PDA

View Full Version : Woman in Saudi Arabia look like they are just there for the convenience of men.

Bob_2011
2nd April 2011, 14:47
This subject has always made me angry about how woman are treated in the Muslim world.

They are in desperate need of a Emmeline Pankhurst type woman of the Arab world, but the fear of the consequences is much greater in their world than it was in Britain when Emmeline done her thing.

They are an embarrassment to the civilised world , ive just watched this programe that the BBC has just shown, highlighting the plight of woman in Saudi, i was left feeling very angry about the mens attitude to their woman, they just stopped short of calling them their slaves.

So again i must assume its only because of the oil industries power over the views of our heads of state that is the reason why they are so quite about this subject.

Fromm the BBC,s Our World Team, You may need to download the BBC iplayer.

Behind The Veil. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0102fq9/Our_World_Behind_the_Saudi_veil/

Flash
2nd April 2011, 14:57
Bob, your link is not available in Canada (i bet it is not in US either). Would you have another link on it, the subject interest me quite a lot. Thanks

May be with the title of the reportage I would be able to find?

Maria Stade
2nd April 2011, 15:04
They have put sencure on this one 1 Cant be seen in Sweden !
:censored::tape2::flock::flock::flock:

jorr lundstrom
2nd April 2011, 15:05
And it doesnt work in Sweden.:llama:

Bob_2011
2nd April 2011, 15:15
I could try and download it as a file and then upload it on Youtube, dont know if that will work but will try it for you guys, other than that i dont know how els you can see it, i will look into it anyway.

unlockingyourhorizon
2nd April 2011, 15:20
Many things in this life are as they are for their purposes. You got angry enough to post this thread after seeing how they are treated, beaten and killed. This is not just an isolated insident for all around the world women (and men) are held against their will to provide services for people without compensation or benefit. All it takes is one fed up soul to start a movement. Perhaps this is what you have done.

DevilPigeon
2nd April 2011, 15:24
----

Streaming content from BBC is usually only available within the UK...

Gaia
2nd April 2011, 18:25
There are undoubtedly some restrictions for women in Saudi Arabia, but they do not necessarily correspond to the image of the oppressive what many foreign countries. Women in Islam although it veiled have played a major political role in this and the advent of Islam recalling that Prophet Muhammad's wife Aisha was a virulent critic of the political management.

taliesin
2nd April 2011, 18:49
I saw this report too, Bob, and like you I could hardly believe my eyes. One of the interviewees said that Saudi was the world's largest prison for women. They can't drive or work without the permission of their guardians, the men either husbands or fathers. It struck me as very odd to see these men completely accepting the servitude of their women. I think the Saudi and similar establishments must be very afraid of the innate power of women to keep them holed up like that in their houses all day long. And the women on the whole appear to acquiesce to this situation! It would be nice for me personally speaking not to work, but not at the expense of my freedom and sovereignty. I have a wonderful father, but there is no way I would give him that sort of power over my life. And yes the West permits this to continue because of the oil dollars. I just wonder how long the situation will last.

Odah
3rd April 2011, 00:40
women in the arab/islamic world had more rights and freedom 5o years ago than they do today. The intense opression of women in that part of the world now. is a result of the islamic world fighting the evils of the west. It is not about them being an oil rich nation.. it is that the saudies have used their oil wealth to spread a very strict form of islam. But we can't have open discussions about that in the west because any attempt to question practices of islam is considered hate speach .