PDA

View Full Version : THE ROYAL family has pulled the plug on 'The Chaser's' royal wedding show...

jackovesk
27th April 2011, 07:43
THE ROYAL family has pulled the plug on The Chaser's live coverage of the royal wedding for ABC TV.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201104/r757859_6343602.jpg

The Chaser's Royal Wedding Commentary was due to air on ABC 2 from 7:00pm on Friday, offering viewers an alternative satirical take on wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton..

ABC TV was initially advised by the BBC and Associated Press Television News, there were no coverage restrictions that would prevent The Chaser's wedding commentary.

But new conditions of use issued by APTN state footage cannot be used "in any drama, comedy, satirical or similar entertainment program or content".

ABC TV director Kim Dalton says he is disappointed.

"The national broadcaster has acted in good faith in its negotiations around ABC 2's planned coverage with both the BBC and APTN," he said.

"We're surprised and disappointed at this very late stage to be informed that any satirical or comedic treatment of the marriage of Australia's future head of state has been banned."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/plug-pulled-on-the-chasers-royal-wedding-show/story-e6freq7o-1226045768071

Read more on the coverage at ABC News

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/27/3201554.htm

PS - See what Alex Jones has to say about the 'Disgusting House of Windsor' in another post I put up today...

Secrets Of The Royal Wedding...Exposed!

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?19255-Secrets-Of-The-Royal-Wedding...Exposed!

Fred259
27th April 2011, 09:23
Are you surprised about this Jackovesk? Any more of this nonsense could mean a gunboat being dispatched!

Lord Sidious
27th April 2011, 09:53
Are you surprised about this Jackovesk? Any more of this nonsense could mean a gunboat being dispatched!

Could they afford it? :p

Wiremu2011
27th April 2011, 10:06
As for the Chasers, after their dopey spin on dying kids, I just hope people will have nothing further to do with these clowns or rather tasteless idiots. They're just a total waste of space and quite frankly I hope they'd just go and crawl into a hole and never come back out.
They've done their dash and the sooner they just go away, all the better for everyone else.

Truthseeker85
27th April 2011, 10:35
As for the Chasers, after their dopey spin on dying kids, I just hope people will have nothing further to do with these clowns or rather tasteless idiots. They're just a total waste of space and quite frankly I hope they'd just go and crawl into a hole and never come back out.
They've done their dash and the sooner they just go away, all the better for everyone else.

Although this is the case, this yet another way these elite are controling the media.

jackovesk
27th April 2011, 10:38

No, Not at All...

Expected it really...Free Speech is dying a slow death all over the world..!

Fred259
27th April 2011, 10:56

Could they afford it? :p

Lol.. no probably not.

The last gunboat in Australian territorial waters got into a little difficulty around Lord Howe Island.

The captain had left ship by helicopter to take afternoon tea with the governor of Lord Howe Island. In this absence the local watch managed to steer HMS Nottingham onto the only known rock in the vast southern ocean. This caused some amusement amongst Australians, and acute embarrassment in Whitehall.

The ships Captain suffered the embarrassment of returning the vessel entrusted to him like this.

A meeting was called. This would have been a meeting without coffee or biscuits,while the captain provided an explanation of events.

Later on BBC Radio 5 he said;

“This is the sort of thing that happens while driving and your wife has the map”

PS. On a more serious note, they were in real danger of loosing the ship. The Australian air force dropped in pumps and equipment. Later it was found that all the men’s kit had been ruined by oils and fuel, and again the air force dropped in fresh uniforms for the *Jacks and Jennies. However the uniforms were not Royal Navy standard issues and this caused yet further embarrassment.

*( Jacks- “Jacktars”, Jennies the female equivalent according to old royal naval tradition)

Lily de Cuir
27th April 2011, 11:51
Hello Everyone,

The Oz 'Chaser's' have been cancelled by royal decree...

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/palace-gags-the-chasers-take-on-royal-wedding-20110427-1dwg0.html

What a cack...

Cheers,
Lily:p

Humble Janitor
27th April 2011, 12:00
Can I issue a decree calling for the British royal family to stuff their crumpets back up their arses?

Lily de Cuir
27th April 2011, 12:09
Hi again,

Have to mention, that I've just remembered driving through the streets of London at 3am before the wedding of Diana and
Charles, seeing the streets layered with bunting, after a 6 month trip in Europe, travelling in a Kombi Van. (1981 I think?).

Cheers,
Lily

Wiremu2011
27th April 2011, 12:19
Hello Everyone,

The Oz 'Chaser's' have been cancelled by royal decree...

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/palace-gags-the-chasers-take-on-royal-wedding-20110427-1dwg0.html

What a cack...

Cheers,
Lily:p

I don't why these idiots (The Chasers) are any getting any space in here if they thought taking the piss out of dying kids was was suppose to be funny...:(

jackovesk
27th April 2011, 15:08
The Australian Newspaper Poll Results:

Royals announce wedding bans

The Royal family has prohibited satirical coverage of Will and Kate's wedding, forcing the ABC to axe The Chaser's commentary, scheduled to run on ABC2 on Friday. The ban is:

Top notch thinking. About time someone closed those Chaser guys down.
27.54% (38 votes)

Poor form. Since when do the royals get to hobble free speech in our democracy?
57.97% (80 votes)

Irrelevant. Just like the monarchy.
14.49% (20 votes)

Total votes so far: 138

The Chaser's Julian Morrow said: “The Chaser team accepts that the ABC has been put in an impossible position by people acting on behalf of the royal family.

“For a monarchy to be issuing decrees about how the media should cover them seems quite out of keeping with modern democratic times .... but I suppose that's exactly what the monarchy is."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/abcs-chaser-wedding-coverage-gagged-by-buckingham-palace/story-e6frg8mf-1226045765638

Fred259
27th April 2011, 19:48
The Australian Newspaper Poll Results:

The Royal family has prohibited satirical coverage of Will and Kate's wedding, forcing the ABC to axe The Chaser's commentary, scheduled to run on ABC2 on Friday. The ban is:

27.54% (38 votes)

57.97% (80 votes)

14.49% (20 votes)

Total votes so far: 138

The Chaser's Julian Morrow said: “The Chaser team accepts that the ABC has been put in an impossible position by people acting on behalf of the royal family.

“For a monarchy to be issuing decrees about how the media should cover them seems quite out of keeping with modern democratic times .... but I suppose that's exactly what the monarchy is."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/abcs-chaser-wedding-coverage-gagged-by-buckingham-palace/story-e6frg8mf-1226045765638

Jacko… check your figures,……… something must be wrong, the very latest poll for Channel 4 news at 19.00 tonight reports 75% of the British public support the royal family so your 57.97% figure must be wrong. I think you may have the figure upside down which is understandable, should it not be 79.75%, they are after all your royal family as well aren’t they aren’t they not.

Nothing further to report, other than the wife has sent an e mail to the school saying “No hand soap in the girl’s toilets since mid February”! so you see hard time have arrived….

PS the Royal family don’t do toilets, lavatories only please. Toilet’s only exist in aircrafts cabins where the brides mother once worked as a flight attendant. Appallingly snobby elements within the “royal brat pack” hate her and refer to Catherine’s mother as “doors to manual” It’s disgraceful isn’t it.

giovonni
27th April 2011, 22:17
remember the spirit of 2012! Change!!!

jackovesk
28th April 2011, 07:47
Latest Poll Update: The Australian Newspaper Poll Results:

28.88% (67 votes)

55.17%%(128 votes)

15.95% (37 votes)

Total votes so far: 232

Jacko… check your figures,……… something must be wrong, the very latest poll for Channel 4 news at 19.00 tonight reports 75% of the British public support the royal family so your 57.97% figure must be wrong. I think you may have the figure upside down which is understandable, should it not be 79.75%, they are after all your royal family as well aren’t they aren’t they not.

Firstly, The above Upate Poll 5.09pm (EST) was taken from an Australian Newspaper, not British!

Secondly, here are some of the comments made by some Australians...If you care to read them

Lu Lu of Sydney Posted at 7:32 AM Today
Bring on a republic

Polly Posted at 2:12 AM Today
Looks like a few upset pommies here. Maureen Rae of South Coast, it sounds like you have tickets on yourself, much like the socalled "royals." The great thing about being Australian is that we do not take ourselves too seriously.

Shaun P Posted at 10:51 PM April 27, 2011
An unacceptable move against our freedom of speech by the crown. Like or loath the Chaser crew, this crosses the line and belongs in past centurys.

Thirdly, We Aussies don't really care much for the British Servants and their German Royal Family of Parasites and never have!

I personally am extremely proud of our 'Convict Heritage' and how we have built our Nation up over the last 200 years, without any help only hinderance from the Germanic Royals!

http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/photos/thumb_small/1294/1294,1288738658,2.jpg

So their you go Fred259, put that in your Pompus British pipe and Smoke it..!

:smokin: :lol: