PDA

View Full Version : Illumination Entertainment

oceanz
2nd May 2011, 06:03
Something caught my eye the other day:

Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment.

Illumination Entertainment

Illumination Entertainment is an American film production company, founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007. Meledandri left his post as President of 20th Century Fox Animation in early 2007 and founded Illumination Entertainment. By 2008, a deal was announced positioning Illumination as NBC Universalís family entertainment arm that would produce one to two films a year starting in 2010. It is co-owned by Universal who exclusively distributes the films, but Illumination retains creative control as an independent production company.

Meledandri was born in New York City. He is a member of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. He attended Dartmouth College and is a member of the board of trustees at The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut.

The Alumni of Dartmouth and The Hotchkiss School have some notable names there.

I guess what I'm asking - is this production company just a coincidence?

KosmicKat
2nd May 2011, 12:11
If you have an Oxford University Press King James Authorized Version Bible, check the imprint page with the university crest;
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CHG2GRbeET8/TFrNO43VnyI/AAAAAAAAP9I/HHsfOihrU8k/s1600/oup.gif
The design makes it look as if it says "DOMIMINA NUSTIO ILLUMEA" but when read correctly (left page top to bottom, then right page top to bottom) it reads "DOMINUS ILLUMINATIO MEA", the Lord is my light. I've wondered about that for a long time, knowing that many of these ancient establishments have complex connections. And then, of course, there are a few tattered threads in the wind for anyone who goes looking for the "Schola Noctis" (school of night)...

2nd May 2011, 12:18
Something caught my eye the other day:

Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment.

Illumination Entertainment is an American film production company, founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007. Meledandri left his post as President of 20th Century Fox Animation in early 2007 and founded Illumination Entertainment. By 2008, a deal was announced positioning Illumination as NBC Universalís family entertainment arm that would produce one to two films a year starting in 2010. It is co-owned by Universal who exclusively distributes the films, but Illumination retains creative control as an independent production company.

Meledandri was born in New York City. He is a member of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. He attended Dartmouth College and is a member of the board of trustees at The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Connecticut.

The Alumni of Dartmouth and The Hotchkiss School have some notable names there.

I guess what I'm asking - is this production company just a coincidence?

I don't subscribe to the concept of a coincidence, especially where this lot are involved. Good work.

Jendayi
2nd May 2011, 12:24
i believe their first movie was "Despicable Me" about a notorious evil character called "Gru" who wants to steel the moon... and adopts three little girls to help him achieve his evil plan..
his competition comes in the form of a an evil "Bill Gates Look alike" who has all these gadgets and ludicrous weapons that look like something built by the Apple computer company, they both try to get funding from a secret bank which finances villains and bad guys..
Our "hero" Gru is assisted by an army of small yellow minions of which many have only one eye..
the symbolism and subliminal messages in this movie are abundantly present.. i find it to be a funny, yet very informative movie... just depends from which perspective one is viewing this :)
namaste!

TimelessDimensions
3rd May 2011, 17:55
777 crush, kills and destroys 666