PDA

View Full Version : Australian Moon...

Teakai
2nd May 2010, 12:15
Hi, I was wondering if anyone who lived in Australia was getting the same weird view of the moon that I was.
Itís very hard to look at, you almost feel like you need glasses because you canít focus, and surrounding it is a blue haze that keeps pusling out irregularly.

On one side of the moon, if you keep looking at it it will flare suddenly like a big flash of diamond light.

There are no clouds around it, the sky is clear, but for straight clouds running some distance away and meeting in a point.

Iíve never seen the moon do anything like this before Ė admittedly I donít look at the moon unless I happen to be outside at the time.
Anyway, this struck me as REALLY funky. I dragged my family out to see, but they were all ho hum. So, if anyoneís there, take a look and tell me what you think.

I would have taken a photo, but eldest daughter has taken off with my camera.

jackovesk
2nd May 2010, 12:32
Yes Teakai you are right...

Just went outside an had a look, I live in Queensland and I could see a Blue Hue to the Right & Left Predominately to the Right that purges out quite far. I also see a Reddish Orange Hue on the Top & Bottom of the moon. After viewing it for a little while the moon changes to diagonal oblong shape then goes back to normal. It is hard to look at for lengthy periods. Freaky...

Teakai
2nd May 2010, 12:38
Oh, good. So it is feaky, then?

I was thinking maybe I'd spent too much time on the computer today and burnt a layer off my retinas and was making something out of nothing.

Those sudden flashes of light on the edge really did it for me. You have to keep focusing for a bit and then you see them. Unreal.
Thanks for your reply, Jackovesk.

Think I'll go and have another look. :-)

bluestflame
2nd May 2010, 12:47
gunna go see what i get from it , will let you know

~☼~

§=[Post Update]=§

gunna go see what i get from it , will let you know

~☼~

§=[Post Update]=§

maybe the moon's not so extinct after all

Teakai
2nd May 2010, 12:48
Those flashes are really something. Is anyone seeing the flashes?

Gita
2nd May 2010, 12:55
The moon round here in UK has been pinkish since last October with the haze round it - and bigger than usual!

Wood
2nd May 2010, 13:14
This is weird, a few days ago I was looking at the moon (full moon) and I thought it was bigger than usual too. I live in Spain.

Teakai
2nd May 2010, 13:16
The moon round here in UK has been pinkish since last October with the haze round it - and bigger than usual!

That sounds pretty, Gita. Tonight's is silvery white mixed with powdery blue - and not very big.

Do you get a lot of chemtrails where you are? I wonder if that might have anything to do with the colour and the haze.

I live in a largish inland country town and I haven't seen many chemtrails. Though I did the other day when a plane flew over.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, I think I have done something to my retina's now from staring at the moon for so long :-)

Fredkc
2nd May 2010, 13:40
"Australian Moon"

First response; Jeez! Now you guys want your own moon, too?
Ain't you folk ever satisfied?

Next;
"Glows" and halos around the moon are not uncommon, especially around the equinox. Normal stuff, folk. Has to do with the amount of moisture in the air 'round these times. Also, size and color of the moon has a lot to do with where it is in the sky, and the amount of atmosphere twixt you and the moon.
You'll see it when high, thin clouds containing millions of tiny ice crystals cover much of the sky.

Each ice crystal acts like a miniature lens, and because most of the crystals have a similar, elongaged, hexagonal shape, the moonlight is refracted 22 degrees, creating the halo effect.

And again, as to size;
The only way the moon would be truly "larger" is if it is closer. This would be immediately obvious, particularly to those of you living on an island ;) because... it would affect the tides, and you'd be standing in water. :)

Ok, I guess that's my "wet blanket" post for the day,

Fred

Gita
2nd May 2010, 13:55
That sounds pretty, Gita. Tonight's is silvery white mixed with powdery blue - and not very big.

Do you get a lot of chemtrails where you are? I wonder if that might have anything to do with the colour and the haze.

I live in a largish inland country town and I haven't seen many chemtrails. Though I did the other day when a plane flew over.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, I think I have done something to my retina's now from staring at the moon for so long :-)

The chemtrails here are horrendous. But weíve been sprayed here for at least a decade and itís only since October last year the moonís been looking pinkish but itís not a pretty pink Ė itís like a dirty pink.:eek:

Gita
2nd May 2010, 13:58
"Australian Moon"

And again, as to size;
The only way the moon would be truly "larger" is if it is closer. This would be immediately obvious, particularly to those of you living on an island ;) because... it would affect the tides, and you'd be standing in water. :)

Fred

Standing in water you say Fred - hmmm - check this out!:p

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?299-Earth-Updates-2010&p=16004&viewfull=1#post16004

Majorion
2nd May 2010, 15:47
surrounding it is a blue haze that keeps pusling out irregularly.
Hi Teakai, sort of like this? :)

http://xs.to/image-A553_4BDD8C4F.jpg

Teakai
3rd May 2010, 01:43
"Australian Moon"

First response; Jeez! Now you guys want your own moon, too?
Ain't you Aussie folk ever satisfied?

Next;
"Glows" and halos around the moon are not uncommon, especially around the equinox. Normal stuff, folk. Has to do with the amount of moisture in the air 'round these times. Also, size and color of the moon has a lot to do with where it is in the sky, and the amount of atmosphere twixt you and the moon.

And again, as to size;

Fred

LOL.

Yes, but did you 'see' the moon? It wasn't just a halo - it was a pulsating irregular halo. And there were flashes (sparks) on the moon's surface lighting up at intervals. It was a flare like you'd see if a glass flashed in the sun. It was like exploding light.
I've never witnessed something like that before.

Teakai
3rd May 2010, 01:49

The halo was way bigger, Marjorion, and undulating unevenly. It was difficult to define the edge of the moon without really focusing. Which is how I spotted the flares.

bluestflame
3rd May 2010, 01:49
yes i seen that was like a liquid silver sparkling light ...really appeared illuminated

bluestflame
3rd May 2010, 01:54
some interesting pics here sorta related to topic

http://www.hyd-masti.com/2009/05/unusual-weather-phenomena-moon-bows.html

bluestflame
3rd May 2010, 01:56
doublepost ~☼~

watchZEITGEISTnow
3rd May 2010, 13:12

http://xs.to/image-A553_4BDD8C4F.jpg

what the!> who took that one?! :P

Majorion
3rd May 2010, 13:40
what the!> who took that one?! :P
http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseop/photo.pl?mission=AS10&roll=27&frame=3916

:)

watchZEITGEISTnow
4th May 2010, 05:19
also try this:
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/frame/?AS10-27-3916
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/catalog/70mm/magazine/?27
so that is the atmosphere we're looking at? Looks THICK! :P

Studeo
6th May 2010, 08:40
Hi. just a thought. Maybe it has something to do with an unpronouncible volcano currently blowing its top for the last month in the northern hemisphere. The ash partitulates will be starting to be noticed in the high atmosphere globally by now. I Don't know about the flashes tho.:confused: