 2011, 20:54
A friend of mine has directed me to this

This beautiful letter came from a student in Sendai telling of his experience since the earthquake/tsunami hit. It reinforces the truth that hardship can fuel the greatest bonds between people.

A letter from Sendai

Things here in Sendai have been rather surreal. But I am very blessed to have wonderful friends who are helping me a lot. Since my shack is even more worthy of that name, I am now staying at a friend’s home. We share supplies like water, food and a kerosene heater. We sleep lined up in one room, eat by candlelight, share stories. It is warm, friendly, and beautiful.

During the day we help each other clean up the mess in our homes. People sit in their cars, looking at news on their navigation screens, or line up to get drinking water when a source is open. If someone has water running in their home, they put out a sign so people can come to fill up their jugs and buckets.

It’s utterly amazingly that where I am there has been no looting, no pushing in lines. People leave their front door open, as it is safer when an earthquake strikes. People keep saying, “Oh, this is how it used to be in the old days when everyone helped one another.”

Quakes keep coming. Last night they struck about every 15 minutes. Sirens are constant and helicopters pass overhead often.

We got water for a few hours in our homes last night, and now it is for half a day. Electricity came on this afternoon. Gas has not yet come on. But all of this is by area. Some people have these things, others do not. No one has washed for several days. We feel grubby, but there are so much more important concerns than that for us now. I love this peeling away of non-essentials. Living fully on the level of instinct, of intuition, of caring, of what is needed for survival, not just of me, but of the entire group.

There are strange parallel universes happening. Houses a mess in some places, yet then a house with futons or laundry out drying in the sun. People lining up for water and food, and yet a few people out walking their dogs. All happening at the same time.

Other unexpected touches of beauty are first, the silence at night. No cars. No one out on the streets. And the heavens at night are scattered with stars. I usually can see about two, but now the whole sky is filled. The mountains are Sendai are solid and with the crisp air we can see them silhouetted against the sky magnificently.

And the Japanese themselves are so wonderful. I come back to my shack to check on it each day, now to send this e-mail since the electricity is on, and I find food and water left in my entranceway. I have no idea from whom, but it is there. Old men in green hats go from door to door checking to see if everyone is OK. People talk to complete strangers asking if they need help. I see no signs of fear. Resignation, yes, but fear or panic, no.

They tell us we can expect aftershocks, and even other major quakes, for another month or more. And we are getting constant tremors, rolls, shaking, rumbling. I am blessed in that I live in a part of Sendai that is a bit elevated, a bit more solid than other parts. So, so far this area is better off than others. Last night my friend’s husband came in from the country, bringing food and water. Blessed again.

Somehow at this time I realize from direct experience that there is indeed an enormous Cosmic evolutionary step that is occurring all over the world right at this moment. And somehow as I experience the events happening now in Japan, I can feel my heart opening very wide. My brother asked me if I felt so small because of all that is happening. I don’t. Rather, I feel as part of something happening that much larger than myself. This wave of birthing (worldwide) is hard, and yet magnificent.

Etherios
20th March 2011, 12:17
A friend of mine has directed me to this

This beautiful letter came from a student in Sendai telling of his experience since the earthquake/tsunami hit. It reinforces the truth that hardship can fuel the greatest bonds between people.

A letter from Sendai

Things here in Sendai have been rather surreal. But I am very blessed to have wonderful friends who are helping me a lot. Since my shack is even more worthy of that name, I am now staying at a friend’s home. We share supplies like water, food and a kerosene heater. We sleep lined up in one room, eat by candlelight, share stories. It is warm, friendly, and beautiful.

During the day we help each other clean up the mess in our homes. People sit in their cars, looking at news on their navigation screens, or line up to get drinking water when a source is open. If someone has water running in their home, they put out a sign so people can come to fill up their jugs and buckets.

It’s utterly amazingly that where I am there has been no looting, no pushing in lines. People leave their front door open, as it is safer when an earthquake strikes. People keep saying, “Oh, this is how it used to be in the old days when everyone helped one another.”

Quakes keep coming. Last night they struck about every 15 minutes. Sirens are constant and helicopters pass overhead often.

We got water for a few hours in our homes last night, and now it is for half a day. Electricity came on this afternoon. Gas has not yet come on. But all of this is by area. Some people have these things, others do not. No one has washed for several days. We feel grubby, but there are so much more important concerns than that for us now. I love this peeling away of non-essentials. Living fully on the level of instinct, of intuition, of caring, of what is needed for survival, not just of me, but of the entire group.

There are strange parallel universes happening. Houses a mess in some places, yet then a house with futons or laundry out drying in the sun. People lining up for water and food, and yet a few people out walking their dogs. All happening at the same time.

Other unexpected touches of beauty are first, the silence at night. No cars. No one out on the streets. And the heavens at night are scattered with stars. I usually can see about two, but now the whole sky is filled. The mountains are Sendai are solid and with the crisp air we can see them silhouetted against the sky magnificently.

And the Japanese themselves are so wonderful. I come back to my shack to check on it each day, now to send this e-mail since the electricity is on, and I find food and water left in my entranceway. I have no idea from whom, but it is there. Old men in green hats go from door to door checking to see if everyone is OK. People talk to complete strangers asking if they need help. I see no signs of fear. Resignation, yes, but fear or panic, no.

They tell us we can expect aftershocks, and even other major quakes, for another month or more. And we are getting constant tremors, rolls, shaking, rumbling. I am blessed in that I live in a part of Sendai that is a bit elevated, a bit more solid than other parts. So, so far this area is better off than others. Last night my friend’s husband came in from the country, bringing food and water. Blessed again.

Somehow at this time I realize from direct experience that there is indeed an enormous Cosmic evolutionary step that is occurring all over the world right at this moment. And somehow as I experience the events happening now in Japan, I can feel my heart opening very wide. My brother asked me if I felt so small because of all that is happening. I don’t. Rather, I feel as part of something happening that much larger than myself. This wave of birthing (worldwide) is hard, and yet magnificent.

They are truelly worth praising. My blessing to them all and may those that left or will leave ... come back to us again soon.

TimelessDimensions
20th March 2011, 17:44
two disappeared

Reminds me of the Manhattan Project when a navy ship totally disappeared in a green fog.

The power of Nuclear radiation is not always "bad", those with a positive mind can use Nuclear energy to accelerate their own space/time.
Unfortunately, this also applies to those with a negative mind and Nuclear radiation accelerates their own space/time leading to insanity, sickness and physical death.

aikisaw
24th March 2011, 02:13
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369216/Fukushima-Fifty-First-pictures-emerge-inside-Japans-stricken-nuclear-power-plant.html

The Daily Mail update with pictures.

5 are believed to be dead, 15 are injured. All are facing death.

These are brave men. They need our prayers , good will, and thanks.

The first paragraph and a few pictures.

The darkness is broken only by the flashing torchlight of the heroes who stayed behind.

These first images of inside the stricken Fukushima Dai-Ichi power plant reveal the terrifying conditions under which the brave men work to save their nation from full nuclear meltdown.

The Fukushima Fifty - an anonymous band of lower and mid-level managers - have battled around the clock to cool overheating reactors and spent fuel rods since the disaster on March 11.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/23/article-0-0B4D349000000578-988_634x437.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/23/article-0-0B4D306500000578-14_634x378.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/23/article-1369216-0B4E8A0600000578-629_634x713.jpg

This only part of a much larger article.

aikisaw
26th March 2011, 10:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AyPbhFPmlY&feature=player_embedded

Oliver
31st March 2011, 14:23
There are some news today that Fukushima 50 workers are totally exhausted. With days and weeks, they eat only two times a day (usually very poor meals of rice, as there is no food supply), each of them has only 1,5 liters of water daily...

Bob_2011
31st March 2011, 15:28
There are some news today that Fukushima 50 workers are totally exhausted. With days and weeks, they eat only two times a day (usually very poor meals of rice, as there is no food supply), each of them has only 1,5 liters of water daily...

What i dont understand if that is true about how poorly these guys are being treated, is why treat them this way, you would think they would be treated like lords/ ie given the very best thats available, after all the future health of their and other nations are at risk. and they are the guys doing the dirty work , they are sacrificing the lengths of their lives for others.

Now i hear only one or two guys in the group that work there are given radiation monitors, WTF is going on.

Lord Sidious
31st March 2011, 16:22

What i dont understand if that is true about how poorly these guys are being treated, is why treat them this way, you would think they would be treated like lords/ ie given the very best thats available, after all the future health of their and other nations are at risk. and they are the guys doing the dirty work , they are sacrificing the lengths of their lives for others.

Now i hear only one or two guys in the group that work there are given radiation monitors, WTF is going on.

They all know they won't come out of that place alive.
This is a suicide mission that they are on.