PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.

vasquez
21st April 2011, 03:28
Hi

I've been a follower of alternative media for a few years now, regulary keeping up to date via Camelot / Avalon which i really thank bill and kerry for from the bottom of my heart.
Also youtube / feature documentarys like zeitgeist and the like. So i'd say i'm very awake, deep thinking and not at all a TV head.

Over the last couple of days i've been seriously thinking of moving out of the city where i live with my parents in England. I've always had some kind of force telling me to go to Australia... for years. It's been a dream of mine, i can feel my intuition telling me to get my arse outta here and follow my dream and get my backside to Australia......to live a better life.

My family are asleep, i've tried and tried but to no avail. I'm the black sheep.. so helping/saving them isn't an option... i've tried. Unfortunately they ain't budging.

I've been trying to save money at the moment for the past few months and i've managed to scrape up a small amount of monies in a savings account. I know this will get me to Australia on a one way flight. But i know it's not nearly enough.. to see me through whatever comes our way, but i feel something big is coming that will effect the modern western way of living. Be it a cataclysm, financial meltdown, pole shift, nemesis, elenin and the like... one of them or all.
I'm a working class guy in a terrible system so saving monies is difficult.

I've already used my my holiday working visa, so there is no option for me to get another one and go work in Australia for a year and see this through. The only way i'd be able to get a long term visa is by getting a skilled working visa which takes a year+ to process and alot of money.

Since coming back from Australia from my years travel on a years holiday working visa i thought i'd learn a skill so i went to college and have learnt to become a fully qualified electrician over the course of 3 years, i have 4 more weeks to my final exam, and my plans were to move to Australia on a skilled working visa..... but i feel i have no time for this, since it takes a while to process and ALOT of money.

I have a internet friend i keep in touch with and he lives inland Australia and he's invited me to stay with him, free of charge and join his community he is setting up with a dozen others. I'm thinking of just packing my bags, buying a one way and seeing what comes of this. The problem recently is i've just been laid off from a company i've been working for, for the past year so my saving has just stopped basically as soon as i started saving.

Should i follow my intuition and just go if i can save up another couple of £K?

I've been thinking of this and if i go, i'd basically end up being their illegally since my only option is a 3 month tourist visa, pass that 3 months and i'm an illegal immigrant, personally i don't give a flying hoot about this since after all we are all human on one planet and borders make no sense to me.

I want to stay with my family, but i feel i will NOT be safe at all with them, in our home and in my city. I've travelled around the world alone when i was 21 so going into the unknown doesn't phase me at all. I'm 25 now, so i feel i need to fly the roost soon.

I've had other ideas come to me like offering to work voluntariliy on a farm inland Australia. I mean atleast that way growing crops and sustainable living wouldn't be quite as hard as living in the city environment like I live into today with supermarkets being my only source of a way to keep myself alive. But then again the Visa situation?

I feel i have been quite open here and would really love for ideas of what i can do to improve the predicament i'm in at the moment.

I know i am in control of my own destiny, I would just love some wisdom from someone who maybe older, wiser, more knowledgable than me or some wisdom from a higher source.

I really don't mind private messages at all, i welcome them :)

What should i do?

Dennis Jonathan
21st April 2011, 03:34
I'm not all that wise, and only 9 years your senior, but I feel compelled to tell you:

"Why ask a question you already know the answer to?"

Do with that what you will. Find your center and listen.

Nasu
21st April 2011, 03:54
I'm not all that wise, and only 9 years your senior, but I feel compelled to tell you:

"Why ask a question you already know the answer to?"

Do with that what you will. Find your center and listen.

Well said Dennis. But since you clearly need a stranger to confirm to you what you already know in your heart, go east my son and survive and prosper. If you can, bring others with you later, if not, remember them in your daily affairs, be true to the thought of the moment and avoid distraction, other than continuing to exert yourself towards your goal, do nothing else. Throw caution to the wind and become a migrant, legal or otherwise and join in the one true trend sweeping the world. Go, soon...N

ExHaLaTiON
21st April 2011, 04:02
Take the road less traveled.

Isthatso
21st April 2011, 04:20
Just so you know, upon entering Australia or NZ on a 3 month tourist visa they will likely check to see if you have enough funds for the holiday. So if you just have enough money for a one way ticket and can't show how you will be supporting yourself (even if staying with a friend) you may be sent straight back on the next flight. They will smoke you out if you're not prepared.

Wonderful you have a friend to come and stay with - that sounds ideal and you will be qualified in a trade.

Go for it - just plan carefully and try to do it legally. That will make things far smoother in the long run.

Warm wishes....

seko
21st April 2011, 04:23
have fun in Oz! adios amigo.

toothpick
21st April 2011, 05:18
I am in the same family situation.
Let me guess.
When you walk into a room or especially when you mention any of our forgotten lost history, their eyes roll back and everyone is giving akward stares at each other.
"Please, don,t let him come over and talk to me, I, am very content and I don,t want to to hear any of his crap."
Holy cow man, you can almost hear what they are thinking.
My wife thinks I,m insane and my 3 kids avoid me, if, I,m going to mention this stuff.
I,m not sure but I feel they all know I,m right, they don,t want thier paradyms busted.
Now my 4 grandchildren ( and they are really Grand ) are all on the right track already.
Anyway all that is ok and does not matter because this is my Journey to myself, understand.
Same for you Vasquez, you are already telling yourself to go, always follow your intuition, and don,t worry about your family, they will come along at their own pace.
Make sure you prepare properly. Have all your papers together and make sure you have enough funds for your stay.
Go for it man, have a good time.

Toothpick

TWINCANS
21st April 2011, 05:34
Looks like you are already projecting yourself out to Aus, by the passion apparent in your 'question'.
Now all you need is to drag your 3D world along with you. I'd second the view of those who suggest that you make it all right and tight. You have only 4 weeks to exams, and with your intentions focussed you will no doubt be able to push through the final hurdles and get the working visa. You said you have places to stay until you get on your feet.
With your eyes on your goal the magic will happen.
Good luck and keep us posted!

bennycog
21st April 2011, 05:53
Instinct has kept me where i am and i am not even bothering with drastically trying to wake people up now. They all know my position and ill just sit back, continue taking in info, try to decifer it and wait for them to come to me with questions and try to do the best i can at answering them..
love from oz

Siberia9
21st April 2011, 07:43
I have to give myself the same advice everytime I realize that I need to make a major change. Slow down, finish up any comitments and obligations, go with the flow, which is always slower than Id prefere but forcing it never works out. Then sell everything and start to seek a round trip ticket for half price, when something like that click's, its time to go and not before. This will give you a chance to save a few bucks, and remember to enjoy the ride. BTW you are 25, dont be to hard on yourself, you are suposed to run off and see the world. You are expected to do some crazy things and make mistakes too. We all look back at the crazy things and mistakes and laugh now, and wonder how we survived it all, you will too, its a good thing. Now go out and jump in boots first.

Freeman
21st April 2011, 08:48
Trust yourself and be on a mindfulness state rather than give in fear or anxiety.Alow you to be human,many when it is time to do this kind of choice are asking ourself "Is it time?Am i prepared?"
My advice is dont try to force things let it flow like the water and no stone will be able to stop you.

Taurean
21st April 2011, 08:56
IMO if chaos does prevail then reliable communications will be one of the first things to suffer. I think it would be better to be around people you know and who know you, because we are going to need to pull together in order to survive. It won't be long before marauding gangs spring up and start stealing what ever you have. Strangers will inevitably be viewed with suspicion.

Like many others I am quietly biding my time at the moment, but also noting the strengths and weaknesses of my local community and trying to anticipate how we could deal with each situation as it arises. I guess, in the beginning, intuition is going to be the only thing we have to work with.

Anchor
21st April 2011, 10:57
If your heart is seriously telling you to move to Australia - if you want to do it, you can do what I did, visualize yourself here already, in whatever situation you feel appropriate and let the universe take care of the mechanics. Worked for me - within a month I was offered an opportunity to work in a job that sponsored me for a 457 visa, then after that they helped me get permanent residency.

Fred259
21st April 2011, 11:58
Good post Taurean; sound no nonsense Yorkshire advice I would say…

What’s the panic Vasquez, you’ve got age on your side, you live in Chester which is a great place, your family is with you, you have employment and a good trade. Would it not be better sticking with what you have, rather than throwing it all away while chasing something you don’t have.

I think the word here is “consolidation”. You’ve just qualified as an electrician; I think it’s quite important you get 12-18 months minimum under your belt, then you will be very employable. Do that at home where you will perhaps make better money, thus solving your second problem with the finances.

One thing that concerns me, you say;

“I want to stay with my family, but I feel I will NOT be safe at all with them, in our home and in my city”

What!

The last time I was in Chester I though it was a great place, you’ve obviously never been to Newcastle.

I think you are perhaps being influenced by the web and forums like Avalon. It’s good to be informed and prepared, but things like pole shifts and ice ages and the likes, you can’t run you life on what Alex Jones says for example.

Tip. Put on a white shirt and tie and go and knock on the door of BAE Hawarden, tell them you want a job as a maintenance spark in the factory, get in and then work your way up. In reality you are now working for Airbus, good company, high standards, status. Get yourself a cottage with a little land maybe even out on the Welsh border or within commuting distance, this will get you out of the city, and your preferred way of life with the veggie garden etc. It’s the best of both worlds, good job and quality of life.

Good luck..

Davidallany
22nd April 2011, 05:52
Advice please.
Hello vasques, my advice to you is to stay with your family and try to expose them to what's going on slowly and indirectly, leave them bread crumbs they can follow. Maybe this video will help you.
MFOZ7APuqVE&feature=related
Ultimately it's your decision though. Cheers

transitionalman
22nd April 2011, 06:41
Hey Vasquez,

My first instinct told me to tell you to follow your heart. I think that you should definitely go to Australia. I am in the same predicament as you are. When in comes to my family, everyone is asleep, and I sense that I have nobody to talk to. I have noticed a slight bit more of interest from my mom when I bring things up from time to time. Imho though, I think you should save a little bit of money to get your green card. I wish you the best my friend.

Good luck

katewilliams79
22nd April 2011, 06:48
Save, do things legit. Keep the dream alive, Get your visa situation in order.

Miller
22nd April 2011, 06:48
My advice would be to go with the flow - you have already planned your trip - :) - but also to have a return ticket just in case. You can always redeem (most of) the money if you decide to stay. IT and Communications means that you can stay better in touch with friends and family and the Avalon Forum all over the world, day and night. This might change in the future of course. Sometimes we can overthink a thing and end up chasing our own tail and when that happens you have to go back to the beginning. And the beginning is that you want to go to Australia ......

Hey - don't forget your surfboard - have a great time !

transitionalman
22nd April 2011, 06:55
Simply beautiful from 8:18-8:23. His reaction is great. It's pretty rare to hear someone admitting to not paying taxes...and for 10 years at that! Your completely correct. The first eight minutes is enough to get someone to ask how. Love it!

jackovesk
22nd April 2011, 07:13
Vasquez,

Concentrate on passing your Exams 1st, then go through the correct channels to obtain a skilled working visa!

Once you obtain your legal visa, square things away with your family before you make the trip...

Do the Right Thing Vasquez even thou it may take longer, when you come here legally you won't have to continue looking over your shoulder and living a Lie. We already have too many illegal immigrants in Australia.

TigaHawk
22nd April 2011, 07:17
I am unable to understand why it is so hard for people from England to get permnant residency in Australia...

We're allmost one and the same... no? Yet my Dad's sister - whom also decided they wanted to move to australia, ran into the same problem.

There have been quite a few Travelers whom have landed jobs at my other half's place of work. It's a level 1 IT help desk - you dont need any fancy pieces of paper which claim that you're smart - just good talking skills, basic computer knowledge. The one thing you NEED tho - is knowledge of how to use Active Directory. Only the basics tho - IE - How to create an account, and add/remove users from groups.

If this is something you think you'd be up for let me know and i'll get my Ba to ask his boss for specifics. The travelers im referring to are people from England, Switzerland, and India. Some were just on a working holiday, others were seeking permnant residency, and the rest were going to uni.

They only employ contracters as new starters tho - meaning every new employee they get , comes thru their recruitment agency, Hay's - http://www.hays.com.au/main/default.aspx

Hay's gets a commission for getting you a job. Send them an email, or give them a call. Tell them what you want. they will find it for you :)

Hopefully, I'll see you over here in the future!

phillipbbg
22nd April 2011, 07:56
Firstly finish what you started with your electrical qualifications... secondly if you become an illegal in Australia when they deport you you will have a mandatory 3 to 5 year exclusion period slapped on you, plus if you ever want to get back there it will make it next to impossible. If you do it the right way you will have the freedom to come and go as you please instead of putting your self into a life of fear.....

Also Australia can bring you down to earth with a thump yes it is the lucky country but only if you work for it, and I don't mean the money side of it.... you work to live in Aus not live to work.

I come and go to Australia as I please it is worth doing it the right way, also why create bad karma when you are so close... seems to me you are being tested to see if you will do it the wrong way as you may have in your past.... remember its the journey not the destination...
Hope this helps.

Davidallany
22nd April 2011, 08:12
Simply beautiful from 8:18-8:23. His reaction is great. It's pretty rare to hear someone admitting to not paying taxes...and for 10 years at that! Your completely correct. The first eight minutes is enough to get someone to ask how. Love it!
Let the wind carry it far and wide for all to hear.

Davidallany
22nd April 2011, 08:21
We already have too many illegal immigrants in Australia.
It's tragic that we are considered illegal immigrants on the planet where we were born. Can you see the mental chains, the brain washing and conditioning. People should be free to roam the planet, stay, live, study wherever they like. jackovesk, thank you for bringing this up, it's something I have been thinking about for some time.

Ross
22nd April 2011, 08:29
If your heart is seriously telling you to move to Australia - if you want to do it, you can do what I did, visualize yourself here already, in whatever situation you feel appropriate and let the universe take care of the mechanics. Worked for me - within a month I was offered an opportunity to work in a job that sponsored me for a 457 visa, then after that they helped me get permanent residency.

Every majestic oak tree was once a nut who stood his ground.

John is absolutely correct. It has to be your intention to want to be here. I did that 4 years back, tho I came from New Zealand and under a "special category visa" (bilateral residency agreement) that part was easy. Leaving home was a different story, what I had to become unattached from...anyways, I had been visiting OZ since I was 18 yrs, where I now am, in Queensland, I knew at 20 yrs I would live here...doing it tho was very difficult...However, I always felt grounded in this country, it is where my lil spirit is happy. That is everything to me!

Make it happen, make it so...best country in the world... deal with the same ****e as everywhere else, but a magnificant country, huge and awe-inspiring, If you city live tho...hmmmm, might as well be living in any city...imho. I absolutley love it here!

Ross

ktlight
22nd April 2011, 08:40
There are law firms in UK who deal with these matters but, of course, they cost.

I have a friend who now lives in USA, who went there first and then had the green card issue dealt with by a firm in UK, for instance.

jackovesk
22nd April 2011, 09:48
We already have too many illegal immigrants in Australia.
It's tragic that we are considered illegal immigrants on the planet where we were born. Can you see the mental chains, the brain washing and conditioning. People should be free to roam the planet, stay, live, study wherever they like. jackovesk, thank you for bringing this up, it's something I have been thinking about for some time.

Be careful 'What You Wish For' Davidallany...

That's Exactly what the NWO Globalists want!

Countries with no Borders, no Sovereignty, no Property rights, no Culture, no National identity, ect, ultimately heading towards a 'One World Govt'! Great!!!

Like I said before be careful 'What You Wish For'!

phillipbbg
22nd April 2011, 16:16
Must admit this immigration fobia that exists world wide is an interesting phenomena considering Chinese travelled to every country on earth in search of gold for well over 500 years and the countries they settled in seemed to survive. England used to dump its unwanted population around the EMPIRE like trash... as for Australia well I am not too sure what they are afraid of maybe they think someone could steal the country....and drag it into the northern hemisphere...Mmmmm

No it all comes down to money as usual, either by charging for visas or getting only the immigrants with money...etc Of course all this gets forgotten when a country needs labour then all restrictions are off as can be seen in the developing Arab states... I also have 3rd generation Australian born Chinese friends who emigrated to China 2 years ago because there were more opportunities to succeed in China than Australia.....

Ah its a funny old world.....