PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Opinion Poll: Should our Spirituality Forum be publicly viewable?

Richard
3rd May 2010, 19:08
From the onset of the building of this new forum it was envisioned to have a spirituality section that is only visible to members. The idea was to give us all a less scrutinized forum were we can be more open and well.. spiritual. and hopefully promoting some of our shyer members into opening up here as well.
I have been asked if we can change that and the answer of course is yes, however it is a decision that should be made by all of us and not an administrative one.
So Avalon, Should our Spirituality Forum be publicly viewable?

================================================== =================

Avalon has spoken.

This Sub Forum is now open to the public for viewing

:welcome:
Hello World

Gestalt
3rd May 2010, 19:20
The idea was to give us all a less scrutinized forum were we can be more open and well.. spiritual. and hopefully promoting some of our shyer members into opening up here as well.

Prior to joining PA, I wasn't even aware there was a spirituality section. I think it may deter people from joining if we don't show that we take spirituality serious as well by having this section.
Whether is 1000 people or 10,000 people that see a forum, when its large numbers on a scale like that, I don't think it will have much impact on shyness and openness. That just my opinion though. I'm all for more transparency!

greybeard
3rd May 2010, 19:27
From the onset of the building of this new forum it was envisioned to have a spirituality section that is only visible to members. The idea was to give us all a less scrutinized forum were we can be more open and well.. spiritual. and hopefully promoting some of our shyer members into opening up here as well.
I have been asked if we can change that and the answer of course is yes, however it is a decision that should be made by all of us and not an administrative one.
So Avalon, Should our Spirituality Forum be publicly viewable?

I would prefer that the Spirituality form is open to all
Chris

Celine
3rd May 2010, 19:36
please correct me if i am wrong but...

was part of the intent to give people a place to feel free to express themselves spiritually , without getting harrassed?

isnt this very thing happening in public threads atm?

personally..i believe in openness ..but, i also am glad to have a place to post where i do not have to concern myself with who will "react" and "how".

so i am unsure...

kriya
3rd May 2010, 20:03
Well Celine,

I've gotten harrassed by members in the past, so frankly I don't see what difference it makes. But I understand your reasoning. Spirituality is open to interpretation, therefore, conflict arises.

But we are strong:fencing:

I dearly wish the spirituality forum to be open to all. Especially since there are usually many more guests than members viewing the Avalon Community. Not to mention that guests can't post anyway.

Love,

Kriya

frank samuel
3rd May 2010, 20:11
I think we have fail to learn a valuable lesson here. If you try to control and restrict others we are acting in my opinion very immature. This says that we are not mature enough to feel at ease with others viewing our post or threads. I worry about those that are making this type of decisions. We are just inviting more problems for ourselves and this forum in general it leaves people feeling isolated as though others are more special because you have to be a " member of the Avalon Forum". Is this not the attitude of the ptw an exclusive club for members only? So what makes us different ? Lets bring this forum to another level otherwise is headed on a sure path of self destruction. Just my humble opinion.
Open to all is my Motto : please come on in to our forum all are welcome ...:welcome::grouphug::wub:
Blessings to all...:crazy_pilot:

Wood
3rd May 2010, 20:33
I think it should be public. If at any point we need a private area for special purposes (spiritual or not) it could be opened as well.

truthseekerdan
3rd May 2010, 20:34
Well Celine,

I've gotten harrassed by members in the past, so frankly I don't see what difference it makes. But I understand your reasoning. Spirituality is open to interpretation, therefore, conflict arises.

I dearly wish the spirituality forum to be open to all. Especially since there are usually many more guests than members viewing the Avalon Community. Not to mention that guests can't post anyway.

Love,

Kriya

I agree with you Kriya on this :thumb:

I think we have fail to learn a valuable lesson here. If you try to control and restrict others we are acting in my opinion very immature. This says that we are not mature enough to feel at ease with others viewing our post or threads. I worry about those that are making this type of decisions. We are just inviting more problems for ourselves and this forum in general it leaves people feeling isolated as though others are more special because you have to be a " member of the Avalon Forum". Is this not the attitude of the ptw an exclusive club for members only? So what makes us different ? Lets bring this forum to another level otherwise is headed on a sure path of self destruction. Just my humble opinion.
Open to all is my Motto : please come on in to our forum all are welcome ...:welcome::grouphug::wub:
Blessings to all...

Hey Frank, I really like your opinion...:)

Love and Peace, ~ Dan ~ :wub:

Samarkis
3rd May 2010, 21:44
Well Celine,

Love,

Kriya

I rather prefer it only be open to those that are mature enough to handle the spirituality.....most people have to learn WHY spirituality is important and to understand the underlying factors why society is where it is at (i.e.-the whistleblower's info and basics of consciousness).....Whatever the group decides is fine however......we are all connected and are ONE.........

In Light!

K626
3rd May 2010, 21:49
IMO part of our role here is to change something in anyone who happens by....

K

morguana
3rd May 2010, 21:59
learning is a right for all, is my reason for yes

norman
3rd May 2010, 22:04
Spirituality isn't politics. It's very very personal. Whenever I read 'spiritual' threads/posts I get a 'puke' feeling rise up in me. It's so sickening to see it being reduced to isms and value ridden strata.

If there is to be a spirituality forum within this forum, I'm emphatically in favour of it being as personal as possible. While others argue that it should be 'open to all' and apply politically correct isms to the idea, I say NO.

pilotsimone
3rd May 2010, 22:27
It takes a lot of courage to post in these forums. Too many people get hounded and harassed for posting their spiritual views. It's as if some members just can't help themselves. They like to take it personally, then debate and ridicule until the original poster is exhausted from defending himself.

I can only imagine how much we're missing. I'm certain there are many who hesitate to participate because of this.

sunflower
3rd May 2010, 22:57
I prefer an open forum. But please trounce those who do not respect the views of others.

Richard
4th May 2010, 11:58
:bump:

Looks good! :)

Swanny
4th May 2010, 12:06
Before I voted I could see the poll results which also told me who voted for what :)

Anchor
4th May 2010, 13:17
I rather prefer it only be open to those that are mature enough to handle the spirituality..

I think I can see why you want this, but it cannot work the way you want. The forum mechanics obviously do not extend to measuring ones maturity and one does not become "mature enough to handle the spirituality" by becoming a member.

John..

Northern Boy
4th May 2010, 13:22
Spirituality is a very personal issue and is different between individuals, although sometimes it may seem similar it is different depending on each person (I hate that word). You can not force your version of it on another it is up to each being to decide which version they want to follow be it some one else`s or their own so open it if you wish just remember none of us has all the answers in regards to the topic at hand and respecting others versions of it maintained

Richard
4th May 2010, 14:41
Avalon has spoken.

This Sub Forum is now open to the public for viewing

:welcome:
Hello World