PDA

View Full Version : Fight club

bilko
15th April 2011, 01:51
I first watched this film before i had started waking up but let me tell you, watching it again now... It puts all my fears in a basket of eggs and makes a tasty omelette out of them.

I'm surprised it doesn't come up more often. Not only is it good with a six pack and a foul mouthed - lets get belligerent with the tele sesh, but it addresses many of the issues talked about here on a daily basis.

The idea of being hit in the face hard used to terrify me but this almost makes me want to pick a fight just so i can feel my cheek bones run cold as the blood is thrashed from them.
To feel raw naked anguish as i see the fist planted on my nose but then to realize that i am infact alive.

To vanquish all my fears in a single brawl.

I know there are dark things, things that happen that will leave the most hardened fighter begging for death but this is a good start for the immediate enemy.

Fight Club is a truly brilliant film, if you haven't seen it then i invite you to do so. You will not be disappointed.

DevilPigeon
15th April 2011, 02:11
-----

I didn't get it the first time I saw it, a friend let me borrow his copy & he looked totally shocked when I gave it him back and I asked what it was about! :)

Another film well worth watching if you haven't already seen it is 'Revolver'. Very similar in overall scope, not as violent though lol.

Gone001
15th April 2011, 02:15
I first watched this film before i had started waking up but let me tell you, watching it again now... It puts all my fears in a basket of eggs and makes a tasty omelette out of them.

I'm surprised it doesn't come up more often. Not only is it good with a six pack and a foul mouthed - lets get belligerent with the tele sesh, but it addresses many of the issues talked about here on a daily basis.

The idea of being hit in the face hard used to terrify me but this almost makes me want to pick a fight just so i can feel my cheek bones run cold as the blood is thrashed from them.
To feel raw naked anguish as i see the fist planted on my nose but then to realize that i am infact alive.

I know there are dark things, things that happen that will leave the most hardened fighter begging for death but this is a good start for the immediate enemy.

Fight Club is a truly brilliant film, if you haven't seen it then i invite you to do so. You will not be disappointed.

Now this is a thread I can get behind haha. Fight club is my favorite movie and I've thought about it at times while trolling through Avalon. You would think the idea of 'project mayhem' alone would have people on here talking about it.

I can also relate to it. My foremost passion is music but right under that is boxing. There is nothing like stepping into the ring and overcoming your deepest fears. You even learn to use your fear as an advantage.

Here's a quote by Jim Morrison that I think applies here, it goes like this "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."

Cheers,

Aldous

bilko
15th April 2011, 02:32
You just had a near life experience LMAO!, Brilliant.
Excellent, so glad i'm not alone in the thinking behind this film.

Gardener
15th April 2011, 02:50
One of the truly greats along with JFK and What Dreams May Come.

Ahhh
g

Tahi
15th April 2011, 15:34
The idea of being hit in the face hard used to terrify me but this almost makes me want to pick a fight just so i can feel my cheek bones run cold as the blood is thrashed from them. To feel raw naked anguish as i see the fist planted on my nose but then to realize that i am infact alive.

A local radio show in Sydney interviewed a man Weds or Thurs who organised a fight club. Prize was $1500, not sure whether per fight or end of night thing.

Suspect your quote bilko, is main motivation not money.

Koyaanisqatsi
15th April 2011, 16:38
Come to my gym and train mixed martial arts. You'll likely vomit from exhaustion. The book was better.

freespirit
15th April 2011, 20:01

Sorry Bilko but it bored me senseless.Semi-naked males fighting because it excites
them ? Typically Hollywood.Maybe some hard drugs could give the film some added dimension.

freespirit

Jake
15th April 2011, 20:08
Ha! I loved the movie. Not going to start punching myself in the face, or nothing. But I loved it.