PDA

View Full Version : Silver is going a bit mad - up 37% in 2 months!

ktlight
25th April 2011, 07:04
The suppression of the price of silver is weakening as large investors and koe public start to realise the impact the banks are having on the value of fiat currencies...

Silver has risen about 37% since early Feb when it was at £17.50 an ounce, today it's peaked up at £24.10 !!!! It's risen 100% in a year.

The flip side of looking at it is that our currencies have been devalued a load. Inflation (aka reduction in purchasing power) is huge...

It's a long way falling but it's really picking up momentum now... Personally I'd recommend getting any savings out of the banks and into something that has actual value... If you consider that to be land, food, metals, a plane, a boat... whatever. buy it soon

http://www.24hgold.com/english/gold_...Pound&p=argent

Here's Ron Pauls take on the situation: (NOTE 3 US Sttates have bills they want to get through bring gold and silver back as legal tender)

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-ron-paul-on-legal-tender-laws-coin-shortages-interest-rates-municipal-bonds-the-gold-standard.aspx?article=3418052798G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Mish

Shezbeth
25th April 2011, 19:25
This is an important point, thank you for drawing attention to it.

In January, Silver was at about $26/ounce US. As of the writing of this post, it stands at around $47 US. Vs. the dollar, that is almost a 100% increase over the span of a season. Precious metals have, in the last 30 years, never experienced a notable decrease in value. Currencies on the other hand,....

http://www.apmex.com
They've got a handy-dandy value chart, with an option for historical charts underneath it.

I don't recommend buying from them though, they like to markup. ^_^

Nyce555
25th April 2011, 19:31
I was going to buy some silver, but I couldn't believe how expensive it has gotten. Yikes! A lot of people on the site said they were buying just in case our dollar (US) crashes.

DevilPigeon
25th April 2011, 19:35
-----

I saw a video from infowars.com yesterday, Alex interviewed Max Keiser who said that there was a 'tipping point' of $47 where JP Morgan in particular would likely be in the doodoo...... Be interesting to see what pans out (pardon the pun!) over the next few days etc...

Gaia
25th April 2011, 19:45
Hence a spiraling course money is increasingly used in solder for electronic components. It rises like all metals, you can also compared to the sharp rise of copper. I have read somewhere that in 1977, the Trump brothers had tried to "Capture" the global market for money.

Shezbeth
25th April 2011, 20:01
I agree that metals are getting expensive. I suggest however, that one could do worse than have a little.

I also suggest that not having metals could be more costly in the long run.

That's my 0.02 (in silver of course ^_~)

ktlight
25th April 2011, 20:07
-----

I saw a video from infowars.com yesterday, Alex interviewed Max Keiser who said that there was a 'tipping point' of $47 where JP Morgan in particular would likely be in the doodoo...... Be interesting to see what pans out (pardon the pun!) over the next few days etc...

Was this the one where it was advised to buy one piece of silver and ask for the product to be delivered, and thereby bring J P Morgan down?

Paul
25th April 2011, 20:14
I have read somewhere that in 1977, the Trump brothers had tried to "Capture" the global market for money.The Hunt brothers tried to capture the silver market (http://www.buyandhold.com/bh/en/education/history/2000/hunt_bros.html).

Shezbeth
25th April 2011, 20:16
Max Keiser did a report recently that hilights the precious metals market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9D2zTTjYA

janus
25th April 2011, 20:21
People laughed at me when I started buying silver at $7. an ounce. They laughed again as I began dehydrating organic produce and saving heirloom seeds. Seems to me the writing has been on the wall for a long time that with jobs being moved out of the States, inflation eating up any possible earnings/savings one may have, and GMO's taking all the nutrition out of the food we eat, something needed to be done at least at a personal level to take care of our families.

As far as JP Morgan goes, there's so much hype on their silver shorts that I wonder what is really going on. I don't think they are that arrogant or foolish...or are they?

Gaia
25th April 2011, 20:27
I have read somewhere that in 1977, the Trump brothers had tried to "Capture" the global market for money.The Hunt brothers tried to capture the silver market (http://www.buyandhold.com/bh/en/education/history/2000/hunt_bros.html).

Merci pour la correction.Thank you for the correction. Sorry ! Didn't check the info before posting:o

DevilPigeon
25th April 2011, 20:41
-----

Was this the one where it was advised to buy one piece of silver and ask for the product to be delivered, and thereby bring J P Morgan down?

Yeah, I think so, taking physical delivery of the actual metal is important, rather than having a certificate.... There was also a lot of growling IIRC :)

Paul
25th April 2011, 20:52
People laughed at me when I started buying silver at $7. an ounce. They laughed again as I began dehydrating organic produce and saving heirloom seeds. Dang - your crystal ball is working well for you. Good work.

T Smith
25th April 2011, 20:55
As far as JP Morgan goes, there's so much hype on their silver shorts that I wonder what is really going on. I don't think they are that arrogant or foolish...or are they?

They are certainly that arrogant. But I don't think they are that foolish. JP Morgan is not going to lay down just because silver is skyrocketing. Even if it the price sprials out of control, I'm sure they have a contigency plan to protect their interests. They probably have a number of diabolical plans they can hatch that we haven't even considered if push comes to shove. I don't have specific knowledge -- just a hunch.

janus
25th April 2011, 21:17
Thanks, Paul. No crystal ball, just read between the lines and watch events line up. Add in a bit of research and history of depressions/money manipulation and voila! a path opens up. I figured, let them laugh...the worse that could happen is silver could drop and I'd have some food and seeds stocked up just in case this turned out to be another Y2K.

DevilPigeon
25th April 2011, 21:18
People laughed at me when I started buying silver at $7. an ounce. They laughed again as I began dehydrating organic produce and saving heirloom seeds. Seems to me the writing has been on the wall for a long time that with jobs being moved out of the States, inflation eating up any possible earnings/savings one may have, and GMO's taking all the nutrition out of the food we eat, something needed to be done at least at a personal level to take care of our families.

Maybe they are, in a "Trading Places" type way... You know, where they think they're too big to fail?

LightningResistor
25th April 2011, 21:30
Thanks, Paul. No crystal ball, just read between the lines and watch events line up. Add in a bit of research and history of depressions/money manipulation and voila! a path opens up. I figured, let them laugh...the worse that could happen is silver could drop and I'd have some food and seeds stocked up just in case this turned out to be another Y2K.

This is exactly what I'm doing. Been buying as much silver as possible and preparing for a potential economic crash. And hey, if nothing happens, that's alright by me.

janus
25th April 2011, 22:06
I think the term "too big to fail" may be part of the propaganda to focus attention away from the fact that we are footing the bill for their games...a way of diffusing the anger that would have surfaced had the truth become apparent to the average person. "They" are protecting us, don't you know...

The bankers and corporate globalists appear to be making moves to take control of what happens in the world. It has been ongoing for many years, but serious moves are being made now. Recent wars in countries that do not believe in usury (Libya, for example) are red flags for me...getting rid of the current rulers and instituting Rothschild fractional reserve banking. Need I say, Monsanto with their GMO's attempting to take over all farming practices around the world. Countries trying to eliminate plant-based medicine for big pharma to take over.

I can't stop the train, but I can try to keep it from running over me and mine and try to warn others....I have no bank account and deal in cash only, buying silver (the poor mans gold) and now looking into copper, preserving nutritious food and saving seeds for future gardens, and currently taking classes in herbs and herbal medicines.

By taking as much control as possible, there is no fear of what may come.

K626
25th April 2011, 22:18
Silver rising like this is pretty much the writing on the wall for the dollar.

K

janus
26th April 2011, 11:07
Ampex has a possible silver shortage...article found at http://www.zerohedge.com/article/apmex-starts-reverse-inquiry-seeks-buy-any-quantity-silver-clients-3-over-spot

"Over the past hour Zero Hedge has been inundated with reader comments notifying us that Ampex has, validating the earlier post speculating about a possible silver shortage at the metals distributor, launched a "reverse ïnquiry" in which it will pay "you $3.00 over the current spot price of Silver for your Silver American Eagles. ANY year, ANY quantity!" and "We will pay you $38.00 over the current spot price of Gold for your Gold American Eagles. ANY year, ANY quantity!" So aside from this first public confirmation that one of the biggest wholesale retailers of precious metals is now inventoryless [sic], we can certainly see why Asia has decided to take silver down in the afterhours electronic session."

mgray
26th April 2011, 11:15
Been in silver since $7 level. Took the run up on cheapening dollar through Fed chief Ben Bernanke's QE1 and QE2. Tomorrow could be a tipping point. Any monetary tightening could be negative for PMs.

Paul
26th April 2011, 11:35
AMPEX has always been willing to buy and sell gold and silver. That they are keying into the current hot price movements in silver to purchase some tells us nothing other than that they think that (or want their potential customers to think that) the price of silver will continue to rise. I see no shortage of silver on their website http://www.apmex.com/Category/503/Silver.aspx available for purchase.

(Disclaimer: I am an AMPEX customer.)

Anchor
26th April 2011, 11:47
Silver rising like this is pretty much the writing on the wall for the dollar.

K

Makes me laugh when you see "Gold is going up" "Silver is going up" etc. What is happening is that the dollar (and any other currency in which gold is increasing in price) is going down!

Food is going "up" - nope, the money you use to buy it is going down.

Gold used to be inversely linked to the price of oil but that broke not so long ago.

One thing is that Silver is actually consumed or used-up in industry etc - so is actually rare, whereas, Gold is not - most of what has been mined is still in existence somewhere.

I read about the Australian Banking Act 1959 having a provision for forcing Australians to deliver their Gold to the central reserve, but there is no such provision for Silver.

If you are going to invest in metals - Silver has to be one of the ones on the shopping list!

janus
26th April 2011, 11:50
Thanks, Paul. I am not familiar with AMPEX, thus found the article interesting.

I buy silver from Lakota Silver and from the Free State Project (NH). I find the Free Lakota Bank (http://www.freelakotabank.com) interesting, but have yet to open an account.

LightningResistor
26th April 2011, 13:40
I buy silver from Lakota Silver and from the Free State Project (NH). I find the Free Lakota Bank (http://www.freelakotabank.com) interesting, but have yet to open an account.

Hey Belle, thanks very much for the link. I'm looking into the site now, but when I try to set up an account I receive an error. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this? Anyway I will continue to try. :p

janus
27th April 2011, 14:43
I haven't tried setting up an account myself yet. There should be a "contact us" page so you could contact them via email or phone. Let me know how you make out with this.

Paul
27th April 2011, 14:54
Ampex has a possible silver shortage...article found at http://www.zerohedge.com/article/apmex-starts-reverse-inquiry-seeks-buy-any-quantity-silver-clients-3-over-spot

"Over the past hour Zero Hedge has been inundated with reader comments notifying us that Ampex has ...

It's APMEX, not Ampex ('P' before 'M'). It stands for American Precious Metal Exchange.

Here's the email I got from them with the details:

Subject: APMEX Wants To Buy Your U.S. Mint Products!

Dear Paul,

Due to the recent incredible demand for Gold and Silver bullion products, APMEX would like to offer you an exclusive opportunity to LOCK IN YOUR PRICES and sell us some of your U.S. Mint collection. This is a limited time offer and it is first come, first served until we have secured enough U.S. Mint bullion products to meet our current demand!

We Want These Products:

We will pay you $38.00 over the current spot price of Gold for your Gold American Eagles. ANY year, ANY quantity!

We will pay you $3.00 over the current spot price of Silver for your Silver American Eagles. ANY year, ANY quantity!

We will pay you $1,250.00 for your 2010 America The Beautiful 5 oz. Silver coin sets.

Once we have purchased enough of these products to meet our current demand, this offer will end! YOU MUST ACT NOW!
(I don't actually hold all the specific items listed above - this was a generic email message.)

janus
27th April 2011, 20:46
Mea culpa. Just spelling out "American Precious Metals Exchange" rather than using the abbreviation reveals the truth of the matter.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Paul. I stand corrected.:o

Paul
27th April 2011, 20:57
Mea culpa.
My apologies - I should have acknowledge that I was nitpicking a minor, minor detail. No problem.

steve_a
27th April 2011, 22:33
Hi klight,

I've noticed that slver seemed to be on the rise also (mainly by following Max Keiser) and recently I bought some. Here in Brazil silver isn't sold as it is in the US or UK and it isn't even features in the bourses! However I have a friend who's a jeweller and he put in contact with his supplier.

I ordered 500gms - over here they don't deal with imperial weights - and that pans out to be 1.1 pounds or 17.6 ounces. I have received 200 grammes so far with the rest to be delivered this week. My silver is in little flakes of silver each weighing 1 gram and is a little cheaper than buying a silver coin for example. It cost me R$2,00 per gram. Don't get excited, it's not a great amount!

The general concensus is that silver will lower in value in around six weeks and then will sky rocket to around $100,00 an ounce by the end of this year. Let's see what happens. If it works out well, I'll go in for other things like rutílio which I already have a pleasing little experience with.

Best regards,

Steve

The suppression of the price of silver is weakening as large investors and koe public start to realise the impact the banks are having on the value of fiat currencies...

Silver has risen about 37% since early Feb when it was at £17.50 an ounce, today it's peaked up at £24.10 !!!! It's risen 100% in a year.

The flip side of looking at it is that our currencies have been devalued a load. Inflation (aka reduction in purchasing power) is huge...

It's a long way falling but it's really picking up momentum now... Personally I'd recommend getting any savings out of the banks and into something that has actual value... If you consider that to be land, food, metals, a plane, a boat... whatever. buy it soon

http://www.24hgold.com/english/gold_...Pound&p=argent

Here's Ron Pauls take on the situation: (NOTE 3 US Sttates have bills they want to get through bring gold and silver back as legal tender)

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-ron-paul-on-legal-tender-laws-coin-shortages-interest-rates-municipal-bonds-the-gold-standard.aspx?article=3418052798G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Mish

Lost Soul
28th April 2011, 23:17
Silver is still undervalued. It should be a 16:1 ratio to gold.

Wiremu2011
29th April 2011, 00:08
Someone Silver guru on Alex Jones earlier this year expects or predicts Silver to hit US$500 oz in the next 5 years, so to see it jump 37% is awesome. I'll be a somewhat happy man, if that occurs.

Warlock
14th May 2011, 19:02
The Roman Empire went from gold coins to tin coins.
We are doing the same thing.
If you can't buy gold, buy silver, and buy as much as you can.
One or two ounces every month or so is better than nothing.

Warlock