PDA

View Full Version : You Create Your Own Reality - is that so?

samvado
1st May 2010, 11:23
food for thought ...

The New Age “love and light” philosophies get plenty of criticism for being ignorant of the darker side of reality, for being steeped in denial and wishful thinking, and for turning its adherents into weak doormats. The “You Create Your Own Reality” concept (YCYOR) is central to the paradigm, based on the assumption that everything that happens outside of you is a reflection of what goes on inside you. Proof of this is offered via the observation that positive thinking attracts positive experience and negative thinking attracts negative experiences – which is accurate, as far as I can tell.

But YCYOR makes a fatal mistake in reasoning that dark influences can therefore be kept out of one’s reality by denying their existence. The problem is that ignorance and denial of something that has its own independent existence gives it room to maneuver in ways you refuse to perceive. The darkness within, your shadow side, has its own agenda and desires that continue to operate no matter how much you try to pretend it’s not there, and they will manipulate your thoughts and behavior without you knowing it. Likewise, the darkness outside of you, namely the plethora of predatory forces in human and nonhuman forms as well as the external consequences of poor choices made over the years, will inevitably give you a rude awakening from denial. In other words, when wishful thinking and denial is chosen over awareness and responsibility, things catch up with you sooner or later.

Anchor
1st May 2010, 11:34
I concur with the quoted text.

Where is it from ?

John..

stardustaquarion
1st May 2010, 11:39
I concur too with the quote

Cheers

samvado
1st May 2010, 11:52
I concur with the quoted text.

Where is it from ?

John..

look here please (http://montalk.net/matrix/128/the-trap-of-combative-dualism)

blue777
1st May 2010, 12:05
food for thought ...

quote:ut YCYOR makes a fatal mistake in reasoning that dark influences can therefore be kept out of one’s reality by denying their existence. The problem is that ignorance and denial of something that has its own independent existence gives it room to maneuver in ways you refuse to perceive. The darkness within, your shadow side, has its own agenda and desires that continue to operate no matter how much you try to pretend it’s not there, and they will manipulate your thoughts and behavior without you knowing it. Likewise, the darkness outside of you.

This is easily answered ...the blood , body , brain and soul ..if you add FEAR creates NEGATIVE spiritual thought of UNREALITY, negative emotional thought Hate/vanity, negative intellectual thought of FALSEHOOD... unreality, hate , falsehood ,all 3 create disorderd reason...
if you add the positive LOVE to positive spiritual thought which gives REALITY, positive emotional thought lLOVE/COMPASSION and positive intellectual thought TRUTH, reality, love truth= ordered reason ..positive sane state
.love and copassion for your fellow man.woman

HORIZONS
1st May 2010, 14:23
quote:ut YCYOR makes a fatal mistake in reasoning that dark influences can therefore be kept out of one’s reality by denying their existence. The problem is that ignorance and denial of something that has its own independent existence gives it room to maneuver in ways you refuse to perceive. The darkness within, your shadow side, has its own agenda and desires that continue to operate no matter how much you try to pretend it’s not there, and they will manipulate your thoughts and behavior without you knowing it. Likewise, the darkness outside of you.

This is easily answered ...the blood , body , brain and soul ..if you add FEAR creates NEGATIVE spiritual thought of UNREALITY, negative emotional thought Hate/vanity, negative intellectual thought of FALSEHOOD... unreality, hate , falsehood ,all 3 create disorderd reason...
if you add the positive LOVE to positive spiritual thought which gives REALITY, positive emotional thought lLOVE/COMPASSION and positive intellectual thought TRUTH, reality, love truth= ordered reason ..positive sane state
.love and copassion for your fellow man.woman

So are all the war torn - raped, beaten, murdered, imprisoned - people of the world creating their fate? What about the children being ravaged by Israeli and American bombs - them too?

blue777
1st May 2010, 14:25
what we need is Love compassion and altruism...there is so much information and disinformation it is hard to know what the truth is
lol

samvado
1st May 2010, 14:26
My goal is to inform you about the importance of using all your life tools and help opportunities, to be careful about assessing what you are truly capable of, and to proceed in life with awareness, wisdom, and discernment. Your learning lessons should be as fun and easy as possible.

To continue, the subject of “positive thinking” needs to be clarified. The problem with New Age’s version of positive thinking is that it comes at the expense of awareness, for it is a product of pure ignorance and denial. On a scale of awareness, there are two places where one feels blissful: either at the point of no awareness, in which one wallows in ignorant bliss, or in total awareness, where one understands that there is nothing to worry about since all preparations have been made and lessons learned. YCYOR positive thinking urges one to be at the bottom of the awareness scale, while true Reality Creation requires having full awareness.

True positive thinking is not denial or ignorance of the negative, but full awareness and understanding of how to deal with the negative. New Age positive thinking is merely a false fix, an attempt to suppress internal pressure and misery which arise because of fundamental misperceptions due to lack of awareness. If a pressure cooker is about to explode, it is better to turn off the heat than press down harder on the lid. With true positive thinking, your awareness fosters correct perceptions, which lead to the correct emotions and actions to match a given situation. Perceptions, emotions, and actions are a balanced trinity when awareness is sufficient.

The less awareness one has, the more unbalanced the trinity, with resultant detrimental effects which benefit negative forces. Unbalanced perceptions make it easier for your reality and timeline to be manipulated, for attacks to happen through gaps in your awareness. Unbalanced actions lead to self-sabotage, a missed opportunity to take active protection. Unbalanced emotions lead to either mechanization of the soul, or an overflow of emotional energy which are lapped up by negative forces who feed upon it.

Steven
3rd May 2010, 17:05
What is not written in the quotes but definitly lacking is simple. We are all connected and we influence our surrounding as well as being influenced by our surrounding. So, yes, consciousness creates realities, but a consciousness isnt isolated from the rest, but rather swims into the sea of consciousnesses forming all toghether the great consciousness. Isn't it simple, lol. The best one can do is to work in the inner self, but the illusion of being shielded from the outside is to be shaken and awaken.

Oh, and there is a big difference between wishful thinking and intentional maintained focus... This can be known, but better to be lived. Try it out.

Namaste, Steven

HORIZONS
3rd May 2010, 17:14
What is not written in the quotes but definitly lacking is simple. We are all connected and we influence our surrounding as well as being influenced by our surrounding. So, yes, consciousness creates realities, but a consciousness isnt isolated from the rest, but rather swims into the sea of consciousnesses forming all toghether the great consciousness. Isn't is simple, lol. The best one can do is to work in the inner self, but the illusion of being shielded from the outside is to be shaken and awaken.

Oh, and there is a big difference between wishful thinking and intentional maintained focus... This can be known, but better to be lived. Try it out.

Namaste, Steven

Agreed! Very well put. Thanks....

frank samuel
3rd May 2010, 18:24
Is easy to point fingers and say the reason why my life is not perfect is because there is evil in the world. Everyone is the same we are capable of being completely immature and never grow out of the me stage. The powers that be suffer from this disease rather than define it as good and evil I see it as a emotional instability at the extreme is self destructive and is reflected in all of us, it is a vicious cycle.
The very thing which needs to grow within each of us is the power and cognitive awareness of our hearts to produce stable thoughts and emotions . Instead people in general are inpatient, irritable, judgmental, and self center . Is sad to see young children committing suicide because they feel alone and misunderstood or by the same token take it out on others by becoming totally destructive. Is it because they are evil or is it because they are suffering from a common disease ? As a young person our thoughts and emotions are all over the place. The field of medicine that supposedly can help us with mental and emotional problems is a total failure. Have you ever visited a psychiatric ward ? Many of my family members work here on the Island in the field of psychiatry ? I asked them to give me a estimate of the success rate of patients in the local psychiatric hospital . The answer about 2% or less is what they told me.
Learning to produce thoughts and emotions which are beneficial to your health and the health of your family is about the most important thing that we can do for ourselves and the world that surround us. I do not believe the world will change if we cannot become mature and emotionally stable . So yes we can change our world by becoming emotional and mental magnets that create a world of happiness and stability for our love ones even in the most difficult moments we can be triumphant and become a source of inspiration.

Blessings to all...:wave::thumb::wub:

greybeard
3rd May 2010, 20:28
Hi Frank
I agree with you.
The AA Twelve Step program has turned round the lives of millions of people whom the medical profession were only able to help to a limited physical degree.
Dr's can only treat the medical, Psychiatrists cant help the spiritual side of people suffering from addictions.
There are many addictions, addiction to negativity and therefore self destruction is actually one.
So from my point of view an awareness of the spirit within, the goodness inherent within all is necessary for a happy and productive healthy life.
Happiness boosts the immune system, negativity lowers it.
Inspiration can mean moved by the spirit within and through using our free will to choose positive thoughts and emotions we will attract and be moved towards living a happier life.
Your happy, you lift everyone you come in contact with, its contagious
Chris
Ps Frank hope you and your family enjoyed your holiday.