PDA

View Full Version : Was there more than one Ron Hubbard?

str8thinker
21st March 2011, 12:40
http://i56.tinypic.com/2vmztiu.jpg

While reading Michael Relfe's testimony The Mars Records, as suggested by grunt225 here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?14508), I came across an interesting page on the same site by Stephanie Relfe (presumably his wife), who used Scientology "clearing" techniques to help Michael regain his memories of having been involved in US military service on Mars. She says (http://www.themarsrecords.com/scientology.html):

I have never been a member of the Church of $cientology [sic] and do not recommend it to anyone. However, the technology called Clearing which I used in The Mars Records comes largely from the work of Ron Hubbard (who also used the work of others). I learned Clearing from people who were in the church years ago. I understand that in 1982 thousands of people left the Church in protest at the direction it was taking. There are many people part of a loose group called the "Free Zone" that works outside the church.

This technology is so powerful at uncovering hidden memories, that I believe Hubbard was "got at" on a number of times, and the organisation taken over by dark forces. The particular technology I use has similarities to Dianetics . It has no similarity to scientology processes and practically none to the Church of Scientology "upper levels" (as I have never done these). I understand that the kind of work I do comes from the work Hubbard did around the mid 60s. You will see in the Mars Records that I give references to some of his books. I am told that all kinds of people were getting incredible results back in the early days. Then, for no reason, he changed the technology and rules greatly.

I believe that no one in the church does the basic kind of clearing I do - which is simply, looking for the cause for upset and negative charge, and removing it by viewing it completely. Remember, a knife is not useful or dangerous on its own - it depends on who is using it. In addition, I believe that no one in the church would ever recommend or even allow the use of kinesiology or deliverance as I do (They call doing anything other than what the higher ups allow "squirrelling").

Here's a strange thought: I was told by a friend who knew Hubbard that Hubbard's butler told him there were THREE different Hubbards' at three different times. He said they had three very different shoe and body sizes. Others have told me that the technology had three main eras, each one quite different from the others. Certainly if you listen to different audio tapes of Hubbard, his voice changed dramatically over the years. And certainly, when you understand how organised the dark side is on this planet, and the power of this technology, it stands to reason that they would interfere.

Stephanie Relfe
Feb 6 2003

Although there is not a great deal documentary evidence to support this, it is well known that Ron Hubbard was attracted to black magic relatively early in his career after being introduced to CIT rocket scientist Jack Parsons, from whom he came to know Aleister Crowley ("The Beast 666") at an OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis) lodge run by Parsons and Crowley where black magic and deviant sexual rites were performed. It appears Parsons referred to Hubbard as Frater X (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/cienciareal22c.htm) (Latin frater = brother). Hubbard took to black magic like a duck to water, at the same time managing to swindle Parsons out of his money and his mistress Betty, whom he later married. For more juicy stuff read JPL - The occult roots of NASA (http://www.bariumblues.com/jpl.htm) and Jack Parsons & The Curious Origins Of The American Space Program (http://www.naderlibrary.com/cult.jackparsoncuriousorigin.toc.htm).

At the end of Chapter 21 of Bare-Faced Messiah: The True Story of L. Ron Hubbard (available online (http://www.nots.org/)) author Russell Miller describes how Hubbard, always needing to be one step ahead of the FBI,

...issued orders for plans to be prepared for a new house somewhere near Hemet. It was to be, an aide reported, in `a non-black area, dust-free, defensible, with no surrounding higher areas and built on bedrock'. It was also to be surrounded by a high wall with `openings for gun emplacements'.

At the end of February 1980, a few days before his sixty-ninth birthday, Hubbard disappeared with Annie and Pat Broeker.

He was never seen again.

For nearly six years, no one knew where L. Ron Hubbard was hiding or whether he was dead or alive. He was hunted high and low by television and newspaper reporters, federal investigators and law officers: none of them unearthed a single clue to his whereabouts. Mary Sue, his loyal and loving wife for more than twenty-five years, did not know where her husband was, neither did their children. The Commodore had effectively vanished.

[slightly abridged by me] In 1983 the 160-acre Whispering Winds ranch in rural Creston near San Luis Obispo in California was bought by a young couple who called themselves Lisa and Mike Mitchell, who paid the full price ($700,000) in cash. The Mitchells moved into the ranch shortly afterwards, along with their elderly father named Jack, who resembled Colonel Sanders. A neighbour noted that the three storey ranch house and adjacent lands were extensively remodelled, not once but several times, with no apparent regard for expense. The owners were not very friendly and rarely had visitors, except at night. He would often see headlights coming up the track late and turning through the gates of Whispering Winds. Usually it was just one car, but on the evening of 24 January 1986 there seemed to be cars coming and going all night ...

The telephone was already ringing when Irene Reis, co-owner of the Reis Chapel in San Luis Obispo, arrived for work on the morning of Saturday 25 January. A voice at the other end of the line identified himself as Earle Cooley, an attorney, and asked if they did cremations. Mrs Reis replied that they did, although the crematory was usually closed at weekends. Special arrangements could be made if necessary. Cooley then asked if a body could be collected from the Whispering Winds Ranch ...

Cooley accompanied the body back to San Luis Obispo. At the Reis Chapel ... he asked Mrs Reis if arrangements could be made for an `immediate cremation'. He presented a death certificate signed by a Gene Denk of Los Angeles certifying the cause of death as cerebral haemorrhage and a certificate of religious belief forbidding an autopsy. It was not until Mrs Reis looked at the documents that she realized the body lying in her chapel was that of L. Ron Hubbard.

Mrs Reis knew enough about Hubbard to insist on informing the San Luis Obispo Country sheriff-coroner. Deputy coroner Don Hines arrived at the Reis Chapel within a few minutes. No one had had any idea that Hubbard was in the vicinity and Hines wanted to make sure that everything was done by the book ... Hines said that no cremation could take place until an independent pathologist had examined the body. He also ordered the body to be photographed and fingerprinted to ensure positive identifications. (Later the fingerprints were revealed to match those on file at the FBI and the Department of Justice.) It was three-thirty in the afternoon before Hines was satisfied and agreed to release the body for cremation. On the following day, the ashes of L. Ron Hubbard were scattered on the Pacific from a small boat.

Hubbard's son, L. Ron Hubbard Jr., was interviewed (http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.htm) by Penthouse magazine in 1983 and gives a rather horrifying account of his father's personality and motives; in fact he was to be a star witness in the FBI investigation. Although he does not mention any impostors, he fled Scientology in 1959 with his wife and two children.

The last time I saw my father, in 1959, he mentioned that he had at least $20 million salted away.

Penthouse: You mentioned that Scientology attracted a great many well-known or important people. Can you give us some examples?

Hubbard: Two of the people we were involved with in the late fifties in England were Errol Flynn and a man who was high up in the Labor Party at the time. My father and Errol Flynn were very similar. They were only interested in money, sex, booze, and drugs. At that time, in the late fifties, Flynn was pretty much of a burned-out hulk. But he was involved in smuggling deals with my father: gold from the Mediterranean, and some drugs --mostly cocaine. They were both just a little larger than life.

Penthouse: And what about this Labor Party official?

Hubbard: He was a double agent for the KGB and for the British intelligence agency. He was also a raging homosexual. He wanted my father to use his black-magic, soul-cracking, brainwashing techniques on young boys. He wanted these boys as his own sexual slaves. He wanted to use my father's techniques to crack people's heads open because he was very influential in and around the British government --plus he was selling information to the Russians. And so was my father.

Penthouse: Your father was selling information to the Soviets?

Hubbard: Yes. That's where my father got the money to buy St. Hill Manor in East Grinstead, Sussex, which is the English headquarters of Scientology today.

Penthouse: What information did your father have to sell the Soviet government?

Hubbard: He didn't do any spying himself. What he normally did was allow these strange little people to go into the offices and into his home at odd hours of the night. He told me that he was allowing the KGB to go through our files, and that he was charging £40,000 for it. This was the money he used for the purchase of St. Hill Manor.

Penthouse: Do you know any specific information that the KGB got from your father that might have been harmful to security?

Hubbard: The plans for an infrared heat-seeking missile in the early fifties. They obtained the information by extensive auditing of the guy who was one of the head engineers. There were great infiltrations clear to this day. There has always been an inordinate interest on the part of Scientology in military and government personnel. There's no way for me to prove it sitting here, but I believe that the KGB trained East German agents who came via Denmark to London to the United States who were, supposedly, Scientologists. They made very good Scientologists. They were very well trained.

Penthouse: Did your father do this just for money?

Hubbard: Yes. The more he made, the more he wanted. He became greedy. He was really just interested in the use of money and power, wherever it was or whosoever's it was. Morality and politics made no difference to him at all.

Penthouse: Did the Labor Party official get any of his young men via Scientology?

Hubbard: Yes. The British were ripe for Scientology. The British school system fosters lesbianism and homosexuality, because from the time you're born until you're in your twenties, all you see is the same sex. The schools are so segregated. And you'll notice in Scientology the focus on sex. Sex, sex, sex. The first thing we wanted to know about someone we were auditing was his sexual deviations.... So all you've got to do is find a person's kinks, whatever they might be. Their dreams and their fantasies... But once you find their sexual core, you've got them. And you find this by brainwashing, through auditing, through interrogation, investigations, following them, photographing them, tapping their phones, whatever.

Penthouse: You did all that?

Hubbard: Sure.

Penthouse: Were there any other high level British government people in Scientology?

Hubbard: There was a member of Winston Churchill's medical staff. We had him by the balls.

Penthouse: Did he give you any information about Churchill?

Hubbard: Yes, certainly. You see, these people didn't realize where their information was going. They always thought that in Scientology auditing they had the priest-confessor's confidentiality --but it was never that way. People just assumed it, and still do. But everybody knew what was in everybody's files.

Penthouse: What was the first example you can remember of your father's espionage activity?

Hubbard: I remember one day in 1944 when he came nome from the naval base where he was stationed in Oregon with a big, gray metal box under his arm. He put in our little attached garage and put a tarp over it. That weekend a couple of funny little guys came over to the house. I remember it was summer and they were wearing heavy woollen overcoats --dark brown overcoats. It stuck in my mind: what are they doing wearing overcoats when it's hotter than hell? I was only about ten at the time. Anyway, these big, sweating guys take the box and put in in their car and drive off. But before they'd come, I'd snuck a look in the box. It had this strange-looking object in it. I didn't know what the hell it was. Later on, in the fifties, I was walking through a war surplus store and I suddenly saw an object that was just like the one I'd seen in the box. It was the heart of the radar. During the war --when those men took it from our garage --it was super-secret, super-valuable, worth thousands of dollars. I remember that people were told to commit suicide if it ever got captured in order to blow it up.

Then, in 1955, I went to work in the Scientology office in London. I noticed a woman in the office doing strange things with strange people in the office, so I investigated her. I found out she was a card-carrying member of the Communist Party. I got very angry at her and broke into her apartment, where I found dozens of little code pads. They looked like little milk pads with a whole mess of letters and numbers on them. I had people follow her to the Russian Embassy. I finally wrote a long report to my father about her. He was furious. He told me not to investigate anymore, not to write anymore, not to tell anyone what I had found out, to destroy all my evidence. I yelled at him, "The goddamn Russians are running around the office and doing God knows what." He yelled back. "I want'em there!" He told me that she was placed there by the KGB with his knowledge and consent. This really bothered me. My grandfather, who was a lieutenant commander in the navy, had impressed me with his red-white-and-blue honor and integrity. He was an officer of the old school. 180 degrees different from my father, in fact, I credit him a great deal with my ability to get rid of Scientology and get my head straightened out, because his patriotism had gotten through to me and made me sour on what my father was doing in dealing with the Russians.

In 1980 Ron became convinced that his father was dead, and that his death was being kept a secret by the Church of Scientology, lest knowledge of his death cause chaos in the organization. He filed his petition and an open war was declared. Should he win the suit by proving that his father is either dead or incompetent, Ron and other family members will receive the millions of dollars believed to be part of L. Ron Hubbard's estate.

See also this link (http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/papers-scientology/hubbard_vs_nwo1-c.html#nibs) regarding Hubbard's son.

Enter Barbara Schwarz.

From Wikipedia's Freedom of Information Act (United States) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Schwarz#Barbara_Schwarz):

Records at the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) show Barbara Schwarz, a citizen of Germany,[32] has made more requests under the FOIA than any other person since it became law in 1966.[32] For more than ten years Schwarz has made repeated requests with many federal departments and agencies for public records the government says don't exist.

Schwarz believes, and her requests are aimed to prove, that rather than having been born in Germany her actual birth was around 1956 inside a secret government submarine base called Chattanooga under the Great Salt Lake. She further believes herself to be daughter of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.[32][33] Further saying that she was then kidnapped, taken to Germany, and given a false identity including a German birth certificate which was doctored to conceal her actual birth in Utah.[32]

Working from her Salt Lake City, Utah home or a nearby library at least one of Schwarz's lawsuits has been considered by a U.S. District or U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals somewhere in the nation every year since 1993 and has filed unsuccessful appeals to the U.S. Supreme Court.[32] One of her complaints to the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., set a record for voluminous litigation at 2,370 pages, naming 3,087 defendants, all of whom were employed as FOIA or "Privacy Act" officers in the federal government claiming their denials to be part of a conspiracy to keep the truth from her. U.S. District Court Judge John Bates said the FOIA's "admirable purpose is abused when misguided individuals are allowed (in this case repeatedly) to submit requests to every agency and subdivision of the government, seeking information about an imaginary conspiracy," in a ruling against her.[32]

Schwarz has filed pro se litigation in the hopes of forcing these agencies to do more detailed searches and to waive the costs, claiming poverty, so far without success.[32] The Justice Department has advised federal employees charged with responding to FOIA requests that until Schwarz satisfies outstanding search and copying fees incurred by previous filings, future requests may legally be denied.[32]

The circumstances of Hubbard's death

Although "cerebral hemorrhage" was officially listed as the cause of Hubbard's death, according to what Hubbard's doctor told the coroner, and what the labs from the autopsy found, Hubbard had been injected with Vistaril® and only Vistaril®, in a non-hospital setting. ... Vistaril® (hydroxyzine pamoate) is a psychiatric drug, used to calm frantic or overly anxious patients. David Miscavige personally arrived with documents requesting that no autopsy be performed. 13 photographs taken of his body were later destroyed at the request of Norman Starkey.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/hubbardcoroner/

On January 24 1986, under circumstances that can at best be characterised as 'suspicious', L. Ron Hubbard died. Although his condition had been steadily deteriorating for years, even the coronor noted that there were irregularities surrounding his death, including the presence in his body of vast quantities of Vistaril, a powerful ani-psychotic medication. Just days before Hubbard's death, his personal physician, Scientologist Gene Denk, left for a gambling vacation in Las Vegas with some of Hubbard's top aides, including Gamboa, Miscavige and wife, and the Aznarans. By the time he returned, there was nothing he could do. Hubbard died, and the battle for control of his legacy, which had been simmering for years, took centre stage.

LRH left behind a vast corporate empire, including millions of dollars worth of copyrights and trademarks, as well as a personal fortune rumoured to be in the hundreds of millions. Rumour, though, is all that is available - the vast portion of Hubbard's riches were buried far inside the CoS ledgers, safe from the prying eyes of the IRS, which had been threatening an audit of Hubbard for years, right up until his death. But even leaving aside his personal fortune, Hubbard's legacy was rich - and there was no shortage of people eager to take a cut.

http://home.earthlink.net/~snefru/deathoflrh/

However, Barbara Schwarz maintains that Jack (or "Jack Vistaril" as she likes to call him) was not the real L. Ron Hubbard but an impostor, placed there by the German Secret Police.

...Because those [forum] posters mix L. Ron Hubbard (deliberately) up with his impostor, Jack Vistaril who was hired by a German secret service to be L. Ron Hubbard's doppelganger and to ruin L. Ron Hubbard's excellent reputation as a true humanitarian. Jack Vistaril impostored the founder of Scientology for many decades. Compare the photos and the video footage. Get high definition photos and enlarged [sic] the photos. Then start measuring and you'll see (if you were not hired by the same secret service to cover that lie up that L. Ron Hubbard was not impostored) that L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Dianetics and Scientology was impostored by another guy.

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/barbaraschwarz6.htm
http://www.mombu.com/medicine/psychology/t-the-thread-what-changed-your-mind-about-l-ron-hubbard-is-completelyridiculous-psychiatric-3860238.html

Barbara also has a blog which you will require a great deal of patience to digest. She alleges:

1) True purpose of secret German Operation Snow White: Criminalize Scientology and blame it on L. Ron Hubbard, the founder; 2) What L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology not his imposter) is accused upon, was/is a German psychiatric secret service operation and never by the real founder.

http://barbaraschwarz.wordpress.com/
http://barbaraschwarz.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/1-true-purpose-of-secret-german-operation-snow-white-criminalize-scientology-and-blame-it-on-l-ron-hubbard-the-founder2-what-l-ron-hubbard-the-founder-of-scientology-not-his-imposter-is-accus/

That about sums it up. She also mentions a "Marty Rathbun" as another impostor, though her logic becomes quite convoluted and difficult to follow at times. She also alleges that fingerprint matching was "fixed" long before the impostor "Jack" passed away at the ranch, so there would be no difficulty identifying the body.

One of her pages (http://barbaraschwarz.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/comparing-our-l-ron-hubbard-to-the-impostor/) lists several YouTube videos in which she claims the Hubbard in the later videos appears different from the Hubbard in earlier ones. Unfortunately, her videos of who she considers is the real Ron Hubbard "are no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International", and the one video she alleges is that of the impostor is dated as early as 1967.

L_w-YWwC1lI

I leave it to you to draw your own conclusions. He appears authentic enough to me but then again I am not an expert.

However, the possibility that "Jack" might not have been Scientology's founder has been taken seriously, if only because this might afford the perpetrators a means to distort the original teachings of Scientology, similar to Stephanie Relfe's comment "for no reason, he changed the technology and rules greatly." Even Russell Miller, in Bare-Faced Messiah, acknowledges the possibility of a conspiracy:

There are those who still believe that Hubbard died years earlier and that his death was covered up by the messengers while they consolidated their control over the church.

Michel Snoeck, self-styled "Wise Old Goat", has put a lot of effort into L. Ron Hubbard's chronology (http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/papers-scientology/hubbard_vs_nwo1_lrh-whereaboutse.html), particularly his whereabouts during his "missing years":

This particular study aims to give an overview of the various thoughts and theories that go around in regards to the whereabouts of L. Ron Hubbard. The years 1972, 1977 and 1982 are the one's that often are named in relation to that someone other than L. Ron Hubbard had taken control over the subject of Scientology. The focus is put on the published sources and the things they relate, and to follow the tech line.

The main focus has been put on from which time on basic tech may have been counteracted. In particular that which has not been reversed since.

The "tech line" and "basic tech" refers to the Hubbard's techniques, in Scientology-speak. Michel is obviously very conversant with this. There is a great deal of Scientology jargon on this page, such as the "False Purpose Rundown", an advanced technique. However, Michel carefully notes all deviations from dogma, as well as the three wills drawn up before Hubbard's death and the possibility of forgery.

It [additions to a will prohibiting autopsy] does eliminate the possibility to actually verify that we had the real L. Ron Hubbard here. These last 6 years of his life there had been quite some controversy about if he still would be alive. Then at his supposed deathbed we are once again left with questions. Rumours could have been enervated so easily. Some as it appears went through a lot of effort to keep various things in mystery.We have two options here of how to interpret this, two fairly evident options. It was L. Ron Hubbard or it was someone else. The question is if L. Ron Hubbard would have opposed to the possibility to actually expose a possible imposter. Obviously there was a lot at stake here.

It has been reported that fingerprints had been taken from the deceased and compared with those that the FBI had on file. The outcome of this however may not be so reliable. Per what I know this was not performed in any official capacity at all. It was not in an autopsy. Also various could have been staged. Another question to ask is why the FBI would have had the fingerprints of L. Ron Hubbard on file? You see, there is no record of documents that would indicate that the FBI would find this a necessary measure. FBI records actually show he was never under investigation or sorts that would require his fingerprints to be taken. Thus, the claim of using FBI records with supposed fingerprints turns very suspect indeed.

L. Ron Hubbard disappeared mysteriously for about 10 months during 4 Dec 72-mid Sept 73. Various witnessed that the person that returned was not the L. Ron Hubbard anymore that they used to know, he looked differently, behaved differently, didn't seem to recognize some persons, etc. Some on the Internet explain this by claiming that he received a PDH implant [Scientology jargon] and all that. However would it not be more logical and down to earth to say that he was simply replaced by someone else (imposter). The lecturing days were basically over after April 1972. The tapes that are listed for 1973-75 no one knows actually very much about. Neither of these tapes have ever publicly been available in any form! Why for example would the 9 registered talks he gave to the Apollo Stars be kept a secret? The book ‘What Is Scientology?’ (1992 release) does not even list them anymore! Now, could they have been retracted as they may(?) expose a possible imposter? These are questions that I am forced to ask.

It is not my intent to propose an answer. Basically my only concern is the matter about what is the correct tech. It forced me to put some things to the test, this is why I have been digging into history, and this is why I have performed my research. May be it can be seen as an attempt to restore lost tech. I do believe we can benefit from to get for example the Primary Rundown back into use. Also I think we have the right to receive a proper explanation about what actually happened with the original OT levels IV-VII, and for that matter also the original OT VIII. They should not have been allowed to disappear so very silently. And last but not least a reinstatement of Standard Dianetics and a full recovery of the use of the Scientology grades V-VII.

There is also the indication that things had gotten cruder within the Scientology organization since.

Remarkably coincidental is the occurrence that since the exact day that L. Ron Hubbard disappeared, and was then out of reach for about 10 months, a new series of so-called Integrity Processing (=Security Checking) started to be released.

Michel describes and lists the abolition of several "processes" (counselling procedures) between 1968-71 and the reappearance of some with alterations, along with new procedures, from 1972 to 1985, which inter alia enable group members to exert greater control over their fellows, "accessory to the crime" concept enforcement and routine auditing confessions to be made reportable and even actionable by Scientology staff.

The problem is that various of these reappearances of that which had been abolished prior to 1973 in fact had been misused since. It is all so very predictable. L. Ron Hubbard must have foreseen this danger, which is why they actually had been abolished.

He also makes the surprising observation that

The L. Ron Hubbard that returned was rather artistic oriented. Starting already in September 1973, the very moment he returned, he got into music. Then we learn from the liner notes of the record released by his Apollo Stars about “his early days as a professional singer”! Indeed this is a very, very strange notice! Who knows, may be this L. Ron Hubbard had been exactly that? Then in Spring 1976 this L. Ron Hubbard went into more artistry and established Universal Media Productions in Clearwater Fl, with the intent to produce Scientology films...

It started with a screenplay entitled ‘Revolt in the Stars’ (1977). Then ‘Battlefield Earth’ got written during 1980 (he even composed and released a music album for that), then we have the dekalogy ‘Mission Earth’ written during the 1st half of the 80's and released only till after his passing. During these various intervals more musical creations appear on for example ‘Ron's Journal 28’ (1976), ‘Space Jazz’ (1982) and ‘The Road to Freedom’ (1986). We also see the release of a whole variety of technical films with screenplay of this L. Ron Hubbard during the late 70's and the whole of the 80's.

Then David Mayo turned Flag C/S in September 1973 (matching the exact time of this L. Ron Hubbard returning), is this a coincidence...? Is it possible that David Mayo has been had with an imposter believing it was L. Ron Hubbard?

The very first sign of valuable workable Tech being put aside is the Primary Rundown in August 1974, at which time the in July 1972 established definition for Fast Flow Training was retracted. [Mentions several other examples.]

Then we have the interview that David Mayo had with Russell Miller in August 1986 which does not give a flattering picture of this L. Ron Hubbard either. If David Mayo is truthful then are we may be dealing here with someone impersonating L. Ron Hubbard? An L. Ron Hubbard that is playing effect, acts irritated, unreasonable, yelling, even delusional (per David Mayo in interview with Russell Miller), getting into a motor cycle accident (late 1973), that gets strokes (1975 & 1978)? Is this the same L. Ron Hubbard that developed Dianetics and Scientology technology?

Now, if you effectively wish to destroy the correct technology. All you basically got to do is to get people side-tracked. You promote a wrong route, but you confidently and convincingly state that it really is the correct route. You see, you don't forbid the correct route, you have to mislead. This is much more effective! Well, you then could alter the definition of Clear. You just say to the Dianetic Clears, you are now Clear, you don't need to become a Scientology Clear. Consequently you let them skip Grade V, VA, VI and the Clearing Course (Grade VII), and therewith the Basic Basic (first engram on the track) is not gotten rid of.

[Shortcuts taken on the way to Clear] So you have non-Clears on OT III [OT = Operating Thetan, a level of "clearness" or ability]. The prerequisite for OT III was Clear, you are not Clear, so what will happen? You won't get full OT's, you may very well get confused human beings this way. You may very well get some abilities of some sort, but the condition will not be stable. It may account for some of the problems that have occurred. What you may have here is basically a skipped gradient, and so you are not likely to get very far.

My comment: As you can see from Michel's work, every procedure used by Hubbard's organization was carefully standardized, a necessary requirement if it is to be applied across all branches. This also makes it easy to track when and where modifications were made. Hubbard endeavoured to define both his basic and advanced procedures as exactly as possible so that people with average skills could be trained to apply them.

Photographic record

Both L. Ron Hubbard and Mary Sue Hubbard as well have basically been in seclusion, and have been shunning the public since at least 1973. The very last photographs that I ever have seen published from Mary Sue date to the late 60's. To be exact December 1968 (see ‘The Auditor 43’). Their children continue to make their appearance in the various magazines, but never together with their mother or father. If we then look at a publication such as ‘Images of a Lifetime: A Photographic Biography’ which is about L. Ron Hubbard, near the end of the book we see some photographs that are dated 1972, a couple dated 1974 and there it basically stops. The book actually stops tracking history there, we see no photographs from the later 70's and none from the 80's. The last 12 years are missing. Realizing that this was published as late as 1996 this may be found odd. The book also has not a single picture of Mary Sue or any of the children contained in it. It appears forgotten that L. Ron Hubbard actually was a family father, and he always had been very proud to say that. It is on his lectures and it is in particular in the periodical The Auditor. In particular in ‘The Auditor 43’ [Dec '68] we find a special colour photo supplement as a New Year wish introduced by L. Ron Hubbard wrote in his own handwriting as: “These are just some of my Favourite Things”. We see photographs of boats, photography, his wife with all their 4 children, not to forget the family dog Vixie. All with accompanying text from L. Ron Hubbard. L. Ron Hubbard credits his wife as follows: “Mary Sue, my dear wife, who has helped and contributed so much since the early days of dianetics.”. Then how can this book, without some of these “Favourite Things”, represent ‘Images of a Lifetime: A Photographic Biography’ ?

http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/images/lrh/family_ca1957.jpg
The Hubbard family, ca. 1957

How to determine if some is the real L. Ron Hubbard and when not? ... It is reported that various legal documents dating from the early 80's have been examined for authenticity of the handwriting and signature of L. Ron Hubbard (letters written in 1983, and testaments and various). Inconsistencies have been reported. Various voice analysis also have been performed with various released tape recordings from the early 80's compared to L. Ron Hubbard lectures from the 60's. In particular named is Ron's Journal 38 “Today and Tomorrow: The Proof” released on New Year's Eve 1983. Inconsistencies have been reported. This tape in particular is interesting as this is the only place where L. Ron Hubbard supposedly acknowledges or refers to Religious Technology Center (RTC).

Should we care why Scientology "had to be taken over"?

There exists a Wiki named David Miscavige go Home! (http://www.davidmiscavige.wikiscientology.org/text/Main_Page) which "is dedicated to the purpose of removing David Miscavige from the post of Chairman of the Board of RTC (Religious Technology Center), which illegally controls the Church of Scientology in the name of CST [Church of Spiritual Technology] and the US government."

Within this Wiki is a page titled Why the U.S. is Slave to Israel - the Scientology Connection (http://www.davidmiscavige.wikiscientology.org/text/Why_the_U.S._is_Slave_to_Israel_-_the_Scientology_Connection) which makes interesting, though not necessarily factual, reading. It first appeared as an anonymized post to the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup in 2002. Note that this is not directed "against adherents of the Jewish faith or against the people of Israel."

For many reasons--religious, political, and strategic--the Israeli government, among others, has been involved in U.S. and Western allied covert operations to take over Scientology since at least the mid-1960s. As just one part of Israel's involvement, but a vital part, Israel's Mossad sent Uri Geller to the U.S. in 1972 to be part of a covert U.S. domestic CIA operation, carried out in conjunction with the CIA's "Amazing Randi," to discredit and "debunk" parapsychology around the world, just as the CIA was starting its Remote Viewing program in earnest. Israeli intelligence was well aware that the CIA program was based exclusively upon the secret upper-level works of L. Ron Hubbard, which had been stolen by three American covert agents who had infiltrated Scientology for that very purpose. The three--Hal Puthoff, Ingo Swann, and Pat Price--then were "hired" on a secret contract to run the CIA research program for the benefit of the U.S. and her allies. Geller's and Randi's sole role was to scandalize parapsychology research worldwide in order to deflect public interest away from what the CIA was doing in the field--and the crimes that CIA was committing to do it. [Note that the three individuals named have been involved in Remote Viewing.]

Dianetics had been perceived as a threat to all mind-control research since the late 1940s. L. Ron Hubbard even announced in his early books that Dianetic techniques could unlock repressed memories of military mind-control techniques having been used on a subject, including the entire arsenal of techniques then being employed, such as drugs of many types and hypnosis.

It's important to understand that Dianetics was equally a threat to both East and West in the Cold War that dominated world politics for decades. The greatest threat of all was Hubbard himself, since he refused, ever, to allow his discoveries to become the exclusive property of either side, believing that the universal knowledge of the techniques was the only safeguard against Dianetics and Scientology being used destructively by either side. [This is actually true - see his "Black Dianetics (http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/papers-scientology/hubbard_vs_nwo.html#pdc)" speech.]

In the West, the CIA, soon after the release of Dianetics, implemented top secret mind control programs--BLUEBIRD, MK-ULTRA and others--all part of their Cold War race against the Communist bloc in what CIA and others called "the battle for the minds of men." ... Quite in addition to parapsychology, though, the CIA mind-control programs had a darker side that included research in coercive and drugged interrogation, in actual control of behavior by many (and any) means, and in some of the many techniques loosely and imprecisely referred to as "brainwashing."

Throughout those long-running secret mind-control programs, the CIA and its allied counterparts had to test everything against Dianetics to see if Dianetics could, indeed, lift the veil on memories of their more sinister interrogation and mental manipulation techniques. And in every case, to their endless dismay and frustration, it could. That's why Hubbard was able to write, entirely factually, that no matter what the governments of various countries said about Dianetics and Scientology, they had always known that it worked.

But by April of 1964, Hubbard was doing research that he was keeping to himself, something with the esoteric name of "R6." As what he called "a trial balloon," he gave a small amount of the data (but not the correct data) to a few people--who promptly used it on others, even though he had forbidden such use. As a result, he said in an issue on security of the new materials: "...You must realize that we suffer, all of us, from the misuse of knowledge concerning the mind at a very early period.

Factually, the Soviets at the time were already far ahead of the West in parapsychology research for military intelligence and mind-control purposes. Not only had the Soviets established the more or less overt Moscow Laboratory of Bio-Information, but they soon would have a top-secret installation at the Institute of Automation and Electrometry in Academgorodok, ("Science City"), near Novosibirsk, Siberia. Known only as "Special Department No. 8," it became a matter of great concern to the Western allies.

Western attitudes toward parapsychology and related fields was itself a major hurdle for CIA and its allied counterparts. Secrecy, and euphemistic soft-peddling like that in Helms's memo, was the order of the day in the intelligence agencies trying to make headway against Soviet and Eastern advances in the field.

Such was the atmosphere of extreme international tension when Hubbard unexpectedly made the upper Scientology levels (Clearing and the OT Levels) secret in the mid-to-late 1960s, at the very height of the cold war, and that changed everything.

The intelligence branches of the Western alliance no longer could be sure that Soviet and Eastern bloc intelligence wasn't finding a way to get their hands on the newly secret Scientology research, at what the West thought might pose an extreme strategic disadvantage to them. They also had no means of even knowing how dire the situation might or might not be, since they had no access to the secret upper levels at all. They had no real idea what Hubbard might be up to. They urgently agreed amongst themselves that the entire subject had to be taken over, not simply for national security purposes for any one of the allied countries, but for the lofty stated (amongst themselves) purpose of international security for "the free world."

Hubbard had hardly returned to England [from Rhodesia] before he turned it up still higher: he started "the Sea Project" (now called "the Sea Org") and moved all of Scientology research and top management off of British soil onto international waters on ships, further foiling the Western allies' attempts at getting Scientology entirely under Western control. Hubbard then exacerbated things even more by visiting ports around the Mediterranean where the Western allies had only tenuous and uneasy intelligence presence and influence, while Middle Eastern religious and political influences dominated--influences known to have friendly relations with the Soviets, and decidedly unfriendly attitudes toward Israel and the West.

Desperate situations make desperate men, and so a desperate, even hasty (and extremely foolish) plan was then drawn up and put into motion by the Western allies--led largely by the U.S., the Commonwealth, and Israel--not only to take over Scientology, but get rid of Hubbard in the process, and to neutralize Scientology around the world by destroying its goodwill and replacing as much of it as possible with altered and sabotaged versions of it to be sold to the public.

I will leave it to you to read the rest of this fascinating article and decide for yourself whether it offers a valid alternative explanation for the course of events in addition to the usual "tax haven" story. We return to our starting point for this thread and can now better understand why, even as late as 2003, a relatively unsophisticated therapist such as Stephanie Relfe, using Hubbard's powerful original techniques in the correct manner, was able to restore Michael's memory and remove his conditioning. That should greatly concern the powers that be.

I would say that 99 per cent of what my father has written about his own life is false. (Ron DeWolf, formerly L. Ron Hubbard Junior, May 1982)