PDA

View Full Version : I find it funny

jupiter
21st March 2011, 06:37
I find it funny to watch the reactions of people when you suddenly rock their belief system, like their jaw dropping so far that it obviously hurts when it comes in contact with the table like a mate of mine concerning UFO`s,however I was quite suprised from the reaction a bit closer to home ,namely my parents.I was up visiting and we got on to the subject of 9/11, now I dont care one way or another about peoples personal thoughts on the matter ,and being from Australia I obviously do not have the same heart felt opinions as our American friends and I wish to appolagise in advance to anyone that is upset from me bringing the subject up.
The up shot was that I`m of the opinion that the governments exlpination just dose not add up.
My parents were starting to get a bit crappy with me so we left it there,unfinished
Dont get me wrong I have an excellent relationship with both my parents ,thats not in question.
About a month later I droped in for another visit (they are 3 hours away) and happened to burn a disc that I put together showing the glearing mistakes and the reaction was like throwing petrol on a fire,what ever the evidence my mother said do you honestly believe the government would do that to there own people and from that moment refused to talk about the matter, either of them no matter what the evidence
So my question is ,given the opinions of people in this forum on a wide range of subjects, are not necessary main stream,has anyone encountered similar reactions from close friends and family and has it affected your relationships.
In my case the relationship with my parents is still rock solid so long as the subject dosen`t come up again :boxing:
Its obviously easy to keep ones head in the sand for some
Peace and happiness
Kindest regards James

Teakai
21st March 2011, 06:48
Hi Jupiter - I know just what you mean. Haven't had any damaged relationships over it - but possibly only because I've just let it drop.

It wouldn't be my choice to fall out of any kind of relationship over it - but some people have quite an attachement to their opinions and can really hold the truth against you :)

Davidallany
21st March 2011, 07:02
I am very careful when leaking information. I've noticed that there are four kinds of reactions, the first is strong and sharp dismissal of the information, in some cases people can go as far as writing you up, the second reaction is that of disbelief associated with total detachment and accompanied by desperately evading the subject matter with a peculiar smile, the third reaction is the apparent acceptance of the information, but forgetting it the next day and continuing with the hypnotized group, the forth is where people already know something that you do or have a piece of the puzzle.

Lucrum
21st March 2011, 07:09
I know what you mean, and I've countered this by slowly bringing them into the loop. Test the waters, are they subjectable to shocking info?
Throw out a bait, see if they get interested and maybe look it up themselves.

I've had people coming back to me asking about something I mentioned vaguely, because they looked it up themselves.

I guess many of us go straight into denial whenever we get told things that feel unreal, and in a way I can understand that. It shouldn't be the reality that we can't trust what governmental officials tells us, but that's sadly the case.

Maybe your parents will come back to the subject on their own accord, whenever they've had time to process what you told and showed them. :)

Autumn
21st March 2011, 07:30
Hi Jupiter. Welcome to the forum.

I definetly know what you mean but I'm more of a freight train when it comes to that - I don't stop, and many find that irritating. Especially my husband who is a happy consumer zombie. I've had discussions with my mother lately and I feel I'm making progress with her. Davidallany puts it quite well in #3 describing the four reactions but I think it's more like four steps to go through and not just four different reactions. It is like it is possible to drop little bombs to make the zombie acustom to the booms and then up the atillery. I see this in my mother because I didn't give up and she has now gone through all four. She's comming around. But it's a balance very hard to maintain when prying open peoples eyes.

Your mothers reaction is a perfect example of government brainwash going smoothly. But it is far from the first nor the last time that a government uses war/terror against its own people to accomplish something. America did the same when wanting to go into Cuba. They needed the people on their side and what better way than uniting them in blood thirst, ignorance/gullability and a hat trick based on shock mentality? It's all about manitpulation ... often I wonder if waking people up has to be done the same way. As it SMACK! Woops did I just accidently smack you in the face with the truth. Too close to ignore now, huh? Well, here's some more just to keep your mind off the first shock.

xeon
21st March 2011, 07:41
Tell me about it. I split with a friend a few months ago due to huge differences in our belief systems. He is a dead-on orthodox Christian, and me, I would rather be "spiritual" and follow my spirit's path, and not limit myself to a set order of dogma to govern my mind.

Recently, I got into trouble with some guys from a nature forum which I am a member of, for daring to "suggest" that global warming was a scam. I was promptly given long winded and detailed lectures on the validity and proofs of global warming and why it was man-made. I wanted to say that global warming was a far more complex issue than they think, and that Al Gore and other individuals stand to become extremely rich from the "scam" they purportedly champion, but decided against it in the end....

Don't get me wrong, these are good/decent people, but they are very deep into their conditioning and beliefs (as are people everywhere), so nothing short of the oceans turning into ice in front of their eyes would convince them otherwise.

Which is why, I continue to have serious doubts as to whether there will be any global "awakening" in the near future..

A person's belief system is everything to him/her, so with billions of DIFFERING belief systems in the world today - I wonder how messed up heaven would be if everyone actually went to the same heaven! - J/K :heh:

Shezbeth
21st March 2011, 08:27
I have had similar experiences. My father - an exceptional intellectual, but a MSM and 'official story' nut. He has tried to 'enlighten' me and vice versa and all that has come about is that we have a variety of topics which are now "taboo". It saddens me that it has actually strained our relationship. Others have not responded with such vehement opposition, and one friend in particular who 6 mos ago was saying "No way that could happen" is now asking me on a regular basis what my impressions on events and situations are. It is exceptionally pleasing to witness, not so much a jaw-dropping aspect, but particular individuals and their realizations that ('crazy' as they may sound) my explainations make significantly more sense. The downside is that they are coming to accept and even rely on the shenanigens of TPTB as reality. ^_^

Chelle
21st March 2011, 08:38
So my question is ,given the opinions of people in this forum on a wide range of subjects, are not necessary main stream,has anyone encountered similar reactions from close friends and family and has it affected your relationships.

Hi,

I don't bother discussing my opinions to anyone any more. The reaction you received is very typical in my experience. I just throw a small, digestible, nugget of info at people and see how they react. I have a scientific background and if I even spout of about some of the interesting text book info, some people look at you as if you've lost your mind. It really is funny and you can't win.

Kind Regards
Chelle

crosby
21st March 2011, 08:44
thanks for the thread Jupiter. i've been encountering the same with the elder generation in my circle of family and friends. some just cannot fathom the deep dark sinister, behind the scenes actions. their mindset is "old school". they honestly believe that the governments in place, for all intents and purposes, are there to guide and protect it's citizens...... no matter what i try to show or tell them, they think i've snapped my cap, so to speak. although, in the same instance, they do believe that something isn't quite right as well. so, i think they're at the beginning stages of waking up, but they're fighting it at the same time. perhaps they're too far along in life to want to believe in anything but the old paradigm. i just smile and keep nudging them slowly whenever the opportunity arises. i've had a few that actually have yelled at and scolded me for talking such "nonsense". and i've seen a few that jokingly say things like: "what's the crazy news in your world today"........plus the ones who kind of avoid me altogether. and there are one or two that actually listen quietly and maybe go home and do their own research without stirring the pot within their personal dynamics.......who knows if they can come too accept a different world, and the actuality of what our present world is. but i keep trying. i agree with Shezbeth in the fact that i believe they have become to dependent and accepting of the way tptw have designed their lives for them. it's kinda like the "wait and see" scenario.... thanks again.
regards, corson

ROMANWKT
21st March 2011, 09:22
I have now been a loner for the past 15 years because of the things that I have found for my 32 years of dealing with this subject, people don't want to know, I am always rocking their boat. I have given up many times of sharing, but in reality I will never give up.

jupiter
21st March 2011, 09:28
Hi xeon,thanks for your honest reply.Boy dont get me started on global warming,thats another taboo subject with my parents.If you ever come up against someone with a main stream attatude ask them one question ,If man, or woman for that matter is soley responsible for the heating of the planet,ask them why the other planets are heating up as well, if the don`t believe you you can point out that the Southern ( I think that is the correct one without checking) equatorial band of clouds on Jupiter has dissapeared ,the first time ever in the history of observations also the ice core samples indicate that the earth has been much hotter in the past when we wern`t around. I will cut the opposition a bit of slack and grant them that the extra gasses going into the atmosphere may be agravating whats going on but I do not think it is the sole underlying cause.
I once went to a lecture on global warming by a woman that had been to the US and was coached by AL Gore personaly ,her words not mine,
after the lecture people were milling about asking her questions ,at that stage I hadn`t made up my mind as to the validity of the asumption,so I asked here about the ice core results which she wasn`t happy about then I asked about the planets ,her reaction for a so called profesional was startling,in front of everyone she looked at me ,spun on her heals and walked off and left me and half a dozen other people who were listening ,just standing there . It was then I realised that something is not right with the global warming debate
Kindest regards James

Firinn
21st March 2011, 09:38
Hi Jupiter,

A very important question that I believe has many answers. This thread started by LeeEllisMusic explores how we can present information to our "sleeping" brothers and sisters. http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?3519-Putting-The-Pieces-Together-For-The-Masses

I find it funny to watch the reactions of people when you suddenly rock their belief system, like their jaw dropping so far that it obviously hurts when it comes in contact with the table like a mate of mine concerning UFO`s,however I was quite suprised from the reaction a bit closer to home ,namely my parents.I was up visiting and we got on to the subject of 9/11, now I dont care one way or another about peoples personal thoughts on the matter ,and being from Australia I obviously do not have the same heart felt opinions as our American friends and I wish to appolagise in advance to anyone that is upset from me bringing the subject up.
The up shot was that I`m of the opinion that the governments exlpination just dose not add up.
My parents were starting to get a bit crappy with me so we left it there,unfinished
Dont get me wrong I have an excellent relationship with both my parents ,thats not in question.
About a month later I droped in for another visit (they are 3 hours away) and happened to burn a disc that I put together showing the glearing mistakes and the reaction was like throwing petrol on a fire,what ever the evidence my mother said do you honestly believe the government would do that to there own people and from that moment refused to talk about the matter, either of them no matter what the evidence
In my case the relationship with my parents is still rock solid so long as the subject dosen`t come up again :boxing:
Peace and happiness
Kindest regards James

With love,
Firinn

HURRITT ENYETO
21st March 2011, 09:45
I still try to broaden freinds and family's way of thinking with an 'alternative' view point on the World and like the Op said the reactions vary.
When i first started to awaken from my slumber so to speak and started bringing these topics up, my mum actually asked me if i had joined a cult :)
It was one of them "put your head back in the sand ASAP" but she has grown used to the fact im slightly insane by now lol

The reaction of my estranged Father whom i rarely see was most unexpected.
He actually listened to what i had to say on World Government, Politics, UFO's etc and to my amazement he actually had a fair idea about what i suppose we term 'alternative World view'.

He sat there and listened for ages and then right at the end he said "and can you change any of that in your one tiny lifetime?"
I was speechless for a while while i considered it and then i replied 'but if nobody tries the World will never change' to which he said "you should be a politician"

I wasn't quite sure whether it was a compliment or whether i was back at square one :)

On a side note, i once heard someone say that not only should you not try and enlighten someone with your views, but to do this might actually damage their journey on Earth ! Maybe they are not ready in their journey to learn this information yet, if you guide their path maybe it will damage them at some point.

Who knows *not me* :)

Hurritt

ps wow 3 smileys in one post i'm gonna have to try and wean myself off them.

Garry Irwin
21st March 2011, 09:52
"Funny peculiar", but definitely not "funny haha"...
I had a "friend" who was more than happy to talk about his theory of humans not being of this earth over a few pints and doobies.
However, in the cold sobering light of day his mindset was stuck firmly in the Sheeple camp. Almost as if he didn't even remember what was discussed the night before.
He became dismissive and scornful, even to the point of personal abuse. Needless to say, he is no longer on my friends list.
Friends and family here are are buried deep in the system. They don't even want the truth and seem quite happy to live in a zombie-mind-controlled stupor.
Sometimes I despair about my self-imposed isolation, but at least we have Avalon and I'm thankful for that.

yaksuit
21st March 2011, 11:06
I am very careful when leaking information. I've noticed that there are four kinds of reactions, the first is strong and sharp dismissal of the information, in some cases people can go as far as writing you up, the second reaction is that of disbelief associated with total detachment and accompanied by desperately evading the subject matter with a peculiar smile, the third reaction is the apparent acceptance of the information, but forgetting it the next day and continuing with the hypnotized group, the forth is where people already know something that you do or have a piece of the puzzle.

Well said Daviddallany!!

May I suggest a 5th:
If someone (speaking from experience of family, friends and myself) has had a history of say bi-polar(vague description that it is) and an active interest in metaphysics then:

When said person has shared ideas/information which has challenged the status quo I have noticed that a person in this situation can be discredited based on the fact that they have been or are "unwell".
The rhetoric surrounding mental "fractures" I will call them then "can"suggest that despite the potential legitimacy of what is being shared by said person it can easily get branded as delusional.

The so called "well" person using an umbrella term of "delusional" imo is often being fearful, dogmatic and lazy towards said persons "offerings". In a "world" embedded in layers of "illusion" then delusions regardless of merit/substance are just part of "our" "polarity within the multiverse and should not be deemed as "nonsense".

Cheers,
yak

ps: From where I stand some of the most intuitive people I know struggle with what is labeled "mental illness"

Teakai
21st March 2011, 11:17
ps: From where I stand some of the most intuitive people I know struggle with what is labeled "mental illness"

Hi Yak, that brings to mind the saying - 'there's nothing healthy about being well adjusted in a dysfunctional society'

:)

SKAWF
21st March 2011, 11:44
up till a few months ago, i was trying to get the message out.
i too have given up.
ive tried a range of subjects on people.
one person said i was away with the fairies, a few looked at me like i was mad, some laughed at me,
and one person actually took on board what i said, but then told me that he prefered living in his own little bubble.

perhaps there is a quality in those who are prepared to accept the information...
instinctively ive never felt comfortable with this life.
ive always questioned things.
when i was 9 yrs old (ish) i remember being with my step dad and my brother,
we were talking about something (can't remember what)
and my response was...
'so its wrong, we all know it, but no one does anything about it because ''thats just the way the world is''

as i say, i was uncomfortable with the status quo so i would always be looking for the reasons why.
most, i think have no problems with it, so why would they question it?

once, i was on my way to a shop in london, to buy a keyboard. i'd been saving up for ages,
and on the way there, there was a couple of hare krishna types trying to get their message out.
they stood no chance with me. i was far more connected with my reality than theirs.
to me, they were religious nutters who were standing between me, and my date with a new synth.

personally, the best time to present me with new information, is when i ask for it.
thats when i'm most receptive to it.
otherwise its unlikely to be incorperated into my thinking.
those who question everything are far more likely to listen in my opinion.

if i do say anything these days, its to specific individuals who are already on the path.
anyone else is a waste of time.
also i'm no longer at the stage where i'm new to this stuff.
i'm happy knowing there are others trying to wake people up.

someone said that there is a separation taking place.
those who have woken up are on their path and those who are asleep are on theirs.

steve

sygh
21st March 2011, 11:45
If what I am about to say weren't so tragic, it would be funny. My mother is 90 years old. When the twin towers fell, after the initial shock was over, and she got to see how the actual buildings fell without experiencing complete disbelief, she turned to me and said, "This looks like a demolition job." When I asked her why did she say that, she said, "Because the two towers fell into their own footprints." She's a sharp cookie. She also mentioned how ridiculous it was that wedding rings and other types of jewelry survived but gold bars melted away into nothingness.
http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/gold.html

She is also quite aware of how the world works. "Them that got shall get; them that don't shall lose. So the bible says, and it still is news..."

It's both my sons who think I'm a conspiracy nut. They don't want to hear it, and for good reason.

Below is a quote from Steve:
"someone said that there is a separation taking place.
those who have woken up are on their path and those who are asleep are on theirs."

The only problem I've got with that is when the two meet.

ulli
21st March 2011, 11:50
Yaksuit said:
The so called "well" person using an umbrella term of "delusional" imo is often being fearful, dogmatic and lazy towards said persons "offerings".

I agree with what you say here. In addition to that I would say they are projecting.
Being delusional themselves, but in denial of that handicap, they project it onto others.
As goes the saying: It takes one to know one.

All my life, since early childhood, I was insulted. I never understood why until many years later, when I figured that`I was upsetting their status quo with my unconventional way of looking at things.
It hurt, and when faced with a fight-flight response I always used flight.

And flight means up, up up. Higher levels, first wealth and mobility, then later higher consciousness.
If I was mad at someone I looked at the adjective I was using and realized it was just an unevolved part of myself. I was projecting. Everyone and everything was just the SCREEN of my life, onto which my hidden self (projectionist and projector) was shining a light...

goldmother
21st March 2011, 11:50
Times they are a changing

I have been drip feeding my family and friends on alternative subjects for about 8 years now
Back then they just laughed ,oh typical Lissa anything to be different
Then they would get bored change the subject
Then came the anger got to the point I couldn't talk about it anymore
Now they come to me and ask me about it

I guess my point is that as the years have gone bye more of the topics I talked about that seemed so far fetched at the time are now out in the open for everyone to see, for me the people around me are waking up and seeing these things unfold right before their eye's.

There is now no going back to watching American Idol for them :nono:

Thats my experience I know its a different story for others

janus
21st March 2011, 12:08
Talking about these things with others is like talking about religion or politics....you can argue/discuss it for years, but most people will walk away without changing their mind.

I tend to wait until someone notices something or says something and I simply answer, "really? Well, I was kind of wondering about..." Totally non-threatening to their belief, but maybe opening the door to further conversation.

Setras
21st March 2011, 12:10
All of the contraversial subjects regarding TPTB, aliens, UFO, HAARP, dodgy vaccines, ascension, NWO etc are by some people treated with disdain, as their only experience is MSM. The problem with this lies in the fact that they are accepting another persons experience/acceptance of the events and making it their own. Back to new the species....... human doing not human BEING.

we have forgotten that experience is the true knowledge and we rarely experience things first hand normally it is from a newspaper or the TV, we need to be out there spreading the word and lifting people from human doing to human being. I dont mean you have to tell everybody 9/11 was an inside job or that Atlantis has been found of junction 18 of the M1 and deal with the backlash or the denial. Just drop a little nugget here or there, make others think it's their idea to find the info. Ohh and dont forget your foil hat......

crownme
21st March 2011, 13:50
Peace and happiness
Kindest regards James
-------------------------------------
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World

Ellu :)

I can deffently relate to this. all my family who ive told what i know and have seen have forced me out of the "human" world.

and not only family and close ones :)

if you find a way to get through your parents critical mindset then goodoo 4 you dude. sadly in most cases if you keep pushing humans that are so embeded in their own system, they will not comply.

and in extreme cases where you will not give up on pushing your belif system on other individuals that doesnt want your belif and "truth", they will shed you from their life. it is sad but true.

but on other coin is it fair that you shall with your mindsett crush another ones reality ? way of life ?

what if your close ones doesnt care aboot truth and are happy with it ? is it up to you to change how they think ? how they live ? and belive ?

i dunno. i relly don't. couse in my experience it many times does alot more dmg that good to into a dark mind a light the whole place up in a *Snap*. information overload, boom in comes critical thinking and shuts down your ability to accept new paradigms. and the individual are lost in limbo.

it is hard to have to watch the ones you care for going down a path you see as a bad one. but bad roads are needed no matter how you look at it. i often ask myself, is it a right of mine to change another souls path " ?

i know one wants good.

i am alone this day as other days. i know the reson. i have no regret. can you handle it ?

i lost one of the soul i relly cared for by showing her a UFO.
i lost my parents when confronting about bible , 9/11 , money, politics, war, and that we are just a tiny spec of light in this never expanding universe.
i lost my friends becouse choose not now nor ever to fall in line and in the herd. becouse i chose to become an individual.
i chose to become one who can accept everything that comes into creation.

as for me i have no problem with all of this today. but has been a rocky ride so far.

but you can be one of the lucky ones that breaks on through to the other side :) only remmember that actions have consequenses :)

i wish you luck with this , tis is a toutchy subject :)

namaste

Shezbeth
21st March 2011, 19:36
A method I have found useful particularly with friends and coworkers is to first describe myself as a "Raving Conspiracy Theorist". Also when my opinions are asked I always start with the phrase "I can answer that, but are you sure you want to hear it?" This allows them to open their minds if they choose to for a number of reasons.

1. It allows them to see that while I am what could be considered a Conspiracy Theorist, I am FAR from raving. I don't offer my opinions unless asked, but I do frequently laugh out loud when MSM/Official Stories are discussed openly. And, through my explainations of situations (both in analyzing why the MSM/OS has been structured to say what it does, and in describing the picture painted by my research) that I am far from uninformed - that I usually have a greater understanding of BOTH sides of an issue than many do of just ONE side.
2. It allows them to immediately dismiss but still listen to whatever opinion or position I have or purport from a position of relative safety. They are at no risk in listening, cause 'what he says is bunk anyway, so let's hear him out'. This plants a seed of sorts for even if their current understanding is not in conflict, it won't be long before some form of cover-up, smear, or disinfo campaign comes along that DOES raise flags even in a socially-cultured mind.
3. It allows for a rapport in which people who have not done copious amounts of research and digging can have a window into the perceptions of one who does. One of the things that has been infectious about my communication is that I am able to laughably joke about the entirety of the situation, starting with the fact that I have already classified myself as a nutter and ending with the tragic comedy of the malevolence of the forces that perpetuate the circumstances we find at home and abroad.

One particular case of this dynamic in action was the situation with Fukushima, which I had related in conversation was far worse than was being reported almost a week before the Japanese Govt. ADMITTED the same. Whether they like it or not, people take notice when one tells them the news before the news does. ^_^