PDA

View Full Version : Eat the Rich

Calz
21st April 2011, 20:20
Came across an interesting little 9 min vid that puts the US budget for 2011 into numbers that we can get a grip on. :wof::wof::wof::faint2:

Bear in mind ... this is the BUDGET ... and does not even touch on the DEBT.

http://pumabydesign001.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/eat-the-rich-bill-whittle-firewall/

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ&feature=player_embedded#at=381
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ&feature=player_embedded#at=381

9eagle9
21st April 2011, 21:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8EZW7-NSNI

Couldn't resist.

Eat the Rich - Krokus.

Eat the rich, eat the rich-- out of the palace and into the ditch!

nomadguy
21st April 2011, 23:59
;) - http://thetruthdenied.com/c2010/images/BPposter_24_s.jpg

-- http://www.thetruthdenied.com/c2010/solutions_vs_oil_addiction.php

Lost Soul
22nd April 2011, 00:03
How about eating TPTB instead? There is a difference.

Calz
22nd April 2011, 00:11
How about eating TPTB instead? There is a difference.

Aside from tasting like sh*t ... would you really want TPTB/W energies integrated into your body???

I think not :)

Peace of Mind
22nd April 2011, 00:17
Exactly^^, rich foods are not good for you...

Peace

Meadowlark
22nd April 2011, 00:19
This guy is focusing on the Forbes 500 list, but as Ben Fulford has pointed out many times, those aren't the real numbers on what the elite actually have.

If there is one thing they are great at, it's hiding how much money they really have.

Lord Sidious
22nd April 2011, 00:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8EZW7-NSNI

Couldn't resist.

Eat the Rich - Krokus.

Eat the rich, eat the rich-- out of the palace and into the ditch!

Ooh, Krokus, nice. That's from the Headhunter album. Excellent album.
I see your Krokus and raise you MOTORHEAD!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvBiSPgVAZU

Calz
22nd April 2011, 00:30
This guy is focusing on the Forbes 500 list, but as Ben Fulford has pointed out many times, those aren't the real numbers on what the elite actually have.

If there is one thing they are great at, it's hiding how much money they really have.

How much is "real" in the "reality" which has been foisted upon us (particularly related to money)?

You are correct about hiding wealth. The "uber rich" (allegedly) are not even names we would know. Corporations and Enron style "creative accounting" are just a few of the myriad avenues available.

When you own the majority of everything and everyone (in power) you can pretty much write the rules as you go along (and "they" do).

9eagle9
22nd April 2011, 15:16
How much is "real" in the "reality" which has been foisted upon us (particularly related to money)?

We probably don't have a clear idea of what is the reality of money. It's my understanding that most of us have never seen true money like perhaps our great grandparents did. So how would we know the reality of it. Our Great Grandparents had something that was backed by something. . We have fiat money; what do they, the PTB, have? Actual money? Backed by something besides a signature. Goods? What causes something to have value? Scarcity?

Scarcity/Value is a schism that occurs in our head a lot. Based in want, need, desire. Antiques , pieces of art how much actual value do those things have on a practical level? The value we place on it. In material goods there has to be some intrinsic ideal attached to the goods to make them valuable and that would be scarcity. Gold is supposed to be scarce but is it? How we would know? Gold I suspect is a created scarcity, and I think the value of gold is more alchemical than material. actual real money would be scarce too because most money as we know it to be isn't, its fiat. And the 1 percent are hoarding the real money there's scarcity of money in the system that we are using for our daily transactions.

sunnyrap
22nd April 2011, 15:39
Many years ago, I was helping a friend move out of an apartment complex that was 'low rent' and apparently home to many shady characters. She cautioned me not to leave anything outside unattended for any period of time while we were moving her because it might get stolen. She had a cat and we had to move it's littler box, so I cleaned it out by, lacking anything else, dumping the contents into an old pillow case to take out to the trash. Yep, you guessed it. I dropped the case onto the porch while loading other items... I asked if any of our group got it, but no--I howled with laughter over that one.

If you think about it, this is exactly what the so called 'rich' have stolen. They've put their faith in physical wealth that does not sustain their spirit and that which has no true value while cutting themselves off from the energy of love, inclusiveness, cooperation and the joy of happiness shared. THEY are the ones to be pitied and prayed for, really--not reviled. Took me a long time to REALLY understand Jesus' words and the true sadness they held: 'forgive them, Father, they know not what they do'

I'm not at all against having all the physical props and tools you need to support your well being. I've just noticed how little you really need in the past few years and that when you don't gather up a bunch of money or 'stuff' around you, nobody tries to steal from you and that leaves you in relative peace. Plus, less stuff is a whole lot less work...

Dennis Leahy
22nd April 2011, 16:42
Calz_Avaretard, thanks for posting this. I hope someone has the time to find the major flaws in what I believe to be a pile of disingenuous verbal sleight-of-hand, and an homage to the wealthy.

A couple of quick observations:
$2.4 trillion was collected in US federal income taxes in 2006. (Using figures after 2008 is going to present a lot of problems, with all the engineered "financial collapse" hooey vastly distorting the figures - that and the fact that those to whom the spoils of financial war fell are most likely to loophole or dodge their way out of paying taxes for it.)

That $2.4 Trillion figure is artificially low because many/most large corporations pay little or no tax.

About $2 Trillion dollars was spent in health care in 2006, and about 1/2 of that came from households and businesses. So, add another $1Trillion to the pool of money.

We're now up to $3.4Trillion of pooled resources, and haven't even had one tasty morsel (ptttttuuuu!) of fat cat. (Whoever said that we would utterly discount income taxes from the rest of society? It's not that we want to eat the rich as much as it is that we don't want to be eaten by the rich any more.)

Note that our narrator said corporate "profits." That is key. Profits, for multinational corporations are mostly hidden off-shore. Profits are also calculated after executive salaries are paid. There are numerous loopholes and tricks to minimize taxable "profits." The real figure, for corporate profits (including multinational corporations doing business on US soil), is probably closer to $2 Trillion to $3 Trillion than the $357 Billion that our friendly Mr. Whittle assumes.

I'm going to conservatively say that the pooled resource then is closer to $5 Trillion, per year, minimum. That's at current tax rates for individuals, the pooled money from individuals and businesses paid for health care, and with corporations being forced to pay their actual portion of taxes.

We also should not assume that the current budget is sane and sound, because it includes about $1 Trillion for (overt) military spending (hey, it's expensive to rule the world with military might and maintain over 1000 foreign military bases.) That figure does not include "black-ops" (covert) spending, a figure we're not privy to, but is reportedly around another $1 to 1.5 Trillion.

Suddenly, it doesn't seem so dire to cut social programs. Oh, and the $1 Trillion we *already* spend for health care could easily provide true, universal health care.

That's just my quick observations. Maybe someone else will want to thoroughly pick-apart Bil Whittle's aristocrat-apologist diatribe.

Dennis

Calz
22nd April 2011, 17:44
Thank you Dennis.

You raise some good points.

I don't know how many (if any at all) really have all the answers to the illusion we call an economy.

Even Ron Paul ... as much as I admire his integrity and honesty ... tries to apply surface logic to bringing home all the troops and thinking the dollar savings will translate directly into *actual* savings.

The truth of the matter (which is more obvious every day) is the US/black op military/mercenary forces have been used to STRONG ARM and BLACKMAIL other countries into using the dollar as the standard world currency (aka petro dollar) for many years now. Without the threat of overt or covert retaliation governments would have acted more on their own behalf.

Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins (and his related video interviews and appearances in documentaries) reveal some of this.

Remember also that there are really no national boundaries to the elite.

Anyway ... things are finally changing. The good news about a worldwide collapse of "the system" is at some point things can start anew.

I like to keep things simple ... and my own opinion is "they" are simply using enough smoke, mirrors and band-aids to keep the illusion alive until it is time for "them" to hit the DUMBS (deep underground military bunkers) and let the rest of us fight for survival on top.

But ... that's just me.

sunnyrap
22nd April 2011, 18:31
One thing that baffles me. Money is simply an accounting system. We're being enslaved by an accounting system, which is really just purely a concept--and we can switch to another accounting system that serves us better, any time. 'Theirs' serves only them--less than 2% of the population. A productive discussion would be how to replace and walk away from it.

I suppose it is naive to say it doesn't cost anything to STOP using something--but there must be a way to design evaluate fair trade of goods and services that completely cuts out the current fiat money system that has run amok.

Calz
22nd April 2011, 19:08
One thing that baffles me. Money is simply an accounting system. We're being enslaved by an accounting system, which is really just purely a concept--and we can switch to another accounting system that serves us better, any time. 'Theirs' serves only them--less than 2% of the population. A productive discussion would be how to replace and walk away from it.

I suppose it is naive to say it doesn't cost anything to STOP using something--but there must be a way to design evaluate fair trade of goods and services that completely cuts out the current fiat money system that has run amok.

The ones in "control" have no intention of a "fair or level playing field".

Quite to the contrary.

Now if the banksters were actually giving out "real money" on loans instead of creating new money out of thin air by typing some digits into a computer (essentially - they do keep a small percentage margin ... or at least they are supposed to) that would be closer to "fair".

We keep going through these cycles of boom/bust not because it is a natural cycle per se ... rather it happens due to the injection of money into the system then the later withdrawal. This leads to periods of "easy money" and people spending beyond their means only to later have the banks scoop up their tangible assets cuz they cannot meet the payments or sometimes even calling in the loans if they are current.

Quite the rigged game eh?

In the current case of the US economy it is broken beyond repair and by design.

In the 30s depression our debt was low and we had a strong industrial base to allow for rebuilding (after the banksters stole as much as possible from the masses).

This time there is little left save the "sevice sector" and a debt that challanges even a monopoly money supply.

The OP vid just dealt with the budget. Once you get into the debt it is clearly the end of the ponzi scheme and without hope.

IMHO

sunnyrap
22nd April 2011, 22:20
I read a brilliant essay some a financial type in the UK put up on the net that explained how the banking system really worked. Banking by its very design will wreck a culture that uses it because it automatically reduces the value of money by paying the banker quite literally for nothing. Yeah, he says its for the 'use' of the money. But that use does not create useable goods or services, so it just adds to the cost of whatever is financed until it spirals out of everyone's grasp and the banker sits holding all the cash, which he quickly exchanges for real goods with real value. It's a con game, folks, and bankers are the biggest snake oil salesmen out there, save maybe for the drug pushers...er, pharmaceutical tycoons...

Calz
22nd April 2011, 22:29
I read a brilliant essay some a financial type in the UK put up on the net that explained how the banking system really worked. Banking by its very design will wreck a culture that uses it because it automatically reduces the value of money by paying the banker quite literally for nothing. Yeah, he says its for the 'use' of the money. But that use does not create useable goods or services, so it just adds to the cost of whatever is financed until it spirals out of everyone's grasp and the banker sits holding all the cash, which he quickly exchanges for real goods with real value. It's a con game, folks, and bankers are the biggest snake oil salesmen out there, save maybe for the drug pushers...er, pharmaceutical tycoons...

Many good documentaries out there now cover this quite well.

9eagle9
22nd April 2011, 23:08
I see your Notorhead Lord Sidious and up the ante with System of a Down. The purveyors of extreme social commentary...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM

Why don't presidents fight the war, why do we always send the poor.

For those who care to watch, I have to warn that SOAD tends to be extreme in viewpoint referring to TV programming as "chocking chicks and sodomy" and posting a vid puts me at the risk of violating forum profanity guidelines and upsetting notions of religious precepts. Consider yourself warned.

There's a vid on the page with lyrics (F Bomb warnings) as most people can't understand the wild cacophony that BYOB is.

Maybe should go find some TOOL to have in reserve if we decide to play another hand before folding.

Calz
22nd April 2011, 23:23
I see your Notorhead Lord Sidious and up the ante with System of a Down. The purveyors of extreme social commentary...lol.

For those who care to watch, I have to warn that SOAD tends to be extreme in viewpoint referring to TV programming as "chocking chicks and sodomy" and posting a vid puts me at the risk of violating forum profanity guidelines and upsetting notions of religious precepts. Consider yourself warned.

There's a vid on the page with lyrics (F Bomb warnings) as most people can't understand the wild cacophony that BYOB is.

Maybe should go find some TOOL to have in reserve if we decide to play another hand before folding.

Hee hee ... always love your style 9eagle9 ... regardless of topic or level of seriousness.

Looks like it is closin' time for the Margarita Bar for tonight.

Ohhh ... antee raised for m'lord to leapfrog that one :)

9eagle9
22nd April 2011, 23:44
Oh not, not .... the margarita bar just opened . One shot 1800, a shot of Triple Sec, some sweet lime juice and some margarita mixer. On the rocks no salt.

Haven't figured out how to salt the rim without spilling the drink out.....;)

Hee hee ... always love your style 9eagle9 ... regardless of topic or level of seriousness.

Looks like it is closin' time for the Margarita Bar for tonight.

Ohhh ... antee raised for m'lord to leapfrog that one :)

Sierra
23rd April 2011, 00:15
Oh not, not .... the margarita bar just opened . One shot 1800, a shot of Triple Sec, some sweet lime juice and some margarita mixer. On the rocks no salt.

LOL! You salt the rim first! Lick the rim, turn the glass upside down and dip the rim in a plate of salt, turn the glass upright and then build the drink!

9Eagle9 is pulling our legs ... :pound:

ThePythonicCow
23rd April 2011, 00:39
Er eh ... salt the rim before you pour the drink in?

(Or am I doing my usual and missing the joke again?)

P.S. - Looks like Sierra beat me to it. :o

Calz
23rd April 2011, 03:01

You are spot on as usual ... can you pass the salt shaker with that massive paw of yours? :)

Shezbeth
23rd April 2011, 05:26

Um, I think you're supposed to salt the glass before pouring the drink in,... just sayin'.

And I call your raise with Muse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Calz
23rd April 2011, 05:40

Um, I think you're supposed to salt the glass before pouring the drink in,... just sayin'.

And I call your raise with Muse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Won't be long before I come under attack for starting a "lighter side" thread as " a global financial one".

Okay ... I am a bit "punch drunk" from other threads.

And that is *fine* ... it is all good ... if you cannot laugh at what is foisted upon us as financial reality then ... hold onto your hats my friends :)

Sierra
23rd April 2011, 18:46

I'm fast sometimes <smug grin>
I may be missing the joke also lol! Have to wait for 9Eagle9 to come back and lash us with wet noodles :whip:

Calz, here ... have a triple! Better to be more drunk than punched :)

Slap Happy Sierra :hippie:

Calz
23rd April 2011, 18:51

I'm fast sometimes <smug grin>
I may be missing the joke also lol! Have to wait for 9Eagle9 to come back and lash us with wet noodles :whip:

Calz, here ... have a triple! Better to be more drunk than punched :)

Slap Happy Sierra :hippie:

Wet noodles I can deal with.

It's her *damn* meatforks that scare me sh*tless!!! :scared::faint:

Sierra
23rd April 2011, 18:54
Wet noodles I can deal with.

It's her *damn* meatforks that scare me sh*tless!!! :scared::faint:

LMAO! :pound:
She can get pretty scary when she is chasing you with a meatfork!