PDA

View Full Version : Taking time to think...

Peace of Mind
24th March 2011, 20:14
Hi all...

I'm a bit curious and was hoping to get a little insight on something.

In my observations I’ve noticed that many people rarely take the time to reflect. People, for the most part are way too busy…and sometimes busy doing nothing. We as a whole are conditioned to stay active. We hardly seek the time to relax and ponder. And, when we do have that time we often regard ourselves as being bored…and will often find something to do that’s stimulating.

The average day for most is waking up, get ready for work/school, travel to work/school, go to store, go home, eat, spend a total of 2 to 3 hours with family and/or friends, or watching TV or on the phone/Net until we go to sleep, repeat cycle the next day. On days off, most cram to do the things they couldn’t do during the working days, and/or going out to do something fun/entertaining, plus chores. There is barely any time for 15 minute reflections because they think time is money or wasted if you are sitting there daydreaming/meditating. They couldn’t be more wrong…

I was wondering how many people here actually take at least 15 minutes or more a day to sit in absolute silence and reflect on the day (life). I do this every single day and within this time I always come up with ideas and answers to the questions I couldn’t answer earlier. My days have become so easy it’s almost ridiculous.

I’m sure if we all did this our lives would be much more productive and enjoyable. Worries become minimized and experiences become fulfilling. When I don’t take time to ponder, my days can sometimes become a bit erratic, mistakes are made and my opinions about others and/or issues can be more destructive than constructive.

I strongly believe TPTW keep the masses moving so they don’t take the time to really think about the problems they are facing… it’s like the people rather let the minds of a few (controllers) do the thinking for them…

Please take time out for yourself; I’m sure you’ll thank your self for doing so…

P.S… pondering on difficult questions just before you nod off to sleep at night is helpful too. You’ll probably be delightfully surprise when the answers come to you in morning.

thanks in advance for any contribution

Peace

Belle
24th March 2011, 20:35
I think a lot of people don't take the time to reflect because they don't like to be alone. It can be scary to some who fill every waking moment with things to do, places to be and people to connect with.

I live on a lake, wake up by 5am, and have my morning coffee outside (weather permitting) in the quiet. In winter, I have a little room set up to start the day in silence and reflection. I do the same thing at night before going to sleep...sit out on the deck or in my room in the quiet, reflect on the day and give thanks. If the day gets a little stressful, I take my dogs for a walk in the woods. There's nothing like being in nature to bring everything back to balance.

Thank you for this thread, peace of mind. II think if more people would spend time in reflection, this world would be a much more hospitable and peaceful place.

Platinum
24th March 2011, 21:01
Thanks for the encouraging post. :)

I put "yes", as it's the closest in the poll I get to your intended meaning.

Sometimes I enjoy to just bask in the infinite silence...
more often, I'm off exploring strange and beautiful places in my other life on the inner planes of existence. :wink:

Either way, it's all refreshing and soul-thirst-quenching. :)