PDA

View Full Version : Census response

DevilPigeon
27th April 2011, 15:59
-----

My response to the 2011 UK Census. A bit late in the day, but hey ho. :) Apologies for the odd aspect ratio, was the way I was holding the phone :eyebrows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxe0aBZeDw

HURRITT ENYETO
27th April 2011, 16:06
I'm shocked Devil Pigeon,
Don't you know the Government is your 'friend' LOL
Expect a visit from the bespectacled census lady :)

DevilPigeon
27th April 2011, 16:17
I'm shocked Devil Pigeon,
Don't you know the Government is your 'friend' LOL
Expect a visit from the bespectacled census lady :)

Lol, yeah... It's easy to tell if a politician is lying or not, their lips move!

And I've had 2 visits already, I didn't answer the door :)

SteveX
27th April 2011, 16:28
I think you have a point about the thing saying "by Law" but didn't mention which one exactly.

DevilPigeon
27th April 2011, 16:32
I think you have a point about the thing saying "by Law" but didn't mention which one exactly.

I'm unsure myself, all that was said within the video was an overview, it seems to be a very very deep dark hole...! Lots of avenues to explore, very exciting. :)

Fred259
27th April 2011, 16:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z54-QHEZN6E

Two visit’s from Census snoopers!

Good on you Pidg

mondaze
27th April 2011, 16:54
bravo you devil...i bottled it and told them i was sleeping in the car all night.

K626
27th April 2011, 16:56
-----

My response to the 2011 UK Census. A bit late in the day, but hey ho. :) Apologies for the odd aspect ratio, was the way I was holding the phone :eyebrows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxe0aBZeDw

Gold dust mate.

And well thought through.

cheers

K

SteveX
27th April 2011, 16:57

I'm unsure myself, all that was said within the video was an overview, it seems to be a very very deep dark hole...! Lots of avenues to explore, very exciting. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a law that said if you put "by law" that you have to name the law and codes. I know this example i'm about to twitter on about stretches the example but you'll get the drift.

You know double yellow lines on the road = no parking. A geezer got a ticket for parking on double yellow lines but contested it and won. The reason being that the double yellows were not finished at each end with a vertical line from the curb. There's a law that says that's how it should be done... so the lines are not valid. :)

K626
27th April 2011, 16:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z54-QHEZN6E

Two visit’s from Census snoopers!

Good on you Pidg

Thought you might have introduced them to your cellar...lol.

cheers

K

DevilPigeon
27th April 2011, 17:04
bravo you devil...i bottled it and told them i was sleeping in the car all night.

I almost bottled it myself...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Gold dust mate.

And well thought through.

cheers

K

Thanks K, we'll see what happens next...! :)

fopa
27th April 2011, 17:19
Well in, i wasnt going to fill mine out either. But once i had looked over it i thought my information was already freely available publically, so i did the deed and filled it out. Although i did ensure i went outside of every single box, so it could not be scanned correctly.

DevilPigeon
27th April 2011, 19:13
Well in, i wasnt going to fill mine out either. But once i had looked over it i thought my information was already freely available publically, so i did the deed and filled it out. Although i did ensure i went outside of every single box, so it could not be scanned correctly.

I think you're right, all the information is available anyway, just dispersed in many places. Lord Sidious on a previous thread made a good point, in that this seems to be for the benefit of a "stock take", and if it is well I think it's taking the p*** somewhat that we're expected to spoon feed that information to them ourselves!

I suspect that this is a legal way of getting certain information all in one place, saves whoever wants it having to apply to many government departments & piecing it all together from many different sources.

I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't a well known "defence" contractor that was running the show. I mean - WTF???? There has to be a benefit to them, they don't do stuff like this if they can't make damn good use of the information.