PDA

View Full Version : NBC "The Event"

lightworker27
29th March 2011, 03:17
Hi everyone,

I looked, but I couldn't find a thread about this show. If there is one, my apologies.

I wanted to ask if anyone in this forum watches this show. I would like to discuss how the show is disclosing the ET presence in this planet and what's going on behind the scenes.

Tonight's episode was a great one and if anyone would like to share their views please do so I'm curious to read other points of views.

Thanks

Alien Ramone
29th March 2011, 04:09
I watch the show on Hulu, so I haven't seen the newest episode yet. It doesn't parallel very much with stories, which have been told about the current ET presence on Earth. Aliens being held without the President knowing may match up with some real events. The President seems to represent Obama and the Vice President seems to Represent Biden. The old guy that the Vice President has contact with seems to represent the PTB. The President is shown as very principled, but then caught up in events, because he didn't expose the alien presence to the public when he first heard about. As I watch the show I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish with it, but it does seem like they're trying to make Obama look principled and good. They even try to make the president look justified when he is doing things like violating Posse Comitatus. Maybe alien shows in general are being put out to get people thinking about the subject as the government tries to condition the public to believe a false flag alien attack is real, if they decide to run one.

TigaHawk
29th March 2011, 04:17
Is it back on again?

I think it got up to 10 episodes, or whatever episode where they ended up freeing "It" (leaving as "It" for people who havent watched the show yet)

Then i couldent find any more episodes.

In regards to the show - there is an absolutely DISGUSTING ammount of trying to justify what the prezident does as correct, justified and something we should all be in agreeance with.

I believe they even reinforced/backed/suggested/whatever that "Killing a few to save the many is OK!"

The same with their strong stance on "Keeping the public in the dark because they cant handle the truth"

The whole show just feels to be.... trying to plant reasoning/idea's into our minds so when something like this does happen - the president can go - We kept you in the dark because you couldent handle/accept the truth at the time - and the public will go - well yeah, you're right we couldent. good prezident thinking of us sheeple!

Anyoen else get that feeling as well?

slipknotted
29th March 2011, 05:39
it was good tonight but it's drama on10, funny to see a fictional president you would rather have than the one we got. obama's speech was a joke like always are country is falling on our face again and again, TPTB are pulling the strings dont they know that it will make us all even stronger !

Elixer
29th March 2011, 11:09
I just watched this latest episode. Disgusting, of course. Spoilers ahead...

I wonder about the symbolism of the monument being taken down. Anyone?
Also what was that scene in the cave all about? Some symbolism there as well.

This was the first episode that the cute blond girl did not irritate me. All previous episodes she was this overly emotional panic driven shell. And now, that she has come to terms with being a half breed alien, she becomes more sane and centered. What's that about? Suggestions perhaps that humanity acts irrationally because they are unaware of their heritage and that as soon as they do become aware, they might wise up?

They started showing the president fearing for his 'strong' image in a previous episode. He had a dream where people he trusts, considered him weak. Pride dictates that he shows them different and proceeds to act in this highly irrational manner. Does not listen to reason, pushes council aside and becomes a war-president.
This argument is so old and tired: "We have to strike back sir, otherwise the world will consider us, you to be weak". Oohh, can't have that...
In the latest episode, when the president finds out they are 'completely defenseless', he proceeds to 'take them all out'.

So what is the message here? It cannot possibly be meant to show that his actions are righteous. They are brutal, primitive and largely unjustified.
To me it is just one more instance where the audience is treated to the stupidity of mankind, as was also the case with Avatar, for instance.
And that is a message that I strongly disagree with. To paraphrase Freeman: Humans are good, kind, caring, nurturing beings that love to play and have fun.
Civilisation is not the natural outcome of human endeavor, but the result of a usurpation of the race and the planet by the few.

It is not clear to me what they are trying to say with this show, really. Is it that man is dumb and should be eradicated, or is it that people in power pose a threat to all life? I don't think it can be both...
Perhaps it is another effort to more strongly polarize people. That too seems to be going on. Like, it's time to make a choice. Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists.

Isn't this growing spiritual evolution also meant to make us see that though there may be 2 sides of the coin, it is still 1 coin. The glass is both half empty and half full. Transcending duality, embracing the tao, rather than choosing the jin or the yang, etc.

And how is this supposed to reflect on Obama? Has anyone listened to his address last night (I haven't yet) and does it correlate?

Then again, it is just a TV series, supposedly made for entertainment and profit purposes, so it might not mean a thing.
If you saw the latest episode of 'V' you might draw a bunch of conclusions, but from what I gathered, that show was in distress and needed to pull off something big in order to stay alive, so they did.
That would suggest these shows might not be part of some propaganda program, but merely products for profit. On the other hand...

Who knows?

ouporblowup
29th March 2011, 12:26
i love that show.

everyone should definently check it out.

the show makes all of this a little easier to swallow for your everyday people who dont do their research.

take the Event and V together and you really got some interesting stuff goin on.

lightworker27
29th March 2011, 16:44
I watch the show on Hulu, so I haven't seen the newest episode yet. It doesn't parallel very much with stories, which have been told about the current ET presence on Earth. Aliens being held without the President knowing may match up with some real events. The President seems to represent Obama and the Vice President seems to Represent Biden. The old guy that the Vice President has contact with seems to represent the PTB. The President is shown as very principled, but then caught up in events, because he didn't expose the alien presence to the public when he first heard about. As I watch the show I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish with it, but it does seem like they're trying to make Obama look principled and good. They even try to make the president look justified when he is doing things like violating Posse Comitatus. Maybe alien shows in general are being put out to get people thinking about the subject as the government tries to condition the public to believe a false flag alien attack is real, if they decide to run one.

I think they are trying to show things in codes. I remember before when President Obama was elected. A senior staff member was on a news show and a caller was put on the line and asked him if the President was going to be transparent about the UFO files in the US. The respond from the senior member was that the President would keep his promise to be transparent.

Last nights episode was great. I won' spoil it for you, but once you see it, I think you'll understand.

lightworker27
29th March 2011, 16:49
Is it back on again?

I think it got up to 10 episodes, or whatever episode where they ended up freeing "It" (leaving as "It" for people who havent watched the show yet)

Then i couldent find any more episodes.

In regards to the show - there is an absolutely DISGUSTING ammount of trying to justify what the prezident does as correct, justified and something we should all be in agreeance with.

I believe they even reinforced/backed/suggested/whatever that "Killing a few to save the many is OK!"

The same with their strong stance on "Keeping the public in the dark because they cant handle the truth"

The whole show just feels to be.... trying to plant reasoning/idea's into our minds so when something like this does happen - the president can go - We kept you in the dark because you couldent handle/accept the truth at the time - and the public will go - well yeah, you're right we couldent. good prezident thinking of us sheeple!

Anyoen else get that feeling as well?

I can understand your feelings. To an extend I agree with Richard C. Hoagland saying that the show is a way to tell the people that we are not alone.

Unfortunately when it comes down to disclosure, I would agree to a degree why people would not be ready for a full disclosure. Instead is being done by pieces with shows like The Event, Ancient Aliens in the History Channel, and National Geographic and recent alien movies like I'm number 4 and such.

The one thing I learned once I became aware of how the world operates and the real truth about Aliens, I thought everyone should know. But the more I talk about it the more I understood that each person will be awake when they are ready.

lightworker27
29th March 2011, 17:04
I just watched this latest episode. Disgusting, of course. Spoilers ahead...

I wonder about the symbolism of the monument being taken down. Anyone?
Also what was that scene in the cave all about? Some symbolism there as well.

This was the first episode that the cute blond girl did not irritate me. All previous episodes she was this overly emotional panic driven shell. And now, that she has come to terms with being a half breed alien, she becomes more sane and centered. What's that about? Suggestions perhaps that humanity acts irrationally because they are unaware of their heritage and that as soon as they do become aware, they might wise up?

They started showing the president fearing for his 'strong' image in a previous episode. He had a dream where people he trusts, considered him weak. Pride dictates that he shows them different and proceeds to act in this highly irrational manner. Does not listen to reason, pushes council aside and becomes a war-president.
This argument is so old and tired: "We have to strike back sir, otherwise the world will consider us, you to be weak". Oohh, can't have that...
In the latest episode, when the president finds out they are 'completely defenseless', he proceeds to 'take them all out'.

So what is the message here? It cannot possibly be meant to show that his actions are righteous. They are brutal, primitive and largely unjustified.
To me it is just one more instance where the audience is treated to the stupidity of mankind, as was also the case with Avatar, for instance.
And that is a message that I strongly disagree with. To paraphrase Freeman: Humans are good, kind, caring, nurturing beings that love to play and have fun.
Civilisation is not the natural outcome of human endeavor, but the result of a usurpation of the race and the planet by the few.

It is not clear to me what they are trying to say with this show, really. Is it that man is dumb and should be eradicated, or is it that people in power pose a threat to all life? I don't think it can be both...
Perhaps it is another effort to more strongly polarize people. That too seems to be going on. Like, it's time to make a choice. Either you're with us or you're with the terrorists.

Isn't this growing spiritual evolution also meant to make us see that though there may be 2 sides of the coin, it is still 1 coin. The glass is both half empty and half full. Transcending duality, embracing the tao, rather than choosing the jin or the yang, etc.

And how is this supposed to reflect on Obama? Has anyone listened to his address last night (I haven't yet) and does it correlate?

Then again, it is just a TV series, supposedly made for entertainment and profit purposes, so it might not mean a thing.
If you saw the latest episode of 'V' you might draw a bunch of conclusions, but from what I gathered, that show was in distress and needed to pull off something big in order to stay alive, so they did.
That would suggest these shows might not be part of some propaganda program, but merely products for profit. On the other hand...

Who knows?

Elixer, I agree with that girl not irritating you. She irritated me throughout most of the show, and her boyfriend too for not putting some sense into her.

In regards to the show. The monument being brought down, I read that it is a symbolism of things to come. If there is one part that stuck with me was when Dempsey was at the archeological site and talk about angels, and how people in the past used that metaphor to describe Aliens from out space. In my opinion for a Network to allow that in a show is important, along with the other show "V" when there was an episode when a scientist said that the reptilians have been with us for a very long time.

Last night when I was on Facebook on "The Event" page, some people starting asking questions whether if the guardians or angels are what is being described in the bible, which some of them came to the conclusion how that makes sense about the Ancient Astronauts series in the History Channel.

I think the show is a good way to start disclosing the existence of Aliens in this planet. Little by little people are waking up and seeing things differently.

Best

JoshERTW
29th March 2011, 18:30
Potential spoiler:

Just my opinion...

But I think the old guy is an ancient ET - really old and on his death bed, extending his life any way he can - perhaps he took a vacation here or was cast off his planet back in the day. He's In tune with magic, remote viewing, stuff like that due to his experience.

They did mention in an earlier episode that they live longer than humans, and they showed him 'divining' something on that weird stone table in an earlier episode. Plus he has the same tattoo as the "god" in that cave painting.

vibrations
29th March 2011, 18:45
In the last episode in the end the president becomes as any president is: murderer and idiot.

It's just TV show, they want to steer the cord to the infinite but it is one of the few shows I am watching.

The portal, the "ever young" people from abroad, conspiracy inside the conspiracy, it looks like real life. Maybe it should be rated as reality show.

I am just curious how they will manage to make this ET group as eminent threat. Maybe they will bring the rest of their race and swallow us.

majapahit
29th March 2011, 18:47
there's a Hollywood 'take' on ET's
that you see too often

.. humans can and must and will battle ET's 'because they are beatable, if you're serious enough about it'

that's
.. dum & dummer

wonder why? (Don't ask :cool:)

DawgBone
29th March 2011, 19:30
Art in the service of indoctrination.

Very powerful stuff. Using the talents and inspirations of actors, directors, writers, etc. etc. to influence public opinion and belief. Our culture reeks of this kind of manipulation. I would even argue that our culture is MAINLY mind-control and manipulation at this point. There is very little else.

It's amazing that we can even walk ...

Blow up your TV
Plant a garden
Get a dog

Marshlight
30th March 2011, 02:46
I don't watch much television. I have been watching the event though. I don't personally see it as THE act of disclosing ET presence. From what I have seen, it's been getting drip-fed to the masses via Hollywood for some time. The efforts appear to have gained a sort of momentum. What was a drip, went to a trickle, is now a small stream. Will the floodgates open at some point, and will it be beneficial to our species?
I have to wonder what the motivation is. Is there a negative agenda? A positive one? I've read many points from both sides of the fence. When all is said and done, both appear to cancel each other out. I'm not going to pick a side, as I have no idea what the intentions could be. I'm remaining neutral until I get more information.

Tangri
30th March 2011, 04:31

Please check below address it s subtitled but English.
http://diziport.com/the_event_1_sezon-izle/15_bolum/

str8thinker
30th March 2011, 04:39
For what it's worth, I watched the first series of V 2009 avidly. Got halfway thru the second series, lost interest as the script got so awful, have all the episodes but need time & dedication to finish watching.

Likewise The Event. I watched about 4 episodes till I realized that again the script writers had narrowed the action down to about half a dozen characters in true Hollywood TV fashion. The actors were just being...actors. If the plot was a bit more carefully worked, instead of hacked, I would have enjoyed it more. Please tell me it's worth watching to the end.

PS Rubicon is a great show, even though they decided not to continue with it after the first series.