PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye and good luck to my friends

Icecold
2nd May 2011, 02:39
I’m taking Bill’s advice and moving on. He mentioned that members who fail to understand the complex meaning of Avalon and fail to resonate to its message should seek other homes. This is good advice.

I made a commitment last night that I would not mention my concerns regarding
The reasons for leaving. I’ve said enough on the topic and see no further point in pursuing this course.

I enjoyed my time here and made many friends, many of whom are now gone.
I will join them.

To the remaining members……enjoy the novelty and I hope you attain your desire to become closer to the universal consciousness.

Balance in all things is desireable and goal-worthy.

Please remember it is not you who are looking out into the consciousness, it is the universal oneness that is ever attempting to penetrate your imperfect senses….to get to know you in a way that you see and recognise its presence.

That is love.

p.s. Paul old son, would you please unsubscribe my profile. Thankyou.

edina
2nd May 2011, 02:42
Thanks Ice, many will miss you here, I am fortunate to know you elsewhere... happy travels :hug:

9eagle9
2nd May 2011, 02:47
PA is taking a BIG loss with your absence, IceCold. Rest assured we've enjoyed your time here too.....

Calz
2nd May 2011, 02:51
Ice,

You have made many contributions here (and will continue to do so elsewhere without doubt).

You backed up your opinions with great documentation and even if I didn't agree with you on a topic, the respect I had (have) for you would make me take a 2nd look so see if I was missing something important.

Cal

Dennis Leahy
2nd May 2011, 03:07
... I hope you attain your desire to become closer to the universal consciousness.

Please remember it is not you who are looking out into the consciousness, it is the universal oneness that is ever attempting to penetrate your imperfect senses….to get to know you in a way that you see and recognise its presence.

That is love.

Thanks for making a classy exit, Icecold. Your statement above should resonate with everyone.

Be well.

Dennis

Anchor
2nd May 2011, 05:53
Icecold,

I am genuinely sorry to see you go, but that was a nice post. You had some great and challenging views but I wont miss them because I am a member of other forums where I can still engage them.

Avalon!

What is going to be the end result? If you get rid of all the "checks" where do the "balances" go?

I think Avalon is still very much needed but a cross-roads is appearing in its path and personally I am surprised at the direction things are taking. Is the law of unintended consequence at play here? Is it time for a re-think?

For example over the past few days I have seen people "apologizing" for expressing what may be though by them as dissenting views. "Please don't ban me" etc. Whence from did this fear arise? How can fear be appropriate on this forum?

The other forums now become even more necessary because they are free to engage in a way that is pretty much seen by many as being denied here. The people leaving here are not the classic trolls or troublemakers in the old PA/PC sense of the word, they are part of what we were as a group. Some of those people were once entrusted with the running of this very forum.

We need to learn to live together. Change is inevitable, but that change will happen in a way that you may not have foreseen - and I think a tipping point has nearly been reached.

One consequence is that one finds that to mitigate this new modes of operation are needed which almost necessitate being members of both places now. You cant control this. It is a pain to do. Posts now have to be cut and past so that the frank exchange of views can be had. Those other forums have a different character, but it is appears similar to the spirit of things that was evident in the hey-day of the original PA/PC forum (subscription free) - no one really suffers - or do they?

Despite it simply being inefficient - how does it further the collaborative mission of Avalon?

Avalon, don't you see how this can work out? Let me tell you that I think it actually presents a possibility that was unforeseen in times past - one in which Avalon looses its collaborative "group-soul" to another forum, leaving an empty mechanical shell of a forum - perfectly orderly, but predictable and uninspired. Is that what you want? For that "group soul" may just decide leave and "walk-in" to another forum where it finds more suitable focus and forum-expression - crossing the very bridge that was made by recent changes made here?

Maybe that process has already started.

Are we really not endowed with the flexibility and tolerance required to keep afloat? Can the majority of us grow together or do we all really have to split up?

I know that some of us will part and have done, but it seems so unnecessary in the larger scheme, where we still have forums and common words.

What I would like to see is the differences worked out and then a rejoining of sorts.

One can dream!

John..

PS: Feeling a bit gutted at the moment but there is always hope.

sandy
2nd May 2011, 06:05
Icecold.

Your insight, wisdom, discernment, and genuine love for the well being of all, will be greatly missed here on Avalon. However I will not miss out as I hope to continue gaining in my knowledge and enlightenment from your perspective on things, thus I will see you on the Upside.

Siberia9
2nd May 2011, 06:21
I dont know man, it does'nt have to be a big soap opera, its just a forum. if you go to a pub and have a beer and decide the vibe is not for you, you can just go on down the street, no big deal. Remember, as long as you dont get kicked out of the pub for acting the fool you can always come back tomorrow.:cool:

ViralSpiral
2nd May 2011, 06:27
http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/c/crying_into_a_tissue-1331.gif

Be well Ice. It's been a pleasure and privilege,and as Sandy says: au revoir

Moonwish
2nd May 2011, 07:39
I’m taking Bill’s advice and moving on. He mentioned that members who fail to understand the complex meaning of Avalon and fail to resonate to its message should seek other homes. This is good advice.

I made a commitment last night that I would not mention my concerns regarding
The reasons for leaving. I’ve said enough on the topic and see no further point in pursuing this course.

I enjoyed my time here and made many friends, many of whom are now gone.
I will join them.

To the remaining members……enjoy the novelty and I hope you attain your desire to become closer to the universal consciousness.

That is love.

p.s. Paul old son, would you please unsubscribe my profile. Thankyou.

Dear Icecold;

I have very much enjoyed and benefited from your insight. I will continue to listen to to what you say, as it is clear you are both aware and intelligent.

Your idea of gaining from "novelty" is somewhat patronizing in what is otherwise a very generous and wise post. Couldin't resist that last lick, I suppose. Understandable, but I think we need to remember what this forum has meant in the past. It was the place to go to find out. I think, and hope, it will be that way again. We all need Camelot / Avalon, even if it is a silly place not peopled by Bryan Ferry.

I see your clear message about moving on, to Nexus I assume. OK, but let's all keep talking. That's the important thing.

andrewgreen
2nd May 2011, 07:52
Thanks for your insightful but sometimes icecold comments :)

crosby
2nd May 2011, 08:05
Icecold, you will be missed. your messages to us were always filled with excellent insight and wisdom. i will miss your candor as well.
warmest regards, corson

sepia
2nd May 2011, 08:09
Another important voice missing here...

bennycog
2nd May 2011, 08:11
Not going to thank your post because i am not wanting to see you go.. And hope to run into you in this or some other future.. seeyoumate

Lily de Cuir
2nd May 2011, 09:07
Dear Icecold,

Very sad this see this post, but I'm not surprised. I for one will miss your towering intellect, integrity, candour and courage in the great Aussie style of not giving a sh!t what anyone else thinks.

You will be missed by all in your challenging of people's opinions. I liked your style.

For everyone else reading this, I 'met' Ice many years previously in the cyber world before I 'woke up'. We only recently realised the connection again. Strange and great synchronicity, care of this forum.

I had a feeling you had moved on, Ice. Knowing you were banned for a week, I went looking for some posts or comments by you the last few days and found none. Realised then you had decided to move on.

You will be missed my friend. All the best in the future.

Love Lily
x

HURRITT ENYETO
2nd May 2011, 09:17
I dont know man, it does'nt have to be a big soap opera, its just a forum. if you go to a pub and have a beer and decide the vibe is not for you, you can just go on down the street, no big deal. Remember, as long as you dont get kicked out of the pub for acting the fool you can always come back tomorrow.:cool:

Yes but if you frequent that pub for several months, make lots of friends there and drink 1370 pints as Icecold did its a bit more than that.
No disrespect meant.

bashi
2nd May 2011, 09:20
Hi Icecold,
i can not call you a friend, but a worthy opponent who gave me some hard times. That battle-thrill will surely be missed.
Farewell in more calmer snowstorms...

Lettherebelight
2nd May 2011, 09:27

..........NNOOOOoooooooo!! :faint:

Oh... Okay then, it is a loss to this forum, but I will continue to look forward to your valuable insights over on Nexus! :thumb:

Vraja

Thanks for letting us know.. :)

Fred259
2nd May 2011, 09:29
Man Down....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMLqy1yZ8mE

But not out.........

Cheers Ice.

2nd May 2011, 09:36

^This^

Gonna miss you.

kersley
2nd May 2011, 09:46
I'm asking you to stay. We have so much more to share and enjoy. from the heart.

Mad Hatter
2nd May 2011, 09:54
From one ozzie to another BUGGER !!! Stay safe mate...

mondaze
2nd May 2011, 09:58
i do not necessarily agree with everything you post but i enjoyed the intellectual stimulus... you will be missed here as others that went before you. see you on the other side.

Gardener
2nd May 2011, 10:06
Sad, I understand though.

Gaia
2nd May 2011, 10:27
I strongly feel that you have a lot to bring to this planet and your fellow human beings. I know nothing will stop you and I do smile:)

Ella
2nd May 2011, 10:35
As someone who appreciates people who can show all sides of a stone, i will miss your posts. I have always had a huge respect for your posts, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. I understand that you will be missed here, especially by your friends, but you will also be missed by those of us who do not have the tools to turn the stones and dig deep into the moss growing on them.

Respectfully,
Ella.

Amenjo
2nd May 2011, 10:46
Sorry to here of your departure, you will be surely missed.

Good luck on your path, and I hope our paths cross again in the future.

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

Martin
2nd May 2011, 11:17
Avalon probably won't be a better place without you, but if a shoe doesn't fit than don't wear him any longer and maybe our foots grow with the larger steps we take. Somehow I can feel a little nipping myself, but I tend to wear my things till they basically fall apart. ^^ Be well Ice.

Martin

Lord Sidious
2nd May 2011, 11:51

^This^

Gonna miss you.

Buy a better telescopic sight.
You will never miss anyone again.
Worked for me. :p

2nd May 2011, 12:01

^This^

Gonna miss you.

Buy a better telescopic sight.
You will never miss anyone again.
Worked for me. :p

Aaaahhahahaha nice one! Not sure I have enough imperial credits for that though........

benevolentcrow
2nd May 2011, 12:24
How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf...

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." -Rudyard Kipling

Donna O
2nd May 2011, 12:27
deleted as this was a bad temper posting. sorry :madgrin:

loveandgratitude
2nd May 2011, 12:51
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

TigerLilly
2nd May 2011, 14:11
Leelah, in my opinion you are way out of line saying this,
"Tell you what Ice, give up all of your possessions, property, anywhere you call home and get on the road seeking the truth without remuneration, risk your life by being on the front line and speaking out and then – only then – might I care about your presence here – or not !"

You have no idea what this man has or has not done. People like him are the reason many of us joined this forum. He has freely and kindly shared his knowledge, research and wisdom. He is one is the natural teachers and guiding lights at Avalon, and when people like Icecold decide to leave for Nexus we must acknowledge that something is very wrong.

One only has to read the other posts on this thread to see how much Icecold will be missed.
I am very glad that I am amongst his friends at Nexus.

Mad Hatter
2nd May 2011, 14:28
Tell you what Ice, give up all of your possessions, property, anywhere you call home and get on the road seeking the truth without remuneration, risk your life by being on the front line and speaking out and then – only then – might I care about your presence here – or not !

Until then, carry on your vitriol at the more appropriate venue that Richard and Celine have provided for you and your friends as a stage to bring down Avalon. Delusions of grandeur abound there and you should fit right in (not directed at all Nexus members – you know who you are).

Side note: You probably didn’t deserve this response as an individual, but sometimes enough is enough and someone has to take the punches, I know you are ‘hard enough’ old chap!!

With respect

1) I don't know the history between you and Icecold and I don't particularly need to.
2) Is this post of yours an example of the standards you expect to see at avalon?
3) On the thread on Integrity you said "Now, there are ways to disagree with a person’s values and actions without resorting to downright slander and attack and this I have seen with my own eyes."
3) Do you not see the hypocrisy in this exchange?
4) What happened to take what resonates and leave what doesn't?
5) Should you not have taken your own vitriolic outburst over to Nexus since that is where you seem to believe such behaviour belongs.
6) If I have misinterpreted what is in fact friendly banter between old friends then I apologise profusely for not reading it that way.
7) Feel free to punch away since as a big boy I give as good as I get....

Namaste

Lettherebelight
2nd May 2011, 14:47
I agree with Tiger Lily.

Leelah, a poor fund of knowledge was displayed on that comment, although you are probably right in that your post won't bother him. I would like to point out the title of the thread is directed to Icecold's friends.

Any 'vitriole' dished out by IceCold was given in a mood of instruction, sharing of understanding, from a vast knowledge base. It may have been served with a few chillis...fair to say IceCold does not suffer fools gladly. I think that's a good thing.
Like Shiva...easily angered, easily appeased. We don't all have to have the same kind of personality. Viva le difference!

The time to comment on any posts you don't agree with, is at the point of post.

Don't worry about replying, I know you understand. From your posts, I can tell you are an intelligent person. So no worries and wish you well. :)

Just a desire to defend the integrity of a learned scholar and friend.

Gardener
2nd May 2011, 14:48
Please people I respectfully ask you not to use this forum for personal attack or counter attack, it is unhelpful.
g

DianeKJ
2nd May 2011, 15:08
ahhh Ice. Be well my friend and I truly mean that with all my heart. I know that we did not view things the same way. I'm way too spiritual, woo-woo and "out there" for your taste. It's all good though and we did try and bridge that gap in our own way. Love you for that! See you on the other side my friend.
much love and fluffy blessings :cool:
-Di

Fred259
2nd May 2011, 15:38
I agree with Tiger Lily.

Leelah, a poor fund of knowledge was displayed on that comment, although you are probably right in that your post won't bother him. I would like to point out the title of the thread is directed to Icecold's friends.

Any 'vitriole' dished out by IceCold was given in a mood of instruction, sharing of understanding, from a vast knowledge base. It may have been served with a few chillis...fair to say IceCold does not suffer fools gladly. I think that's a good thing.
Like Shiva...easily angered, easily appeased. We don't all have to have the same kind of personality. Viva le difference!

The time to comment on any posts you don't agree with, is at the point of post.

Don't worry about replying, I know you understand. From your posts, I can tell you are an intelligent person. So no worries and wish you well. :)

Just a desire to defend the integrity of a learned scholar and friend.

Indeed lettherebelight,

I also agree with Tiger Lily.

What on earth has come over you leelah, that you come out with this cowardly attack. Might I suggest you read mad hatters post on the matter, who at least has taken time detailing the folly of your ways. It really is quite disgraceful and duplicitous if I may say so.

Ha… I now see you are from the UK, this provides an explanation for the buffoonery folks…. Ignore..lets move on..

Calz
2nd May 2011, 16:08
Icecold and Modwiz throughout the entire history of their extraordinary contributions showed class and respect. I cannot remember a single post by either one that was out of line on THIS forum.

Whether or not they should be held accountable for what they post on other forums (or even the thank yous issued there) is beyond my scope.

I honor Ice and Modwiz for what they brought *HERE* to this forum for a long long time.

IMHO ... as always

TimelessDimensions
2nd May 2011, 16:15
I bet I can convince you to stay Icecold,
Write me a PM if you want to see the real Avalon and meet lady of the lake.

I can meet you in Sydney at no cost :)

Belle
2nd May 2011, 16:22
“Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” - Snoopy

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss

Like Snoopy, I hate leavings and good-byes...we have had too many of those lately. And now, you too Ice, are leaving and my heart is sad. Your posts made me laugh; they also provoked, pushed, prodded and pulled the best work out of many of us. Thank you. No good-byes, just so long for now...

taizen
2nd May 2011, 16:31
Vibrations, frequency, and you. We will all do what we need to do in order to raise awareness. Thank you for helping me on my journey. I hope you will be challenged on the rest of your journey in a wonderful way.

blake
2nd May 2011, 17:32
Hello Icecold,

So Sorry that you are leaving. I will miss reading your posts.

Sincerely,
Mr. Davis

benevolentcrow
2nd May 2011, 18:12
I love the kind and caring post, it does my heart good to see such admiration for Icecold. I rarely comment on a negative post, I feel nauseous reading them. We so need to come together as a family to help each other through this journey.

Talking is like playing on the harp; there is as much in laying the hands on the strings to stop their vibration as in twanging them to bring out their music. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ernie Nemeth
2nd May 2011, 18:33
Hi Icecold,

I do not know you but I always respected your point of view.
I will miss you.

But I'm sure your penetrating insights are needed elsewhere with greater urgency than here.
Blessings and peace to you,
Ernie

Chicodoodoo
2nd May 2011, 18:38
I’m taking Bill’s advice and moving on. He mentioned that members who fail to understand the complex meaning of Avalon and fail to resonate to its message should seek other homes.

Has anyone been able to identify the person that has been so successful at chopping up the community here at Avalon? The moderators really should do something about this. The message of Avalon that we resonate with is the pursuit of truth and unity. That message is apparently being undermined with relentless efficiency. Avalon is being transformed into a shell of its former self. It is so disheartening to watch. Is there nothing that we as a community can do?

benevolentcrow
2nd May 2011, 18:45
“The purpose of life is a life of purpose.”

Robert Byrne (born 1928);

I am getting confused as to what our purpose is... my head is spinning! Time for a time out.

Whiskey_Mystic
2nd May 2011, 18:48
Has anyone been able to identify the person that has been so successful at chopping up the community here at Avalon? The moderators really should do something about this. The message of Avalon that we resonate with is the pursuit of truth and unity. That message is apparently being undermined with relentless efficiency. Avalon is being transformed into a shell of its former self. It is so disheartening to watch. Is there nothing that we as a community can do?

There are indeed forces in play. There always are. But each person responds to them of their own volition. Icecold, for example, is choosing to honor his own internal sense that Avalon no longer resonates with him. This isn't bad or good, it just is. Avalon, as a collective consciousness entity, is fine tuning itself. Some of us have been talking about a stratification of frequencies that seems to be happening everywhere. A shuffling of the deck.

Icecold, my hats off to you for the classy and honorable way in which you have chosen to exit. Who knows, maybe frequencies will shift and you'll feel pulled back here again someday. Best wishes in all of your adventures. May your intellect contribute to all communities that you participate in. I know that it will.

Mother
2nd May 2011, 18:59
Dear Members and Friends,

reading the farewell message to Icecold, and reading the impressions that caused his departure, I feel like sharing my feelings again.

Obviously, I am not a scholar of the matters discussed here, I am merely an observer, I have no field of operation of what our dear Bill Ryan calls astrophysics, but I do believe that we are energy, moving and taking shape in different "enclosures" on different lines time.

As far as I can reach, Ice, Bill, me, you, we, the person witho who we agree and the ones we don´t, are all particles of the same source. If we understand this forum as a microcosm, there is no need for us grieving with the entry or exit of participants: we are all the same energy, and many levels above what we call "opinion" is our true essence, which sails constantly seeking held completely.

In this pursuit, we choose to vibe as limited beings, prisoned to the scenario of the present moment as a chain of rules, norms and conventions, or we can embrace the freedom that made us get up there and will made us leave, if it becomes clear that here is not the place we want to "be".

Personally, I prefer to choose a sense of freedom; there is no reason to worry about the comings, as there are no impediments to leaving. I've said here before that the beauty of the forum is precisely this dynamic. I have been through times in which I dedicated myself to read, understand and participate actively in discussions. I also had moments when I doubted of its proposals, had decided to left and was about to take off my login. For a while, I explore other sources of stimulum, read some other styles of disucssion etc, but whenever I wanted to return, my login was greeted with a welcome/ thank you message.

I'm sure Ice will receive, if and when he decides to visit us again, the same message, and it is not just a default. I truly believe, that if he is leaving, a part of us is leaving, and if and when he returns, it´s a part of us that we will gladly meet again.

Love and peace!

Jake
2nd May 2011, 18:59
I’m taking Bill’s advice and moving on. He mentioned that members who fail to understand the complex meaning of Avalon and fail to resonate to its message should seek other homes.

Hello again, Chico. I really do love you spirit and commitment to your view of Avalon. I can't see why you insist that Avalon is 'succesfully chopped up' or 'devided and conquered'. Do you have any idea how many new members we have? People are coming to Avalon in droves. You are correct in pointing out that the message of Avalon is the pursuit of truth and unity. You are working hard to try and somehow show that Avalon is a former shell of itself. I do respect and admire your opinion. However, stating your opinion as FACT, does not make it TRUE. I truly admire you energy. Keep up the hard work. Best of luck to you in your endeavor. Jake.

Seikou-Kishi
2nd May 2011, 19:04

Hello again, Chico. I really do love you spirit and commitment to your view of Avalon. I can't see why you insist that Avalon is 'succesfully chopped up' or 'devided and conquered'. Do you have any idea how many new members we have? People are coming to Avalon in droves. You are correct in pointing out that the message of Avalon is the pursuit of truth and unity. You are working hard to try and somehow show that Avalon is a former shell of itself. I do respect and admire your opinion. However, stating your opinion as FACT, does not make it TRUE. I truly admire you energy. Keep up the hard work. Best of luck to you in your endeavor. Jake.

That people are coming here in droves me in fact be the problem, if there is a problem; quantity and quality are entirely different things, and the addition of so many new members in such a short period may have a diluting effect on the community, thinning down what was a determined and resolute community into a fractious hodge podge of disharmonious and confused sentiments.

ThePythonicCow
2nd May 2011, 19:10
That people are coming here in droves me in fact be the problem Not a problem at all, good sir.

A new and wonderful opportunity.

Jake
2nd May 2011, 19:15

That people are coming here in droves me in fact be the problem, if there is a problem; quantity and quality are entirely different things, and the addition of so many new members in such a short period may have a diluting effect on the community, thinning down what was a determined and resolute community into a fractious hodge podge of disharmonious and confused sentiments.

New members (unlike existing members) are required to apply. We do not accept everyone who applies. New, strong, intelligent, trustworthy, hard working, caring, informed, sincere, respectful and wonderful PEOPLE; that is who we accept. I do not consider this a problem. No way. These new members are not 'thinning out' anything. In fact they all add to the, already, amazing group that we have. I assure you that each and every one of them are important. Please, if you can, try and not refer to new members as part of a 'fractious hodge podge of disharmonious and confused sentiments'. That is about as unfair as you can be. I do not agree with that,,, whatsoever.

My apologies to Icecold. I am not trying to take away from this discussion. You will be missed, Icecold.

Best regards, Jake.

shadowstalker
2nd May 2011, 19:15
Good luck and be safe in your journey

Seikou-Kishi
2nd May 2011, 19:18
That people are coming here in droves me in fact be the problem Not a problem at all, good sir.

A new and wonderful opportunity.

I hope so; I certainly prefer optimism over cynicism, regardless of whichever I think most likely.

K626
2nd May 2011, 19:19

Think a lot of them are called joined in Jan/feb 2011...Could be wrong like. :p

Kmischief.

mondaze
2nd May 2011, 19:24
k- you think they came looking for brian?

Fred259
2nd May 2011, 19:27

Your a bit of a word smith Seikou-Kishi, your post made me laugh….it will all be sorted out shortly I’m sure….

It’s heartening to read about these new members Jake can you share that with us, it would provide balance and perhaps a better understanding.

Roughly how many new members are joining per month would you say…

K626
2nd May 2011, 19:27
k- you think they came looking for brian?

For the Life of me I hope not. ;)

Peace

K

Chicodoodoo
2nd May 2011, 19:30
New, strong, intelligent, trustworthy, hard working, caring, informed, sincere, respectful and wonderful PEOPLE; that is who we accept. I do not consider this a problem. No way.

I very much agree, Jake. But has anyone noticed the kind of people that are being "unaccepted"? Established, strong, intelligent, trustworthy, hard working, caring, informed, sincere, respectful, and wonderful PEOPLE. There seems to be some kind of disconnect there.

K626
2nd May 2011, 19:32
New, strong, intelligent, trustworthy, hard working, caring, informed, sincere, respectful and wonderful PEOPLE; that is who we accept. I do not consider this a problem. No way.

I very much agree, Jake. But has anyone noticed the kind of people that are being "unaccepted"? Established, strong, intelligent, trustworthy, hard working, caring, informed, sincere, respectful, and wonderful PEOPLE. There seems to be some kind of disconnect there.

Spit it out.

K

Jake
2nd May 2011, 19:46

I am sorry about the loss of friends. We can go over all of this again if you want to, Chico. People who have been asked to leave, have been asked to leave because of their own actions. Nothing that you do or say is ever going to change that. We all suffer from that. The whole community. Whereas I feel it is honorable to rally to the defense of departed friends, I also feel it honorable to come to the defense of the other members of this community, and to Bill. I would never participate in the unfair treatment of a member of any community. Especially, Avalon. I have the utmost respect for you. I have the utmost respect for all of you. Best regards,,, Jake.

SteveX
2nd May 2011, 20:17
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/dying.gif

Nanoo Nanoo
2nd May 2011, 20:27
the sadness of parting is mountainous in prospect
from a distance a mountain is beautiful, even regal
up close it bears fissures and danger
is this duality the meaning of us ?

can it be that we see the wrongs in others so many times
that we repeatedly need to see it again ?
repetition is the very definition of insanity
see it once and move on...

evolution, the lonely path some travel despite popularity
divide and conquer the man said
and we watch now as new dawns bear struggle
technology has outgrown our spirituality and tears a sad hole in my heart.

every message i read screams fear
every light comes to the room faints
move forward my dear friends with courage !
courage to explore the spirit of change

mighty is my heart that beats like a clock of fortune

its being told to us right here right now

Avalon is the pillar of salt behind my inspiration.

Safe travels my friend, please leave the door ajar :.. )

luciole
2nd May 2011, 20:42
Icecold and Modwiz throughout the entire history of their extraordinary contributions showed class and respect. I cannot remember a single post by either one that was out of line on THIS forum.

Whether or not they should be held accountable for what they post on other forums (or even the thank yous issued there) is beyond my scope.

I honor Ice and Modwiz for what they brought *HERE* to this forum for a long long time.

IMHO ... as always

Right on, Calz you spoke my thoughts!
I've been a longtime reader, and I greatly appreciated the contributions of Modwiz and Icecold.

Bye Icecold,
stay as you are, and please,
don't let yourself get Luke warm!!!!!;)

Deedee
2nd May 2011, 21:18
In reference to Icecold's opening thread: I’m taking Bill’s advice and moving on. He mentioned that members who fail to understand the complex meaning of Avalon and fail to resonate to its message should seek other homes. This is good advice.

Hello I am new here and I do not understand the complex meaning of Avalon. Can someone please explain what this means?

K626
2nd May 2011, 21:26
Has anyone thought that it might be to our collective advantage to spread our skills over three sites?

Peace

K

Chicodoodoo
2nd May 2011, 22:02
Has anyone thought that it might be to our collective advantage to spread our skills over three sites?

Yes, that idea has popped up here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?19231-A-United-Website). I'm working on it.

Donna O
2nd May 2011, 23:02
Ok, I hold my hands up, my bad. I don’t know where it came from, I’m usually better at controlling my anger but I just had a relapse.

It’s my own fault; I shouldn’t keep looking at some of the comments that go on at Nexus. They not only insult Bill and Inelia mercilessly, but us too as a membership. I am not going to visit again; it is now off my radar. As I posted once before, If I post something really negative it comes straight back at me and I’ve had somewhat of an upsetting day all round, personally and here on the internet.

So my apologies to friends of Ice, I do quite like him but also finds he triggers me at times.

P.S. the comment about giving all his property up and following his truth was in relation to what Bill has done with his life and is now being attacked over at Nexus, something I feel he truly doesn’t deserve, that’s all.

loveandgratitude
2nd May 2011, 23:17
LEELAH
Anyone can become angry - that is easy.
But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time,
for the right purpose, and in the right way -
this is not easy.

Seikou-Kishi
3rd May 2011, 03:10

New members (unlike existing members) are required to apply. We do not accept everyone who applies. New, strong, intelligent, trustworthy, hard working, caring, informed, sincere, respectful and wonderful PEOPLE; that is who we accept. I do not consider this a problem. No way. These new members are not 'thinning out' anything. In fact they all add to the, already, amazing group that we have. I assure you that each and every one of them are important. Please, if you can, try and not refer to new members as part of a 'fractious hodge podge of disharmonious and confused sentiments'. That is about as unfair as you can be. I do not agree with that,,, whatsoever.

My apologies to Icecold. I am not trying to take away from this discussion. You will be missed, Icecold.

Best regards, Jake.

I think you have confused my meaning. I can only hope your misunderstanding was unintentional, otherwise I think that would quite be as unfair as you could be. If you would care to re-read what I wrote, you would see that I said the community would be a 'fractious hodge podge' and spoke of nobody in particular, it being up to the merits of each person to say whether they are a beneficial or deleterious effect on the forum.

As I said, I can only hope your misunderstanding was genuine, because it would be rather disingenuous of anybody, but a moderator-in-training more particularly, to make a straw-man of a valid point.

Lord Sidious
3rd May 2011, 04:37
So my apologies to friends of Ice, I do quite like him but also finds he triggers me at times.

Do you realise that being triggered is actually an opportunity for you?
I learnt this the hard way. It gives you a chance to learn more about yourself.

Anchor
3rd May 2011, 04:56
Shakespeare famously said "All the world is a stage", less famously I said "All the world is a mirror".

Gaze in the mirror - see the creator.

John..

Donna O
3rd May 2011, 09:19
I certainly do miLord, learning valuable things about oneself always seems to be done the hard way. Our polarity is our education.

Lord Sidious
3rd May 2011, 12:11
I certainly do miLord, learning valuable things about oneself always seems to be done the hard way. Our polarity is our education.

Excellent! I thought you would get it.