PDA

View Full Version : The honest banker...

Platinum
1st April 2011, 15:40
Just back from withdrawing some money from the bank.

I was served by a very friendly young guy, probably in his early twenties.

He had to go and get some more cash as his till was low on supply. We had a joke about splitting the huge wad of cash between us, and as he seemed of good humour, I thought I'd drop in a little 'test' comment:

"Isn't it amazing how paper is worth so much!"

He smiled, a big broad smile, and replied: "Ahh, only because we believe in it sir!"

"It's all up here" he continued, grinning as he pointed to his head. "And it's backed purely by the power of imagination!" "You can make anything real with enough imagination".

I laughed, said that he knew the score, and we bid one-another an imaginative day. :wink:

Lord Sidious
1st April 2011, 16:07
I thought I was going to open the thread and see APRIL FOOLS!

gardunk
1st April 2011, 16:25
We are all april fools to the bankers!

Belle
1st April 2011, 16:39
No more bank accounts for me...I deal in cash only. Breaking away from the debit card was the hardest part, but now I have no cards whatsoever...no debit card, credit cards or store credit cards. Doing my little part in trying to starve them out and make it a little more difficult for them to find out how I spend my earnings.

Revere
1st April 2011, 17:01
No more bank accounts for me...I deal in cash only. Breaking away from the debit card was the hardest part, but now I have no cards whatsoever...no debit card, credit cards or store credit cards. Doing my little part in trying to starve them out and make it a little more difficult for them to find out how I spend my earnings.

Way to go Belle!!! I am working towards the same goals!

But, it is tuff though with possible expense account submissions with flying, hotels, entertainment and meals. But, I am working my way out of this Corporate Slavery thing. But very Soon... free yes free at last! God help me! LOL

Peace,
-R-

Revere
1st April 2011, 17:06

Yo Sid,

If you are ever around Philly (Philadelphia) let me buy you a cocktail. So, we can laugh our rumps off. Luv your jokes.

Peace,
-R-

Lord Sidious
1st April 2011, 17:13

Yo Sid,

If you are ever around Philly (Philadelphia) let me buy you a cocktail. So, we can laugh our rumps off. Luv your jokes.

Peace,
-R-

I would love to, but none of this panty waist cocktail rubbish, just a Jack Daniels and cola for me thanks.
Oh, and only on the condition that you keep looking out for those damn redcoats!

mondaze
1st April 2011, 17:16
honest banker has to be an oxymoron

king anthony
1st April 2011, 17:22
Is it not funny, how when talking to bank managers and people in the (upper parts of the) financial industry, one can bring up the truths of banking; which (usually) creates a "blank look" on their face - or even denial (that is, until one supports it). At times they say, "well, I don't make the law (policy)" - I reply, "but you surely benefit from it".

People, who are part of the system (working for "them"), support it and by supporting it, they perpetuate it. The fact they benefit from it means they are no better then the institution(s) they serve. Most times in character, they are not any better - for to be successful in serving an "artificial person" (a corporation), "who" is profiled as a sociopath, one must have those traits.

Revere
1st April 2011, 17:31
lord Sid

I would love to, but none of this panty waist cocktail rubbish, just a Jack Daniels and cola for me thanks.
Oh, and only on the condition that you keep looking out for those damn redcoats!

Perfect! I am a Bourbon fan as well. You call Jack and I'll call Mark... Makers, Mark that is! Cheers!
We can hunt a couple of those wily Redcoats down after several. Flog them with some carrots, cactus, or something like that.

Peace,
-R-

mondaze
1st April 2011, 17:33
redcoats? you going to butlins? sorry british joke!

Revere
1st April 2011, 17:36
redcoats? you going to butlins? sorry british joke!

Got me what are butlins?

Peace,

-R-

Revere
1st April 2011, 17:43
and the joke is...

Butlins (Resorts) runs a variety of family fun activities and entertainments, many of which are included in the price of a holiday. Redcoats provide entertainment, organise activities, and act as hosts

Yea something like that with Bourbon, carrots and cactus mixed in...LOL

-R-

conk
1st April 2011, 19:17
No more bank accounts for me...I deal in cash only. Breaking away from the debit card was the hardest part, but now I have no cards whatsoever...no debit card, credit cards or store credit cards. Doing my little part in trying to starve them out and make it a little more difficult for them to find out how I spend my earnings. This does not work well for someone who has worked and saved for many years. Too risky to keep that much cash around. But understand the idea fully.

Belle
1st April 2011, 20:02
Savings and investments are eaten up by inflation. The federal reserve is printing money like there is no tomorrow, lessening the value of the dollar; and I don't think they'll stop until what happened in Zimbabwe happens in the US. Retirement plans, pensions and 401k's are all in trouble at this point. No doubt about it...they're out to take every penny they can from us in one way or another.

For savings, we take half of whatever is left over at the end of the month and buy silver coins. Not only are silver ounces not affected negatively by inflation, they increase in value. I started buying at $7. an ounce...right now silver is going at $37.70 an ounce, a pretty good return on our investment I would say.

It's not perfect and it's not easy, but it's the best we could come up with to keep as much as we could for ourselves and out of their hands. I'm open to better ideas.

daledo
2nd April 2011, 07:42
Savings and investments are eaten up by inflation. The federal reserve is printing money like there is no tomorrow, lessening the value of the dollar; and I don't think they'll stop until what happened in Zimbabwe happens in the US. Retirement plans, pensions and 401k's are all in trouble at this point. No doubt about it...they're out to take every penny they can from us in one way or another.

For savings, we take half of whatever is left over at the end of the month and buy silver coins. Not only are silver ounces not affected negatively by inflation, they increase in value. I started buying at $7. an ounce...right now silver is going at $37.70 an ounce, a pretty good return on our investment I would say.

It's not perfect and it's not easy, but it's the best we could come up with to keep as much as we could for ourselves and out of their hands. I'm open to better ideas.

I don't look at it as inflation that leads to higher prices of goods and services... I see it as deflation of the dollar. A gold piece in 1900 still buys roughly the same amount of things today. It just takes more of that unbacked worthless paper money to buy the gold.

I honestly think that silver is a better investment than gold if you had to pick between the 2. The last year it has had a way better return on investment than gold. I have been buying a few coins a year but wish I was buying more since it has taken off this last year. Paper money will fall soon... I just hope there isn't a gold and silver seizure by our wonderful government. We all know they do what is best for us. A little sarcasm.

PS... Silver up to $37.83.

noxon medem
2nd April 2011, 09:55
- seems

There was fighting and war long before money took root in modern civlization.
So, please, do not blame it all on money (that detail)

Money is a flexible thing, and allow society to move more free
and funded, in abstracts of itself.
Art, science, philosophy, recreation, and more,
is allowed to evolve in large part because of money.
The flow of deed it make happen, and service ..
Money is energy, converted, into smooth liberation
from direct physical object trade. Easy exchange.

Money, or what was money, is a usefull tool.
Or at least have been, in the last centuries.

Please, let us not throw out the baby with the bathwater ..(unknown source, used by many)

:)

:fish2:

John Parslow
2nd April 2011, 11:52
AN HONEST BANKER - HA HA HA HA HA!

Methinks this should be on the April Fools thread ...

All the best to you. JP :cool:

thunder24
2nd April 2011, 12:07
Kudos to the understanding of the Honest banker. I know its a sore subject but in the Gathering of the 33 bloodlines, rocky_shorz has offered an idea on "State banks". At least check it out towards the end of the thread. If we change the way we think, We can change the way we act and respond, thus changing the reality we all live with in. thanks for this thread and
peace

Platinum
2nd April 2011, 12:49
Kudos to the understanding of the Honest banker

Absolutely. :thumb:

It pleased me to see one of our up and coming young men, working in such an institution, yet able to serve with a smile on his face, a bright sense of humour, and at least some level of cognition as to what is going on around him. :)

East Sun
2nd April 2011, 13:22
I used to work with a bank, but as a 'nobody' and that was fine with me. I did not want promotion and was often told, 'you don't look like a banker,' Well, I never considered myself to be a 'banker'--it was just another way to earn a living. The pay was lousy and the work stressful but I and my family were covered for health benefits.

Like most organizations it's the 'big guys?' at the top that pull the strings of the employees and customers. NOt even managers have much say in anything worth mentioning.

You can't blame the employees for working there any more than you can blame people who work in power plants or any job that could have a negative effect on the population. imo.

p.s. At the bank I was called, 'not a team player' because I didn't comply with the manipulation crap that was part of the whole system.

John Tate
3rd April 2011, 13:36
The value of paper money does not come magically from the imagination. The reason it can buy anything is because we take out loans which must be paid in the paper money. Abra-cadbra: There are now goods on the shelf and men selling their labors in exchange for dollars.

Please stop being so naive and ignoring the debt cycle. I don't mind debt or ushery nor the profit motive. I do dislike that we experience a currency monopoly. We cannot choose what paper we want to carry nor what loans are made in it. Imagine if we could? Transparency would become a market force. High-ups would not like this at all, because if we could choose what money we used (many would go gold backed) for it to have any worth at all people would want to see what loans are made in it. In the existing system money runs on a promise that bankers will give loans to productive people. Also of course with a monopoly it is easy to cause a disaster of deflation - but these give central banks more power typically and it isn't conducive to establishing a world currency. Inflation is! The inflation of the seventies brought us the IMF SDR, the paper money of central bank kings - but it does take a lot of power out of their hands. This is why they will hyperinflate again, so that we will accept and even bigger global currency monopoly.

ThePythonicCow
3rd April 2011, 16:22
The reason it can buy anything is because we take out loans which must be paid in the paper money.
Exactly, debt ... and taxes (the IRS demands payment in U.S. Dollars in my country - and you don't mess with the IRS!)

they will hyperinflate again, so that we will accept and even bigger global currency monopoly.
Yup.

conk
4th April 2011, 16:04
Yes, wars have been fought without fiat, but they soon run out of money. With phony paper they can print (or digitize) as much as they want. There is simply no way we could afford to spend the trillion$ in The Middle East if we were using money that was based on substance and not debt.

noxon medem
16th July 2011, 23:49
IRS

Irrational
Reality
Supression

Inefficient
Regulatory
System

Irreisistable
Reasonabley
Socieability

I
R
S

- D Irs
what is it ?
(and not ...)

- and Bump .

:- )

Koyaanisqatsi
17th July 2011, 00:02
We all know paper money is worthless. Backed by nothing anymore. Real wealth i guess is commodities, land, food, seeds, livestock, and firearms. sometimes i think of things to buy that will be of great value after economic collapse, but then i kick myself for letting fear get a lil grip. I want to always stay positive and in the now, only taking precautions when i can do it not out of fear. its a fine line.

Lord Sidious
17th July 2011, 02:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koY6kXhQDQo
An Irishman abroad tells it like it is
WARNING! He really is Irish and speaks his mind. Swearing involved.

Using the dark side of the force, I have discovered his identity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Ryan_(singer)