PDA

View Full Version : YouTube, new rules for registration and viewing

Pagan
9th April 2011, 17:54
A month or so ago, I created an Youtube account. YouTube asked for my Phone number for the registration. yesterday I noticed something new, to put videos in the cue, for viewing, logging in is now demanded! It feels like they want to register what you watch. I'll generally never login when just viewing, just when uploading or when I get messages.

What do you guys think this is about?

Ammit
9th April 2011, 18:01
I think its a pain in the ass as i cannot remember my Google account details from yonks ago. The only way forward for me now is to register again with youtube.....

Maria Stade
9th April 2011, 18:13
Controll freaks Wot if you dont have a telephone ?

Sounds strange in my appinion !

Newlyn
9th April 2011, 19:12
Yea I know this. Think it is that they just want everyone linked to the google services. Pain in the ass. I made fake accounts, just because.

fopa
9th April 2011, 19:21
I'm sure that such information will be stored in their CRM ;|

Operator
9th April 2011, 19:52
This was clear from day one ... they offer your more videos you like and even say because you watched so and so ...

Siegfried The 7
9th April 2011, 20:51
I definitely think its being done so the PTB know what you're watching. Youtube also signs you into google. When i sign in I go straight to google and log out be cause its real easy to forget you're signed in and you may start searching for whatever and data is being collected. I've noticed that many sites you join these days will close your account but not necessarily delete things you upload or write. To me the internet is a new way to build a psychological profile on an unsuspecting person. If everything you do, watch, or write is being collected, shouldn't take too much to get a feel on who you are.

People think because its the internet they're anonymous but i don't buy it. I don't trust much of anything any more. Be careful of the trail you could be leaving behind. Almost sounds a little like Minority Report. Through your internet use, someone may feel you can be influenced to go in one direction or another.

Be safe out there everyone.

Darla Ken Pearce
9th April 2011, 21:31
Oh, for goodness sake, let those turkeys and bozos know all. They have so much information ~ they can't lay hands on a single item with any accuracy. When you have everything by way of information on everyone, you know nothing! It's a universal law! Give them whatever and stop creating monsters where none exist.

Let them listen in, tune in, and button up ~ maybe they will learn a thing or two! Gosh, I once had the FBI listening in briefly, so I said, "Get your pencils ready, boys!" Then, I read the "Law of Nations" by Emmerich de Vittel out loud for the benefit of those who might not be aware of the real laws. It's a very long book and my visitors were out of there so fast! Relax. When we become love the world becomes a much friendlier place. And this thing about fake names ~ do any of you remember who you are by now? Too funny but very sad at the same time. Love you! xoxoxox