PDA

View Full Version : Assemblage Point

Fred Steeves
27th April 2011, 20:03
Although the authenticity of the experiences written of by Carlos Castaneda is debatable, from personal experience one of the main things he discusses, the movement of one's assemblage point to see things differently, may just be the case. While he mostly describes it's movement being from a physical blow, it seems it can also dislodge from it's usual set position from a psychological blow, so to speak.

I recently re-read "The Fire From Within", and it got me to thinking that's what may have happened to me and many others who suddenly begin their "awakening" after a given event so rocks their limited mental construct of reality that it can indeed induce this shift, and the world can never be viewed through the old perception again.

Also just for arguement's sake, if this were the case, would the phenomena be merely random, or pre-planned? Hmmm.

I've been pondering this for a few weeks, and it finally just now occured to me that this is just the place to bounce these thoughts around.

Would love your insights on this.

Cheers,
Fred S.

happyexpat
27th April 2011, 20:13
You can adjust someone's assemblage point VERY easily with dowsing. Just use a balance chart (-10 to +10) and check where it is, left/right and up/down. Haven't done it for a while, but there is an order you are supposed to do it in... Anyhow, spin the pendulum the appropriate direction to bring it to zero in both instances, then right spin a memory program to hold it in the correct place for the highest good.

Various people I have done it for have said they felt better afterwards. It has been interesting though... I've done it for people at bedtime and then ended up being awake most of the night and full of energy, and done it for people in the daytime, who ended up passing out for the rest of the day. I probably should've paid more attention to where it was before it was realigned because that probably caused the high energy or sleepiness. Everyone reported feeling much better and such, but it seems to need to be readjusted every so often. Most likely because of something in the energy field that needs to be dealt with and moving the assemblage point treats the symptom and not the cause.

Have fun with it. Don't waste debt notes on a seminar to learn how to do it.

johnf
27th April 2011, 20:42
I have read and reread a lot of Casteneda's books. I believe that he did have at the least an internal teacher, as well as access to a lot of shamanistic studies as well as actual meso-american and south american shamans. He was after all an anthropologist of high caliber.
There are shifts that can bring relief ,and thier are shifts that can reset ones entire view of life. They probably exist in all thought systems to some extent or other.
The zen master seems to do just this when working with his apprentices. Sometimes reading this forum , and to a greater extent posting on it results in shifts.
From memory, I think it is supposed to be outside the body to the right of the liver? Correct me if I am wrong.

Nairnia
27th April 2011, 21:09
Hi Fred, I was taught to find it during meditation, its difficult to describe but its like going into another room. I know nothing of Castaneda so I cant comment on his thoughts/opinion. It does shift your perception and with practice its quite easy to induce.

Fred Steeves
27th April 2011, 21:39
Maybe I need to clarify more. What I'm talking about is the possibility that the assemblage point is sometimes forced out of it's fixed position because of a psychological blow, never to return, allowing the person a golden opportunity to discover a perception of reality not possible before. I propose that the trick would be, because it was unexpected, to learn to accept and roll with this new perception before being destroyed by a lack of understanding of it.

Cheers,
Fred S.

Hervé
27th April 2011, 22:19
For those of us who need a "Primer" on these things, here is a start-up site:

http://whale.to/b/ap.html

Site index: http://whale.to/

TWINCANS
27th April 2011, 22:22
I don't know if this is relevant and it is an example of a not-so-intended shift caused by a blow to the head. A friend of mine's husband was a serious motorbike rider - #2 on some semipro circuit I think. Anyways at the ripe old age of 39yrs or thereabouts he decided that he should retire. One slow reaction and serious problems could occur he said. So he did. A few weeks later he bought a mountain bike and went for a ride with a friend, flipped over the handle bars and landed on his head on a rock. Go figure.
Here's the story. This guy was a party animal, creative and very talented. Though he had had no formal education he had worked his way up in advertising agencies and became a very successful Sr Art Director (many ad awards etc.) Then he went to a major city newspaper and had a huge staff, many awards etc there too. After the fall the drs said he had bruised his brain due to trauma of it hitting the inner cavity. His whole personality started to change, very quiet and fussy and formal. I kept getting for his wife to get him to undertake colour therapy but she thought I was nuts. Shortly thereafter he slotted into this 'new' personality, quit his job and enrolled in university as an archaelogy student. Last I heard he was going for his Phd and later they split up.
But what I understod about it all was that he had reverted back to a past life personna that he had lived often before, one that he had intended to outgrow in this life. It was not good to limit himself to repeating this kind of perspective on living. It would halt his 'soul' development for a better term. This was obviously an accident but it is a window on consciousness shifts of a type.
And maybe it also works in reverse. When a quantum shift in perspective occurs that we take as an expansion, maybe it's us reconnecting to a part of ourselves that we did actually intend to bring into this lifetime.

sheddie
27th April 2011, 22:34
Hi Fred

From my understanding of the Assemblage Point it is possible to have a shift due to shock etc, which could result in a change of perception, mood etc. and repositioning it into its optimum position brings you back into mental and emotional balance; so could it be that something caused your Assemblage Point to reposition back into it's rightful place?

For me the AP (Assemblage Point) has some similarities to a Shamanic Soul Loss/Retrieval. The AP being a physical indication that things are out of sync, and repositioning it could cause a dramatic change in your life, unlocking hidden desires, potential and lifting depression...

The following website has some useful information and explains how to locate your Assemblage Point, how to reposition it etc

http://www.whalemedical.com/cd1.html

update to say just noticed that while I was typing someone else has already posted above link.....great minds think alike :o

hope it helps

much love x

Shezbeth
28th April 2011, 08:10
Some of this is correct, and some of it is not. ^_^

Fred Steeves
28th April 2011, 09:42
Hi Fred

From my understanding of the Assemblage Point it is possible to have a shift due to shock etc, which could result in a change of perception, mood etc. and repositioning it into its optimum position brings you back into mental and emotional balance; so could it be that something caused your Assemblage Point to reposition back into it's rightful place?

Hi sheddie, I checked out the website you listed, this is a take on the AP I've not encountered before. Very interesting, thanks. Just for the record, I was always a "normal" healthy person before the shift, so I question if there even is a rightful place. Different places makes more sense, to me anyway. 9/11 would be a good example, it was very traumatic, but it also was instrumental in jolting a lot of people to see things very differently, which is obviously a good thing. That's why I question the rightful place.

Then again, for all I know the AP doesn't exist, I'm winding me way through the mine field of B.S. just like the rest of yas.:confused:

Cheers,
Fred S.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Fred Steeves
28th April 2011, 09:45
Come of this is correct, and some of it is not. ^_^

Come on now Shezbeth, whatcha got for us, don't be coy.

Cheers,
Fred S.

Shezbeth
28th April 2011, 20:32
Sorry, typo.

Coy?

Nice try, but you're not using the word correctly. You requested insight, and I gave it.

All I see are statements. Perhaps you should be asking questions?

^_^

Addendum - Initially, the assemblage point occupies a 'dormant' position. It can be and is diverged from this position by a variety of methods and causes including but not limited to those mentioned.