PDA

View Full Version : Discovering your past, and knowing why you are here.

Peace of Mind
6th May 2010, 19:53
Hi everyone,

First let me say that I知 still on the fence about past lives and reincarnation, but I知 open minded to many of the theories.
This was discussed in PA1 http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20770

The other day someone showed me a site that claims to predict your past life, and what you are here in this life to do. I found it interesting and somewhat accurate, not to mention funas I tested it on many of my friends and family members.

I知 not saying its official, I just would like to see what you guys think of it, especially the people who knows something about their past life. All you have to do is put in your birthdaythe results might hold some valuable insight

Here you go, http://www.thebigview.com/pastlife/

This is what it had to say about me...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were a male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Scotland around the year 1475. Your profession was that of a artist, magician or fortune teller.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
As a natural talent in psychology, you knew how to use your opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere, and your task is to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.

:ranger: hmmm
Peace

morguana
8th May 2010, 13:02
i was shot in the back in france and died in late 1940's, was a woman in the resistance movement and was running from some people, fell into a load of dead bodies. this came in a dream when i was about 7, so this is inaccurate, but fun anyway

Your past life diagnosis: I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Egypt around the year 700. Your profession was that of a builder of houses, temples and cathedrals. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Ruthless character, carefully weighing his decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Such people are generally liked, but not always loved. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins. Do you remember now?

Snowbird
8th May 2010, 13:33
I have never investigated my past lives, so this could be accurate...I will say, however, that the lessen in this life is really quite accurate.

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Southern England around the year 1650. Your profession was that of a handicraftsman or mechanic.

Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to future.

Your lesson is to develop a kind attitude towards people, and to acquire the gift of understanding and compassion.

LeeEllisMusic
8th May 2010, 13:37
The only part I resonate with is the disclaimer on the front page :

"It is up to you how you interpret the information given by this program; however, you should know that this software is only slightly more sophisticated than an electronic fortune cookie."

LOL Thanks for the laugh :)

LeeEllisMusic
8th May 2010, 13:50
Though to be completely fair, if it gives everyone a positive and inspirational motivation/ lesson for THIS particular lifetime, then - to quote Martha Stewart:
"It's a good thing"
:kiss:

Victoria Tintagel
8th May 2010, 16:34
Hi Peace of Mind! It's a tricky subject, this past life issue, although it's also a bit in the giggling department, with gypsy woman fantasies, the smell of incense and a crystal ball.
What I have learnt about past lives, by having "aura readings", is that the information is useful when it's connected to the phase and situation in your life, at that moment. When something with great impact happens, by example, where emotions are overwhelming or a relationship is very disturbing. Or when patterns form in repetition of events that trigger an issue, that calls for "help" so to speak, internally. A reading can be a great support to recognise pieces of the puzzle you are in. Even to be able to put them in the right place......(:
When you can resonate with what is told, it has meaning, hearing bits and pieces of information at random is only confusing and not to the point. It's fun to play the fortune teller, as a game, not of the past but of the future. How about that?

xbusymom
9th May 2010, 05:17
actually, my lesson this time around is to work on strengthening personal boundaries (stop being a doormat) and I had 4 incarnations that I failed in that lesson- the last one was sometime in the victorian era-mid 1800's (as a women)

so- yep, mine was way off base too, but interesting to see what it came up with...

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Wales around the year 1550. Your profession was that of a chemist, alchemist or poison manufacturer. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret. Do you remember now?

Southsea
9th May 2010, 22:07
Oceania..... the perfect place for a Cancerian

Your past life diagnosis: I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Oceania around the year 1325. Your profession was that of a jeweler or watch-maker. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Such people are always involved with all new. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to learn discretion and moderation and then to teach others to do the same. Your life will be happier if you help those who lack reasoning. Do you remember now?

MorningSong
9th May 2010, 23:04
Wow! That's pretty cool!

Here's what it told me:

don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern West Africa around the year 1825. Your profession was that of a medic, surgeon or herbalist. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Ruthless character, carefully weighing his decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Such people are generally liked, but not always loved. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.

Nagual
10th May 2010, 06:25
got this:

in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern USA North-West around the year 1700.

but i know for sure in my last incarnation I was born in Portugal in the year 1814...:p

lunaflare
10th May 2010, 06:38
this is the most ridiculous site!
at least it made me laugh aloud
i am supposing that everyone born on the same day and the same year, has the same past life?
at least you get to eat the fortune cookie....

Peace of Mind
10th May 2010, 18:29
Yeah^^, I think so too, but some of the results are a bit more than coincidences. For instance, my son壮 reading said he was from Thailand, he does have some Asian eyes with a slight asian accent plus many people thinks he痴 half Asian, but he痴 not. And, mines talked about my fascinations and dealings in the arts, and my shynessall which seems to be accurate. But make no mistake; I知 not convinced either way.

The people with the same birthdays might very well have the same attributes and be from the same region and time and they also must work on the same psychological problems. That痴 really not too hard for me to believe. We all are probably born on certain days for a reason. Well, it was fun. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Peace

lilac
10th May 2010, 21:22
Peace,
Here's mine:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Scotland around the year 1525. Your profession was that of a seaman, dealer, businessman or broker. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
As a natural talent in psychology, you knew how to use your opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere, and your task is to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.

....a little sceptical, I must say:drag:

Swanny
10th May 2010, 22:05
I got the same as Morguana :)

Your past life diagnosis: I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Egypt around the year 1100. Your profession was that of a builder of houses, temples and cathedrals. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Your lesson is to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins. Do you remember now?
We must have worked on the same building site. :peep:

Perplex
11th May 2010, 04:15
Indeed , quite a laugh, the web site.

I've read the source code and its algorithm is created absolutely random, giving you a birth place, a year, etc. according to a weekly count ( eg. if you are born 0-3rd day of some month there is one place, if you are born 4-10th day of some month there is another and so on and so forth ). So for anyone who is ready to believe whatever is written there , please do think again :) . Nevertheless, if you are certain it is your higher self that guides you towards believing it, I encourage you to do it !
So much for my opinion.

Here's what it told me :)

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Mongolia around the year 1525. Your profession was that of a entertainer, musician, poet or temple-dancer. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
You were a sane, practical person, a materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weaker and the poor. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.

But still, I heard a few of you talking with certainty about your past lives, and current lessons . May I ask how you found out/ came in contact with that type of info and what made you so sure of it ?

Love and Peace,
Rares

truthseekerdan
11th May 2010, 05:37
This is what I got, and I do know that my past life place is actually accurate... hmmm :confused:

Your past life diagnosis: I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern North India around the year 1150.
Your profession was that of a writer, dramatist or organizer of rituals. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
You had the mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Your environment often misunderstood you, but respected your knowledge.
Your lesson is to study, to practice and to use the wisdom that lies within the psychological sciences and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in your present life. Do you remember now?

annemirri
11th May 2010, 13:37
i was shot in the back in france and died in late 1940's,
was a woman in the resistance movement....
this came in a dream when i was about 7,...

Perhaps, it is time to take your "dream" more seriously, to give it some consideration.

You changed your profile/ avatarphoto a few weeks ago, why ?
it seems that something from that french life is coming up, as in that new photo you look very much as you looked back in 1930-40's, the hair, the determined fearless look in your face, sensitive intelligent eyes...black pullover...

Perhaps there is a new war coming, a spiritual one., and you will need some of the same qualities that you had back then.

a.

annemirri
11th May 2010, 13:56
The people with the same birthdays might very well have the same attributes and be from the same region and time and they also must work on the same psychological problems.

They do, they do.

I have met many people sharing the same birthday, if not birthdate,
and having same kind of "agenda" in this life.

(one example,
before marrying my (now ex-)husband, I told him that he should marry my best friend born 30th of December instead of me as that union would last...so, I was right, as after our divorce he found another woman born on 30th of December, and they have been happy together over eight years.)
a.

xbusymom
11th May 2010, 15:04
But still, I heard a few of you talking with certainty about your past lives, and current lessons . May I ask how you found out/ came in contact with that type of info and what made you so sure of it ?

I got my information from my Higher guide- I had asked to be shown why I was having such a bad time in the marriage, (even though I was willing to change to be whatever my husband wanted me to be)... and what came to me in my meditation (kind of like a time-travel movie) was 2 lifetimes with him- 1 as an older brother and 1 as his wife- where I had sacrificed my goals to 'take care of' him (which is one of his favorite phrases he used for manipulation/excuse) and 2 separate lifetimes as women - 1 as a nun and 1 as a hooker - to show that I was not just dealing with 'him' but was actually trying to learn how to balance the personal boundaries issue

and the reason I believe it to be true ... is because I end up attracting the same issues with every other type of relationship in my life for the past 20+ years (friends, jobs, charity works, lending items, team projects, etc) -and am learning how not to be at either end of the selfish/giving ranges but to find middle ground.

Perplex
11th May 2010, 15:57
I got my information from my Higher guide- I had asked to be shown why I was having such a bad time in the marriage, (even though I was willing to change to be whatever my husband wanted me to be)... and what came to me in my meditation (kind of like a time-travel movie) was 2 lifetimes with him- 1 as an older brother and 1 as his wife- where I had sacrificed my goals to 'take care of' him (which is one of his favorite phrases he used for manipulation/excuse) and 2 separate lifetimes as women - 1 as a nun and 1 as a hooker - to show that I was not just dealing with 'him' but was actually trying to learn how to balance the personal boundaries issue

and the reason I believe it to be true ... is because I end up attracting the same issues with every other type of relationship in my life for the past 20+ years (friends, jobs, charity works, lending items, team projects, etc) -and am learning how not to be at either end of the selfish/giving ranges but to find middle ground.

I see. Well, in my opinion, whatever you believe/ are certain is Higher guidance should always be taken in consideration.
What you said sounds pretty much like it makes sense for me , but nevertheless you know best !
So, I wish you to fulfill your lesson and overcome whatever you perceive as "issue" / "problem" , that you may enjoy infinite abundance and happiness :)

with all the Love and Peace,
Rares

kriya
11th May 2010, 16:52
Your past life diagnosis: I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Borneo around the year 575. Your profession was that of a librarian, priest or keeper of tribal relics. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to future. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to develop a kind attitude towards people, and to acquire the gift of understanding and compassion. Do you remember now?

lol !! Apparently, I haven't been here for 1500 years.

Love,

kriya

Swanny
11th May 2010, 17:06
What have you been up to then?? :p

Gita
11th May 2010, 17:43
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern North Africa around the year 975. Your profession was that of a designer, engineer or craftsman.
Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to future.
Your lesson is to develop a kind attitude towards people, and to acquire the gift of understanding and compassion.
Do you remember now?

975 years and nothing's changed!:rolleyes:

Swami
11th May 2010, 18:31
What the machine brought:

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Southern England around the year 1500.
Your profession was that of a designer, engineer or craftsman.

Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to future. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:

Your lesson is to develop a kind attitude towards people, and to acquire the gift of understanding and compassion. Do you remember now?

What I know:

First incarnation in this cycle was in 265 AD. I see myself standing in the bottom of a tower toghether with my teacher/Master. We are brewing something in a big pot hanging above a fire on a tripod. Suddenly the door opens, a soldier walks in and slashes my head off with some kind of sword on a stick.....

Another one I recollect is one in Wales-Great Brittain. We were living in a cottage on a hill. In front of this house was an old, ancient, beautiful and very big tree. The floor of the house was paved with grey stones. It was a good live but we didn't have children. (I think my sons mom was my wife in that life, we met again in this life and now we have a son)

Last life I was a Romenean Gipsy. During worldwar 2, I was deported by the Russians to their labourcamps. I was murdered/shot in 1952 and fell into a massgrave. The place where the bullet hit me is a weak spot in this life.

I saw the energies of two foreign lives leave my body as two connected golden spheres. These were the lifes I was still connected to. I cut those two energies loose and let them go to where they belong.

I felt pretty weird for a month or so after I had done this. After that this lifes-energies filled in the empty spots.......

annemirri
11th May 2010, 23:26
But still, I heard a few of you talking with certainty about your past lives, and current lessons .

May I ask how you found out/ came in contact with that type of info and what made you so sure of it ?

I could tell you one and thousand more stories of my own and my children's pastlives,
but I am not that good at writing (and my children are already sleeping and not here checking my spelling...and my english.)

-
How I found out ?

The memories came out first as dreams, then visions, then I just remembered...

(and a few times my "guides" manifested in very physical ways in front of my eyes taking me to a journey through time and space to see my past and to understand why I am here now.)

-
What triggers me to remember ?

a photo, a visit to a place that I had been in my past life,
a meeting with a person that had connection to my pastlife...

or I just talk with my daughter after dinner...(laugh)

-
why I am sure ?

a person that I was married to in one of my past lives remembered some events same way as I did...

we had a lot of Native American Indian spirits in our house...( a couple of my new friends commented on that when visiting us the very first time without knowing about the past life connection.)

Once when I visited an " artist museum",
there was a very pretty young girl working as a receptionist, but I "saw" her wearing rococo clothes, and I got furious with her "you stupid girl..." as I remembered how she betrayed me.
The girl at the reception looked at me with a horror and she must have picked my energyfield, anger, as she got very bad migraine attack, she had to run to the bathroom to vomit.
When she came back I did some small talk with her like " strange how some places feel so familiar, like you had lived there before, perhaps in your pastlife" and she said
" I remember my past life in the court of Marie Antoinette". WOW!
I left, as the karma was cleared.

a.

Perplex
12th May 2010, 13:39
Fascinating.
I never actually insisted on knowing my past lives so didn't get much input on it either. Instead , since I was a child I constantly have strong deja-vus , some of which I attribute to past lives . ( places I visited only once in my life, photos, smells, some sounds etc )

Jacqui D
12th May 2010, 14:08
Your past life diagnosis:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Ireland around the year 850. Your profession was that of a seaman, cook or carpenter.
Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable to understand ancient books. With a magician's abilities, you could have been a servant of dark forces.
Your task is to learn, to love and to trust the universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect, and to develop inner wisdom.

Well a few things here i did connect with definitely not the part about "could be a servant of dark forces"
What i will say i have always known from a little girl that this was my first incarnation here on earth my past incarnations are all from the future!
The one i left to be here now was billions of years ahead of this time, although i chose to be in bodily form i was just energy i had no name i looked a little like a female Gandalph lol!! If that is possible to define ha ha!
I did choose to be here at this time.
The other life i remember was also in the future time line around 3,400 on that planet so not sure what the time line would be here, it was a beautiful place the planet was very colourful and bright. I had a family and stood as someone in an authorative position within the community, to describe how we lived it was basic like going back around 500 years on this earth, people were happy and we didn't have the pressures we have today.

Operator
12th May 2010, 14:19
The only part I resonate with is the disclaimer on the front page
"It is up to you how you interpret the information given by this program; however, you should know that this software is only slightly more sophisticated than an electronic fortune cookie."

Lee,

I think you're right ...
How can your past life be determined from a birthday alone ? ... everyone on that date must have had the same past life !?!
To go even further ... I tried several other dates (e.g. Obama is a few days younger than me :p) and the same result was shown ...

So no bases for any credibility I think !

Added:
However the Mayans believed that your birthday has meaning to what your purpose in this life is ...
So that can be related to karma from your past life of course ...